Oldcastle

Oldcastle Employee Reviews

good work place
Press operator (Former Employee), Napoleon, OHMay 12, 2015
Pros: got free lunches
Cons: the benfits
Ran press clean the area used a forklift was able to help other people got lock out tag out ran three presses at once over all the job was great there was some good co workers and others was not bad i enjoyed working there
Oldcastle
Capital Project Manager (Current Employee), TX, CO, ID, AZ, WA, OR, NCMay 8, 2015
Oldcastle Precast has given me great opportunities. I have managed multiple large projects as an owners representative all over the West and Texas. I have had the chance to work with many different cultures in the US with great success. Management has changed multiple times which has proven difficult to gain accomplishment in the job. Looking to not travel as much and be successful and accomplished.
Productive, learn new things and crosstrain
Plumber/Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, good company
Cons: Run out of work often
When they have work, you could be productive. I've learn new things in this company, like cross trained in different departments. Management is alright I guess, they care a lot about safety.
ok
Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 15, 2015
Pros: Willing to invest
Cons: Poor investigation policy.
with some exceptions, great company to work for. some of the long term employees deserve better opportunities in the advancing field.
Stressful work environment
IT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Short breaks
The work environment wasn't diverse and ethical. Some of the co workers were very helpful with years of work experience. The hardest part about the job were the work hours. The executive level associates lacked ambition and diversity.
A great company to work for and they treat people well.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 26, 2015
The company is great to the employees. The pay and benefits are competitive. The work environment is relaxed but productive.
Enjoyed the work, did not like the lead man
Production Worker (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits, decent pay, good co-workers, good advancement possibilities
Cons: no breaks, bad lead guy
The work was awesome and the guys were great except the lead man. He was a micro-manager that puts everyone down daily instead of giving word of encouragement. Everyone else was great! The plant manager and his right hand guy are awesome too. Couldn't handle the lead man. That was the only reason I left.
Worst management ever
GM (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 16, 2015
CANNOT EFFECTIVLEY MAKE CHANGE BY COMITE ITS THE OLD SCHOOL ATTITUDE OF COVET WORK AND DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO. I COULD NOT STANF THE CEO AND VP OF ENGINEERING.
I liked my job till I needed a day off to move into my new house
Detailer (Former Employee), ontario caMarch 11, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: supervisors
Detailer . my supervisor said yes .so I took the Friday sat and sunday off only to get layed off two days after I returned .Supervisor
has no integrity told plant manager he never said I could have it off. steer clear of Ontario plant
Productive and fun
Superintendent (Former Employee), IowaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benifits, good safety program
Cons: micro managed, suggestions are not welcome on improving operations
Overall Oldcastle is a good company. The thing I'd have to complain about would be upper management. What I've noticed is that upper management likes to micro manage employees in the field. Now, I'm not sure if that's the case throughout the oldcastle network, but at my location that is the case.
Cool intern opportunities
Creative Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 16, 2015
As an intern got to be involved in some fun and educational projects with a variety of artists. Worked with Dream Careers to place interns
lots of hours
Laborer (Former Employee), Easton, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: plenty of hours
Cons: seasonal
i loved this job. would love to get back into precast concrete. lots of overtime, lots of pay, good job. Most weeks were between 60-80 hours of work so not much time for life. Although i know most people wouldnt be able to do this work, i loved it
I was A paper tiger
second shift supervisor (Former Employee), quakertownFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: all the ot you want
Cons: no lunch break saftey rules constanly changeing to suit company needs
as second shift supervisor I had no say in the fireing or useing the manegement to help replace bad employes. constant changes in production runs with no proper training of employes. haveing to make desisions and never getting recognition one way or the other.This place is like christmas ya never know what your gonna get or what equipment is going to break, total dysfunction
DON'T GO THERE
aluminizing line (Former Employee), new paris inJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: insurance
Cons: everything else
Not worth the time or investment. Would of done better working at McDonald's
Same as I said before.
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Great place to work. We have many challenges like everyone else.
Just Awful
Production worker (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 20, 2014
Cons: everything
It would be a Horrible choice to make! No Breaks, outhouse for bathroom. You will regret Everyday you clock in, do yourself a favor and stay as far away from this place as you can. You have been Warned!
Productive and demanding work place.
Customer Relations (Current Employee), Gainesville, VADecember 14, 2014
I enjoy what I do. Helping people makes me happy and I continue to look for new ways each day to develop and improve their experiences. Management at my office could be handled differently, but we work with it.
Great benefits were given but overall the work conditions were not the best. Pessimistic coworkers, poor management.
Laborer Full Time (Former Employee), Telford, PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, comfortable uniforms
Cons: management, training, long hours too little pay
You would clock in anywhere between 4 and 8 in the morning with no guarantee of when you would leave. Learning the ins and outs of the company was something you had to pick up for yourself as the training and management of daily functions was minimal at best. unrealistic demands were place on how quickly specific tasks were finished and punishment was met out when you could not perform in these guidelines. however no matter how hard you tried to do the job no management would ever comment on how much the saw you trying only that you had failed. Training was minimal at best and constant risk of getting limbs cut up daily on re-bar and mesh cages.
A new experience
Maintenance manager (Current Employee), Cape Coral, FLNovember 14, 2014
It has been an interesting experience working in this environment.
Your not a maint. mech. in here.
Maintenance Mech. (Former Employee), Jacksonville Fl.November 11, 2014
Pros: all the hours you want..
Cons: everything else
Dirty, don't follow state laws, no breaks, nothing doesn't gets maintained. Not set up for work to be performed. Hit their numbers,, you get a reward of a HOT DOG COOKOUT...<---- now think about what I just said before you apply...

1 2 3 4 5

About Oldcastle

Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000 – Read more

Oldcastle Salaries