Olive Garden
2,349 reviews

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Inmates have more rights than the employees here
Lead Host (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Fun co-workers
Cons: Incompetent, hostile management.
Because this is a restaurant the environment is extremely hectic, however this was exacerbated by the hostile management that ran the establishment like a prison yard.
Server (Current Employee), Turlock, CAJuly 2, 2015
Feels great leaving work everyday with cash on hand. Unlimited soup, salad, and bread will slow you down and drive you crazy. Enjoy succeeding with great customer service. Love the people I worked with.
Fun and Active Job
Waiter (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Food
Cons: Soup and Salad
Typical day at work included:
Greeting customers,
Making lots of soup and salad,
Side work,
Rushing during lunch and dinner,
Getting to know great customers.
I learned alot about myself and customer service. It takes patience and humility to serve other people.
Co-worker are one of the best parts about the job and management tries their hardest too.
Great Food
Server (Former Employee), San AntonioJuly 1, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed the training that was incorporated with Olive Garden. Very informative. The trainer was awesome enough to take the training materials slowly.
Inventory,scheduling, team building
Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free Manager Meals, Bonus program
Cons: Eat on the run, long hours as a Manager
Inventory control, scheduling. Team building, and customer relations. My hardest part was, getting the employees to take owner ship, pride in they're day work.
I enjoyed the learning and growth with the company, and of course pay and food!
Very Great Workplace
togo specialist (Current Employee), winchester, vaJune 30, 2015
Pros: 50% when getting food at work after you have works
Cons: not enough hours sometimes
A typical day at work I would say I enjoy it. Management is great and they care about your life and the struggles you have. Everyone that I work with, with exceptions of a couple people are really nice and easy going. I enjoy my coworkers the most at my job and have made really long life friends there.
Once you're here, your'e family... forever.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Norman OkJune 30, 2015
Pros: Loved the crew I worked with.
Cons: Management was incredibly snobby.
I loved working for Olive Garden. It just felt that in time you couldn't do anything. I felt that I couldn't think outside the box and try for something new. I also felt that I couldn't do anything else once on the inside. Management was immensely cruel and closed minded.I think they thought that at Olive Garden they were so much better than everyone just by wearing an Oxford down shirt, or a pair of dress slacks. This doesn't apply for all the Olive Garden's I worked at, but basically if you don't want me to improve, don't ask me to strive for it. I was burned on several occasions at this job due to extremely high standards, when it was just a chain restaurant serving pre-conceived pastas with little technical value at all.
A Typical Resturant Buisness
HOST (Former Employee), Eastpointe, MIJune 30, 2015
The work day of a host started out simple. Rolling silverware, preparing the computers, inputting the daily areas into the computers. Cleaning up sections, assigning servers to their tables, and most importantly greeting our guests with smiles and warm welcomes. We greet, escort, ask for drink orders and then return to our post at the front.
Great Place to work
Asst Service Mgr(ServerHostBusserBartender) (Former Employee), Florence, ALJune 30, 2015
Pros: upbeat work environment, staffing and good hours
Cons: no benefits, short breaks
it was a great job...learned a lot about customer service and expectations from working there. Also was the best boss i had ever had very caring and understanding but ruled with an iron fist at the same time. Everything ran smoothly and efficiently and money was easily made because of it.
Good work place for college students
Service Professional/ Manager (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Making cash tips as a server
Cons: income not sercure
Fun environment, flexible hours and schedule. Co workers are a very helpful. Tips aren't that great, customers are rude and demanding
Felt like working with Family
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 28, 2015
Extensive training and excellent management
This company gives a week of training including food tasting so you can be knowledgeable about the product you are selling. Their trainers are fantastic.
You are paid for the service you give to customers by means of tipping. This can be difficult when you provide the same level of excellent service to all tables but don't get compensated fairly by all tables. Pay can be inconsistent for this reason, but that is not the fault of the company, it just goes along with the job title.
All servers and host team helped each other. This company has great energy and a great mindset.
Used to be a great company
Server (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYJune 28, 2015
Used to be a wonderful company to work for with many perks that most restaurants did not offer. i.e.- vacation pay, health insurance Many changes occurred to save the company money, resulting in low moral for employees.
Great staff! Fast paced work!
Server (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYJune 26, 2015
Some of the management could be improved.I love working with the people though. The other servers are generally a riot and the environment is good. I love how fast paced I generally work when the business is at its peak but the restaurant has lost its novelty and business is not as good as it used to be.
I enjoyed working for Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLJune 26, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Olive Garden. It was a family and everyone worked as a team to help each other. I strongly recommend this place of business to work.
Fun and very professional place to work
Certified Trainer, Server, Hostess (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHJune 26, 2015
This was a fun place to work and I was fortunate to learn a lot about excellent customer service and how to provide it. I also learned to be very fast paced with my responsibilities. Overall, great place to work.
uncoordinated and unprofessional
Server (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 25, 2015
I've learned how to really push emotions to the side and fake happiness with people. The management is never on one accord so things are day to day there. The hardest part of the job is having to smile when things are never flowing right there. The most enjoyable part of the job is my great co-workers.
already reviewed
Server (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: great people and great food
Cons: hard work
great place to work, great people great food, upbeat, very hard work but worth it for the money I made. great management great money to make here
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVJune 24, 2015
I had a very good experience working for this company. The management and team were very helpful and very kind. I first started to work as a server but they thought that I was more useful in the back of the kitchen and I really loved being there.
productive and a fun place to work at, everyone is like a family
Hostess (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2015
the management at olive garden is the best and friendliest i have ever worked with , the managers are very friendly and treat you like a friend and are very understanding, they always have smiles on theirs faces when greeting us at the door in the mornings.
Met many great people, great learning experience
Server/Busser (Former Employee), Rohnert Park, CAJune 23, 2015
Promoted to server based on my outgoing personality and strong work ethic.

Trained bussers to execute tasks quickly and efficiently.

Multi-tasked to provide guest satisfaction and consolidated with team members at all times to execute tasks.

Processed transactions and reconciled cash drawer with accuracy
maintained clean and safe environment at all times

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more

Olive Garden Salaries