Olive Garden
1,702 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

Good Workplace
Salad/ Bread (Current Employee), QueenCreek,AzSeptember 18, 2014
Good work Experience in meeting new people and learning new things.
fast paced work environment
Food server (Current Employee), Redding, CASeptember 17, 2014
learned how to communicate with customers, and take care of their needs, how to work well in a team environment. Also learned that i do not need a title to be a leader in the workplace. cash handling experience, I'm one of the key employees there. Hardest part is when we can't make an unsatisfied customer happy, or when management does not back me up. – more... Most enjoyable part of the job is ownership over my own work. – less
Productive place, High volume.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fun enviorment if you ask me .
Cons: call outs and not getting the same respect as you give.
Like every job, you have days that are better then most. I have had more good days the bad days at Olive Garden. The co-workers really try to pull through as a team and get the job gone.
not the same store that opened
server (Former Employee), Lake City, FLSeptember 16, 2014
The "family" atmosphere of the opening crew is gone. The new manager is not like the old manager. Comaradirie is not the same. Nothing is consistent.
Olive Garden
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bethel Park, PASeptember 15, 2014
Company has some nice benefits for full time staff members. Opportunities for advancement were not plentiful
flexible hours
Server (Current Employee), Rogers, ARSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay is determined by tips. hourly rate is only $2.63 per hour
It's an ok entry level job. Not really a career, advancement opportunities are limited. Decent money for part time hours. Drawbacks are lack of management or poor management. Many times managers are to lazy or unwilling to address complaining guests leaving you to resolve the situation yourself.
One big family at Olive Garden
Busser (Former Employee), Boardman, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches, friendly environment, plenty of hours, good pay
What I did for my job is bus tables. Even though the job was demanding I had all my friendly co-workers and friendly managers to help me out. Whenever I needed help they did not hesitate to help me out. I enjoyed the environment and how we were all basically one big family there.
cool
Server (Current Employee), Stoughton, MASeptember 15, 2014
people are fun
i like serving/waitressing
very clean
i dont have much else to say but indeed won't let me save
Entry level server who learned the ropes of the job and more.
Server (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, diverse interactions with guests and employee meals.
Cons: management, certain rude guests and shortage of staff.
I started at Olive Garden in September of 2012. I had no experience with waitressing and was a bit intimidated in the beginning. I trained for a week with one other young lady and was trained in the food, beverage and alcohol menu. I started out with two tables and eventually advanced to three being that is the highest number of tables we're supposed – more... to have. I eventually understood why we only had three tables due to the popularity of our " Unlimited Soup, Salad & Breadsticks" deal. I only work morning shifts so the soup and salad is very high in demand seeing as guests are on lunch breaks and want something that can get them in and out. As the years have gone on, I've learned a great deal about becoming more outgoing, social, better with communication and dealing with my peers whether they're co-workers or guests. I've also learned about the not so great things about being a server such as dealing with rude guests, incompetent managers and sometimes feeling like my life revolves around the company, being demanded so much from the company yet, not feeling like I am of importance to the company. I take it one day at a time and try not to look at OG as being a super terrible place. I'll continue to work at OG until I can find something that challenges me more and helps steer me towards my actual career. – less
productive and fast pace workplace
Waitress (Current Employee), city of industry, caSeptember 12, 2014
The restaurant can become very busy at times, most of the time on the weekends, it can become very hectic at times being a waitress. I've learned how to become quicker at serving and making guests happy and not have them feel rushed when they are dining. Managers can be very helpful at times when it becomes busy in the restaurant by bringing out the – more... entrees for guests and checking if their visit is going well. The most enjoyable part in working at Olive Garden, are my coworkers. Its what makes it fun working there, they become family and close friends and everyone contributes into helping one another. The job consists of multitasking, which was hard on me at first, but with practice I believe I have mastered it and I like the part of being kept busy it makes the time go by quicker, and its better then standing around doing nothing. – less
Working at Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: amazing atmosphere
Cons: pay wasent great
Typical day was great, and fun environment. I learn that at any place i have worked a lot of my time was dedicated in team work! My managers were very knowledgeable, very helpful and polite. My co-workers were also very helpful, and never questioned me if i needed help with anything. They always had positive attitudes. Hardest part was if i got a negative – more... review which was one time. I don't like failing. My day was enjoyable knowing that when customers took time out to right good reviews and that i succeeded at making there experience amazing. – less
Fun Work Environment
Waitress (Current Employee), Onalaska, WISeptember 12, 2014
OG being a corporate restaurant has lots of standards to follow, but overall the management and coworkers made for a fun shift!
great place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: cool ppl
Cons: low hours
the most diverse staff I have ever worked with. they offer paths to promotion regularly and make work fun.
Fast Paced Job with Good Hours
Line Cook (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: discount from darden, friends, managers
Cons: no breaks, pay
The job is good. I dislike that EVERYONE speaks Spanish and not a lick of English. The managers know what they are doing. We always have MITs coming to train. Its EXTREMEY fast paced and sometimes very stressful but you eventually get used to it. I do love my job. Its fun and youre always busy. Decent pay. Overall I would recommend.
Fun people, great atmosphere
Food Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 10, 2014
Very busy everyday. Enjoyable co-workers. The hardest part of my job working a party of 10 or more
Mellow environment
Host (Former Employee), Buena Park, CASeptember 10, 2014
Met new faces, new friends and loved my job. The management wasn't the best, sometimes unprofessional.
great management
server (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: not enough hours
awesome place to work great management fun, would never leave this job
Don't do it
Culinary Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MISeptember 9, 2014
Worse company to work for, no quality of life. Soup, salad and breadstick nightmares still. Most managers will concur
Great work culture
Server (Current Employee), Oswego, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off food before or after shift, great people
Cons: dealing with rude customers with a smile
My coworkers and managers are great to work with but customer service has ups and downs. I learned more about how to handle new situations with guests. I practiced my multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
caotic
Culinary Assistant/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Chapel Hills, VASeptember 7, 2014
It felt like there was no forecast for day. Learned that teamwork makes a restaurant more fun to work at. Management was affraid to make their hands dirty and under schedule regularly. co-workers needed to be kept on track nice people. it was difficult having too much to do with no time given. experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more