Oldcastle Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 6, 2016
Definitely a get your hands dirty kinda job I enjoy working there
Don't worry about your hours you will always work its safe and wouldn't mind recommending it to anyone
Pros
a lot of pros
Cons
work Saturday
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHSeptember 5, 2016
Nice place to work, competitive pay and excellent benefits package. Very poor management with little to no room to advance. They very rarely promote from within as stated on all of the corporate material.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
8-5 set schedule, 1hour mandatory lunch
No chance for advancement
Forklift Operator - Front End Loader (Current Employee) –  Sheffield Village, OHSeptember 3, 2016
Worked at this company for 15 years and have had very little chance of advancement. Very dusty environment. No advance notice of changes in hours.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
very little time of family
Better be prepared to live at your job
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  NC/FLAugust 15, 2016
Your life will need to be more about work than about your family. You will be here day in and day out for years on end. The industry doesn't care about your life, it cares about it's earnings. You will be killing yourself to make someone else more money and to make them look good while you get no recognition. People are insecure about their jobs because they're no good at them so they teach others barely anything. No one cares about you and they will chew you up and spit you out. Everyone in this business is a fake friend and everyone is out for themselves. If you choose to work here than you need to keep to yourself.
Years ago the plants were ran by knowledgeable managers and employees. Those days are gone now. The true workers and the people who get stuff done are shunned while the brown nosers are moved up even though their productivity is horrible. I don't care what plant you're in or what state, the whole company is this way now. It's a buddy buddy system. Borderline homosexual to be honest. I've never seen so many grown men act so childish. I've been with Oldcastle for over 12+ years and I've started at the bottom and moved up. I've been in the business for 15 years now. This business is supposed to be for hardworking men but is now a culture of sissies that love to suck up and that love to be unfair as much as possible. If this is you, then you'll move on up since it's not what you know anymore, it's who you blow.
Pros
Stable/great benefits
Cons
Everything else besides the pro's
great work environment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLAugust 8, 2016
overall great company the works not challenging the works not hard it could be done great boss overall the company is great
Pros
great environment with co-workers
Cons
no overtime
working for oldcastle precast
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 5, 2016
World-wide organization in which I had been a part of for almost 18 years. Started as an assistant plant manager and eventually became plant manager. Good company to work for (for the most part). Excellent benefits package.
Horrible management and work environment
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAJuly 31, 2016
Very bad and unhealthy work environment, constantly breathing in concrete dust and chemicals. Very hot and half the time fans do not work. You will have no family life and they expect you there whenever they tell you to be. New management is horrible and they seem to lie to employees now and that has never been the case the 1st 5 years I worked there. The raises are less than the cost of living. Would not waist my time with this company.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Everything about this job
Fast pace.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 26, 2016
I got caught between a lie someone told and management listen and fired me. Other than that there was a lot of overtime available every week some managers you're very good some were horrible. You get a raise every 3 months for the first year then once a year after 2 year's
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Managment horrible
This place has too much favoritism
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 24, 2016
Best job I have ever had, the crew I worked on was amazing after our lead man was demoted and moved to a different department. They later let a guy I work with on my crew go for horrible and undocumented reasons, which occurred shortly after I left. The management at the oldcastle littleton colorado location is full of snakes and backstabbers.
Hard labor work but with good coworkers who make days go by faster
Labor Worker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 23, 2016
Gets tough when there are days that we don't have enough hours because the weather isn't sufficient for us to finish our job. Heavy lifting and great co workers. Small company, so there's never anyone laid off.
great
Loader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
good company to work great benefits good people want more hours this is a good place to work to get hours the bad thing about the jobs is the heat if you can't work the heat do not apply for it
Productive and decent place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAJuly 6, 2016
great people and good management. there is a lot of room for advancement. always kept us busy and learning new things. their top priority is safety!
CNC Operator
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJuly 3, 2016
The CNC Operator is a rewarding position in a blend of mental focus, physical demand and variety of tasks.

It is a satisfying job.
Pros
challenging, variety of functions
Cons
weather conditions
fast paced and potentially dangerous work.
Lead/Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85225June 24, 2016
10 to 13 hr work days on average, but some slow periods. learned about safety on the job site and the importance of working as a team. also producing a quality product safely and efficiently.
co workers were good, some of them were complacent, but over all it was a god crew. hardest part of the job was the heat being that I was working in AZ. most enjoyable part of the job was building a quality product and the pride that came from doing that the right way.
Pros
good hours
Cons
long days can start to wear on you.
Terrible place to work if u enjoy being with ur family
Operator (Former Employee) –  Terrell,TXMay 27, 2016
It's not a career job. Company is disorganized. Management doesn't know half of what takes place out on the floor as will as they play favouritism.
Pros
Co-workers decent benefits
Cons
Deadend job unless u know someone
Fun place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 4, 2016
Very fast pace, I have how to temper glass, how to cut glass and how to fabercate glass. The co-workers are the greatest team I have ever worked with. The hardest part was learning how to do the job. Just able to do my job was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Constant pace.Very friendly enviroment.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 27, 2016
Clock in. Get all the appropriate tools and materials. Then assemble anything that comes down the line. package it up and take it to its assigned destination.
Pros
Fun, interesting work. Friendly enviroment
Cons
have to wear hard hats
Not a place for the long haul
Welder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 6, 2016
If in need of a job just for a 1 or 2 even 3 is ok but don't make it a career. Management sucks the lead man are jerks and treat you like you ain't nothing! They treat the workers like they care but you'll be replaced real quick!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too much
hard work, high risk
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDMarch 16, 2016
NO advancement,no job security. you can get laid off or terminated at any time with no reason :"we don't need many people at this time, today is your last day"
10 hours work a day with no break.
your supervisor will set you up, if you trying to show him you know more than him.
there is no life, no advancement,no real training.
this job is good for someone who is looking for a pay check.
the plant manager will talk about safety every Thursday and make workers sign some form just to cover himself in case someone get an accident on the job .
i don't recommend this company for some one who is looking for a stable life.
Pros
make your pay check
Cons
no job security, they will use you as much as they can.
enjoyed the time of service with the company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middle Tennesse and middle KentuckyMarch 16, 2016
I have been in the business for 25 years. I enjoyed all those I worked with from the company. I also appreciated working with the associates from the various stores I had in my territory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oldcastle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8