Olive Garden
1,965 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

Olive Garden is pretty amazing!
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Pineville, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: healthcare options, discounts
Cons: lack of communication at times.
When I go into work my manager lets me know of goals they want us to accomplish that night. Once I get my tables and make sure they are being tending to I make sure my service partner or fellow server are okay, I like to help out if needed. I help run food out to guests (take any dirty dishes if needed) if the server is currently busy. I do a lot of teamwork and tending to guests needs. Once my sections is cut I have to make sure my area is clean (no gum under tables, clean floor, table is stocked with condiments). Then we usually are assigned side work before we leave (ex: stocking to-go items, cleaning P.O.S system area, cleaning our break room, emptying our trash, etc...)

I have learned that a little help goes a long way. Helping out with one thing can really make a difference to any guest and/or server (or management).

The management is awesome. They really help out with the fact that I have a daughter with health problems, and I need certain days off for her appointments. They like to make sure not only the guest are taking care of but we are too.

My co-workers are helpful. There are many who love their job, and some that are there just to help and leave (like any business).

Hardest part of my job is when a guest insults me. I pride myself on helping others and I hate making anyone feel unimportant. I get a lot of guest who will insult me for the service of other servers or the food. I try really hard to accommodate as much as my job will allow, but there is only so much I am allowed to do. I usually get a manager if I am unable to do so.

I love the teamwork. Sometimes we lack communication but we always find time to help out others when we can.
Productive fun workplace in a great location
Server, Host, Line cook (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
I was a server for a couple of months in the Tampa, Fl location. I enjoyed going to work and meeting the variety of people who came to the establishment. It was a great training program and really helped servers become successful. With no server experience i was able to avg $1000+ a week over the holiday season of 2012/2013
A fast paced restaurant environment
Server/Host (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: worked as a team
Cons: long hours on my feet.
Worked with the serving staff and host staff. Had to learn the new product and how to sell it to patrons in our restaurant. Be familiar with daily specials. Worked as a team to make sure everyone's shift was set up for success.
We also had to take care of our patrons as if they were our family, the company's motto.
Bartending at Olive Garden
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2015
Maintained updated knowledge of all menu items, specials, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections. Routinely checked identification of patrons purchasing alcoholic beverages.
Continually provided exceptional service to customers by being friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating.
Maintained a consistent, regular attendance record.
Set up bar for operation, obtained cash bank and stocked the service bar.
Effectively and calmly resolved situations with intoxicated guests.
It was fun
Hostess (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Half the time the hosts had to takes tables servers couldn't get to and didn't get to keep tips people gave them and most guests were rude if they didn't get good service from other people.
If you want to feel like you are in highschool feel free to apply at olive garden where there's is drama and he say she say
Hostess (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals if on clock
Cons: breaks are extremely long, managers show favoritism, turn over rate
For the most part it's and ok job it get the bill paid but between the managers and my coworkers I don't know whose worse The managers show who are their favorites among the ones who are not they fire their employees for any ol thing my co workers are rude and have attitudes its always drama the managers and my co workers are very disrespectful
fast paced environment
Waitress/ToGo Specialist (Former Employee), broken arrow, okJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the money and compliments
Cons: slow time
Having to work with customers daily, gained excellent customer service skills. being able to mutitask. I am really good with people. I learned that the customer is not always right or wrong, the management was okay, it wasn't the best.. except two of the managers I worked with were great, but the other two managers weren't quite a few employees had problems with 2 of the managers. . my co workers for the most part were enjoyable and I always had a blast at work. I do not really think there is a had part to serving besides keeping up with your tables, mainly on busy nights. it can get overwhelming but I would just put a smile on and then my tables understood! I loved talking with customers and learning a little about them in the 45minutes-an hour that they were there.
If you like people, you'll love this!
Server/To-Go Specialist/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: set uniforms
Cons: no steady pay, benefits
I enjoyed all 4 yrs that I worked with this company because of being able to serve & take care of so many different guests. The best part was being able to make such an impact on their day & build such a connection that when they come back they only want you to take care of them. It's a great feeling to know that you can build relationships with people in just one meal setting.
Hard work, good award system
Host, Server (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 22, 2015
This job is like almost any restaurant job. You're gonna sweat, you're gonna pull your hair out, but if you do a good job you'll eventually receive pins to wear on your tie or collar to "show off" your mad skills as a server.
fun workplace
Host (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: fun, friendly
I enjoyed getting to talk with my guests and my teammates. fast paced, but everyone who works there is very helpful and understanding and patient.
helping others
Hostess (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 20, 2015
I am a very helpful person I would like a job where I can communicate with people and help them out the best way that I can. I am very respectful, When I worked at olive garden I would always hold open the doors for the guest and see if they have enjoyed there meal. The guest would love to talk to me and my coworkers up front in the lobby, because they can see that we have respect for each other and that we can enjoy our work, instead of telling each other what to do we would work with each other to find a solution. That was my typical day at work. What I have learned from this amazing experience is that you can enjoy work and meet some new friends along the way, when the guest see use working together to come up with a solution, no matter what the wait is they enjoy our company while waiting to be seated because we enjoyed each others company when working with each other.
Military Service
Customer Service and hospitality (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJanuary 20, 2015
God, Family, Country.

Leadership is hit or miss. Some command groups are great, some are terrible.
fun and interesting
Restaurant/Server (Former Employee), Chino, CAJanuary 20, 2015
great company to work for very flexible and coworkers are enjoyable to work with, I have been given the opportunity train new servers.
A nice busy restaurant with lots of regulars and good quality of life and benefits.
Culinary Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, IlJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits, quality of life
Cons: other management
The guests were very nice. We had lots of regulars that came in and it felt like family. The other managers were not very enjoyable to be around they were always negative. The benefits for the company were fantastic. The quality of life was also very good.I learned that you have to have a good balance between positive and negative.
Great job> great food!
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free meals, extra work hours
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work< got along with others. food was good everone worked together.boss treated us fairly. everyone got along.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Palm Harbor, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Woking at the OG is your typical restaurant work. The management staff is great and willing to accommodate your schedule and life events. Offers good benefits for being a part time employe. Most people who work there have been there for 5-10 years. Lowest turn over rate at our store.
When you're here, you're family!
host/kitchen/serving (Current Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 17, 2015
Very good place to work the environment is not to bad, the managers are awesome, and the co-workers are all fun!
Constant movement
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Constantly moving and keep your attention on your tables but also be observant to see if other people need help with their tables as well. I learn to word conversations better. Had wonderful upbeat managers. My coworkers were all fun and easy to get along with. We all loved having a good time at work so joked with each other constantly. The hardest part was to keep composer on the floor even when the back of house was a crazy place. The most enjoyable part was the good money and the nice people I worked with
Fast paced, crazy, backed by good managers
Server (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: distance from home
The West Valley Olive Garden in particular is consistently busy, which may be tiring, but makes for more consistency in pay. The management during my time there was top-notch, totally committed to the success of it's employees, and they earned the respect of all their staff. So a combination of heavy business, consistent tips, great management, and a great team made for a great job.
Awesome place to work!
Server/Server Trainer/Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2015
I miss being a server and my "family" there everyday! Awesome work environment!

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more