Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 3,685 reviews matching the search
friendly enviorment
Server/Host/Bartender/Cook/Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I worked there for several years. It was a great place to make money. I made some friends there that I still have. It was a lot of work, but well worth it.
olive garden
ToGo Specialist and Host (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 22, 2017
olive garden in Sacramento is a hard place to work. Management makes it difficult to enjoy your job.working with coworkers is nice but it is you against management.
Wow
Saute Chef (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 22, 2017
Never gave me any hours after leading on that I wold be working full time, then when I got a full time job refused to work with my new schedule (a schedule that never changes) and when I decided to quit, they kept trying to call me back in and keep me there because I was important in their kitchen. If i was as important as I found out I was at the end, they should have in some way let me know instead of going out of their way to make me feel like a screw-up, like I can't get it right when in fact I could run that kitchen, I've ran kitchens like that in the past.
Pros
Discounts at other Darden restaurants
Cons
Everything about it, including the people I worked with.
fun work enviroment
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 22, 2017
it was a fun work environment, and everyone is really nice and patient with you. Training was very specific and helpful.
They gave you a lot of hours.
Pros
friendly people, take home food at night.
Cons
It was always busy.
Fun work place.
Server (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJanuary 21, 2017
It was a fun wor place, meeting new people, having great coworkers. I learned how to become a better sever also stronger server, I knew nothing about being a server until I came to Olive Garden my team showed me almost everything about being a server. My managers wasn't alays pleasant but its not about who likes you and who doesn't in a work place you're there to make money. The hardest part about serving was being on the floor before you knew anything about being a server, Having to learn before you train but while being on the floor before I trained i didnt have to train for long you just jump right into everything and being a fast learner everything is fine because you won't have to train for long. I loved being a server, i loved meeting people and people that you served was nice and couldtalk to you for days but you can't talk for long because you had other tables but then they became regulars and you got to enjoy them each time. I liked making money handling business making friend and sometimes being a leader when things got to busy for others to handle. If I could go back to being a erver again I would enjoying everything about it.
Pros
My team
Cons
Managers
Fun place with competitive pay
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 21, 2017
Very fun place to work at. Benefits are great and so is the pay. One of the best companies I ever work for. Would recommend to apply online and then call to talk to manager.
Meeting new people mulirtple times a day was awesome
Server (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34747January 21, 2017
Olive Garden is a very pleasant place to work. You get to make people smile and enjoy a nice time. I love learning about different people and their cultures and their tastes.
It's an ok place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 21, 2017
The managers are are friendly and helpful. Most other the other people that work there are also friendly. The hours you get are good. The jobs not particularly hard.
Fun and great learning experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Great management, great n teaching menu knowledge, down to earth managers willing to help with anything in there means, great team members, we provided great team work and customer service skill to our guest. always open opportunity to move ahead in company , very flexible with scheduling understanding toward school and children demands. the most exciting part of working there was we were like family and we looked out for each other. learned of the Italian part of food and Italian ways of doing things.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks, demands on doubles
Great enviroment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Great place to work at. Always gave me lots of hours and gave me a raise when I was doing good so they rewarded me. I would not mind going back but I forgot my log in information
great starter job
Busser/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson County, MIJanuary 20, 2017
great first job, had a lot of time to gain experience in customer service as well as learning how to do multiple jobs such as cooking, serving, and bussing
It's a high pace workplace, fun and keeps you busy
Hostess and Busser (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Working at Olive Garden has taught me to work with a lot of people in a small area. On weekends, everyone is helping each other out as much as possible but also trying not to run into each other. We have excellent managers who are very flexible with scheduling and who also take their job seriously but can have fun while doing it. It takes a little time to get used to all of the Italian dishes they serve and how to pronounce. The hardest part of the job is trying to please the guests as well as all of your coworkers by helping while you try and get your own stuff done. My favorite part of working there is that I have found my closest friends working there and it was very rewarding when a guests and managers complement your work.
Pros
Excellent work staff, and the food
Cons
Long hours some days, relying on others to show up to their shift
Met tons of Great people
Togo (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJanuary 20, 2017
Finally a place where the staff are all around your age. Loved working here.
Management was alright, rules were pretty strict. Place was packed most of the time, but tips were through the roof.
Bad work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 19, 2017
Awful place to work in my opinion. No team work. Poorly managed in my opinion. Everybody is disrespectful and out for themselves. Don't work here.
Very nice Staff
Busser (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 19, 2017
I would suggest getting a job at Olive Garden because they are super understanding and all the staff are fun and nice to work with.They also helped with everything.
Pros
Awesome staff, good breas, reasonable hours
Overall good working environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 19, 2017
tips and I can help with it and you doing anything you need to go do it and you get can have and cook for you and then loved love you and you can have a good time and you can have a good time love you and you can
Stopped Caring About The Employees
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 19, 2017
When I started at the OG they cared about the employees with different incentives to want to succeed. As time went on administrative management changed, in house management changed, and employee turn around increased. Promises they made never went anywhere, management (in house & upper) played favorites, and the over all wanting to come to work dwindled to nothing. Positives were you worked with great people, I had a lot of regulars that came to see me weekly, and the money wasn't so bad (did decline over the years however).
Pros
Friendly, Fun, Money Ok
Cons
See Above
Working for Darden is great
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 19, 2017
I love working for the Darden team, everyone takes care of each other. It does get very busy in Olive garden which is nice considering you only have 3 table sections to deal with the never ending demands of unlimited soup salad and breadsticks. The menu is constantly updating and changing with new promotional items.
Productive fun place with room for growth
Server/Togo Specialist/Host (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 18, 2017
Great atmosphere and management with the ability to grow and learn in whichever field you find necessary. Good training regiment aNd the approvingly to try and learn all requirements. Understanding management and employee team
AMAZING. serving pay is pretty bad
Server (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Everything about working for this brand was great to me. I literally only was there less than 2 months and LOVED those around me including majority of the management and coworkers and definitely the guests. Only downfalls to this was me being new basically. I was unfortunately let go but in my defense I'd say it was due to something I had not been trained on but I won't fault the company because of that. The other downfall being the pay of a server even including tips. Me being new to the server position, I wasn't aware of low pay rate so I went from $9.50 an hr to only $4.10 an hour and even with weekly pay it didn't equate to much of def work there again. The positive energy was well needed and you'd love to work at this location most likely!
Pros
Environment, Daily pay, esp the cash tips each night ! & discounted meals
Cons
Pay as server, doubles only get breaks, 4 /5 shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.