Olive Garden
1,363 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

Fast Paced work environment, Collective teamwork,
Hostess (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 21, 2014
Pros: discounts on meals
Cons: no advancement
On a typical day at work, greeting and seating customers is the motive of the day. Providing a family oriented atmosphere with a great dining experience with hospitality.
Meh
Hostess (Former Employee), AndersonApril 21, 2014
Pros: discounts, distance from home, fun.
Cons: no benefits, poor pay, not so great management.
Hosting was a decent job. It was a fun atmosphere as I worked with and made a lot of friends. Management was poor though.
Providing each guest with a genuine Italian dining experience
Server (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work would be to clock in, review what section I will be working in, get with a manager to discuss daily goals, greet each guest,, take their orders, deliver their food in a timely manner, and provide 100% guest satisfaction
Great place to wait tables
Hostess/Food Server (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 20, 2014
Pros: discount on lunchs, typically higher tips, great management
Cons: split shifts
I worked here as a food server/host and loved it! Fast paced at times and very casual at other times.
Fun workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Wichita, KS and Houston, TxApril 19, 2014
Pros: good food at a discount and good benefits
Cons: working long and irregular hours
Working at the OG was great for me becuase I needed to be able to transfer with a national company. I loved working with customers and the wait staff was always a good team.
Great training standard
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: great training, and advancement opportunities
Cons: unlimited soups/salad and bread sticks
Throughout my career i learned that Olive Garden has one of the best server training standards Ive seen. They fully prepare you for your job title. Managment was very professional. Oppurtunities for advancement are very easy to come by here.
Olive Garden
Server (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2014
Very busy all the time, lacks the team work that the restaurant needs in order to function properly. Co-workers are pretty cool. My favorite part about my job is making people smile and laugh. Hardest part is serving three tables that want everything at once.
Walgreens
BARTENDER/SERVER (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, COApril 16, 2014
Fun working environment. I liked working with makeup because I personally enjoy it. A little too slow paced work for me though.
Very clean and friendly enviroment. Great customer satisfaction
Bartender (Current Employee), North Dartmouth, MAApril 16, 2014
Good place to work. Great management staff and co workers. My customers were the most enjoyable part. of the job. Hours and pay rate not so great.
Good place to work overall.
Culinary Professional (Current Employee), Wake Forest, NCApril 15, 2014
Pros: 1/2 price food before or after your shift, 25% off up to 8 people including you other times, good healthcare options if you average 25+ hours a week.
Cons: no breaks unless you are scheduled a double, then it can be very short at times.
Fairly typical Kitchen workplace. Each station has it's set items you are responsible for. Are expected to help other stations if you know how and have time.
Managers at the moment are struggling a bit with high turnover.
Hardest part of the job is on a busy evening when you start running out of stuff. Especially since 90% of the protein that comes – more... in is frozen.
When it's slow/steady it's more relaxed and the team jokes around a good bit. – less
the job was okay to work for as a starting server job
BARTENDER/CERTIFIED TRAINER/WINDOW EXPEDITER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 15, 2014
Very inconsistent management and far too corporate based.
very enjoyable co-workers and would recommend a great first serving job.
co workers are friendly and management team very good and helpful.
Server (Current Employee), Vienna, VAApril 15, 2014
working at that time sun and rain sometime good and sometime bad but time passed very fast.
very busy
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2014
Pros: discount food, excellent managment.
Cons: scheduling or co-workers at times.
depending on if you are working day or night shift can make the time fly by every day. my co-workers have a hard time working with me because I follow what the head manager has told me to do. a typical day would me coming in and just start helping or doing DMO. it can get very busy and stressful, but that mostly depends on who you are working with during – more... that shift. the managers are nice and try their hardest to treat their employees well. – less
Hours
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 13, 2014
The company was located in Paramus, NJ. The location had required long hours and sometimes 12 hours shifts and short notice for call ins.
Productive and fun workplace
Prep Cook (Preparation Cook) (Former Employee), Turlock, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: friends, food
Come in say hello to everyone set up my area, joke with co workers. I learned how to prepare pasta and that certain foods should be stored at a temperature of 38 degrees. There really was no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part would have to be joking with co workers
Fast Past and Fun
Hostess (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: new experiences everyday
Cons: pay was not that great
I was lead hostess. I would usually open and get the tables and lobby ready for guest. I would keep the building clean and presentable. I learned a lot of customer service skills.

Management was great. Coworkers were fun and great to work with.

Hardest part about my job when some of the hostess would call in or not show up.

The most enjoyable part – more... was the constant flow of everyday. – less
Good Place to work during school
Chef (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 12, 2014
Very flexible scheduling. Typical restaurant duties required.
A great restaurant with good people and a good culture
Server (Current Employee), Mt. Juliet, TNApril 10, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on food while working
Cons: benefits
Darden definitely cares about it's employees. They strive for great food and great service. There is a strong team working environment and culture that enables the business to run smooth and to be productive. Management looks for employees that demonstrate skills and the wanting to be promoted and do what they can to make that happen.
Productive and fun workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 10, 2014
The best part of the job was preparing good food for people. Knowing that they're enjoying a meal that you prepared is a good feeling. I don't think that there was anything that I didn't like.
Customer Service is always very important
Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GaApril 10, 2014
Pros: family discount
Cons: long hours
I have learned that customer service is always important. Management always need help from their employees. My co-workers are great and always willing to help each other.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more