Old Second National Bank

Old Second National Bank Employer Reviews

Really good corporation but poor management
C.S.R / Teller (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMay 12, 2014
Learned a lot wit bank translations. at the beginning was hard but then was super easy . co-workers never were in the good mood with attitude the hardest part was for me to fit in the group .
depended on the department
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee), Aurora, ILApril 25, 2014
I initially enjoyed my time at Old Second. I began as a teller while in college and then started working full time about five years ago. Since I have held three positions at the company, I do not think an overall review would be fair, as my experience ranged from excellent to less than desirable.
Proceed with caution
Teller (Former Employee), IllinoisMarch 18, 2014
Pros: co workers until they were fired
Cons: hahaha
Typical schedule was 10am-7:15pm. I was often left with one other teller in the drive thru however the commercial window was separated from the regular lanes and I was on my own even on Friday nights when everyone is cashing their paychecks. Averaging about 10 cars between my two lanes. This place had turn over left and right, nobody lasted a year when – more... I worked there. Management was a joke, obviously favoring the lobby employees. Training lacked actual training. We were even told we should wear makeup to improve our appearance. I spoke to HR only to be fired days later. Coincidence? – less
Pay was terrible
Teller (Former Employee), Lisle, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Most management was nice. Pay was terrible, little room for advancement.
Productive learing experience with ability to always gain knowledge
Sr.Lockbox Processor (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJanuary 17, 2014
I gained most of my knowledge working here. It can be a little overwhelming at time but I always fount my way.
Good
Teller (Current Employee), Maple Park, ILAugust 21, 2013
Nice work environment however not enough customer traffic at my location to meet goals
Fast paced job, no good management
Bank Teller (Former Employee), North Aurora, ILJuly 8, 2013
Pros: paid time off
Cons: management, hours
Co workers were amazing to work with benefits were ok. Management was horrible they always choosed favorites and werent fair to all employees.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Aurora, ILApril 4, 2013
Pros: health insurance/vacation/retirement.
Cons: lack of communication with upper management
Learn something new everyday. bonus payouts. get togethers with co-workers.. Hardest part, customer complaints. most enjoyable part, helping customers, reaching goals & getting bonus payouts!

July 5, 2013

Do they pressure you to sell products?

Very nice place to work, not so much inmediate managers.
Loan Service Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Downer St. Aurora, ILSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: schedule, distance from home, enviroment, co-workers, dress code.
Cons: manager's own 'point' system and lack of support to their tem members.
The schedule was good, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
I learned different aspects of the home loan process, this complemented the knowledge I had from my previous employment. Our department managers/ supervisors created their very own 'point' system, that no one else had or knew about within the bank, this system wasn't very partial for the employees and created – more... a lot of friccion with management.
My co-workers were very good, there's always an exception, but we learn to live with it and always work as a team. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help a customer, try hard to find a solution to their problems and if I couldn't, then make them understand that we don't make the rules, we were jut making sure we all follow them. I enjoy customer service, satisfying customer requests and/or answer their questions, show our customer that we, the bank, were doing the best we could to help them in any way possible, following the bank's policy and tending to their needs.
I think that was a rewarding experience. – less
Productive and always challeged environment
Research and Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 14, 2012
Pros: having a very understandable supervisor
A typical day at work was daily balancing and adjusting errors to customer's accounts. Research and debited and credited customer accounts as necessary. What I learn is to be cross train on different areas of the department. Co-workers were always generous with each other. Whenever one of us would finish our job duties, we would ask around and see who – more... needed help. Hardest part of the job is having a customer very upset that their deposit was not posted into their account. We don't blame others for their mistakes, we just apologize for the error and need to do the research and post their depost as soon as possible. Most enjoyable part of the job is always being challenged. – less