Olin Employee Reviews

great environment and great pay
Center Fire Charger / Operator (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILJune 9, 2017
You have to really want to work to be here it's not a hard job but your co workers want you to pull your weight which is not a bad thing at all it was swing shift which was the only part I didn't really enjoy but other than that a great place to work at and the pay was really good for the area
Productive and creative place to work
Landscape designer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2017
Challenged, fun, great people, cool projects, fun graphics, cool design, awesome! Long hours but definitely worth it if you enjoyed what you do which i
Great Company
Production Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAMarch 18, 2017
Olin is a great company to work for. They are small enough to care, but large enough to compete across the globe. I would recommend to anyone looking for a company to grow with.
Be afraid very afraid!
Operator (Current Employee) –  Anywhere but thereFebruary 9, 2017
12 hour shifts suck, to much overtime suck, forced on your day's off suck and management sucks major! If I knew then what I know now I would have ran for the hills!
Pros
Pay that's it!
Cons
Everything!
Enjoy seeing my co-workers everyday.
Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILSeptember 27, 2016
Enjoyed seeing my co-workers everyday. I enjoyed doing my job until I was being told they were moving and I could go in any day and lose my job was scary.
Overall decent work environment, but could use some tweaking
Systems Developer III (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 19, 2016
Decent work environment. Benefits overall fairly decent, and pay is excellent. Not a sweatshop environment, fortunately, although long hours can be put in when needed. I think they could greatly improve their opportunities for the advancement of women into management and higher positions, especially in the IT Department and a few other departments. The latter has been under a very "traditional" management philosophy for a very long time, and could use some shaking up a little. This would also include more opportunities for flexible work hours and telecommuting when feasible.

Overall friendly atmosphere.
Pros
good pay, decent benefits, stable work culture
Cons
lack of opportunity for women, inflexible approach to work hours and telecommuting
Production Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time while working here. Everyone worked together and was easy to get along with. I am glad I had the opportunity to be a part of their team. I would have accepted a full time position if I was offered one.
It was a 8 to 16 hr a day job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILJuly 18, 2016
Most of Co workers were good people you could be in clock out line and they would tell you ,you have to stay for another 8 hr if you refused it was 10 days off no pay weekends for the most part didn't happen for the floor people overtime was massive
Worst managed place
Adjustor 1 (Current Employee) –  East Alton, ILJune 25, 2016
I have never seen a worse managed workplace. It's getting worse and worse everyday. The management team consists of "Yes Sir" people, and former production workers who were injured. If you have a family, you will soon find that you will never see them. Olin could care less. You are their property. You cannot take a vacation day until you have been there for 10yrs. No sick days, or personal leave days. The Union is only good for the pay and benefits. Everything else, forget it. Olin owns them too. If you decide to get a job there, make sure you are single, with no kids or family to support. And, only set your life to 75% of the hourly rate you receive. That way, you don't get stuck. I have been there for 16yrs. I will be leaving there soon. I have already accepted a job offer elsewhere. Most of the good employees are seeking employment elsewhere as well.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Production Control Operator
Production Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 26, 2016
Winchester is a great place to work. I have not found anything that i really dislike other than the shift work. Management is great with the ability to advance within the company before advertised to the public.
Pros
Great benifits, Great people
Cons
Shift Work
Used to be a good place to work.
Machine Operator, I (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILMay 24, 2016
Olin Corporation upper management did not care about their hourly workers in my opinion. After 100+ years in East Alton,IL. they went and negotiated a deal to move to Oxford,Mississippi then came to us and offered to stay until 2018 if we took a wage freeze with no chance for long=term employment beyond that.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 11, 2016
Olin takes care of their employees and customers. they have room to grow with in the company. Management is always very helpful to employees.
Pros
Take care of employees
Cons
none all good
loved that it was union
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 7, 2016
great place to work people are great good managment team& all about safety first everyone worked together to make the production
Pros
overtime
Cons
layoffs
Horrible place to work
Adjustor II (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Horrible place to work if you have a family or a life.The lowest seniority person works all the mandatory overtime.The working conditions are nasty.The hardest part is the mandatory overtime.Working a double every other day takes a toll on the body.The swing shifts makes it even more difficult to cope with because the body does not get to adjust to a routine.There are 3 shifts Morning 8-4 Evenings 4-12 Midnight 12am - 8.The shifts rotate every week
Pros
great pay
Cons
too much overtime on a swing shift job.Tired all the time
Olin
Traffic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 1, 2016
A great company with many different product lines and services. It is always on the cutting edge of chemical technology and defense.
Pros
Have every service for employees
Cons
Size creates little employee interaction
promising job
Centerfire cap operator (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILJanuary 27, 2016
The hardest thing was balancing work and raising a family. You spend more time at work. Shift work was not for me. But benefits and pay were excellent.
assitant manager
CAP OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILDecember 12, 2015
lots of room for growth with in the company would recommend to family and friends.. lot of fun great co-workers you can raise your family
Olin is a very Large company and well respected
Utilities/Crane operator (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILAugust 16, 2015
My job duties at work as crane operator include, maintaining a continuous flow of materials to various machines located in the crane bay that i work in. I have been a good employee for Olin Corp/ Global. I was fortunate to start my career as a Utilities Vacation breaker, I was able to become Certified in numerous operation at are facility. Our upper Management put there trust in me to operate safely any piece of equipment that I feel I can Operate Safely!
Pros
Well Payed, And respected
Cons
Hot & Cold, Shift work
Cap Operator
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJuly 18, 2015
You go in check your job placement. I learned assembly line work.Management is horrible and plays favorites extremely bad. Co workers are grouchy and very gossipy. It was hot and dirty. Best part of the day was leaving.
Pros
Cons
steady work
It was an all right place to work
Adustor 2 (Former Employee) –  East Alton ILMay 18, 2015
For the work you did, the pay was very good. The flip side to that was you rarely had time to be with your family.Forced overtime ,six days a week made sure of that. From the CEO down to management is was awful. You were treated more like a number than a person.