Olive Garden
2,053 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

Clean the resturant and the dishes of the resturant. Work in a fast pace environment.
Utility (Current Employee), Concord, NCFebruary 10, 2015
I have learn to manage other co-workers while ensuring that the job is completed adequately. I take pride in my job and always make sure that the job is done correctly and spotless.
Fun place to work, good co-workers
Certified Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Pineville, NCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: located near a mall
Cons: not enough hours
Located in front of a popular mall in Charlotte, busy place, tips not great, food quality not great. Management presence on floor was scarce.
Guests were generally nice but guests knew what they could get away with and would complain to get things for free.
Great company
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Victor, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Well run,considerate of personal time schedules and work well around your personal life.very,very professional and friendly and clean
great place!
Hostess (Former Employee), Oxford, ALFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Best place I ever worked! Loved it and the food!
Sometimes when we were on a wait or short of servers my job would get a little stressful but the co-workers and managers made it fun and enjoyable
Productive and Comfortable Environment
Prep-Cook (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: working early, getting great discounts on food
Cons: no breaks
My typical day at work is to ensure that every machine in the kitchen is working, clean and everything is arranged nicely. Ensuring that the food is fresh and stored correctly.Prep food every morning for the right amount of guests that come visit our restaurant.Conduct with food inventory. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.My Managers are very kind and understanding. They thrive for your future goals. What I have learned working here at the Olive Garden is to have patience and learn to communicate with others.
Fun at times and the people were great to work beside.
Certified Trainer/ Production/ DMO (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: food sampling
Cons: no break room for employees, expensive insur. low wages
Did my job efficiently ,learned to teamwork and communicate. . My coworkers were great . Although management was one sided we got things done. The most enjoyable part of my job was the appreciation I received from my peers......not the management.
Line Cook for Olive Garden
Line Cook (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, hot, very stressful when things are really out of hand
I got the opportunity to lead people with the position I was blessed with. A typical for me at Olive Garden would consist of me prepping food for the guest, making sure we always have hot items to serve, maintain a clean working environment.
Fast paced work environment while providing guests with a genuine Italian dining experience.
Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Serving guests during their visit to the restaurant. Taking their meal and drink orders along with providing them everything they need to enjoy their visit. Management and co-workers are always close by to assist with daily tasks and service. The toughest part of the job is honestly the physical aspect of it all. Being on your feet and running to the kitchen and to the floor with heavy trays. The best part of the job is being able to bring the best experience to the guest as possible and watching them enjoy their time with me.
Alot of young people worked here, it was a great work environment. Great temporary job, I wouldn't consider it a career type job.
Busser (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 8, 2015
I was a busser, so a typical day at work, would to be come in, set tables, fill ice machines, make sure everything was basically prepared and ready. Co-workers we're great, management wasn't the best.
Fun and stressful place to work
Busser/Server Assistant (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: customers
Taught me to think and act quickly. The co-workers were great and made me somewhat enjoy coming to work everyday.Hardest part was dealing with unruly customers.
Wonderful company to work for and be a part of.
Server (Former Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 6, 2015
Always felt like you were working with family. Great management: flexible with schedule and requests, very supportive. Most enjoyable part of working here was making sure the guests were happy and enjoyed their evening.
Easy going environment with excellent team effort.
Server/ Host (Former Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: job
Cons: short breaks, long day
Excellent workplace as far as teamwork. You have to be willing to get the the job done. Hours depend on the season as found in a any restaurant.
Flexible schedule
Server (Current Employee), Tracy, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: teamwork- flexibility
Cons: no scheduled time off
Managers are very helpful and understanding. Everyone works together very well as a team, even in the busiest moments you can still have fun at work.
wonderful and fun place to work.
Waitress (Current Employee), Manassas, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: 50% off on work shift
Cons: short break
I love working here because everybody is treating each other like a family. The most amazing about this work place is working as a team work, no one has left behind. Especially, on the busy day is on the weekend. I am looking for a carreer so I can make more money. This is a part- time job for me right now.
I have learned a lot being a sever and working in a restaurant environment.
It was a friendly place to work at that kept you going at a fast pace, most of the time.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Friendswood, TXFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day would consist of a team meeting which would cover the basics on our specials and expectations that night, whether we were expected to have a big party and where each of us are located in the restaurant that shift. I learned that communication and team work were the key element in having a productive shift. If not, then the shift can be an exhausting disaster. Hardest part of the job was keeping up the pace without falling behind on tables without losing the expected customer experience and excellent service.
Fast paced and fun
Head Hostess (Former Employee), Lawton, OklahomaFebruary 4, 2015
I was the head hostess, so I had the responsibility of the other host/hostess. I had to make sure servers were ready for another table and also maintaing a set time schedule to let our guests know how long it would be until they would be seated
Productive, fast paced work environment
Server (Former Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good management, great people to work with
- customer service based
-sales based
-co-workers for the most part work together
-tips based job
-management is great
-opportunity of advancement
-changing menu can be difficult to keep up with
-you can pickup shifts easily
Fun, friendly and flexible
Sales Person, Wait Staff (Former Employee), Huntington, WVFebruary 4, 2015
Darden is a wonderful company. I worked briefly for Olive Garden before I moved to Georgia. The staff and management was amazingly helpful and supportive. Scheduling is incredibly flexible. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to work for them again.
Fast paced enjoyable work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free meals money in pocket everyday
Cons: short breaks on double shifts
a day would start out by checking in with management and finding out about new specials and promos. then break off to assigned tables usually no more then 3 (4 to 8 top). customers would come in and get greeted and drink orders taken down. hostess would space time of tables being sat as to not overwhelm us by being sat all tables at the same time. drinks would be placed and orders taken down. orders would then be placed in the computer for chef to prepare. while food was being made i would get their salad or soup. management would be going by and greeting tables and taking care of unsatisfied customers. during the time guest would be getting refilled on drinks or bread sticks. After meal was placed and quality was assured check would be dropped at appropriate time.Management was great making sure the guest was satisfied with their dining experience. the hardest part of the job was being double or triple sat. this is called being "in the weeds". most enjoyable part was connecting with guest and knowing they enjoyed my service
good
Grill/Fry Cook (Current Employee), Warrensville,OhioFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: fun to work for !!+
Cons: lack of pay
great Company enjoy working for them pay could be greater then what it is and need some better managegment...............

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more