Olive Garden Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,235 reviews matching the search
Loved it!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 29, 2016
The east side store had a great manager and great co-workers when I worked there. We were all like family and loved helping each other out. The work can be stressful at times, especially if you're a new server in general. I would recommend becoming a host or busser first then working your way up to serving once you're comfortable with the food/drink knowledge.
Exciting place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work is greeting customers.
I learn new things about the menu everyday.
Management is very friendly.
I love my co-workers.
No hard parts really; other than the different personalities of each customer.
I rally enjoy meeting new people each day.
Pros
Meeting new people, discounted lunches
Cons
Some customer are very rude
Great Customer Service Experience
Host (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work when working at Olive Garden varied on the time of day and also the day of week. Some days would be busy so being on time and ready to work is important. Basically I would greet guests and assist them on where they would be dining. It's helpful to have a positive attitude and good customer service skills to be able to make everyone feel comfortable and happy.
Pros
good hours
Not Bad But not Great
Chef (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILAugust 29, 2016
Among the different restaurant jobs that I have worked this is by far the best but that doesn't mean its anywhere near the best job I have had. In fact it's pretty far removed from that list. The job can get really stressful due to the constant changing of promos going on and large menu. My experiences with my local management has been good. But higher ups from the region seem to not really care about us and cut corners to make more money even if it makes our job harder.
Pros
Hours, discount on meals
Cons
Changing promos, poor higher managment
A day at the olive garden ...
Server (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 27, 2016
Working at Olive Garden for 2 years i learned a lot. I learned how to upsell, customer service, how to talk to guest and give them the best dinning experience, and i also learned how to multitask.
Short term solution
Busser, Server, Host (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 27, 2016
Management is inconsistent with how they follow and enforce rules between all of them. Don't get too attached to your coworkers as their is a high turnover rate.
Great fast pace job with a great management team
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILAugust 25, 2016
I would come in everyday go to my assigned tables and greet my guest all the while providing a fine dinning experience. I learned that serving people of all different cultures and professions we all enjoy a great meal.
Pros
Tips
Cons
mainly part time work
Productive, unpredictable, fun atmosphere!
Host (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. The people were awesome and friendly. They were very helpful in getting me going and teaching me what I needed to know. Wish I could stay but life happens.
Internal hiring is great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 24, 2016
Would like more opportunity to relocate to our desired city. Also would like to know if there were other areas of improvement that we lacked on. During review period sometimes felt like boss would only listen to the ones close to him. He needed to take a more active role in all the restaurants not just with the ones he liked
Pros
People we worked with
Cons
Seeing opportunities that were nevered offered to some due to friendships and lines crossed
Easy enough job, but very poor and unprofessional management.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIAugust 23, 2016
I worked for this company for just over two years ending in 2016. The job was simple enough and straight forward, but management was very poor and disorganized. The managers themselves did not get along with one another and made it very known. There was also little to no care for the employees from management. I feel that if management were different at this location, things may have been a bit better. The company needs to have a more intense and strict hiring process for managers, I believe. Unfortunately, the managers at this location were lazy and highly unprofessional.
Pros
Easy, fair pay.
Cons
Poor Management
fun work enviroment
Busser (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 22, 2016
Very friendly work place, and employees. Managment is very fair and very understanding. Hours are very open will work with most everyones schedule. Would work there again.
productive and fun to work with
Hostess/To-Go Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 22, 2016
There is always something to do, fast paced mood,trying to satisfy a guest needs,and helping one another is a typical day at work .
Ive learned different jobs that help me be more open to what ever mangers needs, i also learned how to be more outspoken and how to find was to organize my work area in ways that can be easier for me to complete everything.
My co-workers are all willing to help each other when ever someone needs help.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with complicated guest but there is always a way to satisfy there needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with great people and being able to make people happy and smilin.
Fun workplace, all about family!
Tx - Server (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 22, 2016
I loved working at Olive Garden, when I went into work I always had a great time with my team and my customers as well. I enjoyed serving families and making their dining experience a memorable one.
Pros
Employee discount.
Cons
Short breaks.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 21, 2016
A great job for students like myself. My particular branch is unprofessional and stressful at times. If you cannot take stress well, do not apply. Very well pay for host/hostess
Pros
Meal Discount, Friendly People
Cons
Stressful, no breaks
Darden is a great company to work for!
Server (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 21, 2016
The Olive Garden in Lake City, FL is a great place to be employed. The phrase, "When your here, your family" definitely holds true since I think of this place as my home away from home. Management and co-workers are usually happy to lend a helping hand if you need it. I have been working here since we opened 3 1/2 years ago and I am so glad that I am employed at this restaurant.
Pros
Co-workers, management, discounts, and great benefits.
Cons
Minimum wage unless you move up the ladder.
Great employees, needs more management, stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 21, 2016
I enjoyed working there but I wasn't making enough money. I consistently brought up this worry to manager but nothing changed even though they said a change would be made.
Stressful but fun work environment
Busser/Host (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 20, 2016
Friendly people, great managers. But don't make much money unless your 18. Very short staff so had to work 40 hours a week for not very much money
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short staff
fast paced and friendly environment built on teamwork
Busser then promoted to Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 19, 2016
working in the olive garden was a very great experience. I was able to gain a lot of customer service experience. the growth in the company was very minimal but i was able to grow into an employee capable of dealing with situations in a very fast paced setting and providing the customers with excellent service.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unsteady pay
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2016
I had a lot of fun working for Olive Garden. my experience was amazing, I served individuals from different culture. i loved my job. the people were fun
Pros
great customer service
Cons
Awesome company to work for
Server (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 18, 2016
It was a great place to work, the only issue I had was the table computers we had called Ziosks and if a guest rated you a 4/5 stars it was calculated into your server score as a 0