Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 2,785 reviews matching the search
Amazing company to work for.
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 8, 2016
Great staff, great management, flexible scheduling, great money!
Working here is like joining a new, weird, wonderful family. :)
Pros
Wonderful people to work with!
Great Workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 8, 2016
Olive Garden is a flexible workplace and a place where I was able to gain customer service experience and working in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Discounted food
Easy advancement within the company
Server/Bartender/Togo Specialist/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCFebruary 7, 2016
Very busy restaurant to work for. You can get trained in multiple positions after your 6 month mark. Pay is great and they are a decent company with benefits. You can choose your own hours.
Pros
50 % off of food
Cons
No breaks as a server
Decent work enviornment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27616February 7, 2016
Working at Olive Garden was an interesting experience. Most of my coworkers weren't focused on customer service at all, and that bothered me quite a bit. But the management tried their best in every possible way in the restaurant.
Constantly busy , and smiling faces
Busser/Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAFebruary 6, 2016
This restaurant has people that will help you learn and catch on to the routine quick. I've learned how to work with very few people to do a huge and busy job. The life of Olive Garden is relaxing and soothing on a slow day and can be crazy and hectic on a busy Sunday. Management really cares about helping their employees in every aspect that is possible. The hardest part of the job is trying to make someone's day completely better when it's turned all the way down south. The most enjoyable part is the food.
Pros
Making the guest happy
Cons
no lunch or breaks
Love Customers
Sever (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 5, 2016
Overall is was a great place to work. My coworkers were nice to work with. Very clean place to work. Management didn't understand family time or days off. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was waiting on tables and not getting tipped afterwards.
Pros
great tips
Cons
scheduling was not fair
good place to work but hours are very low unless you serve
Busser/Dishwasher/roller (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 5, 2016
I enjoy working at Olive Garden...but my hours are low since my transfer. The co-workers are fun to be with. Hardest time at work is when u let the little stuff get to you. Most enjoyable time of the day is when you make it through the hard time
Pros
Fun place to work, family enviroment, never a day like yesterday
Cons
healthcare, hour
Great people, terrible management
Busser/Waiter/Host (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
Co-workers complained, but were great people and fun to be around. Learned that I did not want to do that work as a career as some people there have decided to do.
fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 5, 2016
management is very understanding of student's busy schedules,
there is good money to be made, Darden offers opportunity to move up, shifts are very flexible
Pros
no sidework
Cons
high turnover rate
Perfect for a Highschool Student
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 4, 2016
Its been awhile since I worked there. Its best too look a more information and reviews on there website. Everyone work experience is different and the choice is always up too you !
I love the company. The location is terrible
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 3, 2016
I've worked at 4 Olive Garden Restaurants in the past 6 years, Jacksonville, Fl, Savannah, Ga, helping open one in Carrollton, Ga. I've seen what the company can be when its successful and have seen many happy team members. The 1071 location in Duluth, Ga needs radical change. Its very high stress and unorganized. Favoritism, theft, unsanitary practices, and cash handling are all issues.
Pays well and always busy
Server (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 3, 2016
All in all a great place to work for cause the pay is really good and you can always get your hours. The training is excellent when you start, so they get you well educated before you start taking your tables. And the co- workers and management is really nice and respectful.
Pros
food discount and fun people to work with.
Cons
No breaks, and will work you every weekend night unless you say something
Fast paced & exciting.
Bread Baker (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at work would be baking tons of bread & getting things from the storage room. I learned how to bake bread in an oven. Management was pretty nice and all about hard work. Co-workers were very rude. The most enjoyable part of the job was having everything done in a timely manner.
Pros
Pay Day is every Friday. Direct Deposit. Breaks are long.
Cons
Food is not free.
Great place to work for
Server (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be very busy at all times. Helping others take food to other table and not just to your alone helps the server and the customers happy with hot food and great service. This job kept me on my toes at all times, someone is always watching you so being professional at all times is required. I have learned to remain professional and remain calm at all times. There are times things may go wrong with a food order or late preparations with the meals and if you remember to keep calm the customer feeds off of you energy and the night/day goes smooth. Management and co-workers has taught me how to be a great server. You should never enter a job as a no it all for there are some new things some one can teach you. The hardest part of the job would be getting everything all three tables need without upsetting some, making sure there service a delightful. The most enjoyable part would be seeing different people ever day and making them happy.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
short breaks
Fast-Paced and Judgmental
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 31, 2016
On a typical day I would open doors for guests, greet them and walk them back to their chairs, if I opened then I would bring up the silverware and set up the tables for any big parties that called ahead to reserve a table. I leaned how to continue to grow in my customer service skills and how to handle situations with coworkers when you don't get along. The management was great at customer service but they don't treat the employees the best; they would make you stay longer if it was your last day there, they picked favorites who didn't have to do as much work and they weren't good at helping give direction on how to handle a situation with seating the guests . My coworkers were all pretty laid back and friendly. The most enjoyable part was getting soup, salad, and breadsticks for $1.10.
Pros
S, S, &B for $1.10, laid back coworkers, sometimes free breadsticks
Cons
Short Shifts, phasing system to release you when it get slow
work
Server (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 29, 2016
in the time i was there i never meet any of the mangers. and it was always busy to me to learn anything. the only good thing was the food.
Thorough training and teamwork environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 28, 2016
The Olive Garden trains employees, provides continued support and is flexible with scheduling. Great team environment and lots of energy there. Everybody takes good care of customer which ensures job security. Lots of pride working for The Olive Garden.
Pros
Excellent food
Cons
Hours vary
Very fancy looking place
Hostess and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 28, 2016
It was an okay expeirence. Very fast paced and very busy resturaunt. But overall it was a nice expeirence. It was nice being able meet new people and be able to help guest.
Productive and fun workplace.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALJanuary 27, 2016
Olive Garden is a fun and productive workplace. I enjoy working with people. I have a friendly and outgoing personality that makes this job worth it all.
Productive environment and a fast paced place to make money
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day for me at Olive Garden is serving on the lunch shift and interacting with guest that sit in my section. It is a fast paced environment considering the fact that most of the guest come from the Medical center and they are on their lunch break. Our managers do their job accordingly and helps everyone keep their tasks flowing. All of my co-workers have different personalities. Although we don't come from the same background we are cordial with one another and complete our assignments. The hardest part of the job is when it is busy and we are on a wait for tables in the lobby. The most enjoyable part of my job is receiving tips.