Old Republic International Employee Reviews

fast paced but fun
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 9, 2017
Old Republic was a very fast paced call center but the managers provided fun activities regularly to help with team building. I definitely enjoyed working for this company.
good workplace enviroment
Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 5, 2017
start time 7:00 AM check queue for workload appraisals to review or Broker price opinions, PDA'S. Learned how to quickly adjust from one product to another.Good Training programs excellent communication with staff and management. When we would have a abundance of reports to review without having enough support to complete. talking with associates and getting there input on products that i was having difficulties on.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
short breaks
Very Stressful enviroment
Loss Mitigation Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
Numbers driven dollar recovery (not collections or loss mitigation). Fun part was working with Secondary mortgage market investors to sell defaulted loans to.
Pros
Being on Michigan Ave
Cons
Poor management, office set up
Stressful
Authorization Agent (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 30, 2017
Management is very poor. Not enough training and people are afraid to be themselves. Your singled out for personal reasons other than looked at for your skills and abilities
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Poor management unprofessional
Overwhelming
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 27, 2017
I was in procurement at Old Republic and it was by far the most stressful job I have ever had. I should have an assistant just so I can focus on my "normal" work load.
horrible
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2017
This company was horrible place to work. Bad management on every level. Poor work conditions & old & out dated break area. The other employees were not friendly and acted as if were afraid of termination if were sociable. Would not refer any one to work at Old Republic.
Pros
the location
Cons
management
People helping People
Authorizations Agent (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 10, 2017
Old Republic is an excellent place to work. It is a place where employees are appreciated and there is no limit to how far one can go with hard work and dedication. There is a culture of family and personal responsibility within the workplace. It is an environment that encourages growth, knowledge, compassion and ability to make tough decisions under pressure. I love the fast pace and actually look forward to going to work. Working for Old Republic has challenged me and made me set realistic goals for myself. Goals that I have been able to meet and exceed
Pros
employees are appreciated, rewarding, room for growth and advancement
Cons
parking
I do not recommend this place
Authorization Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 1, 2017
There is poor leadership here I enjoyed the employees however there is lack of training and accountability in the lack of training communication is often lacked
Good Company, fair benefits, relaxed environment
Underwriting Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 25, 2017
Dallas office is very relaxed, but not much control in-house. No strong personalities. The whole team is very enjoyable. Training system sub par.

Be prepared to be a quick learner with little room for mistakes with a remote trainer from out of state. No breaks available but if you need to step away, there isn't any micro-managing either.
Pros
Easy computer systems, decent healthcare premiums and coverage, easy to access location
Cons
No breaks, minimal training, minimal pay
Decent Company
Pre Marketing Eviction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 14, 2017
Old Republic was a good company to work at. Coworkers are great and the area is convenient. Friday Bingo's are fun and donut day was a nice treat. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely my peers.
Pros
Great coworkers, area
Cons
layoffs
Helpful Co-workers
Authorization Agent (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 10, 2017
Job has it's perks, but as with any company has grounds for improvement. Standard set to high an relation to metrics. Management sometimes does not have the right approach to helping you get to where you need to be.
Pros
Monthly Company events, Free Lunches
Cons
Low pay raises, no room for growth unless you know someone
Good experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 30, 2017
Was a good place to give me a lot of work experience. There are your favorite employees that get special treatment. Typical office politics. Coworkers were great.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Unfair work distribution
Good company but needs competitive compensation
Front Desk/ Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 24, 2017
Great company to work for if you are looking for an entry level position. Management is nice and there are great opportunities to grow if you put the effort in.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
low pay
Too Much Personal affairs in the job place.
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 17, 2017
There was a lot of who knows who to get the better position. It wasn't based off your skill set. It was based on who you know. Even though i was promoted to a higher position the management their were real into getting in your personal business,
Pros
promoted to the Sallie Mae Department
Overall, average
Operations Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
A typical work day - pretty routine. I prioritize my task for the day according to what is the most time sensitive, complete those, then work on the tasks that take longer to complete

I've been able to cross train with others in my department so when someone is out of the office, I can step in. It helps to keep one versatile.

Management is decent. No micromanagement but are willing to talk with employees if they need to improve

The hardest part of the job is staying motivated to continue having a routine that is the same everyday

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I love my co-workers and it's practically a stress-free environment
Pros
No micromanagement, decent benefits
Cons
No room for advancement, no options to dress down on Friday
Constant Communication
Authorizations Agent (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 11, 2017
The Training is lengthy and continues as tiered stages. There are various dept. to move through and the turnover is constant as well. The management is very helpful.
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Sa Ramon, CAJune 20, 2017
Nice, balanced corporation with which to work. A typical day is to market to 8-10 offices per week, to give 6-10 presentations or teach classes per month.
Pros
create own schedule
Cons
bonuses hard to achieve
Authorization Agent
Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  CAJune 19, 2017
ORHP includes a 12 week training program. Once on the floor there are metrics you are rated on. Call taking is to authorize technicians to complete work at policy holders homes and to answer questions and keep customer aware each step of the repair process
The training course is very in-depth
Management is very helpful with knowledge on all processes and procedures
Workplace culture is positive and helpful
Incentive for reaching goals
The hardest part of the position was the new phone system, which was still working out the bugs
Pros
Extensive Training
Cons
Parking
Good place to work, but not good pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2017
This is an old company, and the dress code was completely outdated and directed at women (closed-toe shoes, nylons, no bare shoulders), but otherwise the environment offered a lot of opportunity to learn.
Another great company.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAJune 6, 2017
ORHP is great company and a great company to work for, however, if an employee or a sales person wants to make a change from their current position there was no place to go with in the organization. They do not allow Account Executive's move into management.
Cons
no room for change