Olive Garden
1,887 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

great place to eat not to manage
Service Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: no breaks, crazy hours
Great place to eat but not the best place to manage. I enjoyed working with the employees and the public I love the hustle and bustle of the restaurant industry however, that means 65 plus hours a week and put a lot of pressure on our family life.
Great atmosphere and delicious food
Busser (Current Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 17, 2014
Pros: 50% off food before/after work shift and 20% off anytime at any darden restaurants.
A typical day at work is making sure the side stations are prepared and ready for servers to use, clearing the dirty dishes off of the table, offer drink refills to the guests, and keeping the dining room floor clean. I learned how to deal with all sorts of customers ranging from very satisfied to unpleasant. I also learned how a restaurant functions, – more... and what happens that causes a restaurant to be late with the customer's food and why it is taking a long time for the customers to be seated. The management is excellent, all of the managers get along with their employees well by having good communication and giving the employees direction if they need it. My co-workers for the most part are down to Earth, very optimistic, and they are very enjoyable to work with. – less
Productive and Fun Work Place
Server, Hostess (Former Employee), Gainesville, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts and sometimes free food
Cons: long hours of being on your feet
Working at Olive Garden on a typical day was usually busy and it demands a lot of leg and arm work, but other than that, the guests and co-workers I dealt with were always great. It made my job easier when I knew everyone else was enjoying themselves. When things got all tied up, my managers new how to handle each situation. No matter what happen, each – more... guest left with a smile and that was our biggest goal. I enjoyed working at Olive Garden and with all of the team members. – less
work place review
LINE COOK (Current Employee), Houma, LADecember 17, 2014
Make orders
Clean
Good customer service
Team Work
Sanitation
Communication

There is no hard part about it. It is mainly repetition and memorization.
Productive and fun work environment
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2014
Daily at Olive Garden my duty was to clean and stock all dishes in a timely manner. It was important to use safety and sanitary procedures daily. I learned how important each team member is in order to make a restaurant business successful. The job was not hard but you have to be committed to working at a steady pace daily.
Fun place to work
Food service/Customer service (Former Employee), Highlands ranch, CoDecember 17, 2014
It was an enjoyable place to work, especially if you love working hard with minimal down time, which I did.
Great Company
Cook (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: little advancement
The Darden company is great to work for. The management at my store was not great but good at scheduling you when your available to work. The people who work are great people to work with. The team like atmosphere and the friendships as part of the Olive Garden Culture makes everyday going to work fun.
Great company
Line Cook (Former Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: able to work my 40 hours
Cons: not being able to work overtime
Set up line and prep and restock items throughout the shift. FTR Follow the recipe always. Prepare all food items in a timely manner. Clean as I go.Perform extra responsibilities as requested by the kitchen manager. Great teamwork! I enjoyed every moment working in that kitchen.
awesome place
Waiter (Current Employee), Enfield, CTDecember 16, 2014
This is a great place to learn, interact, and have fun while doing a noteworthy job. Each and every day at work here in enjoyable because of the people and the jobs at hand. I would recommend to friends, great place.
fun and different
Hostess (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDDecember 15, 2014
 Seated patrons as they arrived according to designated work areas
 Monitored the restaurant to maintain maximum effectiveness
 “Cashed Out” serving staff at the end of their work shifts: entrusted to collect restaurant receipts
productive and fun place to work at
Server, Host, To-Go Specialist, Bartender (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MODecember 15, 2014
i would greet and seat customers, start the table off with some wine samples and take drink/ food orders, Bring out salad bread and appetizers, delivered food in a timely fashion, pre-bust and bust tables, and finally place tabs on at tables.
Productive workplace. Good leadership
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Inverness, FLDecember 15, 2014
On an opening day shift you would come in at 6am and start your cooking. By lunch time you would make sure to have all the prep done for the night shift. When you come in for dinner shift you shouldnt have to do much of any prep work if any very little. The most hardest part of this job was to make sure you never run out of any product. This job was – more... most enjoyable at all times there wasnt anyone who made it tough to work there. I always look at a positive thing in everything. – less
Productive and Fast paced
Host/Busser (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTDecember 15, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: short breaks and conflicting management styles
Its a job not built for the faint of heart or any weak-minded people. Throughout the day you must deal with numerous people and whatever they bring with them. Somedays it could be a screaming baby while other days it could be a guest dissatisfied with the food. All in all you realize you must accommodate everyone no matter how ridiculous the request.
Love It
Certified Trainer To-Go Specialist/Server (Current Employee), Fremont, CADecember 13, 2014
Pros: the people i work with
Cons: pay
I have worked for the Olive Garden for a little over seven years. I love my co-workers and my managers.
somewhat fun place to work.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2014
I worked hard and was unable to advance in my work. Dr. was very limited in what he would let me learn.
cool
utility (Former Employee), Greenville, NCDecember 11, 2014
Great place for college kids to work not for adults trying to make it for they family no hrs wit the same pay
high stress but fun workplace
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: freedom to joke around and be yourself.
Cons: cheap menu for lunch means low tips.
The day usually started off slow for lunch without much to do but prep for the upcoming lunch pop and dinner rush. By about 12pm each server would generally have about 3-4 tables. I was always allowed a break if i wanted one between my split shifts. summer dinner shifts were pretty slow but in the winter it was not unusual to be on a two hour wait until – more... closing time. – less
Great Environment
Guest server (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the entire experience
Cons: mandatory holidays
I enjoyed my time with the Olive Garden. The staff is great and there was a real sense of family amongst everyone.
Production
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCDecember 10, 2014
In this position, you get everything ready for the line cooks to make it through the day.
productive
Line Cook (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 10, 2014
learned how to cook better, nice and friendly employees, fun place to work in.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more