Olson Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Culture of exclusion & self-absorption
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 8, 2016
Nobody who doesn't work directly with you will acknowledge your existence. If you try, introduce yourself, or any normal human act you get the dirtiest looks - very clique like high school. Virtually everyone there aspires to be the CEO, Margaret Murphy's, lap dog. If you're not kissing her you know what you'll be gone soon. It was pathetic & saddening how the VPs had all of their independent thought squashed. I initially worked on a client that was leaving (others followed suit & this end of their business was circling the drain). After less than one week I figured out the woman, Tricia, that I reported to was only looking for a scapegoat for the fact the her main client was out the door. She contradicted herself regularly, & once even threw me under the bus for presenting something she told me to do a certain way & the audience thought wrong. I hated every second I spent there.
Pros
Nothing whatsoever
Cons
Awful culture, work, & terrible location to commute to
Productive and Fun
Assistant Account Executive- Consumer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
Great company culture and awesome people! Everyone is nice and helps one another out. There is an awesome work life balance. The hours aren't usually long like most companies.

The pay could be better. I make less than most of my peers in the same industry and position.
Fun upbeat atmosphere
Freelance Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 29, 2015
A great place to work with fun people. Very helpful and organized.
There was always someone there for you when you needed them.
Overall great attitude with everyone I worked with.
Talented Loyalty and Marketing Firm
Senior Director 1to1 Analytics (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2013
Olson is a premier Marketing Agency with a strong entrepreneurial feel. Every member of the company is involved in delivering smart solutions to their clients.
shipping and receiving
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJuly 11, 2013
Verified quantities, box counts and loads of all incoming product. Made appropriate transfers in Vantage. Prepared/entered all necessary documents (i.e. packing slips, bills of lading, and purchase orders). Schedule carriers for delivery, scanned paperwork into system and send ASN’s after shipment leaves. Assisted with packing and sorting when necessary, loaded and unload trucks.
Enjoyed learning more about the Insurance Industry
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDJune 20, 2013
Working with customers to identify insurance needs, taking payments, computer systems work and binder and filing. Learning the commercial and consumer insurance business was interesting. Small team of a family based business, enjoyed the amount of learning and customer service focus. The hardest part of the job is when we didn't offer what a potential client needed and we would forward them on to somewhere else. Enjoyed the people side of this business the most.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No Health Insurance
Busy law office but relaxed atmosphere.
Legal Assistant and Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 17, 2013
It is a busy, fast paced office. I enjoy working with our clients. I've worked for one attorney for the past 17 years and he is currently
winding down his practice and will retire this year. He has been
very flexible which allowed me to spend quality time with my children and family. The hard part is that there is no health
insurance offered but I do have coverage through my husband's
employer.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no health insurance
Fun place to work.
Design Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 13, 2012
Long hours but rewarding work. Working in advertising means that you not only need to be good, but be fast as well. I worked with a handful of junior designers to develop strong design solutions.
organized
Trader/Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2012
free enviroment, fun placxe manangemnent was knowledgeble and undewrstanding great training