Olive Garden Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,012 reviews matching the search
A great place to become a better server.
Server, To Go Specialist, Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34102May 3, 2016
Olive Garden to me is one of the best training grounds for becoming a better server. This job was the most difficult jobs I ever had in terms of serving, but I became a better server because of it. A typical shift is having 3-5 tables, and the most challenging was serving soup, salad, and breadsticks. It's challenging because you constantly have to refill portions at least 2-4 times, and in many instances more, for each table, not including drinks. So, you're constantly running back and forth between the kitchen and your tables without much time to take a breath. This place is mostly all about turning tables quickly. Accuracy, timing, and thick skin are all necessary for a job well done here. I enjoyed my time here, but I want to find something a little less demanding, and quite frankly, any other serving job aside from this place is easier.
Pros
Great training.
Cons
Serving soup, salad, and breadsticks.
Fun Place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIMay 3, 2016
My typical day at work consisted of running back and forth on the line to cook a bunch of dishes everyday. I learned that in the food industry it takes a lot of patience to make it. Some of the management was ok others were not that great. Some of the coworkers were cool but a lot of them had negative attitudes. The hardest part of the day was trying to finish my work before my work day was up.
Not worth the hassle
BARTENDER/SERVER (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAMay 1, 2016
Great for college students. Management has no care for employees. They only care about advancing further in the company by any means necessary.
Olive garden
Host/ Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 1, 2016
Good place to start a career not something you need to do for the rest of your life unless you are getting into management.
ok place
Dishwasher/Food Prep /Pantry /Host (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEApril 29, 2016
the management team is good and bad depends who u got . the managment turn over is really uick so u never get use to one manager and when u do they leave to go to another store.but thier is always room to lean something new in the kitchin as the say the sky the limit
Pros
once and a while you get a free meal of ur choice
Cons
fast turn over rate
Great! Very fun environment to work in.
Hostess, Oct (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 28, 2016
I did like working at Olive Garden, because the people were amazing. It was more of a relaxed environment, very fun and enjoyable. However the scheduling was erratic. For weeks it was the same schedule and it worked. Then the schedule would change by the week. It was hard to adjust when this would happen. I prefer a set schedule at all times. I wasn't getting as many hours as I would like. The weekly paycheck was nice, if you don't have bills.
Pros
50% off your meal, and my co-workers were great.
Cons
Arguments about who was going to be phased out first, customers complaints would always come to the hostesses, and we aren't able to control any of the servers and service.
patients is a must for waitress positions
Waitress, Togo Specialist, Hostess (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 28, 2016
A typical work day, check in with host or manger on your table section table section is rotated by your work experience. Assist tables with happiness and welcoming personality attend at every need or the best of your ability.
what I've learned is the importance of organization, multi-tasting, and customer service.
Managers are friends understanding and always willing to help.
Hardest part of job is having to be patient, with customers, co workers, and my self.
enjoyable part of my job is my collies and great rewards from guest, aka.tips
Pros
tips, flexible schedule.
Cons
little to no breaks, no raises, no benefits.
Okay place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL 34987April 28, 2016
A job that is used as a stepping stone. This job does not understand the other responsibility that an individual may have.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Not understanding of family life.
productive workplace with friendly staff.
Server (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILApril 28, 2016
I would come in we would switch positions every 3 hours, so you would not be stuck in the same position all day. I learned so many new things and was still learning when I left, the management was great in the store and in the pharmacy. This job was not east it was not one of those jobs where there is a training week, you get thrown in and learn as you go. I love the fast pace and your always doing something new.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Not being able to help someone.
Olive Garden
Busser (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTApril 28, 2016
Bussing tables and helping servers. I enjoy moving at a fast pace. I help the host seat guest but sometime it becomes a pain.
Pros
fast work pace
Cons
Not alot of days/ hours
efficent work enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 27, 2016
Working at Olive Garden was a great work experience. Great team-work, good communication and very flexible. I worked as a server, the best part about the job would be the opportunity to interact with new people everyday.
productive work environment, physical work
Training (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2016
Friendly environment everyone is kind Experienced workers help and show me the most efficient, right way to get the job done
Pros
Friendly people, pay
Helpful in furthering my knowledge
Line cook/Back up (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAApril 26, 2016
While the work was often very labor intensive, I enjoyed feeling challenged. The management was very vocal in their encouragement to further my career within the company. Because I worked hard, I enjoyed that I was a very important person in the kitchen team. I was very close to becoming the new culinary professional, a position with more responsibility, but chose to go to school full-time in order to move. I learned to work hard under pressure and to never give up, no matter how far in the weeds I was. Eventually, the challenge of working in the kitchen got easier and I rose close to the top of the kitchen crew.
Great Place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 26, 2016
This company is a great place to work for. I love all the people I work with. Olive garden works well with scheduling and transferring to other Olive Gardens if you want to.
We're all Family Here
Server (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 26, 2016
Feels like family here however there is not a lot of job security. The job is easy to get done, fun, and rewarding. The front of house and back of house work well together. Management is okay and willing to work with most employees. Training is excellent and helps individuals become successful.
Pros
friendly co-workers and managment
Cons
low job security
Great customer service
Host/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 26, 2016
Olive Gardens main priority is for their employees to provide 100% guest delight. they take this very seriously! i was a Hostess at Olive Garden begin that i was not old enough to be a server. I enjoyed my close interactions with the guests. I took pride in setting the proper mood for a relaxed and enjoyable experience from the time they walk through the door to the time they left. After 3 months as a hostess i was promoted as a trainer; training all newly employed hosts. I thoroughly enjoyed working here!
Pros
Great friendly environment
Cons
slow progress; very little room for growth
Good Working Environment
Dishwasher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 26, 2016
It's a good place to get customer service experience , you can also get prepping ,cooking, dishwashing experience.....
Fast paced restaurant with great environment
SERVER/ BARTENDER/ Manager in Training (MIT) (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2016
Long hours, fast paced environment with many opportunities to maximize the effectiveness of the organization. Management team works well together to accomplish restaurant goals. Most enjoyed part of my day would be taking care or guest providing them with a great experience.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Competitive benefits
Nice environment, enjoyed location
Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2016
Nice location, enjoyed location, was seasonal, managers were fair and most customers were nice because they were enjoying vacation.
Pros
Nice location and management and environment
Cons
Seasonal
Great Place to Work, Feels like Family.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PA 19610April 25, 2016
I very much enjoyed working for Olive Garden. The management and team members made it feel like home. The only reason I have left was to further my career.
Pros
Pay, Work Environment
Cons
Unstable Pay