Oldcastle

Oldcastle Employer Reviews

It's a job
production manager (Former Employee), Louisburg, NCJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: employment
Cons: hours, no time off for a year
Good thing is if you are unemployed, you can have a job. Leaves no time for family life or personal for that fact. Long hours and management is not the greatest. No sense of team. More or less lets get this done and make ME look good.
Good Company to work for
Fleet Manger/ Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston ,TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: company benefits
Cons: no promotions from within the company
Good Company wide variety of assignments. normal work day is about 9 hours i was directly involved with the drivers and the sales team to insure customer service. I had excellent co -workers hardest part was the travel to and from the job.
Productive and great place to work
Quality Director (Current Employee), Bonner Springs, KsJanuary 7, 2014
Management is excellent and easy to work with to complete projects
Great company to work for
Current Position
Senior Delivery Services Support Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2013
Pros: meeting and working with people, really make their lives better through technology and assistance.
Cons: a large amount of travel is required, up to 75%
I would to support users in the software that I train them on. I am either traveling onsite to help train new users or have meetings with presidents and managers to determine best processes and changes to enhance their business and save money through transportation management strategies.

I enjoy working with a large group of users who have different – more... roles, I see and experience so many areas of business, it truly maks me the ultimate cross-trained employee. – less
Good job environment
Assembler / Painter (Former Employee), Littleton, MANovember 25, 2013
Demanding company but fair as long as you follow all rules and attain your goals.
Advancement based on job performance
Good products
National sales
Sales (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 21, 2013
Company worked on storefront fabrication with extrusions and finishes.
Comfortable Joy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Walterboro, SCOctober 19, 2013
Pros: i was able to have my own office.
Cons: there was a layoff
Daily there was a schedule of what documented production and budgeting to be turned in to home office. Analyzed budgetary requirements: needed cost reductions, documenting procedures.
Coordination of inbound/outbound calls, maintaining internal business units. Complete responsibility for caseload of thirty or more clients. Acted as personnel, preformed – more... human resource requirements. Expedited operations for prompt delivery to clients. – less
CAD Department
CAD technician (Former Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great engineering department
Cons: bad gm
The engineering/CAD team are great to work with. The GM does not know how to foster a safe work place environment.
No a Fun Place to work
Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee), Lampasas, TexasAugust 29, 2013
Pros: you would have bbq when they are going to have a layoff
Cons: medical is ok. no breaks, no lunch you have eat while you are driving.. no raises.
Management is real Bad. They Do Not know what Is Going On in the Company. APAC - Wheeler. Bad Management , I would Not work for this Company. I'm a Haul Truck Driver sometimes you work 40 hours, sometime you Don't they send you home with out Pay. When there is no work
Hello, this job was not and fun place it was just money.
Operator (Former Employee), Terrell, TXAugust 20, 2013
Pros: the money and benefits
Cons: the people because it does not have and friendly enviroment.
The job required a lot of patient with employees because they were very immature. The money was good but the benefits was not that bad. Overall I believe you would most certainly should check it out if you desire.
Safe work place
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLAugust 20, 2013
I deliver paver stones to box stores and home inprovement stores as well.
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2013
This really is a great place to work. You work hard, but you have a great group of people around to help you and management that is willing to work with you when you need help.
Stagnant
Assistant Project Manager/Superintendent (Current Employee), Telford, PAAugust 7, 2013
A "typical" day of work is not the correct adjective to describe a day at Oldcastle.
A growing organization
Credit Collections Analyst, Oldcastle APG (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2013
The company's numerous acquisitions make working there anything but dull.
Rewarding working environment.
Truck Loader (Current Employee), Shawnee, OKJuly 11, 2013
On a normal day we go in, review the paperwork, plan what to do then work hard to get it done on time.
In the year that I've been working at OldCastle I've learned a better work ethic for myself. That's the main point. I try to be a valuable asset to the company as much as possible. As for skills that I could use else where, I can drive a yard dog, – more... and back in trailers into bays, and I can work under pressure.
The management, or "the wigs" as we call them are very good at what they do. As for the floor supervisors, they are the supervisors for a reason. They are great at their jobs.
Just like any other job, we have quarrels. Some aren't that important and some are. Although, even though we get into arguments sometimes, we are still able to get our job done right and work as a team.
The hardest part of the job would probably be the time limits. We go into work at 7pm and 2 days out of the week, we have a truck that has to be out the door by midnight. This truck is usually close to 400 pieces which is sometimes half of our entire night. It's stressful sometimes, but like I said, it's rewarding when we do our jobs well.
The part of the job that I like the most is that it doesn't feel like a job. Everyone who works on the floor are friends with each other and we always find a way to make ourselves, or each other, laugh. It's a fun job. – less
Allowed to do your job without a lot of hassle.
Production/Quality Assurance/Safety Director (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 31, 2013
Pros: well taken care of
Cons: concrete is hard on the skin
Good place to work! I would still be with Oldcastle if local plant was not shutdown. Work days are long, but management looked out for us.
Nice place to work
Anchor Concrete (Former Employee), Manasquan, NJMay 20, 2013
Nice place to work. Supervisor was fair. Something interesting always going on.
production of building systems
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Morrisville, PAMay 1, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: clousure of plants
pleasant working conditions throughout the plant as well as the whole company
heartfelt departure
Transportation Mgr then to Transportation Asst (Former Employee), Platteville, CO then Littleton, COApril 17, 2013
Pros: customer relationships
Cons: at times management decisions
great people and customers to work with
never bored but fast moving
loved the variety of customers from individuals to city personnel
loved the challenges of delivery of various concrete products to various parts of the country
Company is a nightmare to work for
Sales (Former Employee), ClevelandMarch 15, 2013
Pros: health insurance and 401k
Cons: everything..too many to list
If anyone is considering a job with this company. Don't be fooled....management is a joke. They have no clue of employee relations. If your a woman the place is a glass ceiling. They treat their employees like second class citizens. Its a very dysfunctional and negative environment. Management has no integrity and all the employees are unhappy and stressed – more... out. Everyone is constantly covering their backs by communicating mostly in emails. A coworker sitting right next to you won't communicate anything verbally only through emails.. Email count is horrendous, its a whole another job in itself to manage emails. Their software operating systems are completely broken, management and higher up corporate officials won't address it. Senior management is out of touch with the day to operations. They never correct problems but instead just put band aids on them which in turn makes things worse. It appeared management are in over their heads and operate in a reactive manner than proactive manner.
Unless you want to feel miserable everyday and end up on medication to cope with the high stress level then don't work here. They will use you and abuse you till your completely burnout. There is absolutely nothing positive to say about the company. – less

About Oldcastle

Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000 – Read more

Oldcastle Photos