Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 5,035 reviews matching the search
Fast paced server life
30 Hrs per week Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 15, 2017
I learned a lot about the service industry and back of house operations at a chain restaurant. The management was not consistent and constantly made work frustrating.
Pros
discounted food before and after shifts
Cons
no breaks, not allowed to sit down during shift
This was avery stressful place
Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 15, 2017
I hated this place so bad it was a terrorized place the manners were aholes I was sick throwing up and they made me come to work that's that for a food place for you
Low Hours Given
Hostess (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 15, 2017
I have been an employee for a month and a half and have only been schedule to work approximately 30 hours total, even though I was supposed to be work 10-15 weekly. This is going on the second week that I have not be on the schedule and my availability has not changed.
Pros
Half off meals before and after shift
Cons
little hours
great place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TX 75116September 15, 2017
I love it. It is a fantastic place to work it is thwe best place in the world to work i love it is awesome i wish everyone the best management is great\
Pros
great management
Cons
short breaks
fast paced
Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 14, 2017
It was a stressful place to work. the hours seemed to be long and you had to stand all the hours you are there.And all the other employees were foreign in the kitchen . The kitchen was very small ,you had to move to get product in the freezers and walk ins because the prep tables was right inside the door.
Pros
eat at a discount
Cons
kitchen too small for the business they receive
Worked there a while, been better
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 14, 2017
I worked for this company 10+ years. It started as a great and growing company. Over the years, the quality has dropped quite a bit. Not only with the product they are presenting, but with the requirements of management and staff. A few years back the company had a complete overhaul to attempt to lure back their lost guests, and it has not taken.
The originator
Server (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 14, 2017
Tough place to work because of all the unlimited items such as soup, salad and breadsticks. There is an inherent bond from all areas of the restaurant and it does feel like family. It is also worthy to note that the guests can be very difficult knowing that the OG will hand out gift cards like candy for anybody that complains.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Cheap customers
Fun Place to work
Host Server Delivery Specilist (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Everyone helps everyone here. If you need shifts covered its easy to get done. Tips can be good. Customers are sometimes rude but easily to talk it out to your co-workers.
Productive and fun working environment
COOK (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 14, 2017
There's always great work ethic, you develop great multitasking skills, and it's a very fast paced working environment. There's also very supportive managers.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts for family dinning
Cons
short lunch breaks
they have insurance
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 14, 2017
they have health insurance. you can make your own schedule so you don't have to worry about missing class they are always busy so you never have to worry about not making money
streeful and under paid
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 14, 2017
Try for a higher scale restaurant is you have to serve. Most won't tip fairly or will over seat and make it impossible to meet standards. They only care about making money.
Fun, friendly
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLSeptember 13, 2017
A place where your coworkers and managers treat you like family. I enjoyed working for this company and would work for them again. Managers work with you and help you grow not only within the company but they give you the tools you need in life to become a better person
good money
Server/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 13, 2017
its good if tou serve or if youre a bartender but be prepared to work pretty hard. doubles can be rough but in one double you can make like 150-200 in a busy day
Pros
25% discount if youre not working, 50% if you are
Cons
hardly any breaks, theyll work you to death
Steady income
Server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 13, 2017
I always like to keep Olive Garden on the back burner because they are SO flexible with my schedule. Even when I get a new job I go down to 1 day per week just so if anything happens at my other "real" job i'll always be able to pick up shifts if I need extra money. Managers are good for the most part. I've only disliked 3 managers and I've worked at 3 locations in different states.
Pros
Endless soup and salad for $1 before/ after shift/ when on break, flexible schedule, short shifts, $50-$120 per shift
Cons
A lot of guests are low class, people will run you to death for soup/salad refills even after their meal has arrived.
Fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Makes your day go by real fast, get to learn a lot about wine, and a challenging work place, the more wine you sell the more you stand out to management.
i love the environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJSeptember 13, 2017
So hard to make a living when they are slow. Some of the customers just don't understand 20% when it comes to tips. Hard to make good money when it is slow so you have to go home.
Pros
can make good money
Cons
can leave with nothing
Convenient job
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Can basically make your own schedule. Most of the people are easy to work with. Can easily pick up and give away shifts. A lot of running around especially with endless soup and salad.
A Fabulous Place to Work and Work for!!
Server/Bartender Trainer and Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 12, 2017
If my body would still allow me to work there and the would take me back I would be there in a blink of an eye!! Olive Garden wants to see you succeeded in whatever you want to do whether it be to move up in their ranks of go to college yourself so they will ALWAYS help with your scheduling needs.
Pros
50% your meal either before or after your shift and lots of room for advancement
Cons
Same with any restaurant job, it can tend to get gossipy like hivj school
Quick pace
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 12, 2017
Fun place to work at to be around family good pay love my job go to work claen area good pay paid vacation flexable schelude good mangmenet cant wait to move up at my job
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced, multitasking
Service Professional/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 12, 2017
olive Garden is a fast paced restaurant that requires the ability to multitask, be friendly, be able to sell specific menu items by suggesting, informing and endorsing, work as team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.