Olive Garden
2,260 reviews

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Interaction with customers and thier families were priceless
Bartender/Server/Host/Busser (Former Employee), Tucson, azMay 27, 2015
Pros: Interacating with our community when tryig to open new accounts.
I handled cash transactions and personal information for customers and companies. I have excellent customer service skills, answered multi- line phones, operated computers, fax machine, stamp machine.
Server
Server (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 27, 2015
Pros: Discounted food, money every day
Cons: the hrs and not making enough money some days.
waiting on guest , taking orders working with a younger crowd that just don't understand that this could be their life. a lot of people wait tables for a living and hearing that " I am here until I get a real job". This is someone's really job this is what they live off of, this is what pays the bills for them.
Olive Garden
Server (Current Employee), South Portland, MEMay 27, 2015
This is a great company to be at. Excellent opportunity for growth, and the training is incredible. I believe if you can serve or bartend at an olive garden you can serve anywhere else.
up and down environment
server (Former Employee), muncieMay 27, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: pay an tips
rules changed daily depending on who it was, as a vet it was time for me to move on. Darden is a great company but my experiences are mine, im sure plenty love working there
Basic service industry job
Bartender/To-Go Specialist (Former Employee), Covington, LAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunch when working a double; benefits offered
Cons: No paycheck, pay based solely on tips
On a given day, you came in and immediately assigned a section to work in. You had to learn to prepare simple foods such as salads and soups. The management was always perky and effective in leading the team. Co-workers were always willing to help when asked of them.
Server (Current Employee), Lafayette, INMay 26, 2015
One of the busiest restaurants in town with a great staff. Must be self motivated and willing to push products but with hard work the reward is worth it.
Good job for someone looking to earn extra money.
Host/Hostess (Former Employee), Fort WorthMay 26, 2015
Pros: Half-priced lunches, free drinks, nice co-workers.
Cons: Very little hours each week allowed.
Very fast-paced. On days I opened, I would either fill salt, pepper, or sugar containers and place them on the tables. I would clean check books and put them in their assigned basket. I would check and make sure restrooms were clean and stocked from the night before. As servers starts coming in, I check them as present and assign them to their designated part of the restaurant. As guests come in, I greet them with a positive attitude, ask for how many guests will be with them and input that into a host computer where extra information about the party is typed in. I then grab their menus and utensils and walk them to their table according to the table the computer tells me is next in rotation.
I learned a lot about how to cope with different customers, as well as how to work under pressure.
The hardest part about the job for me was hosting on Sunday mornings as very big parties would come in and we would have to arrange their tables. Sundays were extremely busy and the lobby was always full.
Poor
Server (Former Employee), TexasMay 26, 2015
Pros: I made decent money and enjoyed the guest
Cons: poor poor management!
I enjoyed the energy i brought in to the restaurant clean, neat and professional! most pleasure was the guest , i greeted them with a smile and gave them excellent service!Co-workers were not team players and not presentable! Management, had a nasty attitude's and were disrespectful and on drugs!
Fun place to work
Dish Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lima, OHMay 25, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: short hours
Everyone was like family there. We'd laugh, talk about our day. Co-workers were nice and easy to talk to as were the bosses, The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the job. It was fun. Hardest part I would say would be leaving. Because we had fun while doing our job yea it was a little messy with food everywhere but it was fun. I learned how to operate the dish washing machines.
Productive Work Place
Hostess (Former Employee), lubbock TxMay 25, 2015
Pros: Amazing Food
Cons: Short Breaks
Olive Garden is a friendly,welcoming place to work.The staff here at Olive Garden will work as a team to make you feel as welcome as possible
Productive and fast paced
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Onalaska, WiMay 24, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: not enough hours
Very fast paced place to work at. Training was very thorough and well explained. Enjoyed getting paid weekly. Breaks were hard to get at some point due to being busy. Some night were late due to a busy night or closing late.
Fast paced work environment
Line Cook/Dishwasher/Production (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great pay and excellent hours
Cons: A lot of co-workers called off
My day would start with a 4-5 hour prep list that needed to be started as soon as I clocked in. There was about 5 different prep stations, one for the sauces, one for the veggies, one for the bread, one for the salads, one for the seafood/lasagna, and one for the pasta. Certain part of the management team were knowledgeable about what they were doing and they were wonderful to work with. I learned how to work in every station that they had in there because, I wanted to learn every thing that they were doing too. The hardest part of the job was, learning from the other stations but, I had fun and enjoyed doing it.
Great Place to Work
Cook (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 22, 2015
Olive Garden is a great company to work for. The managers are happy to assist you with extra training and are available when you need them. It's hard work but it pays off. The hardest part of the job is working at a fast pace but making sure your guests don't feel rushed.
Great Enviornment
Hostess (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2015
A typical day at Olive Garden would require seating guests and providing any information. Ive learned how to work as a team with the staff. Great communication between all coworkers and management and working together as a family. Hardest part would have to be carrying heavy trays full of food. Most enjoyable would be the atmosphere working amongst friends.
Fun Workplace
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, Work Together Attitude
I was able to learn alot about the food industry from hostessing to take-out. Helping our guests with their needs and helping them celebrate special occasions is one of the best this to do in any job. It is a team effort all around and that's quite enjoyable.
hard work but fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 21, 2015
come in and work the 3 sink cleaning dishes ive learned how to work at a steady pace the management was terrific friendly people. the hardest part i would say is being able to move fast but still give quality work, i loved to stay busy
Great place to work at
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 21, 2015
Pros: Slight discount on food when eating with family
Cons: Some managers were hard to work with
I loved working at Olive Garden, most of the managers went above and beyond to make sure shifts went smoothly. If any issues arouse they were quickly taken care of. Would have continued to work with this company but I moved to a place that didn't allow me to relocate with the company.
Alot Of Confusion
Server trainer (Former Employee), falls church vaMay 21, 2015
Pros: pay, food
Cons: management, short staff
I Love Working For Olive Garden , Serving And My Coworkers Were Like Family. However Managers Were short staff and with my years of experience they made me a server trainer. being server trainer they pay was okay but they cut my time being on the floor short so i was training 4 days then serving 2days i was very upset. i got my food handling from this job but i wouldnt go back to work
Dishwashing at Olvie Garden
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay and benefits
Cons: wet and dirty
The work load was occasionally hard and fast paced. I've learned to pick up speed and organization. Management was considerate and understanding. Most co-workers were great to work with others slacked off. Hardest part was trying to stay dry and clean. The most enjoyable part of the job was how quick the time went by.
Fast Paced and Poorly Overseen
WAITER (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 21, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, long hours.
It is a basic chain restaurant to work for. The hours are extremely long. You get few (if any) breaks. Getting a day off requires a near death experience. You never seem to get very well complimented while continually doing a good job. Most of the co-workers are nice and friendly. You make OK money but it can vary greatly from day to day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more

Olive Garden Salaries