Olga's Kitchen Employee Reviews

Host/Server
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 21, 2017
At day at Olga's, I would be seating people and/or serving tables. The management was very laid back, as long as work was getting done then they didn't over stress about things that were going on in the back. The hardest part about working there was ending your shift, because your already exhausted from walking and then to end your shift: you have to stock and fold silverware. The part that was most enjoyable was serving tables full of people you didn't know because it's fun to meet new people.
this place had nice food. but the work environment was terrible
OTG SPECIALIST/HOST (Former Employee) –  St. Clair Shores, MIFebruary 6, 2017
the place was overall terrible. I honestly hated the job but I did everything to make the most out of it. The managers were rude, they made us work like slaves. one manager was actually sexually harassing people and verbally abusing them
Pros
sometimes we could leave early if it was slow
Cons
the managers treated you like trash
Fun and the people are great
Server (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 22, 2017
I love it here so much fun and the staff is great and so helpful. I have been working here now for a week and I wouldn't go anywhere else! The customers are very understanding and patience with me. And I couldn't ask for better managers.
Pros
great staff, flexible hours
Cons
not a lot of cash tips
I didn't like working with them.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I would not prefer working with this franchise it's not reliable at all your hours will go up and down each week and if you have responsibilities that would not be a good place for satisfaction
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Two fifteen minute breaks and a half an hour lunchbreak
Busy and positive workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 30, 2016
I have worked at Olga's Kitchen for the past year. I was in charge of taking care of day-to-day hostess responsibilities such as managing carry out orders, seating customers, and training 3 other hosts. I was in a very enjoyable environment that was consistently busy, where there was always work to be done. The hardest part of the job was doing the most I could to please customers. On our busy days, customers get very impatient and I would help bus tables for the servers in order to be able to seat them faster. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the customers and other workers.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers and food
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Busy
Waitress/Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 17, 2016
I worked as a waitress, I did not make enough money to support myself in this position with this company. I stayed as long as I did just to make extra money because I gained another employer.
Pros
customers were great
Cons
not enough money
Overall a fast paced enviroment. Very challenging and rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 16, 2016
This was a great learning experience. Great responsibilities included with the job. Extremely busy during the holiday season due to location being in a mall.
Dependable and Flexible job
Server (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 17, 2016
Not a bad place to start making some income if you're a student in high school or college. However, not much room for advancement and server pay can be inconsistent as cliental change. Would recommend to others.
typical server job
Server/Hostess/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 14, 2016
closed over night dont work here typical serving job fast pace not the greatest company to work with stay away! get a lot of angry soccer moms as customers
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 29, 2016
Working here at a young age I learned a lot. My mangers and co-workers were very helpful and very friendly. They were very flexible with my hours for school. I enjoyed my experience here.

Want to know more about Olga's Kitchen?

Ask a question
Very fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 27, 2016
I have really enjoyed working for this company. It has taught me a lot, and I can't wait to use these skills I have learned in my future workplace
New Management created many problems
Server (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIApril 20, 2016
New management at Olga's was not flexible with workers shifts or understanding that many of the workers were students. There were many cleaning jobs assigned, for example, cleaning the dining room grout with a knife guests eat with after it is washed. Management should have bought grout cleaner to spray on the floor. The kitchen area is very dirty and unsanitary and many of the employees have bad work ethics. They do not want to work and are very lazy.
A fast paced place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 10, 2016
A fast paced work environment for those that enjoy a go, go, go atmosphere.
The management is very understanding, and will help anyone out at ant time.
Co-workers jump in to assist in whatever another co-work needs.
The hardest part of the job is getting used to the table numbers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patrons.
Cooking is was enjoyable
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 3, 2016
Working at Olgas was a good place to start to develop the cooking skills I already posessed. Working in a fast paced environment kept me busy and productive. The coworkers I had there were like family, and everyone was interested in being productive and having fun doing it.
Pros
Free lunches, coworkers, flexible schedule
Benefits
Busy and friendly workplace
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 19, 2016
Great environment, Great coworkers, and Great guest!

I with a great time, everyone are welcoming. I have even met my bosses boss and he's a wonderful open person. The guests that you get to know that comes regularly or even the ones that don't come regularly are friendly as well. I have met wonderful people from the guest to my colleague.
Pros
interacting with guest
Cons
schedules could increase or decrease based on hours
local company with lots of issues
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIJune 5, 2016
good place to work if you are local to Detroit. If not a butt kisser or no someone no room for advancement. hardest part of job is they change rules to whom they fit to cover.
True Love of the Brand
General Manager (Lansing Mall Location (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 7, 2016
I hate to leave this company but my location closed and I had to move on.
One of the best companies to work for not only for quality of life but just your peers.
Pros
everything about the company
Cons
My location Closing
Student Job
Server (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 4, 2016
Work days do not typically last long. Tips are good during the school year, but business is slow in the summer when students are gone. Co-workers are easy to get along with and managers are laid back for the most part.
people friendly restaruant
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 8, 2016
Great job as a first job. I enjoyed working here I just wish they recognized great employees a little more. I've made some amazing relationships with people throughout the company and gained lifelong friends.
Horrible
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 17, 2016
Management has no leadership skills. They choose favorites there. They won't offer you $10+ an hour . Just unorganized.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olga's Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7