2,114 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

Enjoyable work place as a server.
Server (Former Employee), College Station, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals when on the clock, 30% off any other time for entire ticket.
Cons: Always on your feet
The management and co-workers make this job enjoyable and fun. One of the few waiting jobs that gives you benefits and insurance. They have a high standard for their food quality, training, and customer care.
Pleasant work environment but can be stressful during peak hours.
Host (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great discount for the food, Co-workers are so much fun.
Cons: GM is a bit hot-headed.
I loved working with my co-workers everyone seemed to have their sense of humor. There is a a lot of diversity which can really help you connect with different kinds of people. This job helped me become more outgoing with people, i enjoyed getting to know different kinds of guests coming in to the restaurant. The work environment can be very stressful during peak hours which is basically dinner shifts. This job requires a lot of problem solving with trying to seat guests who are on a wait. You constantly have to go around the restaurant until you find a table for the people next in line to be seated. In other words don't expect to just be standing in the front with a warm smile and get told where to seat someone. Sometimes you really have to take action and think of ways to efficiently seat a guest quickly. It's not a hard job but you need to be prompt with guests and learn to eventually be a lead to the whole seating arrangements. The only con was that i wasn't too fond with the general manager she is a bit sassy and sometimes not understanding.
Cool place to work
Server (Current Employee), Middletown, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Discounts when dining.
Cons: When it's not busy
A typical day at work varies, it could be unbearably busy or it could simply be dead. I learn on a daily basis and get to interact with customers. My co workers are awesome and help each other out. The hardest part of the job is keeping a good attitude when having personal problems . But at the end of the day, I enjoy putting a smile on a customer's face and providing excellent service.
ok...
host (Current Employee), nyMarch 26, 2015
Well i enjoy it here, but... don't like that you can get sent home after working 3 hours.. and the fact its impossible to get a day off.. this place with their out times arent out times.. my life doeskin work like that, missed a lot of days of school because i wasn't out on time.. didnt want to walk out and loose my job. got me scheduled on days im supposed to be in class.. whatever..Its fun and discounts are nice but good luck requesting time off ha ha ha..
Large corporate feel a clinic feeling not a team work environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Danvers, MAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good salary, great job security
Cons: Long days, very corporate
A solid company with a long track record and a great place for job security. Long hours and very strict guidelines set forth in an overwhelming corporate atmosphere which seems to condone teamwork as compared to promoting it. The salary structure and benefits for management is very competitive but your personal and family life will have to take a back seat to the demanded hours for the position.
Ok
Server (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Paid at end of the day
Cons: none
I was responsible for taking care of the customers need and taking special request. I enjoyed working with people and most of the staff.
Olive Garden
ToGo, Server, Hostess, Bartender. Line (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHMarch 25, 2015
Pros: flexible, employee discount, food sampling
Cons: you cant eat all the mints :(
A typical day includes making sure that all guests leave happy no matter what, I have the best restaurant anyone could ask for. my coworkers are like family and we all help one another when another gets in a bind. There is nothing really difficult but I enjoy coming to work here every day.
New experience in an well established chain
Host (Former Employee), Blue Springs, MOMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Immediate benefits, discounted meals, flexible hours
Cons: lack of respect from younger employees and a high turnover rate
My experience at the Olive Garden was new and exciting for me and something I knew I would be good at. It was nice getting to know people which I made some great connections with. In the 4.5 years of being
there I did experience a lot of personnel and management turnover which was a bit unsettling. I started out with a new restaurant in Missouri and eventually transferred back to Illinois.
Pretty good place to work to learn the in and outs of the restaurant industry.
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts and benefits
Cons: Short breaks and limited weekends off
The day starts with the stocking of your station. You must check each item and make sure that you will have enough for your shift, if not prepping items may be necessary. Once your station is stocked fully its time to take over or relieve the co-worker who was in your position prior to your arrival. Your job is to cook all food to its necessary temperature in a timely manner. Teamwork is key, so always keep an eye on your co-workers , in my case I worked with pretty decent cooks but some may be new and require a hand , this enabled me to become a certified trainer. I enjoyed the busier hours it enabled me to focus on my shift which made time fly. So all in all I can say that Olive Garden wasn't a bad place of employment.
EHHHH
Server (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 24, 2015
Wouldn't go back way to much drama and the managers are horrible about picking favorites and making sure those people get the best options and perks of the job
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 24, 2015
Not the best training program but otherwise good experience overall! Good managers and great employees. Hardest part would be the cleaning and the most enjoyable would be serving customers!
AMAZING MANAGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Server/Host (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILMarch 21, 2015
Pros: awesome staff members and various company discounts!
Cons: sometimes i'd have to work through lunch
They say, "when you're here, you're family," that is the truth! The people who work there, became not only my friends, but people I sincerely became close with, like family! They were so incredibly supportive to my advancement in education and university and were extremely excited for any and all achievements!

Hours were anywhere from an hour long to 8 hours, or more! Sometimes this would be difficult, especially while serving rude guests and receiving little money for your work, but my 'family' was there for support. Difficult guests cause extreme frustration, at times some would even try for intimate advances--I am glad to say my managers took great care of that (after I had already tried to handle it on my own).

The best times were when guests were simply special and it became a magical experience, and then they became "regulars", eating only with you as their server.
Fast paced atmosphere and fun coworkers!
To-Go Specialist (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMarch 21, 2015
Coworkers are amazing, I've met some of my closest friends here. Management is also awesome, I feel like they actually care and value their employees. Raises are hard to come by, every 6 months I get a 15 cent raise.
A family
Manager (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXMarch 20, 2015
Very strong team values, ongoing training and development. Take pride in creating an Italian culture and a great guest experience
Overall good place to work
Server, Bartender, To-Go specialist (Current Employee), Noblesville, INMarch 20, 2015
Pros: earning cash e
Cons: inconsistent, no benefits
For working in a restaurant Olive Garden has a great atmosphere. It depends on flexible hours, nights, and weekends. Hard to depend on inconsistent pay.
Fun workplace were guests are family.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Prattville, ALMarch 19, 2015
Pros: discount meals, promos, menu item demos
Cons: not enough overtime
The hardest part of working this job was keeping a calm and inviting attitude while being on a 2 hour wait. Once we go on a wait, the job is more intense because you have to keep the restaurant flowing smoothly while dealing with incoming guests.
Productive workplace; could use some improvement in management
Hostess (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYMarch 19, 2015
Cons: poor management
A typical day at work consisted of greeting guests upon entry to the restaurant and seating them at their tables as well as answering phones and taking reservations. Hosts rolled silverware and were also expected to keep bathrooms cleaned and stocked to ensure a pleasant experience for guests.
Management often blamed hosts for things that they had no control over; screaming at them over the headsets for up to ten minutes while we are still trying to conduct ourselves professionally in our other work responsibilities instead of taking us into the office to talk about it privately.
I learned how to take criticism constructively and use it to better my performance in the workplace.
My co-workers were very supportive and many of them are still close friends today.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with constant criticism for things that were not my fault and I had no control over and feeling like there was no one to turn to about it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with some exceptionally wonderful people.
Great Company
Certified Server Trainer (Former Employee), Jackson, MIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great pay, oppurtunities for advancement, vacation pay, flexible schedule
Cons: uniforms
Great management Fun family like atmosphere
Typical day greeting guests, waiting tables, cash handling, cleaning, training new servers, flexible schedules and shifts
Enjoyed
Member of new restaurant opening team (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free salads
It was always crazy but had fun enjoyed working with my co-works. Management was always making sure everything was good
My Job
Service professional/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 16, 2015
I love my job, I get to work with all sorts of people we have a strong team that works hard and comes together to make a difference. Our management team is great but like everything there is always room for improvement. Hardest part of the job is nothing the most enjoyable is seeing smiles on people's faces as they leave happy and you had something to do with it

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more

Olive Garden Salaries