Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 3,687 reviews matching the search
great learning experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJanuary 14, 2017
Olive Garden always made sure the team members were aware of the menu and new entre`s coming on the floor, very educational about the history of the business and wine.
Pros
team members
Cons
managemnet
Great advancement at the start and then you wait...
Culinary Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Advancement:
Olive Garden is great at advancing their employees to know as much of the restaurant as possible. However, promises are often made for management that are not followed through. I have personally been told I will be considered for management for the past 3 years and have had only interviews after I left the company and came back.

Schedules:
Working in the back of house my schedules would change every week and I would never get 40 hours. Sometimes I would be scheduled mornings, have the afternoon off, and then come back for night shifts.

Working in the front of house is much more flexible. It is easy to pick up or give away shifts making it much more enjoyable.

Environment;
Fun people to work with, just don't wait for false promises.
Pros
Front of house scheduling is flexible
Cons
Back of house scheduling
Fast Paced Job
Server (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 13, 2017
This is a very fast paced job. You have to be able to communicate with the guest to ensure full satisfaction of their meal. Cash handling is a huge deal with this company. Since you're a server, you're required to carry large amounts of cash on you at your own responsibility. You have to be able to lift heavy trays with full entree's, which some are extremely heavy.
decent
Server (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 13, 2017
it was fine, one bad manager though, people that worked with me were great, the people I worked with were very family oriented workers
Nice place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJanuary 13, 2017
I had 3 years serving experience with this company learning a lot about wines and how to [air them with meals. The atmosphere was a fun upbeat casual dining type of place.
A decent Job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 13, 2017
It was not a bad place to work. I was just disappointed with the performance reviews. When I was given my first performance review I had a starting point of where I was at and what I needed to work on within the company. After 6 months of striving and working to better myself in the designated fields I needed to improve on I was presented with another performance review. When I sat down and saw what my ratings were I was shocked to see that nothing had changed! It was as if the managers had just copied and pasted the last one to the the current one. I left that day because it seemed that no matter how hard I worked or tried I was clearly going nowhere...
when your here your family
Culinary Professional (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 12, 2017
internal promotion is a very unusual process. clean and well run kitchens. the servers are given very minimal work, and duties to do other than waiting small three table sections
teamwork oriented & fast paced. Wonderful place to work & make great friends who treat you like family!
Service Professional/Certified Trainer/Server (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Every day is literally a new day at the Olive Garden. You learn something new everyday & improve and better yourself and provide that flawless dining experience for your guests. Positive work environment. great relations with employees and management. I totally love the management & team members!
My employment with og is been a wonderful journey thus far!
Pros
hard work pays off. you are in it to win it
Cons
working weekends & holidays takes away the quality of your life but the business
its an ok first job
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 12, 2017
management is pretty demanding because it's a nicer restaurant, never really had any problems besides making sure everything is clean and tidy for the customers.
Fast paced, fun working environment.
Host (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJanuary 11, 2017
I walked in, clocked in put on my headset, talk with other hosts/hostess to see what's going on and if there are any parties coming in.
I learned how to roll silverware and communicate better with people.
The management was good, but sometimes they didn't always communicate so they would schedule people on the same days instead of spacing it out.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with everyone at fist but I got the hang of it.
The most enjoyable part was talking to and meeting new people.
Pros
Fast paced (depending on who you are), team oriented, good pay, get to meet new people.
Cons
Lack of communication, asked to do things that isn't your job, cleaning the women's restroom when there are female hosts there to do it, management not strict enough with lazy employees.
Fast pace, great servers, hosts and management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2017
I loved working here, it was a great learning experience and everyone on staff was helpful and the managers treated us very nicely. The place was very clean and hours were flexible.
Good Place for experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Was going to culinary school at the same time of working there so it was great that they worked with my schooling schedule which changed every three months.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible scheduling, learn basic culinary skills
Cons
Full time not availble, no benefits
Fun & family oriented
Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 11, 2017
Truly felt like family working there! Excellent deals for not only the guests but employees as well. Food was almost always on point and your receive holidays off.
Pros
50 percent discount for employees, flexible schedule, great potential in income
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
great place
Head Waiter/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 11, 2017
This is a great first place to work for anyone looking to learn how to multitask as well as move up in a great workplace. it will treach you the proper terms and serving techniques required in even more prestigious restaurants
Good for college students
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 11, 2017
worst part of the job is the customers. they are usually cheap and and want everything for free and try to eat as much salad and bread as possible some times managers can be idiots but most are professional
Busy work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 10, 2017
I was a waitress, bartender, line cook, host and to go specialist in the the three years I was employed here. I loved the fast pace environment and making sure my guest were happy and well taken care of.
Very loving place, Really feels like you're a part of something.
Hostess/To-Go Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 10, 2017
While working for Olive Garden you can't let them walk all over you, and by them I mean the managers. They are notorious for scheduling you out of your availability and working you over your hours. VERY flexible hours but very tedious and physically and mentally exhausting work.
Pros
Great working environment and a lot of fun with the right people.
Cons
Too many long hours for not enough pay.
Good Food but terrible work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 9, 2017
Working there was terrible. The favoritism was a big problem as well as enforcing the rules. Keeping employees up to date on new things could have been a better priority.
bad hours, bad pay
Server (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 9, 2017
3 table sections. 4 hour shifts. Unless you have all 3 tables turning rather quickly, you wont make any money at Olive Garden. I love the staff and the family I made working there, however.
Pros
$1.08 soup and salad when you work.
Cons
No smoking on property anymore, lifting 40lb trays with one arm.
Fun and active work environment
Server/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 9, 2017
My coworkers, for the most part, were fun and friendly. The management team was super energetic and animated. I looked forward to going into work everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.