Olga's Kitchen Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Was like working with family.
Certified Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILNovember 6, 2017
I worked at this restaurant for fifteen years , Everyone that worked there was a long time employee. We were like family. It was a sad day when they closed the doors.
Pros
Money was e3xcellent
Cons
No cons
Horrible experience
Hostess and To-Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 5, 2017
Working at Olga's at this location was the worst. Management was so poor, long hours, not enough pay, and disrespectfulness from all employees and supervisors.
Great work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 28, 2017
A good starter job for teenagers! Fast paced, family restaurant. Great energy. Can be stressful when busy. Alright manager team. Need more employees..
Fun, quick-paced workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  East Grand Rapids, MISeptember 26, 2017
Very fast-paced job, as well as being very consistent work. Same work everyday depending on the job, and the money is decent. Cooks get paid well after being there for a while, and servers make decent money as well
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Short Breaks
Average Serving Job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 12, 2017
This job was pretty average for a part time waitress job. Bills weren't too high so tips were pretty low. Managers are great and friendly, a comfortable place to work.
A great learning and social environment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 12, 2017
A Typical work day at Olgas always begin slow paced. At about lunch and dinner hours the pace pick up. I really enjoyed learning to carry multiple trays at one time. I also enjoyed the environment it was definitely it was family oriented.
productive and fun workplace with all the snackers you can eat
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 25, 2017
Olgas is a great place to work! There is plenty of room to advance in the company too. The only down fall is that I don't have any time to spend with family :(
Horrible management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 24, 2017
The managers are horrible. They are really understaffed. Customers are very rude and not understanding. The places smells really bad to be a restaurant. Horrible place to work
This review is strictly a matter of perspective
Kitchen Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 16, 2017
While here I went from being a line cook and being demoted to kitchen specialist due to a lack of seniority when the old kitchen specialist quit. This company has two shifts for said position, I worked both for three months before I could not take it any longer. In the meantime I consistently requested that management provide me with another employee to train for the other shift and was ignored time and time again. Overall, the wait staff, cooks, and customers, were nice.
review
Waitress (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIJuly 12, 2017
This job is okay. I worked there when I first became a waitress so I wasn't really good. It was very overwhelming and they have you do so many things such as making some of your own food, drinks, etc.
Very energy filled work place
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MI 48044June 16, 2017
While working at Olga's as a host I would seat customers at the necessary dining area as well as serve customers with with there appetizer dishes. This jobs was very offering to help me plan work around my school schedule.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
Strict Management
Fast paced and productive work enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIApril 29, 2017
Working for the company was very insightful. I had learned a ton while I was there. I learned to have more patience, and I was engulfed in an atmosphere of diversity, my time management improved and I learned to take on a fast paced work routine. he hardest part of this job was maneuvering around the other employees in the kitchen, and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with employees of different ethnic groups and learning a lot about the many different cultures as well as creating relationships with the reoccurring customers.
Guess Server (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMarch 26, 2017
Fast paste work site. Everything mustbbe done in a timely manner to keep things afloat around the restaurant. The customers are amazing and very dedicated to the restaurant. The staff is very welcoming. The facility is well maintained .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks
Host/Server
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 21, 2017
At day at Olga's, I would be seating people and/or serving tables. The management was very laid back, as long as work was getting done then they didn't over stress about things that were going on in the back. The hardest part about working there was ending your shift, because your already exhausted from walking and then to end your shift: you have to stock and fold silverware. The part that was most enjoyable was serving tables full of people you didn't know because it's fun to meet new people.
this place had nice food. but the work environment was terrible
OTG SPECIALIST/HOST (Former Employee) –  St. Clair Shores, MIFebruary 6, 2017
the place was overall terrible. I honestly hated the job but I did everything to make the most out of it. The managers were rude, they made us work like slaves. one manager was actually sexually harassing people and verbally abusing them
Pros
sometimes we could leave early if it was slow
Cons
the managers treated you like trash
Fun and the people are great
Server (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 22, 2017
I love it here so much fun and the staff is great and so helpful. I have been working here now for a week and I wouldn't go anywhere else! The customers are very understanding and patience with me. And I couldn't ask for better managers.
Pros
great staff, flexible hours
Cons
not a lot of cash tips
I didn't like working with them.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I would not prefer working with this franchise it's not reliable at all your hours will go up and down each week and if you have responsibilities that would not be a good place for satisfaction
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Two fifteen minute breaks and a half an hour lunchbreak
Productive and a good place to work.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIDecember 29, 2016
This is a very fast and hands on restaurant. If you have a hands off approach with management style this may not be your cup of tea.
Pros
Free lunch, out by 10:30pm when closing.
Cons
Home life
Overall a fast paced enviroment. Very challenging and rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 16, 2016
This was a great learning experience. Great responsibilities included with the job. Extremely busy during the holiday season due to location being in a mall.
typical server job
Server/Hostess/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 14, 2016
closed over night dont work here typical serving job fast pace not the greatest company to work with stay away! get a lot of angry soccer moms as customers