Olin Employee Reviews

Production Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time while working here. Everyone worked together and was easy to get along with. I am glad I had the opportunity to be a part of their team. I would have accepted a full time position if I was offered one.
It was a 8 to 16 hr a day job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILJuly 18, 2016
Most of Co workers were good people you could be in clock out line and they would tell you ,you have to stay for another 8 hr if you refused it was 10 days off no pay weekends for the most part didn't happen for the floor people overtime was massive
Worst managed place
Adjustor 1 (Current Employee) –  East Alton, ILJune 25, 2016
I have never seen a worse managed workplace. It's getting worse and worse everyday. The management team consists of "Yes Sir" people, and former production workers who were injured. If you have a family, you will soon find that you will never see them. Olin could care less. You are their property. You cannot take a vacation day until you have been there for 10yrs. No sick days, or personal leave days. The Union is only good for the pay and benefits. Everything else, forget it. Olin owns them too. If you decide to get a job there, make sure you are single, with no kids or family to support. And, only set your life to 75% of the hourly rate you receive. That way, you don't get stuck. I have been there for 16yrs. I will be leaving there soon. I have already accepted a job offer elsewhere. Most of the good employees are seeking employment elsewhere as well.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Production Control Operator
Production Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 26, 2016
Winchester is a great place to work. I have not found anything that i really dislike other than the shift work. Management is great with the ability to advance within the company before advertised to the public.
Pros
Great benifits, Great people
Cons
Shift Work
Used to be a good place to work.
Machine Operator, I (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILMay 24, 2016
Olin Corporation upper management did not care about their hourly workers in my opinion. After 100+ years in East Alton,IL. they went and negotiated a deal to move to Oxford,Mississippi then came to us and offered to stay until 2018 if we took a wage freeze with no chance for long=term employment beyond that.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 11, 2016
Olin takes care of their employees and customers. they have room to grow with in the company. Management is always very helpful to employees.
Pros
Take care of employees
Cons
none all good
loved that it was union
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILApril 7, 2016
great place to work people are great good managment team& all about safety first everyone worked together to make the production
Pros
overtime
Cons
layoffs
Horrible place to work
Adjustor II (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Horrible place to work if you have a family or a life.The lowest seniority person works all the mandatory overtime.The working conditions are nasty.The hardest part is the mandatory overtime.Working a double every other day takes a toll on the body.The swing shifts makes it even more difficult to cope with because the body does not get to adjust to a routine.There are 3 shifts Morning 8-4 Evenings 4-12 Midnight 12am - 8.The shifts rotate every week
Pros
great pay
Cons
too much overtime on a swing shift job.Tired all the time
Olin
Traffic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 1, 2016
A great company with many different product lines and services. It is always on the cutting edge of chemical technology and defense.
Pros
Have every service for employees
Cons
Size creates little employee interaction
promising job
Centerfire cap operator (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILJanuary 27, 2016
The hardest thing was balancing work and raising a family. You spend more time at work. Shift work was not for me. But benefits and pay were excellent.
assitant manager
CAP OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILDecember 12, 2015
lots of room for growth with in the company would recommend to family and friends.. lot of fun great co-workers you can raise your family
Olin is a very Large company and well respected
Utilities/Crane operator (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILAugust 16, 2015
My job duties at work as crane operator include, maintaining a continuous flow of materials to various machines located in the crane bay that i work in. I have been a good employee for Olin Corp/ Global. I was fortunate to start my career as a Utilities Vacation breaker, I was able to become Certified in numerous operation at are facility. Our upper Management put there trust in me to operate safely any piece of equipment that I feel I can Operate Safely!
Pros
Well Payed, And respected
Cons
Hot & Cold, Shift work
Cap Operator
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJuly 18, 2015
You go in check your job placement. I learned assembly line work.Management is horrible and plays favorites extremely bad. Co workers are grouchy and very gossipy. It was hot and dirty. Best part of the day was leaving.
Pros
Cons
steady work
It was an all right place to work
Adustor 2 (Former Employee) –  East Alton ILMay 18, 2015
For the work you did, the pay was very good. The flip side to that was you rarely had time to be with your family.Forced overtime ,six days a week made sure of that. From the CEO down to management is was awful. You were treated more like a number than a person.
They work you to the point where you can't have a family life.
Adjustor 2 (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILApril 6, 2015
Between the rotating shift work and frequent forced overtime it is imposable to have a family life. Since the company is moving they refuse to make repairs to essential equipment and buildings. To management you are just a body to fill a spot on the floor. They ignore the achievements and progress you have made, but come down hard on you for the mistakes you make. You see lots of favoritism. The co-workers for the most part were okay but you have to watch your back. The hardest part of the job is dealing with trying to have a family life. The only enjoyable part of the job is payday.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
you are treated like a rented mule. the conditions are terrable.
Factory work
Adjustor II (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILApril 1, 2015
Set up and maintain strict tolerances of various production machines. Learned from the best, pushed myself to be the best and exceed production goals. Did not let others poor work ethic effect my personal beliefs or goals. The worst part of the job was the weekly rotating shifts and limited advancement based on performance.
Very steady work.
Pros
Good health insurance, close to home
Cons
Lots of overtime
Worked on alot of old school machines
General Machinist (Former Employee) –  Alton, IlApril 1, 2015
Enjoyed working here and learning new things about the old school machines. Was able to get alone with all co-workers. The hardest things was the drive 6 days a week.
Good pay, long hours, idiotic management
Cap operator, Quality verifier, Anneal/wash (Former Employee) –  East Alton, ILMarch 31, 2015
The pay is pretty good, as are the benefits. Don't expect to get any vacation time. Forced overtime is far too common. Management/Forman don't care about employees and are willing to overlook safety issues just to make production numbers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
compensation in Il good
worker (Current Employee) –  East Alton, ILMarch 4, 2015
Good compensation but workers earn it. Chance for advancement slim unless you have relations in an important position or are friends with management. Union protocol circumvented on a daily basis to advance company agenda.
hard working
groupleader,annealwasher, adjuster forkliftdriver (Current Employee) –  east altonNovember 11, 2014
a place that i enjoy working for 23years i hate to see the company move to mississippi

2.8