Old Second National Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Not as professional
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2015
Management have their favorite people. They pay here is not good for the work that we do. And we are always short handed. They do care about family and the bank has a great history. The hardest part of the job is always being short handed. It makes everyone else work harder and more stressed.
Room for advancement
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 15, 2015
There is a lot of room to advance but mostly only in the retail area. Every branch has their own culture, some are worst than others. Benefits are very good.
Pros
benefits, flexibility with work/personal life
Cons
not enough room for advancement
unpredictable
teller (Former Employee) –  aurora ilMay 15, 2015
Just terrible idk where to start! Good luck is all i can say. I wouldn't recommend my enemies to work at this old out dated bank!!!
Pros
going home at the end of your shift
Productive and nice place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Management and co-workers was great for the time that I was there. Enjoyed the job the job my skills where updated on loan processing.
Pros
enjoyable company
Cons
no good parking spots had to pay a metor daily
Great place and great people
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILNovember 20, 2014
A typical day opening is comming in at 6:45 Am until 2-3pm. Processing customers paytments and deposits as well as organizing money and lifteing coin bags. Processing western Union transactions as we are a represenative of the Western union company.
I learned how to handle money, have greater team work skills, and manage difficult customer situation.

The hardest part of the job i having to work sundays and holidays when all other financial intitutions are closed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is woring with my Co- workers and some customers.

we also earned a bonus and free food if we mey our goals of having customers open accounts.
Pros
pay bonus, free food
Cons
hours.
Old Second
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILOctober 26, 2014
Management and it's support changes with each branch some are better than others. All positions the focus is on sales instead of the customer.
Records Department
Research and Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 13, 2014
A typical day at work at Old Second National Bank was balancing general ledgers. It was very interesting because it made my day go by fast trying to brainstorm to get the general ledgers balanced.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers we worked as a team, and helped each other out if we needed to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the customer was happy by the end of our phone conversation.
Really good corporation but poor management
C.S.R / Teller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 12, 2014
Learned a lot wit bank translations. at the beginning was hard but then was super easy . co-workers never were in the good mood with attitude the hardest part was for me to fit in the group .
depended on the department
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 25, 2014
I initially enjoyed my time at Old Second. I began as a teller while in college and then started working full time about five years ago. Since I have held three positions at the company, I do not think an overall review would be fair, as my experience ranged from excellent to less than desirable.
Proceed with caution
Teller (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 18, 2014
Typical schedule was 10am-7:15pm. I was often left with one other teller in the drive thru however the commercial window was separated from the regular lanes and I was on my own even on Friday nights when everyone is cashing their paychecks. Averaging about 10 cars between my two lanes. This place had turn over left and right, nobody lasted a year when I worked there. Management was a joke, obviously favoring the lobby employees. Training lacked actual training. We were even told we should wear makeup to improve our appearance. I spoke to HR only to be fired days later. Coincidence?
Pros
co workers until they were fired
Cons
hahaha
Pay was terrible
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Most management was nice. Pay was terrible, little room for advancement.
Productive learing experience with ability to always gain knowledge
Sr.Lockbox Processor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 17, 2014
I gained most of my knowledge working here. It can be a little overwhelming at time but I always fount my way.
Good
Teller (Current Employee) –  Maple Park, ILAugust 21, 2013
Nice work environment however not enough customer traffic at my location to meet goals
Fast paced job, no good management
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJuly 8, 2013
Co workers were amazing to work with benefits were ok. Management was horrible they always choosed favorites and werent fair to all employees.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
management, hours
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 4, 2013
Learn something new everyday. bonus payouts. get togethers with co-workers.. Hardest part, customer complaints. most enjoyable part, helping customers, reaching goals & getting bonus payouts!
Pros
health insurance/vacation/retirement.
Cons
lack of communication with upper management
Very nice place to work, not so much inmediate managers.
Loan Service Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downer St. Aurora, ILSeptember 17, 2012
The schedule was good, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
I learned different aspects of the home loan process, this complemented the knowledge I had from my previous employment. Our department managers/ supervisors created their very own 'point' system, that no one else had or knew about within the bank, this system wasn't very partial for the employees and created a lot of friccion with management.
My co-workers were very good, there's always an exception, but we learn to live with it and always work as a team. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help a customer, try hard to find a solution to their problems and if I couldn't, then make them understand that we don't make the rules, we were jut making sure we all follow them. I enjoy customer service, satisfying customer requests and/or answer their questions, show our customer that we, the bank, were doing the best we could to help them in any way possible, following the bank's policy and tending to their needs.
I think that was a rewarding experience.
Pros
schedule, distance from home, enviroment, co-workers, dress code.
Cons
manager's own 'point' system and lack of support to their tem members.
Productive and always challeged environment
Research and Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 14, 2012
A typical day at work was daily balancing and adjusting errors to customer's accounts. Research and debited and credited customer accounts as necessary. What I learn is to be cross train on different areas of the department. Co-workers were always generous with each other. Whenever one of us would finish our job duties, we would ask around and see who needed help. Hardest part of the job is having a customer very upset that their deposit was not posted into their account. We don't blame others for their mistakes, we just apologize for the error and need to do the research and post their depost as soon as possible. Most enjoyable part of the job is always being challenged.
Pros
having a very understandable supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Second National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Old Second National Bank Reviews by Location