Old Time Pottery Employee Reviews

Average workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 11, 2016
Absolutely average...no other words to explain, low pay,no respect,no advancement, no benefits...nothing outstanding to speak of.
was an ok place to work
Service Desk Attendant/Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 9, 2016
management could have been a little better. I loved my job and the daily task that I performed. Some days were very hectic but as a team we all got through it.
Pros
had good relationship with other employees and returning customers
Cons
management
Enjoyable retail job.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 8, 2016
-A typical day at work would always be different from the one before. From either working in the receiving room unloading trucks, and unpacking boxes; to working in the front stocking shelves, returning items that customers returned to their rightful place, or interacting with customers by helping them locate items, and by carrying items to their vehicles for them.

- I learned retail duties such as receiving, pricing, stocking, and customer service skills.

-Management was decent at best. Some of them were nice, polite, encouraging, and fun. Other didn't make many of the workers feel that their work was appreciated or mattered.

-I've met some really great co-workers there. Some of them I'm still in contact with to this day. We enjoyed each others company, and had fun performing out duties together.

-The hardest part of my job was learning how to properly stock to make sure the items were presentable to customers.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers and the customers. I often would had a fun time performing my duties as well.
Pros
Nice enviorment, nice people, fun duties.
Cons
Pay rate, some management.
Opening a new store kept us very busy.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNAugust 3, 2016
I enjoyed the job and my co-workers. We got to know each other as we worked. A lot of teamwork, I enjoyed that too. There was always someone to help you out if you needed it. The managers were great too. the hardest part of the job was finding room to stock everything that came in.
Pros
The managers always let us know they appreciated the work we did.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement.or raises.
fun place to work great for college stundents
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2016
good place to work for. Good workers and store is always with good items. managers expect you stay give great customer service to all.
Pros
customers
Cons
hrs.
Poor management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALJune 11, 2016
They were 3 months behind on seasonal stock before I even got there. We had three managers, none of which were ever on the same page. Every day I would get three different sets of orders, and would be sumarily scolded by the other two for whatever the one before them demanded I make priority of. Coworkers were friends of management, so they would often sneek off and leave me to do their jobs, but were never disciplined for it. I pushed through, though, and was never phased by any of it. I came to do my job, and I did it. We had a successful Christmas season, with all the important items from all the ads shelved on schedule. I do not brag when I say that I did it all single handedly and without complaint.
Poor management
Stock Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 25, 2016
a fun and fast paced work envirement
Customer Care Associate, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 17, 2016
i always have a good day no matter whats going on.i learned to always agree with management.i always respect my fellow co-workers.and i enjoy every part of the day
Pros
sometimes we had pot lucks
Cons
n/a
Fun and fast paced
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 16, 2016
I've been working at Old Time Pottery for over 4years now. I absolutely love it. You have to be a team player to work there. Everyone helps everyone out no matter the job. If you are a cashier there will be times you will have to stock or recover the store. As a floor associate there will be times you will have to help up front as a bagger or carry outs. No one is limited to one job duty. I am a Customer Service Team Leader and there is nothing I wouldn't do. I've done carryouts, gathered shopping carts from the parking lot, I've even cleaned the restrooms. You get what you give. If you are a hard working individual there is always a chance for advancement. Also management at Fort Myers location is very good about working with you on days requested off. Every job has its ups and downs but ultimately you decide how the day will go. Positivity is the key to success. Once you join the Old Time Pottery Team you become apart of the OTP family!
Pros
Friendly staff, paid vacation, annual raises, great management team
Cons
The occasional irrate customer
Horrible work place
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 11, 2016
From a former employee, I would never work here again. Management does not take responsibility for anything, and at this particular store, the store manager yelled at employees multiple times in front of customers. The pay wasn't enough to live off of. The store was always disgusting because management didn't let people do their jobs.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managment
Horrible work environment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLApril 30, 2016
If you think being chewed out by an assistant manager in front of fellow associates and customers is fun, this is the place for you. It happens to somebody every day. No orientation-you are given a handbook and told to go home on your own time and read it. You might go to another store to train, and they may do things completely different, but you are supposed to figure it out yourself. Antiquated equipment-cash registers are old, check approval machines rarely work. Cashiers and head cashiers are not given any authority, a manager must be called for every tiny decision. If you are a cashier, you can get fired for being over or under the smallest amount of money. Store merchandise is constantly changing-it can be in one spot for one day, another spot the next, but cashiers who stand in one spot are expected to know where everything is. Floor people not only have to help customers, but also sweep the floors and clean bathrooms and whatever else you would think a chain of stores would hire a cleaning crew to do. And that is in addition to trying to straighten the store with only 2 or 3 associates there. The pay is extremely low for what the duties entail, no matter what the position. But if you need a job, they always have openings. Always. Be prepared for no life/work balance. You get your schedule on Thursday for the next week, starting Saturday. Yes, that is right-2 days notice.
Pros
It gives you a check, Co workers.
Cons
Managers, schedule posted too late to make any plans, low pay, associates treated with little or no respect.
Fun and Chill environment to work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Working at OTP was great, always something to do, management was cool and easy to get along with. Very upbeat, never boring.
Very controlling and the owners were not very out going
Corporate service/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 29, 2016
I loved my job and the fast pass. There were a lot of negative things in the office. Some of the hourly employees were very hard to work with.
Pros
Doing my type of work and having a good supervisor
Cons
Dnvironment pertaining to other people and the way they acted
Instructions are clear and concise on what needs to be done.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2016
Clear instructions, time management is a must, not a lot of sympathy from upper-level management. No room for growth within the company.
Pros
Safety Luncheons if no accident for a month.
Cons
Too much work and not enough associates. No room for growth within the company.
Co-Workers Were Nice, But Pay Wasn't Worth It
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILNovember 27, 2015
My Co-Workers at Old-Time-Pottery were fun to be around and very agreeable. However, management expected us to jump through hoops for our meager $8.25/hour. We had a large number of responsibilities, very little training, and very little compensation. There were company lunches every month if we had no customer or employee accidents, but this didn't make up for the pay. On top of that, your 15-minute breaks were never guaranteed - they would often call you back up to the registers to check people out, if they had even more than one person in line. If you were cleaning departments, you were still signed in to a register and would be called up so often that you would be unable to get your work done.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, monthly company lunches
Cons
Often interrupted breaks, bad pay, too many job responsibilities, bad training, bad hours
Love it
Frontend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, TNNovember 11, 2015
I was the Supervisor. The money was good. You did as much as a regular employee. They had great discounts on d├ęcor. It went out of business.
just work
janitor / receiving (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 8, 2015
This job was just to get me going and through school. The job itself was kind of peaceful when I was sweeping the floors or when I started working in receiving, I just followed my supervisor instruction and we got the work done in a good manner.
Creative and fast-paced environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILOctober 8, 2015
On a typical day, I ensure that I have the right staff in the right place at the right time. I also ensure that I use my time management skills to ensure all daily tasks are completed in a timely manner. I also ensure that any additional tasks given by the store manager are completed throughout the day. I also ensure all customers are treated properly and their needs are met. The most important thing I've learned is how to properly merchandise without the assistance of plan-o-grams. The store doesn't use pre-planned merchandising locations. We have the opportunity to let our creativity shine through our self-designed displays. Management does a great job of ensuring that the store remains in a presentable manner for customers. At times, management has a difficult job communicating requirements and tasks needing to be completed. Most of my co-workers are outstanding team members and work well together. The hardest part of the job is balancing all the required daily tasks will providing outstanding customer service and keeping the store in a presentable manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers, providing them outstanding customer service and serving their needs.
Pros
Monthly safety luncheons and staff recognition
Cons
Breaks are cut short at times
Some of the worst management I've experienced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOSeptember 24, 2015
If you want a job I'd suggest looking elsewhere. The pay is low, your hours are not compatible with having a life outside of the job, benefits are bad, management is run by people who think we're all in high school with drama, you ask for a day off and they schedule you the longest shift, just all around wasn't a good place to be.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
so much
Fair place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 19, 2015
Cashier,and assisted as needed on floor.Filled in for Customer Service. Management was good. Nothing too hard to handle.
Pros
Cons
Could not get full-time

2.5