Oldcastle Employee Reviews

very fast paced, unsafe work envirenment
Operator/Lead Utility (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OH 43545November 20, 2017
very little training was provided, when provided trainer would often leave you on your own. problems are not addressed actually ignored. to much is expected from operators
Typical Day
Product Management (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 14, 2017
Working through emails and VM from evening before. Sales calls and quotes. Data mining and meetings. Quotes and sales towards the end of the day also. Different weeks, travel to other plants for sales training and product training.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Decentralized Management
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 14, 2017
The decentralization of the company makes it difficult for upper management to successfully grow. The company is split into 3 regions and the local facilities do not communicate well.
Array
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2017
The help desk managers kept the members of the help desk in array, and at odds with one another. Better management and leadership would make this help desk great.
Ambiente de trabajo algo tenso, cafe gratis
Operador de maquina cortadora de vidrio (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 10, 2017
Buen sueldo, no buen equilibrio en lo personal y laboral
I love oldcastle
Data Entry Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 9, 2017
A day at Oldcastle is Awesome. We have great fun and caring management. We have good working conditions and we also have safe working conditions. Overall Oldcastle is an A-1 company to work for.
Pros
Understanding Management
Cons
Days are too long and the hours should be from 7:00-4:00.
Great Organization
Director, Healthcare Market Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2017
Oldcastle presented me with an opportunity to help build a specialized integrated business unit called OBS. I was the healthcare SME and Market Leader. It was challenging as I had never been in a market/business development role before. I thoroughly enjoyed the organization, the leadership and the challenges. A great organization which I fully support.
Pros
Team I worked with.
Cons
It was never a dull moment
Administrative/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CANovember 6, 2017
A typical day of work.

Start checking time cards, enter production numbers, send out reports to managers. I learned some Payroll procedures, HR duties.

I enjoyed working with other coworkers.
Set unreal/unattainable production targets
Area EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaNovember 5, 2017
Overall company direction will be challenging in the future. Just went through a major reorganization and laid off a lot of dedicated and long term employees.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
unreal expectations
dirty
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 5, 2017
If you like shoveling mud and like hard this jobs for you. I could do this job at a younger age but seems to much for my body now. Management is good at supervisor lvl but not any where close in foreman
Good company with good benefits
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York StateNovember 1, 2017
I enjoy my job at Oldcastle. We are offered many benefits besides the typical PTO and medical. The company often provides lunch for us, or other perks like tickets to games etc. Culture in the office is pretty relaxed but sometimes management does breath down your neck like they don't trust you. I also feel that my manager is a little under qualified. He doesn't know how to discipline the people in the office, but other managers are good.
Pros
Good benefits, good culture in the office
Cons
some management issues, no flexibility for appointments.
Poor leadership and development of employees
Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 31, 2017
Good corporation. Safety oriented. Good health care.
Needs improvement in developing people and training of new employees.
Overall corporate leadership is good. I would suggest resources be used to train and develop employees who show potential for long term employment.
Large company with different businesses. Some seem to be better than others as it pertains to employee and business development.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Poor management
Contractor at Oldcastle
3D Modeler/Graphic and Visualization Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 25, 2017
I worked with Oldcastle precast as a long term contractor. Overall it was a very positive experience for me, though I was not well associated with the culture or day-to-day workplace. My manager, though was excellent, and I enjoyed working with him.
Pros
very easy to work with
Cons
being an outside contractor, I was always a bit concerned about job security.
Non-productive place, lack of professionalism
Operator (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 16, 2017
The management is rude! If you need to go to the bathroom you have almost to beg! The don't believe in human rights, if you ask for a raise the answer is NO! Even if your evaluations are always 100%..... No overtime, poor salary!
Pros
Cons
Tons!
poor working conditions
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 10, 2017
long hours, poor pay, poor working conditions, limited growth potential, poor management, poor training. poor employee retention practices. leadership is not concerned with their employees well being, only the bottom line. culture of negativity.
Pros
none to note
Cons
too many to list
Great benefits / lack of communication between management and emp.
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 10, 2017
The biggest problem is the lack of communication between management and their employees. In most cases, the employees don't feel secure enough in their positions to bring up problems and possible solutions to their supervisors.
They do have great benefits and their HR is the best.
benefits
Cons
too much work for 8 hr day
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 4, 2017
Good benefits, most of the people are very nice and easy to work with. Hours are variable, management is flexible and usually helpful.
Laid back atmosphere most of the time
Hard Place to Work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 4, 2017
Definitely a hard place to work for the rest of your life. They do pay well but offer no benefits. If you are just starting out then you can working here short term. However, if you have goals and plans for your life I don't recommend working here long term.
Fun place to work
Multi Task (Former Employee) –  Schofield, WIOctober 3, 2017
fun place to work, i would recommend it to anyone looking for a good job that gives you as many hours as you can handle while paying you a reasonable amount of money
The Job
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Shady Dale, GAOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at old castle is fun it is hard work and a good environment. the management team is fair and somewhat lenient. I Would for sure go back.
Pros
Lengthy breaks
Cons
Continuously emphases on Continuously

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oldcastle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9