Olsson Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place, great boss and great team members
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 10, 2016
Great group of talented people dedicated in excellence in services they provide to their clients.Excellence in designing and engineering services.
Productive, fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2016
I learned a little bit from other departments. We always had fun at work. Management was very approachable. I was very involved in organizing company picnics, Holiday Party, etc.
Top 115 Engineering Co
Telecom Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 25, 2015
Good work environment
Good growth potential
Solid management in place
Very good project management training
Good internal communication
Very good benefits plan
problems
not important (Current Employee) –  omahaMarch 27, 2014
Olsson seemed ok at first, then you get the job and find out the real story.

I agree with “Unspectacular” above. Employees come last here. Olsson is focused on getting more and more from clients and gaining clients. Actually serving clients or providing quality service is not a priority (no follow through). I have seen employees that they have just overworked and burned out. I saw another get forced out because they just didn't like them even though they were great and a hard worker. When a position opens up, they can't seem to fill it either...unless it's in the office. If it is in the office it will get filled as soon as possible. Trying to help I even went out of my way to refer a friend and they screwed that up too. Sorry I went out of my way for them because it made me look bad to my friend.

If I had it to do over again, I would not work here. Almost zero chance of moving up and too much is expected for what you make and how much you are gone.
Pros
pretty relaxed at times
Cons
working with people that don't know what they are doing
Great company
Land Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2014
solid company to work for, people are friendly and willing to train if you want to make it a career.
A capable enginering firm
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 14, 2013
Work would normally consist of working on multiple projects out in the field. The best part about the job is working out in the field and it usually never the same repeditive thing, someting different.
Tightly knitted firm very family oriented to be a large firm.
ASSOCIATE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 15, 2012
The typical work day consist of project updates daily between all teams and clients. Either by phone,email or face to face. The management where updated on teams progress during weekly meetings. My co-workers where well organized and worked hard to accomplish project before projected due date. The hardest part of my job was resigning. The most enjoyable part of my job where reviews received for clients for a job well done.
Pros
bonus incentive
Unspectacular
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 1, 2012
Olsson seems to be a fairly typical civil engineering firm. While not a terrible company, I wouldn't say they stand out in any way either. The company is quite inefficient, and doesn't seem willing to make investments to improve productivity. Management seems rather inept when it comes to using foresight, or making important decisions when they are needed. The focus here really appears to center on extorting clients and exploiting employees. This is reflected by an extremely high turnover margin.

Olsson is too big of a company to write a fitting review that may really be applied to everything. Their team structure means that your experience here will really depend heavily on the quality of the team leader you work under. As management doesn't seem to push out poor quality team leaders, its your roll of the dice.
Pros
casual, friendly atmosphere.
Cons
poor quality product, lack of concern for employees.
OA Review
GIS Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 17, 2012
Great company to work for and great young professionals program. I would suggest OA to anyone.

2.9