Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 4,109 reviews matching the search
review
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAApril 10, 2017
i worked at Olive Garden for a month. the time i was there i enjoyed the managers, and the co-workers the process was great the speed of work was great as well although i didnt get that much hours due to having so many hostess it was a great experience.
Great college job
Server (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTApril 10, 2017
Working as a server was an easy job during my time in college. Flexible scheduling, easy money, and great coworkers. I enjoyed my managers, especially since they rotate shifts so much that you'll never spend too much time with someone you dislike
Good job if you don't mind cooking labor.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 10, 2017
Good pay good hours, bad managers and ethics. This is a good company to work for, they take care of employees, but while on the clock it's another story.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Very laid-back, fun workplace.
Host (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 10, 2017
Pretty laid-back environment, flexible hours and good pay for easy work.Only bad thing is that the shifts can be short, so paychecks aren't always enough. You do get paid every week.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Short shifts
Hectic place to work. Poor management
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2017
This is a place with a very high turnover for a reason. Management was always poor while I was there and it did not seem to be better at other branches from talking with co-workers.
love meeting new poeple
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 10, 2017
working with team members and meeting new people to bring a smile to them as far as my company it has grown a lot and more people come in to olive garden to receive great service.
Amazing company!
Bartender, Trainer and Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland, LAApril 10, 2017
Darden is an amazing company. The values and culture are top notch. There is plenty of room for advancement and is part of their culture to do so. They always prefer to promote from within, rather than rather than hire externally. Great benefits from day one. The opportunities are endless. You have the opportunity to travel to different countries and help open new restaurants, win trips to Italy, etc. Definitely a place to feel at home.
Pros
meal programs & insurance
Not bad, not great
Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 10, 2017
I enjoy working here, but management needs to get it's act together. They're constantly contradicting each other, or not communicating with eachother.
Pros
Free food, or discounted food. Darden is a great company with perks
Cons
hectic everchanging schedule
fun place to work
Hostess, to go specialist , running wndow (Current Employee) –  Walker, MIApril 10, 2017
i earn 9.50 an hour and learned great customer service. Management is great. the work culture is so friendly. the hardest part of the job is you have to get the food out to the guests under 12 min tickets or the manager gets mad at you.
Pros
great food, great work place
Cons
shorter hours and did not become a server
Hard work ahit pay
Busser/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Diberville, MSApril 10, 2017
Hard. Working for it butif you do it right it can help you through tough times. It has helped me make rent and get out on my own. Its hard on the back but ok entry job

Want to know more about Olive Garden?

Ask a question
Productive Work Place
Host (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 9, 2017
I love working at Olive Garden, I love hosting I love helping people and I'm glad friends and family can come by and enjoy their meal. I've learned many things while working here and i think i can bring what i learn to a new company.
Pros
half off food while working
Cons
short breaks
Great place
Server (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 9, 2017
Great job to put myself through college.I managed tables and was a host for a short amount of time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude guests.
Great company
Host (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TX 77546April 9, 2017
Olive Garden was my first job in the history of ever. It was pretty cool! I was working as a host and it was cool to interact with a lot of different people.
Pros
Cool, fast-paced environment
Cons
Too little pay
work
Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXApril 8, 2017
This was a great place to work. The people are all like family. The food is wonderful and employees receive a generous discount. The management was very encouraging.
Great work place
Culinary Professional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2017
Great work place fun environment. Volume may be a bit tough to handle at times but as long as you are hard working task are usually pretty easily completed.
Great work culture
Host/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAApril 8, 2017
Pay isn't the best and management goes either way, but the work culture here is mostly pleasant and I made a lot of friends. The work isn't too bad and it can be fun.
Pros
Good work culture, pay is okay, free drinks and food discount
Cons
Short or no breaks, long hours, understaffed at times, some management is poor
Its ok place, managment not that great
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 8, 2017
Its ok just not enough hours. I like working here but schedule is not reliable. Would be nice to have more days to work but something is wrong with this place management is shaky.
Pros
Have to pay for workers food
Decent money, emotionally stressful and physically tiring
Certified Trainer/Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  UtahApril 7, 2017
Serving is emotionally exhausting. But the money is ok and the job is mentally easy. Company policy is to throw free food/gift cards at the customers any time they decide to be unsatisfied, encourages bad customers to return. I've worked in other locations and the customer base is less trashy and that wasn't bad, but my current location is in a garbage city with trashy people, so it's not fun. It's really busy though, so the money is better. All in all, an unfulfilling job that does ok at paying the bills.
Pros
Discount, always come home with cash
Cons
no hourly pay
It's a good place to work
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNApril 7, 2017
It's a good place to work, good atmosphere and staff. The place is well ran but there are a few issues. The management is good it just seems at times they don't know what's going on and they don't go by their employees availability.
Teamwork
Server (Current Employee) –  IdahoApril 7, 2017
This is a very fast paced environment. It can get frustrating at times but overall it is fun and you make good money. Olive Garden is very flexible with your scheduled.
Pros
Dollar soup and salad
Cons
Busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.