Oldcastle

Oldcastle Employer Reviews

Construction
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAApril 8, 2014
• Maintained profitable relationships with established key accounts.
• Completed take-offs of project plans, assist with delivery schedules.
• Initiated cold calls to generate additional revenue.
Fun workplace people there was respectful
Press operator (Former Employee), Napoleon, OHApril 7, 2014
Pros: boss brought in stuff for the workers
Cons: running three press at once
A typical day at work go in run a press for 12b hours. The best part of my job was talking to my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was when i first got in and learning the factory.
a great place to work
fabricator (Former Employee), Stone Mtn, GAApril 7, 2014
oldcastle was a place that i really enjoyed coming to everyday, the employees were some of my best friends and even management were great. There was hardly a bad day.
This place sucks!!!
Spacer bender (Former Employee), Covington, GAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: everything else
This is not a place for a woman. The hours are terrible. The point system sucks. Management is horrible. Hr is a joke.
Good pay and benefits
Truck driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UtahMarch 22, 2014
Pros: benifits good
Cons: lots of favoritism to ones they like
Great place too work if your one of the favorites they show slot of favoritism too the employees they like they get the hour but if your not you just get your 40 hours if your lucky.
productive and fun
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dalton GaMarch 15, 2014
Pros: local
great place to work for. great benefits,good pay,good people
NOT AN ORGANIZED COMPANY AT ALL.
Templator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2014
They seem great when you first get hired.THEN YOU FIND OUT NOONE THERE ACTUALLY GIVES A F**K ABOUT DOING THEIR JOB. Fired for no reason other than the manager could not do her job. After I was fired by her, she was fired & then over a year later I was re-hired but the new manager never followed through on getting the truck or tools together to get me – more... started....I waited and was lead on for weeks. They are not professional at all. – less
Supervision's have a ego problem. No way to run a business..
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Old Castle Building Envelope Wright City MoMarch 8, 2014
I Unintentionally bruised the supervisor's ego. As a result I was given a bad review. It was down hill from there. I was let go a month later.
Great Overtime
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 31, 2014
Great people to work with. A lot of overtime. Nothing more to say. Easy work. Easy machines to learn how to run.
You'll either love it or hate it
IT Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Old school culture. Not much Diversity. Federation of companies with decentralized operating procedures.
terrible, terrible, terrible
Production manager then night shift foreman (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZ then North Salt Lake, UTJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: decent pay, but the company owned you and you were at their beckon call
Cons: everything else especially the co-workers
Very poorly managed. Very unsafe work environment, unless there is a need for more product then no safety at all. I would get called on Saturday morning and would be told we are having a meeting in Tucson and I needed to be there, I was on vacation and out of state, didn't matter I had to come back early...lol no! Young Block Co. in Arizona was very, – more... very poor. Everyone was cut throat to get advanced higher. So I transferred to Amcor Masonry Products in North Salt lake, Ut. This plant was an absolute joke. No maintenance and always breaking down, then get yelled at because production goal wasn't met. Day time machine operator constantly sabotaged equipment. Gave up a 5 year career with oldcastle APG and found another job. – less
temp
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Jessup, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
temp assgn. work was slow at times, didnt have equip. to do the jobs
management didnt communicate well with emplooyees
Job waiting for another job
Concrete Precaster (Current Employee), pleasantonJanuary 16, 2014
They want 500 percent but will pay 5. If your not in with the clique either your ousted. Some are good hard working people others will watch you drown before helping.
What a JOKE!!!!!
not important (Former Employee), IowaJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: none that i can see.
Cons: no raises for years, layoffs every winter
Management gets all the bonuses and office people treated like second rate citizens.
It's a job
production manager (Former Employee), Louisburg, NCJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: employment
Cons: hours, no time off for a year
Good thing is if you are unemployed, you can have a job. Leaves no time for family life or personal for that fact. Long hours and management is not the greatest. No sense of team. More or less lets get this done and make ME look good.
Horrible managment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great benifits and pay
Cons: disastrous managment
A very good well put together company. i just was not there at the best time...
Good Company to work for
Fleet Manger/ Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston ,TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: company benefits
Cons: no promotions from within the company
Good Company wide variety of assignments. normal work day is about 9 hours i was directly involved with the drivers and the sales team to insure customer service. I had excellent co -workers hardest part was the travel to and from the job.
Productive and great place to work
Quality Director (Current Employee), Bonner Springs, KsJanuary 7, 2014
Management is excellent and easy to work with to complete projects
Great company to work for
Current Position
Senior Delivery Services Support Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2013
Pros: meeting and working with people, really make their lives better through technology and assistance.
Cons: a large amount of travel is required, up to 75%
I would to support users in the software that I train them on. I am either traveling onsite to help train new users or have meetings with presidents and managers to determine best processes and changes to enhance their business and save money through transportation management strategies.

I enjoy working with a large group of users who have different – more... roles, I see and experience so many areas of business, it truly maks me the ultimate cross-trained employee. – less
Good job environment
Assembler / Painter (Former Employee), Littleton, MANovember 25, 2013
Demanding company but fair as long as you follow all rules and attain your goals.
Advancement based on job performance
Good products

1 2 3

About Oldcastle

Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000 – Read more