Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Productive and Fast Paced
Host, Busser, Server (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 9, 2017
Love the fast paced job, and staying on my toes. Plenty of people to help each other with tasks. The most enjoyable part would've been the guests (people that I took care of as a server).
Productive, fast-paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 9, 2017
I learned how to multi-task and work as team member to provide excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job was unlimted breadsticks and salad refills
sss
Server (Former Employee) –  BoiseNovember 9, 2017
Great place to work. I loved working there part time while going to school. I am not sure why do I have to do this but whatever you people want. I just a job.
fast pace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FL 34461November 8, 2017
great place to work. its fun and you learn alot about working as a team and customer service. Management is great and very flexible. They do alot for charity.
That is a good place to work
PERCOOK (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 8, 2017
I work for them an I had a good time working with the peoplewho work there they showed me what a good work place is all about so place come an see how
Horrible manager high school like environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed meeting the staff we were the team of Olive garden . Manager's are the most unprofessional, immature individuals I have ever meet. Hot heads. No help to team go to a different Olive garden !
Pros
Half off food when working, good location.
Cons
Bad management, lack of help. Poor tips on lunch.
Good place to work if you have another job
Olive Garden Server (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDNovember 8, 2017
All around good place to work. On some days it can get pretty busy and crazy. You have to pace yourself when you are busy. It can get pretty busy some nights. The management are there to help and there is a good productive culture amongst the servers.
Pros
Great food
Cons
no benefits and very little pay
Being a Server
Certified Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 8, 2017
I enjoy working at Olive Garden because of the wonderful and caring people that I work with. Co-workers easily become your friends at Olive Garden and it helps to get through a hectic work day. The guests' can be rude at times, but the workplace culture always makes it better.
Good Part time job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2017
This was not a \bad pace to work for a temporary job. I was a hostess for a few months, just to make extra cash. The management always works with you and your schedule.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
Pay could be better
Waitress life
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Derby, KSNovember 7, 2017
Olive Garden can be a great place to work. You can make decent money but your income is based on tips. The people I work with are fun and enjoyable and the managers are very helpful!
Pros
you work little hours
Cons
your pay is based on tips and I work evenings so I don't get to see my famiy ofter
life balance is poor
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2017
they did not care if you were sick or just in a car wreck they had no sympathy or empathy. Worked you 60 plus hours no overtime and if you had a doctors note to be off work to recuperate a sickness you were still required to work.
Amazing management, stressful environment
Busser/Host (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 7, 2017
its almost always busy! we always make good enough money as well. the managers are super nice and understanding. The employees are friendly, we all consider each other as family.
Pros
free food for training, 50% off on food
Cons
steady work
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MINovember 7, 2017
Quick-paced, high stress environment, customer service, cash handling,advanced communication skills used on guests and staff.Multi-tasking is a must in this work environment,
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
no roomfor career advancement
Fun place to eat and work
Server Assistant/Busser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2017
I loved working there! You get to meet new people every single day and you make tips and who doesn't like tips? The atmosphere could get a little stressful during holidays, but it makes the day go by faster.
Pros
food
Server
Food Industry worker/ Server (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 7, 2017
I worked at Olive Garden as a Server. I enjoyed most of my time there. It was a stressful job and very hard on your body. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Not worth it
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 7, 2017
Hiring managers for this company have no consideration for their workers personal lives. When i worked for this company everyone (except for a few) done numerous drugs i the restaurant and in the parking lot.
Server/Bar Tender (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 7, 2017
The Olive Garden was one of my favorite restaurant jobs. Management is selected and trained to be the best in the business, by the best in the business. All of the staff are trained and tested before they are put on the line or the floor by themselves and there is an atmosphere of helping each other out and providing the best of everything to everyone around you. Not just the guests, but the rest of the staff and the managers as well. They have high standards, and provide you with all of the tools and resources you'll need to match them.
Pros
The entire experience
Great starting job
Host (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILNovember 6, 2017
Olive Garden is a great starter job to get your foot in door to other careers. I learned how to set up my direct deposit, how to maintain professional relationships with managers, and interpersonal relationships with guests.
Great work place to gain experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 6, 2017
Loved every aspect of this job. From the training classes (got to eat food) to wine pairing. Gaining knowledge and understanding the different types of pasta as well as all the differences between the wines. Excellent job for those who are outgoing as well as with anybody whom may need a flexible schedule while attending school or need specific times off. A fast paced environment for those who are not so easily overwhelmed and are able to multitask. Help develop a teamwork mentality and learn great work ethics. All while providing and interacting with guest and being paid nightly with tips earned through working and making your guest enjoy their visit.
Pros
discounts on items ordered, flexible schedules, great work environment
Cons
Shifts are not set, must constantly look up work schedule as is will change day to day
fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 6, 2017
got to work with many different people, nice and caring coworkers and management team, good team work, flexible hours, ability to move around in different positions.
Pros
flexible hours, nice work environment
Cons
tips were not stable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.