Olive Garden
2,424 reviews

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Beautiful establishments.
Waiter/Server (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 31, 2015
Fun place where everyone is doing their job and hours seem to just fly away. People is wonderful, co-workers and guests. Management is alright. Money is not huge, but is enough for the job you do.
Not a bad job
Host (Current Employee), Flagstaff, AZJuly 31, 2015
This job isn't too bad, fairly simple greeting guests. You greet guests, seat them and usually just maintain cleanliness of the restaurant.
Productive and fun workplace
Culinary Professional (Current Employee), Surprise, AZJuly 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive teammates. Big company and requires lots of patience for advancement. I gained more knowledge and growth. Through to build not only myself but the people around me to be great at what we do everyday.
day at work
Server (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: great job atmosphere
Cons: hourly pay needs to be improved
Great to work for! I love working here for the past 5 years. They are very flexible with college students and with schedules.
Productive Fast Pace Enviroment
Server/ Busier/Prep Cook, Dish Pit Operator (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: None
Answered Phone/completed phone orders. Setup Prep Bar with fresh handmade bread sticks, made pastas to order, prepared and cooked seafood and sliced onions. Refilled server line with fresh products rotating and documenting time and date. Cooked order s on the grill line. Waited on tables taking orders and delivering food. Bussed table quickly keeping up with table turn time requirements
Great people. Good energy
Busser, Food Runner, Dmo, Certified (Former Employee), Elmhurst nyJuly 28, 2015
I have worked a olive garden close to a year and as a first job it has shown me how to manage so much task at once and do it properly. i have made new friends who help me and support me. on a average day i clean and set tables and run food
Productively fast paced
Server (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: 50% off food while at work, 25% off food on off days
Cons: Tiny Breakroom, no break unless working a split shift
It is my very first serving job, so I was excited at first. Co-workers are very helpful for the most part. I learned a lot of important skills such as patience, multi-tasking and thinking quick on my feet when solving a problem. Management could definitely improve as far as being considerate towards staff. The most enjoyable as well as the hardest part of the job is getting to interact with so many different people in a day! It can be exciting and stressful as well, but I end up learning more about myself regardless. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to work there.
Fast paced and fun environment.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Escondido, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: cheaply priced employee meals, flexible time request off scheduling
Cons: no included healthcare or other benifits
I loved working with great service professionals to provide excellent service for our guests. Every day was challenging, yet incredibly fun. Our team work is unparalled so far in my experience. Management was friendly and professional, attending to our individual needs for scheduling and advancement. The hardest part of the job is communication with other team members and the most enjoyable was the family like vibe of our staff.
Great environment, great management
Waitress (Current Employee), Brighton, MIJuly 28, 2015
Cons: Working nights
I truly enjoy working apart of the Olive Garden team. Everyone works together and it is a positive environment to work in. The management team are helpful, understanding, and encouraging.
Hostess review
Hostess (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 28, 2015
• Effectively communicated with both customers and management
• Greet and seat all customers in a professional and friendly manner
• Other duties related to restaurant operations
Review
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Biddeford, MEJuly 28, 2015
This was one of the best place I worked. Everyone was so welcoming and willing to answer any question I had. The people that worked in the loan department were amazing.
The employees that work there are fairly good, but the management isn't very good at all.
Production/Busser/Line-Cook (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIJuly 27, 2015
The management at Olive Garden in Onalaska, WI are not very good. They don't seem to care about anyone but themselves and their own compensation and well-being.
n/a
Restaurant Server (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job while working for olive garden would be meeting so many nice and wonderful guests.And to see them seeing everyones hard work..
Perfect hours.
Utility Person (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Unsupervised work.
Cons: No climate controlled warehouse.
I really liked the atmosphere and the guys I worked with. It was just very unfortunate that a family health issue ended my employment.
Great Place to serve
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 27, 2015
At my location we were all so close with each other. The tips are good and the business was consistent. Management could be questionable but its food service so no shocker.
good work environment
Waitress/ Hostess/ Cashier (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: half off lunch
Cons: worked based on tips
Great work environment. Flexibility for college student, management was eager to work around school schedules. This company offered good benefits even for part time employees. Easy to pick up or get rid of shifts if need be.
Server and Busser (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Half priced food, flexible hours
Excellent place to work with extremely flexible hours. Understanding work environment and allows employees to be cross trained at their request. Work environment creates the ability to form relationships with your coworkers.
Poor work environment
Customer service (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJuly 25, 2015
The work environment here was negative and unorganized. The lack of teamwork made the job difficult and the guests suffered.
fun working place
Server (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 25, 2015
fun
you learn about wine all the time
very patience
fun to work with
all tables with the same order soup and salad refills
making money
It onces was a great company...
Server (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: not much....
Cons: Pay and Clientele
If I could help it I would never go back to Olive Garden... Good job to learn the steps of service... Most of the services are lazy and can perform their own duties correctly....

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more

Olive Garden Salaries