Old Second National Bank Employee Reviews

good place to work at
Teller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 31, 2017
It's a good company to work at. Each location has different work culture. Medical benefits are good as well. The downtown Aurora, corporate location, is the busiest of all. If you work there, then do not expect much of work-life-balance. Overall, my experience with them was good.
Pros
all health benefits, good people too
Cons
too late night hours and too early morning hours.
Keeps you busy
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILOctober 2, 2017
This is a good working place and has good environment very friendly. Customers are very nice and friendly. Busy branch keeps you on your toes and just makes it a fun place due to the pace
Pros
Coworkers are friendly and lots of places to eat
Cons
Drama, busy branch
A new manager who is a career climber has made the place cut throat
VP of Sales (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 4, 2017
A new manager in CL is extremely difficult to work with and for. This person is what I call a career ladder climber, can't imagine this person being their more than 5 years before they move on to a bigger bank. A wannabe video star.
Pros
For the most part the people are nice
Cons
A new manager in CL has created low moral
Friendly Work Enviroment
teller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 27, 2017
This is a great company to work for. Advancing can be tough as it can be complacent in one position but overall a great company to work for with friendly people.
Great benefits, great people
Human Resources Generalist II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 19, 2017
People I worked with are helpful and kind. There are many opportunities for advancement and learning. Great community presence. Many opportunities to get involved in charitable organizations such as Junior Achievement, United Way, and more.
Pros
Benefits package is very competitive
Co-workers are OK
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 25, 2017
Communication and training is very lacking. They do not promote internal promotions. Too many chiefs. Some benefits are good, however and hours are good.
Overall a great place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILFebruary 7, 2017
Overall Old Second Bank was a great place to work. The only thing that was tough was making your quotas in a not so great economy at the time. Management was great and very flexible.
Pros
I learned a lot about how banking works
Cons
Not always being able to make monthly quotas due to bad economy
pay is really bad and so are the benefits
SENIOR TELLER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 26, 2017
you will be crosstrained to do just about everything. high paced environment. no advancement unless you have some type of degree.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
pay, benefits, days off
Great place to gain experience, not much more.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Great place to gain experience, not much more. Work culture is what you would expect from an office environment. Many mangers ( not all) are put in place for their current roles without the proper experience to be leaders and perform the job correctly.
Pros
helpful people, friendly enviorement
Cons
Managers lack proper training and experience.
Community bank with traditional values
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILFebruary 22, 2016
Community bank with traditional values. The best part of the bank are the employees and the relationships you can build with the loyal customer base.
Not as professional
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2015
Management have their favorite people. They pay here is not good for the work that we do. And we are always short handed. They do care about family and the bank has a great history. The hardest part of the job is always being short handed. It makes everyone else work harder and more stressed.
Room for advancement
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 15, 2015
There is a lot of room to advance but mostly only in the retail area. Every branch has their own culture, some are worst than others. Benefits are very good.
Pros
benefits, flexibility with work/personal life
Cons
not enough room for advancement
unpredictable
teller (Former Employee) –  aurora ilMay 15, 2015
Just terrible idk where to start! Good luck is all i can say. I wouldn't recommend my enemies to work at this old out dated bank!!!
Pros
going home at the end of your shift
Productive and nice place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Management and co-workers was great for the time that I was there. Enjoyed the job the job my skills where updated on loan processing.
Pros
Enjoyable Company
Cons
No good parking spots had to pay a metor daily
Great place and great people
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILNovember 20, 2014
A typical day opening is comming in at 6:45 Am until 2-3pm. Processing customers paytments and deposits as well as organizing money and lifteing coin bags. Processing western Union transactions as we are a represenative of the Western union company.
I learned how to handle money, have greater team work skills, and manage difficult customer situation.

The hardest part of the job i having to work sundays and holidays when all other financial intitutions are closed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is woring with my Co- workers and some customers.

we also earned a bonus and free food if we mey our goals of having customers open accounts.
Pros
Pay Bonus, Free food
Cons
Hours.
Old Second
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILOctober 26, 2014
Management and it's support changes with each branch some are better than others. All positions the focus is on sales instead of the customer.
Records Department
Research and Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 13, 2014
A typical day at work at Old Second National Bank was balancing general ledgers. It was very interesting because it made my day go by fast trying to brainstorm to get the general ledgers balanced.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers we worked as a team, and helped each other out if we needed to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the customer was happy by the end of our phone conversation.
Really good corporation but poor management
C.S.R / Teller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 12, 2014
Learned a lot wit bank translations. at the beginning was hard but then was super easy . co-workers never were in the good mood with attitude the hardest part was for me to fit in the group .
depended on the department
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 25, 2014
I initially enjoyed my time at Old Second. I began as a teller while in college and then started working full time about five years ago. Since I have held three positions at the company, I do not think an overall review would be fair, as my experience ranged from excellent to less than desirable.
Proceed with caution
Teller (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 18, 2014
Typical schedule was 10am-7:15pm. I was often left with one other teller in the drive thru however the commercial window was separated from the regular lanes and I was on my own even on Friday nights when everyone is cashing their paychecks. Averaging about 10 cars between my two lanes. This place had turn over left and right, nobody lasted a year when I worked there. Management was a joke, obviously favoring the lobby employees. Training lacked actual training. We were even told we should wear makeup to improve our appearance. I spoke to HR only to be fired days later. Coincidence?
Pros
co workers until they were fired
Cons
hahaha