Olive Garden
1,720 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

Fast paced work enviroment
Culinary assistant (Former Employee), Oswego, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch/dinner
Cons: 6 day work weeks for 40 hrs
A lot of stress in your typical day running a kitchen, but im always the go to guy. I know where everything is at, & how to ring everythng in properly, so i was busy all day.
Pretty flexible job
Dishwasher/Busser (Current Employee), Boardman, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: managers tend to play favorites
Its a good job to have if you are going through school.
Hours are real flexible, but a lot of immature people work there.
Management is all about favoritism, so don't make them mad.
Hardest part of working there is dealing with idiot coworkers but thats with any job.
Fun work place with encouraging team members
Server, Certified host trainer, To-go specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long days to make little money when the work flow was slow
Arrive ready for my shift, and find a manager to be talked in for the shift, They give updates on any new promotions and give some encouraging words before the day begins. You are assigned a section and those guests are your main priority as well as helping your teammates around you. I learned to be patient, no everyone you serve is in the best of moods. – more... Everyone is entitled to a bad day. My management and co workers were more like family, extremely flexible work schedule and always willing to help during an emergency. We relied on on another to have our backs during busy or stressful times. The hardest part of the job would be the fast paced environment at times when you cant seem to be fast enough, I only have two hands. The most enjoyable would be the environment we all worked in, always a smile on someones face and positive attitude to keep you going even on your worst days. You worked hard for the tips you earned but we made great money. – less
A fine dinning experience
Server (Former Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: unreliable income
I would start my day by checking my section and getting ready for my shift. My coworkers and I would work together to ensure there was fast and safe service. The management team kept a tight hold on how things rolled out.
Good people, hard atmosphere
Line/Production Cook, Certified Trainer (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Great people to work with, although attitude is not always ideal. Hard work with not much compensation. Learned to multi-task under great pressure and lead others to perform tasks successfully.
amazing place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Cary, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: amazing bosses
Cons: nothing
this resturant is the best place to work i have been in and it is so much fun to be at work i didnt want to leave at the end of the night and i always looked foward to going to work everyday .
Good place to learn
Wait Staff (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: soup and salad
Cons: not following coperate specs
Fast pace with a lot of surprises. Management was understanding and most of my co workers were very young . It could be very difficult at times as a trainer for some to follow instructions. The best part was meeting the people that came in to dine.
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Tampa palmsSeptember 24, 2014
Lots of fun at the company. Good people and great food. The hardest part of the job was when we were slow.
fast paced, decent management
Line cook (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: 50% off employee meals during shifts, 20% off at any darden restaurant.
Cons: short to no breaks, long hours, work weekends and holidays.
- A typical day at work would be four to twelve hours of pumping out dishes for the guests and when its slow i would learn a new station or help with prep.
-I learned many back of house skills such as telling steak temps just by touch, sauteing, ticket time management, i learned how to stretch pizza dough. and the value of teamwork.
-As the youngest – more... person on the line i got picked on at the beginning but my coworkers grew to be my family.
-The part i had the most trouble with was probably getting all the dishes out accurately and efficiently.
- I grew to love all the staff in that restaurant. We made our work fun and enjoyable for each other. – less
Great Place to work!
Hostess (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: 50% off lunches during work, 25% off work. flexible hours, managers work with you for scheduling
Cons: mostly part-time.
Working at Olive Garden is great. The management communicates with you constantly. In a typical day a hostess is in charge of making the first impression of the restaurant. Greeting guests promptly and in a welcoming manner is essential. Besides seating guests you must make sure you are being fair to all servers and seating in rotation. Along with that, – more... bathrooms, windows, and front need to be kept clean. Rotating between hostess to check all and make sure that it is presentable. If the silverware starts to run out, hostesses will send one host to do silverware. As a lead host you are in charge with deciding where reservations are to be seated and making sure they are ready on time. perhaps one of the most important things to being a hostess is trying to give an accurate quote time. Over quoting can cause quests to leave, and under quoting will result in unhappy quests and manager complaints. On Sundays you restock all core menus, throwing old and worn ones away. Communication is the key in this job. you are in charge of directing bussers to dirty tables so guests can be sat quickly. As a host you are also charged with estimating the "phasing" of a server (time when they can be sent home).
I enjoyed working at Olive Garden. the management works with your schedule. there are guests who are regulars and you become really acquainted with them. Your co-workers become your family. – less
productice
PANTRY COOK (Former Employee), Temecula, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: half price off of food
Cons: lack of order
It was productive, strict, and busy.
I learned how to move at a fast pace, and work multitask. I enjoyed the challenge during the rush hour.
It amused me to learn how to cook different foods.
Fun
Busser (Former Employee), Wilson, NCSeptember 23, 2014
Fun loving enviorment to make easy friends old and new. Co-workers are great and help with any problems
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee), Saint Charles, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: talking with new people daily
Cons: learning how to balance food trays, but once i got the hang of it; it was fairly easy
This was my first Server position. I enjoyed learning something new and enjoyed working as a server. I learned a lot as a server. I always enjoy talking to people so that came easy to me.
friendly environment
Host (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTSeptember 22, 2014
Exciting and fast pace environment at a restaraunt.
Hostess (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: guests were happy and management was exteremly acceptable.
Cons: breaks would come and go whenever we had time for them, but we always got them some nights were just too busy to have them on time.
A typical day at the Olive Garden for me consisted of seating guests or standing up front greeting or leading the other team members where to seat the guests. Cleaning the tables to help busser if there is time. Cleaning restrooms and around the host stand. I learned how important it is to make eye contact when someone walks through the door and really – more... make them feel welcome as if going to a family dinner. I learned to use a computer with tables and other charts on it for seating. I could set it up and shut it down if need be. Answering phones for call ahead seating. I also did TOGO's for a little while, which include prep and answering phones and stalking the back. My management always tried to make us feel like we could talk to them about anything, they really had our backs and if things weren't flowing smoothly they would try to help us out. I loved my co-workers we all became a family, we hung out outside of work but never brought drama to the work place. That is honestly the closest group of people I have ever worked with it was a very wonderful feeling to know everyone was so close and I think it helped with the guests seeing how much we all cared for one another. The hardest part of the job is when it would get crazy busy mainly Friday or Saturday (some times even Sundays) and we would have people go over their wait time which made them very unhappy, but luckily our management was awesome and would take care of the guests to make sure they were comfortable and would come back again. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing people enjoyed their meals and we did a great job and making them want to come back just by saying hello and goodbye and thank you for being here. – less
BEST PLACE TO WORK AS A SERVER
Customer Service (Former Employee), GASTONIASeptember 21, 2014
THIS IS WHERE YOU WANNA BE IF YOU INTEND TO MAKE REAL SERVER MONEY.
Olive Garden
host (Former Employee), mesquite texasSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: wages
This is a wonderful place to work overall. When they say "when your here your family" they literally mean it. I felt so much love while i was employed there.
Good Workplace
Salad/ Bread (Current Employee), QueenCreek,AzSeptember 18, 2014
Good work Experience in meeting new people and learning new things.
fast paced work environment
Food server (Current Employee), Redding, CASeptember 17, 2014
learned how to communicate with customers, and take care of their needs, how to work well in a team environment. Also learned that i do not need a title to be a leader in the workplace. cash handling experience, I'm one of the key employees there. Hardest part is when we can't make an unsatisfied customer happy, or when management does not back me up. – more... Most enjoyable part of the job is ownership over my own work. – less
Productive place, High volume.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fun enviorment if you ask me .
Cons: call outs and not getting the same respect as you give.
Like every job, you have days that are better then most. I have had more good days the bad days at Olive Garden. The co-workers really try to pull through as a team and get the job gone.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more