Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 3,298 reviews matching the search
High paced work environment that could use some assistance with employee treatment.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2016
It's a high-paced work environment that provides great opportunities for learning to handle different people, scenarios, and tasks. However, the treatment of employees from guests and staff alike can make it very stressful and unpleasant.
I love to serve people.
Server (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 15, 2016
My experience at Olive Garden as a whole is great, because serving people a passion for me. The atmosphere is very competitive. It challenges me to be a better sales person.
Pros
Making people smile, cash pay
Cons
slow days
Management was always patient and helpful
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Had to be very alert and make sure your guests enjoyed their meals. Give service with a smile. I enjoyed meeting people and networking at the same time.
Pros
Eating the delicious food!
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes during lunch.
Still a nice resturant
Host (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Maybe it's which Olive Garden I was located at that made it not easy for me, but the scheduling was always a problem. Other than that it was a friendly environment.
Pros
great tasting food
Cons
how many hours are given
fun workplace
SERVER (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 15, 2016
file receipts, run errands, answer phones, schedule bids and estimates. fun place to work, business got slow. lots of phone calls, not much clientele in the office
great place to work
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 14, 2016
at my location had great managment team that knew how to run operations and we all stayed in communication was key always kept a positive tempo and if didnt know what to do all we did was ask everyone help eachother great team
Everybody worked together beautifully
Sauté Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2016
Id show up put apron on wash my hands Stock my station, and start dishing up orders. With olive garden I learned Consistency and persistency to a T. My co workers were very helpful
Ehh
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2016
It was pretty good. they just need to focus more on being considerate of other peoples time. they get upset when workers have a life outside of them, it came off as not being caring and understanding of other peoples needs.
Great part time job
Server (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 14, 2016
Managers will give you the shifts that you need to work around your schedule. If you work more, you will get better sections, and will make more money.
Pros
Money
Cons
Friendly, productive work environment!
Server/Host (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 13, 2016
Olive Garden provides a friendly environment not only for the guests but for the employees as well. The management works hard to make sure everyone is accountable and feels comfortable at work. The employees treat each other with respect and are helpful and understanding. I learned that servers depend on their tips and that great quality service is a top priority. As a host I've learned how it is to see the restaurant as a whole rather than just the tables you have. Hosting has helped me realize that everyone is important in delivering exceptional service to our guests.
Pros
$1 soup, salad and breadsticks for employees
Cons
No breaks
hospitality
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 12, 2016
a typical day would be. Go into work start cleaning and stocking the line, when needed i would pick a station to work at. and at the end of my shift i start closing duties. 'Ive gained more cooking expierence and skills. also i would like to improve in the food industry get to the top Management, friendly, kind to customers more involved in the FOH but BOH no structure nor communication. i get along with other co-workers. the hardest part of my job is trying to advance in the food industry with little help. the most enjoyable part of the job was my first year when everything ran nice. And there was a plan, structure, and communication.
Pros
%50 off meals at work, %25 off meals dining in
Cons
no healthcare, takes long time to advance.
Offers a great variety of benefits to employees
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Being a corporate company this business offers its employees an abundance of great health benefits as well as other types of benefits to ensure future financial security.
Awesome
Server (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 12, 2016
I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and work together as a team! Love the food and co workers really help each other out!
Great Postie Work Place
DMO (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYSeptember 11, 2016
At Olive Garden, I learned how to be even faster than I was at McDonald's. Being that I was already at McDonald's I was able to use this in the restaurant and only progress in my work ethic.
fast pace job you wont have much down time
Dishwasher/Prep Cook/Trainer/Closer (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHSeptember 11, 2016
here you are always going going going. supper friendly staff, always finding ways to make the days fly by and always wanting to make you day better
Pros
discounts benifets
Cons
hot work area in BOH
not that bad
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 11, 2016
Not too bad of a place to work. Management is a little over bearing and you don't get paid near enough for the pace and amount of work that is expected of you.
ok job
LINE COOK/TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 11, 2016
The job and possibilities are alright the management is just not concerned about anything but the bottom line and advancement is nearly impossible with current management.
Hostes
Host (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 10, 2016
An Okay Job not the best.. Not enough hours co workers are okay more young than old. So maturity level is not where it should be. Some workers are disrespectful.
Great place to work!
Hourly Employee (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IASeptember 10, 2016
I loved my time at Olive Garden, it felt like I was actually apart of something bigger than just the name. As a team we worked together and made it an excellent experience for our guests but also for our fellow team-members.
Pros
1/2 off food, Great management, Happy environment
Cons
Can be fast paced, faster than most can handle
Fun and very fulfilling
Certified trainer, server, Culinary professional (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 10, 2016
Love my time here, depends on the management how productive the team will be. They will stand behind their team members, which is a nice change. No real negatives, would recommend
Pros
Half Price Food, Flexible Hours
Cons
Short to no breaks on 12 hour shifts