Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 3,500 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Service Professional/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 7, 2016
overall been with the company since 2007 and enjoy the culture and the work environment. Management team is well rounded and has a since of care for their employees.
working there was fun
Utility (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 7, 2016
work days were a blast time went by quickly and was constantly busy the most enjoyable part was at clean up time. to see everyone together helping one another
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
pay was horrible
Very well run restaurant, very busy
Server (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 6, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for Olive Garden. Management was fair and hard working, the guests were very enjoyable, and the restaurant was always busy. Very good open door policy.
Pros
Always busy, good mangement
Cons
no overtime, benefits were cut
Great Workplace
To-Go Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 6, 2016
Having the opportunity to work at olive garden has helped me to learn how to multitask a lot more and learn how to handle situations under pressure. I have gained great people skills and it also has taught me how to prioritize. I enjoyed working with my coworkers the most because we can work together very well and can communicate without issue and they are very fun to work with.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Not a permanent schedule
food work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2016
It was nice working for olive garden but they was not playing enough for all the hard i been doing there.. but i must say the food is good ;)
Great work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 5, 2016
typical days at work

great workers that you can encounter with

can get busy on sundays

great place to have lots of fun

need more places like this one
Pros
food & time
Cons
breaks
Good for part-time job when money is needed
Food & Beverage Staff / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 5, 2016
This is a great organization. They make sure their employees are well trained. There is always a chance for growth for those who want to be in the industry. I liked working a server for Olive Garden, but I did not see myself working in the industry for a long time.
Busy Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 5, 2016
It was a busy place to work, and a great place to make consistent money. Teamwork and great customer skills are needed! The hours are always there and there is always room for advancement opportunities.
You can make money if you can tolerate it
Server (Former Employee) –  California, MDDecember 4, 2016
Management constantly singles out people instead. You're treatment within the company results in how well you can suck up to your managers not how good you are.
Pros
Make money easily if the restaurant is busy
Cons
Fair treatment depends on manager
Great job
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 4, 2016
It was a great place to work while going to school. The shifts were short enough that I was able to get HW done but was able to make decent money during rush periods. You have to be good at managing multiple tables. Having to get soup and salad for every table before the entree only allows for 3 tables per sever.
The walk into work everyday
Chef (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIDecember 3, 2016
You wake up and prepare yourself with what you think you need and what you might need to perform a productive and success full day at work. You show up to work with the right mindset and a great attitude.Then you execute your job the best you can and go home tired dirty and sometimes hungry. Sleep. Repeat.
Pros
lunch
Cons
work drama
Very convenient and secure job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2016
Olive Garden was a very fast pace restaurant to work at. I've learned how to manage my emotions and control stress in stressful situations. The management changed often and that had a bad effect on the kitchen staff. My coworkers were very fun to work with and we worked well as a team to get top results. The hardest part of the job was picking up the slack for workers who didn't do their part. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was mastering my ability to make new dishes fast and with great taste.
Pros
every week pay
Cons
late nights
The work Atmosphere
Line cook/Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 2, 2016
It was a welcoming home feel, and you are immediately taken in by the crew and staff. They let you know how they approve by saying "good-job". Compliments can mean so much when your in a fast pace environment and you begin to think if what you do matters. So when you here a positive compliment it is very much appreciated.
Pros
apprectiation
Cons
short breaks
productive workplace
server (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 30, 2016
Usually a fun place to work with upbeat coworkers who are about teamwork.The only issue would be management with lack of experience therefor procedures not being followed.
Pros
discounted food while working, high energy workplace
Cons
tips are your paycheck
They are like family!
Certified Trainer, Server, To-Go-Specialist, Host (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 30, 2016
I have loved my time with Olive Garden and have advanced to a Certified Trainer position in three years. My coworkers are like a second family to me and my managers ar kind and understanding. I was able to work here and finish my BA. As long as you are a hard worker you will advance. The only firing I have seen is people who disrespect coworkers or guests. This is a customer service job in essence so you have to be nice!
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible hours, and multiple job opportunities
Cons
Breaks are short and sometimes so are your shifts.
Great jov
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 30, 2016
Love it it's a great company love working with the great people need more hours love cooking love raises love it great I cook clean prep dishwasher I do it all
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
Manager
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 29, 2016
Work is long and it is very hard to staff. Compensation is good but you have to deal with a lot of unhappy customers all day.
Pros
free food
Cons
free food
Practice
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 29, 2016
Being able to practice my sales skill everyday has it's benefits, It always helps being able to communicate very well with our guest. My co-workers are the best in and out of work.
good management
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 29, 2016
in the beginning very good job. it was fun to work there. very good gm he cared about his employees and treated every body who did their job very well.
Very fast-paced workplace, where everyone works together
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALNovember 28, 2016
At the beginning of your shift, you had to start off by making sure everything was restocked, clean and organized, and ready for guests to arrive. Every manager had their own management style, but were all-around fair at the end of the day. I'd have to admit, the most rewarding part of the job was the benefit that came with it, and giving the best customer service I was able to each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.