Olsten Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

Staffing is nice, most jobs are ok, but...
CLERICAL (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 16, 2016
Olsten Staffing has a nice group of employees to work with, problem is Olsten Staffing with take work from anyone and will not stand behind you, as an employee if they send you on a position with a company who's management is less than professional. You are stuck at that job, if you quit they will deny you unemployment, even when you have asked to be placed on another assignment. Sometimes it is months between assignments.
First Real Job
Senior Engineering/Manufacturing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WIMarch 31, 2016
If the owner was still the owner, I would be a lifer, as someone once told me. This job was the best of the best. The owner cared deeply about each and every person that worked for them and instilled in them the priority of being ethical and honest in the temporary staffing world. Treat your customers and candidates with respect and care and they will give it back.
interesting work
Circuitry Inspector (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 17, 2016
Having worked with circuit design many years ago,I found it to be very interesting work. I especially liked finding engineering errors in a circuit design which was important before the process went any further thus costing the company money and time.
Pros
worked in a clean room, very clean area
Cons
very late overnight shift
very professional
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 28, 2016
The Myrtle Beach representatives are highly professional and very polite. I would recommend them to a friend.

The assignments that they gave me matched my skill sets. They were honest about the assignment expectations.
Pros
Convenient office location.
Cons
Would like more work assignments.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 12, 2016
I think it's absolutely wonderful!
I got to work at a few different places and they were both great! I got to see the inside of Subaru and how their vehicles are made!

I also got to work at Purdue Stadium for concession stand! It was a handful but it was truly amazing too!
A great place to work
Pay/Bill Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 4, 2016
It was a busy place and I learned I could do a lot more than I thought I could. The most enjoyable part of this job was after establishing a system of complicated billing, putting it down on paper. The hardest part was leaving due to a low salary.
Pros
Great opportunities, and a lot of fun
Cons
Low salary
Good company to work for.
Inspector and Sorter (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCDecember 2, 2015
Need to follow up on employees after sending them to work. Working as a temp is very hard people don't seem to care about you.
Seems as though you have to work harder to prove that you are capable of doing the job.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
No one values your hard work because you are just a Temp
It is a fun place to work.
Kitpack Helper (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 1, 2015
The management is very helpful in assisting with any questions you may have concerning payroll issues. They come to check up on you on the job some time.
Pros
Work overtime.
Cons
Co workers
Productive and easy work assignments
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJNovember 20, 2015
Every job assignment was pleasant as well as the staff. Learned some great multi-task skills on every assignment. All the job assignments were at convenient locations.
Productive place where you can obtain work with the right skills and timing
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 12, 2015
I love the job that I have, and there is great stability. However, I would love it more if they could offer jobs that would eventually turn into hired-on positions. The pay is competitive compared to other temp positions, but considering the fact that there are no benefits/paid time off/paid holidays, the pay should have been higher.
Pros
Stability and full-time work schedulle
Cons
Pay rate may not be enough to cover days that you do not work, healthcare, and other things that life may bring.
Label Operator (Current Employee) –  Effingham, SCOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work, Understanding Management, fun place to work, Co workers like family, needs more balance with work and home life
Nice place to work and communications with plant manager is good
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCOctober 21, 2015
It is a good place to work
Sometimes there are long work hours
Good communications with workers
The plant manager is real nice and easy to discus issues with when needed. It just isn't a lot of room for growth
Pros
recieve gifts cards when accident free for the month
Cons
not enough room for growth
Didn't let their people know what was going on.
Lead Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2015
Didn't communicate with their employees, didn't find new work for employees jobs ended. No longer around. Not enough to talk about this company to fill in the space.
industrial janitorial
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 14, 2015
Crawled through factory ducts to relieve dust and debris deposits. (Movement through walls and ceiling ). I enjoyed going into work, the enviroment was a nice, fast paced and active business. My co workers were nice to work with, everyone did their job .
Pros
fun work place, nice employees
Cons
not enough hours
Staffing placement agency
Mayo Temporary Staff (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 11, 2015
Placement Agency. First position placed in was excellent work environment. Helpful workplace team. Independently worked with minimal supervision. Second position, the pay is not equivalent to the work. Wear many hats. Juggling time between three different departments.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Pay not equivalent to the work.
I enjoyed the 10 hour work days
Assembler (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 9, 2015
Very nice place to work and will be willing to work for them again. I was working for one of there contacts and liked the 4 day work week.
Productive and fun place to work
Staffing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 29, 2015
I liked working for olslten staffing. I came in unexperienced and had to learn everything from zero. The management were highly informative and made sure I knew what I was doing, but allowed me the room I needed to grow and understand the business. My co-workers were always supportive and answered any questions they could. The hardest part of my job was the fact the company was closing due to no accounts in that area so there was a big career change for me.
Professional atmosphere, assigned to good local companies
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 24, 2015
I have always had a good experience working for Olsten. The staff is knowledgeable, professional and accommodating. They strive to meet my work needs while I meet their work requirements.
Pros
assigned to good companies
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WISeptember 9, 2015
While each day is different, my on the job and educational background offers all of the above and a great deal more. I realize that people like to do business with the company that values their business. For this reason, I place myself in the shoes of the client/customers/employees to best meet their needs.
Productive and very fulfilling and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ronks, PAAugust 20, 2015
Answered calls regarding reebok sneakers. Love the Call Center environment. Customers are great, even if they are upset. By the time the call is ended, customers are feeling great. I love the coworkers,
Pros
Call center and phone calls with customers. awesome!
Cons
irate customers, but they turn out positive