Oldcastle

Oldcastle Employee Reviews

Challenging but fun.
Production Worker (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WAJune 13, 2015
Hardest part of the day is waiting for that last 15 min of work to go by so you can go home and prepare for another day. Co-workers are awesome, become like your brothers and sisters. You will learn multiple jobs during you career, how ever long you decide to stay in, it is a lot of fun and very fulfilling.
Great company with unlimmited opportunities
Industrial Operations Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont, TexasJune 12, 2015
Pros: large corporation
Cons: large corporation
OMG is a huge company that has many opportunities to better yourself. Performance is rewarded, and the people are awesome.
good place
full time employee (Current Employee), Napoleon ohJune 5, 2015
Pros: job security benefits
Cons: fast pace physical
Good job work hard and you get rewards. Fast paced demanding job. Safety is a must and promoted from the top down. Respectful and helpful coworkers if you need help someone will come and show you new ways to make your job easier
It's not a friendly enviroment.
Steel Laborer and department lead (Current Employee), Chandler, AZ.June 4, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: NONE
Oldcastle Precast USED to be a company worth working for. Not anymore. Poor management, lack of respect for their employees, poor pay, no hard work rewards, not even a thank you.
Fast paced production invironment.
Plant Forman (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 4, 2015
Wide open all the time! I learned most of my production skills and the operation of Block producing equipment in the first years of employment with no prier experience. I then started participating in maintenance which became second nature as fast as production did. I'd like to thank the Production Manager at that time for recognizing my natural talent and kicking me right in the middle of everything. My twelve years at this company evolved me into a major key player in the Block industry. Very rounded well oiled environment with all the training I wanted from some of the best production/maintenance team members I still to this day have ever seen. The hardest part of this job was the ridiculous amount of hours expected to work which left almost no time for a family. The best part of this job was being able to work hands on with equipment that I was already infatuated with as a teen and becoming very good at many skills needed to advance in the Block Plant industry.
good work place
Press operator (Former Employee), Napoleon, OHMay 12, 2015
Pros: got free lunches
Cons: the benfits
Ran press clean the area used a forklift was able to help other people got lock out tag out ran three presses at once over all the job was great there was some good co workers and others was not bad i enjoyed working there
Oldcastle
Capital Project Manager (Current Employee), TX, CO, ID, AZ, WA, OR, NCMay 8, 2015
Oldcastle Precast has given me great opportunities. I have managed multiple large projects as an owners representative all over the West and Texas. I have had the chance to work with many different cultures in the US with great success. Management has changed multiple times which has proven difficult to gain accomplishment in the job. Looking to not travel as much and be successful and accomplished.
Productive, learn new things and crosstrain
Plumber/Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, good company
Cons: Run out of work often
When they have work, you could be productive. I've learn new things in this company, like cross trained in different departments. Management is alright I guess, they care a lot about safety.
ok
Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Willing to invest
Cons: Poor investigation policy.
with some exceptions, great company to work for. some of the long term employees deserve better opportunities in the advancing field.
Stressful work environment
IT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Short breaks
The work environment wasn't diverse and ethical. Some of the co workers were very helpful with years of work experience. The hardest part about the job were the work hours. The executive level associates lacked ambition and diversity.
A great company to work for and they treat people well.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 26, 2015
The company is great to the employees. The pay and benefits are competitive. The work environment is relaxed but productive.
Enjoyed the work, did not like the lead man
Production Worker (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits, decent pay, good co-workers, good advancement possibilities
Cons: no breaks, bad lead guy
The work was awesome and the guys were great except the lead man. He was a micro-manager that puts everyone down daily instead of giving word of encouragement. Everyone else was great! The plant manager and his right hand guy are awesome too. Couldn't handle the lead man. That was the only reason I left.
Worst management ever
GM (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 16, 2015
CANNOT EFFECTIVLEY MAKE CHANGE BY COMITE ITS THE OLD SCHOOL ATTITUDE OF COVET WORK AND DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO. I COULD NOT STANF THE CEO AND VP OF ENGINEERING.
I liked my job till I needed a day off to move into my new house
Detailer (Former Employee), ontario caMarch 11, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: supervisors
Detailer . my supervisor said yes .so I took the Friday sat and sunday off only to get layed off two days after I returned .Supervisor
has no integrity told plant manager he never said I could have it off. steer clear of Ontario plant
Productive and fun
Superintendent (Former Employee), IowaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benifits, good safety program
Cons: micro managed, suggestions are not welcome on improving operations
Overall Oldcastle is a good company. The thing I'd have to complain about would be upper management. What I've noticed is that upper management likes to micro manage employees in the field. Now, I'm not sure if that's the case throughout the oldcastle network, but at my location that is the case.
Cool intern opportunities
Creative Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 16, 2015
As an intern got to be involved in some fun and educational projects with a variety of artists. Worked with Dream Careers to place interns
lots of hours
Laborer (Former Employee), Easton, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: plenty of hours
Cons: seasonal
i loved this job. would love to get back into precast concrete. lots of overtime, lots of pay, good job. Most weeks were between 60-80 hours of work so not much time for life. Although i know most people wouldnt be able to do this work, i loved it
I was A paper tiger
second shift supervisor (Former Employee), quakertownFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: all the ot you want
Cons: no lunch break saftey rules constanly changeing to suit company needs
as second shift supervisor I had no say in the fireing or useing the manegement to help replace bad employes. constant changes in production runs with no proper training of employes. haveing to make desisions and never getting recognition one way or the other.This place is like christmas ya never know what your gonna get or what equipment is going to break, total dysfunction
DON'T GO THERE
aluminizing line (Former Employee), new paris inJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: insurance
Cons: everything else
Not worth the time or investment. Would of done better working at McDonald's
Same as I said before.
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Great place to work. We have many challenges like everyone else.

1 2 3 4 5

About Oldcastle

Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000 – Read more

Oldcastle Salaries