Oldcastle Employee Reviews

good company that doesn't care
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2017
Oldcastle is such a large company with over 100,000 employees that no one is important. If you don't like the changes or the new pay structure, then it's best to leave.
Would not recommend to anyone
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Tracy CaAugust 17, 2017
Oldcastle at first seemed like the ideal place to work. Worked there 2 months and got hired on. Alot of promises to fix this or that and nothing was done. Safety is there "primary" concern, well shocker, it really is not. Production is always first for them. Going on 5 years with out an accident and always promised to do something but nothing was ever done.
Interesting Job
Independent Sales- Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2017
Interesting job, Now I'm moving on to bigger and better adventures, with hopes of finding a position where my skill set will fit a new corporate environment.
Pros
Great while I was there
Cons
Looking for a New Adventure
Wonderful Company to work for!
Dispatcher/Admin (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 15, 2017
Oldcastle is a great company to work for. There is a lot to learn but when you do, its a breeze. The management and staff are amazing. I especially liked the job because there is always something to do to stay busy!
Pros
Staff and customers
Cons
I can't think of any
Comfortable place to work
Order/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 14, 2017
Comfortable place to work. It has it moments of stress (making the deadline for orders to be entered) but for the most part it's a nice environment. Fellow workers are very helpful and we have moments of having fun during down times which isn't very often because of the demand of getting the orders in for the customers. All in all I would recommend Oldcastle as a nice place to work.
Old castle is a great company to work for.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAAugust 9, 2017
I would've liked to stay with the company but they opened a new plant in Seattle causing Spokane to lose business. Due to the new plant being opened I was laid off
Oldcastle Precast -worst company to work for.
Project Manager/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake RegionAugust 8, 2017
Oldcastle Precast Building Systems use to be a Great Company to work for, till it changed over to Oldcastle Precast and new management took over.

I'v been in the construction industry over 30 years and this was the worst Upper Management I had to deal with. The job it self is not bad, lets face it, If you put BAD MANAGEMENT in any company you will see it going down hill very fast. If your looking for a job do not accept a job with Oldcastle Precast you will regret ever having to work with them.

They will stab you in the back with a smile on their face. They treat their people like morons and have no respect for them. They promise you the world as long as they get what they want, then throw you under the bus and look at you with a blank face as if they never promised you any thing. Don't make any deals with them take my advice this is not a company you want to invest any time with.

They claim to give equal opportunity... They don't even know what that word means.
Pros
Big office, Large Plant, Great parking lot
Cons
Cut throat, Backstabbing, Every mornings getting yelled at in a safety meeting, Constantly being spoke down to.
Ok place
Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 3, 2017
Decentralized organization, so it all depends on the local management. We worked a lot of hours and received little training. High turnover and no accountability made things more stressful.
Pros
401K match, health insurance
Cons
12 hour shifts plus weekends
Wonderful work environment
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2017
Prepare to be challenged, accountable, appreciated and included. An unique work environment with diverse colleagues that truly believe and exhibit teamwork.
Laid off
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2017
Worked for them for 22 years. Laid me off without any warning. Heartbroken Good benefits, 401k but not loyal to their workers. Did not offer very good layoff plan for a loyal employee of 22 years . I am sad
Pros
my career
Cons
being laid off
Cut throat management
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 27, 2017
Fleet manager smiles in your face but if you're not like his yes man then he'll make it miserable for you to work there. You have a driver who professes to be a minister in training but is a snake.
Great Place To Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  GAJuly 26, 2017
Very good place to work if you like making material for gardening. For an hourly employee you get all the hours you need from Oct- June then the next 3 months you work around 45 a week.
Good paying job, great benefits
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHJuly 25, 2017
Good paying job, great benefits. Great coworkers, and a family like atmosphere. Downsizing in July 2017, I am looking for new work. Not much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Work outside in elements
Fast paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 16, 2017
Oldcastle is a good place to work, like all jobs it has its challenges. Oldcastle for a hard working individual that may not have a degree or a lot of experience will have an opportunity to grow.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
fast paced
Was good when I started
Shipping and recieving (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, INJuly 13, 2017
Things were great when I started here. I was informed about all kinds of advancements. Things just started going not the way I had planned, from wages to being hired in when I was supposed to be
Decent Company
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2017
Decent work life balance, minimal advancement opps. Day to day tasks are fairly straight forward... dealing with big box retailers such as Lowes and Home Depot
Not a good place to work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 9, 2017
12 hour shifts only a 30 min break .................................................. poor management and lots of favoritism showed no respect for their employees
Cons
Great company and people to work for and with.
Commercial Estimator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAJuly 8, 2017
I have never worked at a company that was this wonderful. The management are fair and have open door policy. The work is explained and questions are permitted and wanted so we all do our best. Supportive environment. Best job ever.

Coworkers are kind and compassionate.
Great place to work!
Asst. Plant Mgr. / Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 8, 2017
At Oldcastle, there was always room for advancement and tons of training...I would go back if the circumstances were right...The management do appreciate the EE's ..therefore you have quite a few EE's stay and prosper ..Great Place to work!!!
Great place to work!
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHJuly 7, 2017
Safety is a key pillar of this company's success. All meetings begin with safety. When there is an incident, there is mass communication and an opportunity to learn from each other.
Pros
Very safety conscious
Cons
Pay is on the lower side

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oldcastle. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9