Olive Garden Employee Reviews

People don't quit companies.
FOH Manager (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WA 98188January 9, 2018
Work too many 6 to 10 days in a row, and 10-12 hour days. A typical day is busy, and always on the go. Would like to hear more praises and support from top management. Catch people doing something right goes a long way.
good place to work with great pay
work as a server (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 8, 2018
i worked as a server and i made a lot of money during my time of working. i would average any where from $600-$700 per week. The management for the most part was a good balance.
Pros
great location
Cons
some management
Friendly environment
Lead Hostess (Current Employee) –  Heath, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Management needs work and stealing has been an issue for years. Other than that it is a great place to work. I have a standard being a lead host the expect a lot out of me but the pay is not worth it.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
management
good place to work while in school
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 8, 2018
olive garden is a great place to work while in school. They worked very well with my schedule and making it not stressfull. The culture here is great between all of the employees.
Really busy and fast paced. They expect a lot of work for little pay.
LINE COOK | OLIVE GARDEN (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 8, 2018
That was the busiest place i have ever worked at in my 12 years as a line cook. Literally as fast as you move was how it was most of the time there. It made me a better cook being able to handle all that volume. They do emphasize teamwork and the management was great to me there. That place was just crazy busy, so a lot of the standard went by the way side. They also have great benefits.
Pros
Great benefits, managers are nice
Cons
real busy, old equipment
Fun, fast paced environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 8, 2018
Olive Garden is really fun to work at. Most of the time you are able to stay busy and get a lot done. The work is rewarding and the management always does their best to work with you.
Pros
Discounted food, easy money, nice environment
Cons
Not many benefits, little to no breaks.
Good College Job
Server (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Decent coworkers and managers. Allowed me to learn how to understand and work with difficult people, customers and coworkers. Great college job where you learn the value of work and the value of a dollar. The quick pace and stressful environment teach you how to make fast decisions that are best for everyone.
Fun if you like walking on eggshells
Bartender (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 8, 2018
Manangement is unfair, unpleasant, and unappreciative. They expect us to be happy-go-lucky while they stomp around yelling, and barking out orders, nitpicking at every thing we do. They do not stick up for their employees when customers are rude, or unjustly complain about things to get free stuff. They have no care for employees well-being, shown by writing you up when calling out sick, dr. Note or not, giving you a hard time if you don’t dare to drive in during a blizzard, or making sure you make money on your shifts, and even writing you up for walk-outs.
Job was not too bad
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Felt over worked for the amount of money they paid me. Was not allowed to really eat throughout the d ay, would have to pay to eat food. But the management team is not too bad
Cons
Short breaks, no free lunch, etc
Og can do better
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJanuary 7, 2018
I spent 2 years at all of garden and wasted 2 years of my life that has terrible management and they move up children Before people who's actually put in their time there
Pros
Money every day
Cons
Terrible management
Great restaurants to learn bout wines and food.
Server (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 7, 2018
The Olive Garden had a great training program. The management truly cares about their employees and help them become a better waiters/waitress at the restaurants. They work very close to make sure the customer is always please with their meals and overall experience.
Great place to work especially for first time restaurant experience
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 7, 2018
Great people, great atmosphere, fast paced, how much you make really depends on your own abilities, worked really well with school schedule, great about giving time off if needed
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 7, 2018
They are good on flexibility with your hours but some of the managers are not the best including the GM. The GM does not talk to his employees with respect nor does he care to change his ways!
It’s okay for starting out.
Trainer/Cook (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJanuary 7, 2018
worked at Olive Garden as line cook. .50 raise in five years. Poor management. No employee value. Most enjoyable part were the fellow employees were really like a big family.
Pros
Good start out job.
Cons
No advancement
I like this place
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2018
I think that the Darden is a great company to work for as far as benefits go. I was promised advancement opportunities in the company all the way to management. There is major favoritism simply comes with the territory.
Pros
Money
Cons
Bad Management
Bartender/Server/Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. The management is great to work for and it is a fun environment. I enjoy working in the bar and have been able to have hours to do that
Pros
fun place
Cons
some immature people who complain too much
Workplace is great but it is not for me.
Host (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 6, 2018
I think Olive Garden is a nice place to work at but I need to find a job that is going to pay me more and is more flexible with my availability. I love being a host but I just need a different environment. I feel like I would enjoy working at Olive Garden if I got paid more.
The management was awful
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 6, 2018
In my three years of working at Olive Garden, I did pretty much every front of house job from serve, to bartend and even host here and there, I did to go, catering, expo and food running. My general manager didn't care about his employees, The dishes were dirty, we constantly ran out of things. I wasn't properly trained on many of the jobs I was performing. I loved my coworkers, and when things ran smoothly over all I loved my job but the poor management drove me away.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
no breaks, poorly managed, rude guest, moody cooks, dirty dishes, under staffed
Great place to start in food and beverage.
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Olive Garden, Centennial Hills, NVJanuary 6, 2018
For me working for my current has been a good first food server experience. I've been in many different areas for restaurant work over the years, and I've come to learn to multitasking, prioritizing objectives, and team work, at Olive Garden. It is a busy franchise that relies on being able to provide a good, affordable family restaurant experience, thus we are almost always busy. The best parts of work are the bonds you make with co-works and guests. the worst part is the hectic nature of the work. Being a franchise we do more with less. As an individual you must know your stuff, be able to think on your feet, and be motivated to provide great experiences for guests, while providing assistance thought out the restaurant as needed.
Pros
Flexible hours, descent benefits.
Cons
High turn over rates, lack of real room for advancement
Love darden
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 6, 2018
Very good company to work for. Just wish that they put management in place where necessary. If instead where they live. But overall one of the best companys to work for.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Management staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.