Olive Garden

2.5K reviews

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Olive Garden Pays the Bills
Server (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Staff is very supportive of one another.
Cons: Very strenous, stressful job.
I love the people I work with at Olive Garden, however management can be inconsistent at times. At the end of the day, I am a server until I work my way into a business job. Olive Garden pays the bills, and I keep on working towards my career.
good job to work at
Server (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Team work, open door policy, everyone was helpful
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed my time at Olive Garden Restaurant. Its really nothing negative that I can say about. I had great co-workers that I have now as friends. The most enjoyable part of my job was the day to day experiences. I never knew what to expect working there some days were great and other days not so great but the great days outweighed the bad days an when I say bad days I mean "bad" days as in the tips I got.
Something different everyday
Hostess (Former Employee), San AntonioAugust 31, 2015
Pros: fun place to work always busy
Cons: small breaks
Very fun and busy place to work at. Lots of employess which is fun everybody is different. Besides that managment was great they all work different so knows how to provide good customer care. Hardest part in working in resturant is having to deal with very upset customers becaue of the wait times. Besides that i enjoyed meeting new people.
fun work atmosphere
Line cook/Pantry Chef (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLAugust 31, 2015
daily work includes prep, cleaning, cooking for service, sanitizing station. everyone is easy to work with and the company gives you a chance to advancement every 6 months.
Server
Server (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 31, 2015
Worked as an integral productive member of the kitchen and wait team to provide an enjoyable dining experience.
Promoted wine and appetizer sales resulting in a 10% increase in overall sales for the company.
Trained servers to provide polite, professional, and courteous service, resulting in higher sales
Fun, uplifting, inspiring place to work for.
Service/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Saint George UTAugust 30, 2015
I enjoyed being with the company. Great culture, good support for team and management, Many, Many crew programs to work with.
Great place to work and fun at times.
Server/Busser (Current Employee), MaumeeAugust 30, 2015
Great co workers, everyone was good spirited and friendly even in stressful situations. The most enjoyable part is meeting and talking to new people everyday.
High stress levels
Server (Current Employee), Newington, NHAugust 29, 2015
The Olive Garden is a very busy, understaffed corporate restaurant in a prime location near the Fox Run Mall, right off the highway. Because of the different management techniques and not enough cooks and servers, every shift is stressful.
It'a great working place to grow in.
Front Hostess (Former Employee), Tucker, GAAugust 27, 2015
You can grow in this while working here.I was very sad that they close this estabilsment. It was fun and great experience.
Fast paced and easy hours
Waitress (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 27, 2015
Easy place to work for, fun and energetic management who was eager to help employees and guests feel welcome. Everyone was a team player and was willing to help out when they were able to. Sometimes guests wanted to talk with you and it was difficult to give all your tables the same quality service as you would have liked.
Loved the service industry during school
Server (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Cash
Cons: Inconsistent pay
Being a server was something that came natural to me because I am definitely a people person. The consistency of the money and hours just didn't cut it.
Team work makes the dream work
Server (Current Employee), Elmhurst, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Easy to pick up shifts
I love coming into work each day. My Co-workers are like my family away from my family. Being a server can be hectic at times and it helps to have a strong team around to support you.
Fundrasiers
Server/Host (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people and very active
Cons: not enough job advancement that I would like
At Olive Garden we were very involved with the community and had tons of fundraisers and around Christmas time we would host a family they would come in for dinner and open all their gifts and that just brought my heart alot of joy.
I really liked my co-workers, we were like one big family.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAAugust 26, 2015
It really pained me to leave this particular store because I had built a rapport with my team members. We laughed and joked yet stilled did an amazing job at satisfying our guest. The hardest pay, and the reason I left was the pay. I always worked the day shift, and during the day guest would mostly order the infamous "soup and salad". Which is fine, but the bill would always be around $6 or so, each bill I gave out I would only get a $1 or $2 dollar tips. And on a Ga waitress hourly of $2.15, you can see the problem.
Great place to work!
Server (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
I enjoyed the environment of work and the co workers were fun to be around. There was much teamwork and happy moments all the time. I would go back there anytime.
lovely place to work
Server (Current Employee), Springfield, OHAugust 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: no smoke breaks
I always have flexibility with my school schedule which I really appreciate. The managers are very friendly and always willing to help.
Great for college
BARTENDER/ SERVER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: flexible for school
Cons: long hours with poor clientele
Olive garden is a great place to work during college. Will teach you a great deal of time management, hustle, and work ethic. Only wish they would care more about employees.
Fun
Host (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: had to pay for lunch
Walked in with a smile on my face. New faces all the time come into the restaurant. The co workers were the best. Laid back but fast paced
A restaurant with a great reputation for its customer service and great food.
Server (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Flexibility due to the number of employees
Cons: N/A
The Olive Garden is not all that it is cracked out to be. While it is a restaurant with a great reputation for its customer service and food inside it gets pretty nasty. Due to the vast number in employees in one restaurant and the nature of many different personalities things get nasty really quick. There can be a lot of dishonesty, theft, and a lot of favoritism. It is a very fast paced and hectic place to work in and it takes a person who can handle a lot of pressure to work there. After just a few weeks I did not enjoy working at the Olive Garden at all, but needed the job so stuck it out despite all things, and eventually left the restaurant to pursue other jobs.
Terrible company
Busser (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2015
Your co-workers are the best part of this job. The company is set up to create an us vs. them feeling between workers and management. Management pressures you to work for free with allusions to losing your job if you don't.