Olean General Hospital Employee Reviews

Ok Place to work
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYMay 5, 2017
I only worked at Olean General as an Aid for a few months but I did not enjoy it much. The hospital is very understaffed and the staff available are overworked and underpaid. Although the benefits help to make up for it.
Good Place to work but not much room to grow
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYApril 28, 2017
Hard to move up within the company. I found it difficult to acquire training for needed skills and to get opportunities to grow within the organization
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Management is focused on appearance more than value for the services they provide
Not great
Nutrition Attendant (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYApril 12, 2017
I started out with a great attitude and some people were friendly and as the days went on it got worse and worse and worse. The management was rude and emotions were different everyday and every hour. then someone who came back after leave when she was gone when i started treated me horrible. I would absolutely never ever recommend a job at the hospital at last not in the cafe food industry. Also they had me working full time hours and part time employee so i couldn't afford the benefits. absolutely ridiculous and i wasn't the only employee it was happening to.
Co workers easy to get along with
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYApril 12, 2017
the people I work with are great management not so much. If your kids are sick they advise you to have some one else care for them even though you are mom. If a family member passes they don't allow you to take time off and I missed my own grandmas funeral due to them not allowing me to go.
Great
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Salamanca, NYApril 8, 2017
Great Place to work with great people. Good management and hard working and focused staff. They treat their employees with respect and appreciation. Love it here.
lovely place to work
Food Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Great work place to work. Pay was fair and the people where friendly. You could move up with hard work.I would work there again. You have be prepaired to work holiday nights and weekends.
great benefits but....
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Benefits are pretty good but every department is under staffed, under budget and you are always doing your job plus more. Can be very stressful.
Okay
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYFebruary 11, 2017
I enjoy my job on a day to day basis, I schedule patients for testing at olean general. The management team at OGH is one of the hardest parts of working for the company.
Horrible
RN (Former Employee) –  Staff NurseFebruary 8, 2017
I worked there for years as an RN. We were told to learn to do more with less while management was making 900K. Staffing levels were minimal most of the time with a fair amount of the time unsafe and management did not care. Many time I felt like my license along with my co workers was on the line because of dangerous staffing levels. They count on the fact that new GNs are graduating every year. They hire all they can and maybe one or two are still there after 6 months. I would not recommend for seasoned or new nurses.
Pros
close to home
Cons
managment, dangerouse staffing levels, and wage and benefits
Great Place to work, much room for advancement
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Loved my Job. Family oriented, great management and really enjoyed working with the public and my co-workers Had wonderful benefits employees were caring many employee based programs
fun
Occupational Therapy Intern (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 3, 2017
I was an intern it was fun and I learned a lot of things. I got an hands on experience in my field of study. The food was good. The patients were friendly, and my co- workers were friendly. I did not have an benefits and I did not get paid since I was an intern
no patient interaction
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 29, 2016
- fast pace
- learned a lot about my job
ceu's , keeping up with new vents, talking with all departments for better care, keeping up with all new treatments
- management doesn't really now what we do and expect to much
- co-workers were really great to the most psrt
-not being able to spend time with patient you need to treat body, mind, and soul. You can't do that in 3 min.
- Being able to make a difference
enjoyed working their
Valet (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 22, 2016
you work and 8 hour day parking vehicles putting safety first priority.
you learn respect for all you are in contack with,hardest part of job is winter and the weather.most enjoyable part of job is the exericise and working out in fresh air.
Pros
2, 10minute breaks
Cons
being out in fresh air
Horrible managment but good co workers
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYAugust 29, 2016
My manager literally told us that we should be robots and that we weren't aloud to make mistakes. But the coworkers are amazing. Management only cares about themselves. They do not look at you as a friend. You are just another employee to them. No personal relationship. Its sad.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
You'll probably get pulled early from your lunch.
Good Benefits, pay is less than desirable
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJune 2, 2016
Hospital offers good benefits to employees, but they do not offer any raises even though reviews are done on an annual basis, so there is nothing to work towards unless one is looking to move to a different position within the hospital.
Productive Place to Work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYMay 6, 2016
Great!
Was always being taught new things.
Co-Workers and Managers are great and helpful.
Third Shift isn't for everyone.
Loved learning new things.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Third Shift
Tragic working environment.
Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYApril 23, 2016
The recruiting process is phenomenal. Unfortunately the committee is disconnected from the reality of whichever department you will be working with. Several things were promised in the recruitment process yet after only 2 weeks on the job I realized none of it would be realized. The promises were empty just to get you excited to sign the contract.
Management is entirely about "systems" and the numbers. Employees are actually timed at their jobs then told to work faster without appearing rushed. No positive feedback is ever given except to favorites. Being the new person you will be the interloper. Absolutely no training is provided - you're just thrown in the deep end. Even if you can swim you soon realize there are sharks in the water. The absolute worst experience I have ever had. I have never been so poorly treated in my life. Don't apply!! Run!!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Great people and friendly service.
Hostess/ Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 12, 2015
Great team work and friendly people. Fasted paced and enjoyed the challenge. Management was always helpful and they kept us up to date and well informed.
Co-Workers
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 9, 2015
My co-workers and I got along very well. We worked together and enjoyed our time. Most of the time it didn't even feel like work. I lived there for most of the time. I worked all hours and pulled double and triple shift hours. I would go days with only being home for about 30-45 minutes long. I loved this job.
Pros
Cafeteria, Coffee kiosk, free parking
Cons
Heathcare benefits didn't meet my needs
Great Working Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 22, 2015
Assisted with patient care and general staff. Worked with patients during therapy and provided additional help when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olean General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Olean General Hospital Reviews by Location