Olsten Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place where you can obtain work with the right skills and timing
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 12, 2015
I love the job that I have, and there is great stability. However, I would love it more if they could offer jobs that would eventually turn into hired-on positions. The pay is competitive compared to other temp positions, but considering the fact that there are no benefits/paid time off/paid holidays, the pay should have been higher.
Pros
Stability and full-time work schedulle
Cons
Pay rate may not be enough to cover days that you do not work, healthcare, and other things that life may bring.
A great place to work
Pay/Bill Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 4, 2016
It was a busy place and I learned I could do a lot more than I thought I could. The most enjoyable part of this job was after establishing a system of complicated billing, putting it down on paper. The hardest part was leaving due to a low salary.
Pros
Great opportunities, and a lot of fun
Cons
Low salary
Review of Olsten Staffing
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  CenturLinkAugust 18, 2015
Olsten was quick to provide jobs when I needed them. They were timely with their payroll and were clear with instructions for job opportunities. They were also easy to get a hold of if you had any questions.
Pros
Fast Turnaround
Cons
No benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Staffing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 29, 2015
I liked working for olslten staffing. I came in unexperienced and had to learn everything from zero. The management were highly informative and made sure I knew what I was doing, but allowed me the room I needed to grow and understand the business. My co-workers were always supportive and answered any questions they could. The hardest part of my job was the fact the company was closing due to no accounts in that area so there was a big career change for me.
Staffing is nice, most jobs are ok, but...
CLERICAL (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 16, 2016
Olsten Staffing has a nice group of employees to work with, problem is Olsten Staffing with take work from anyone and will not stand behind you, as an employee if they send you on a position with a company who's management is less than professional. You are stuck at that job, if you quit they will deny you unemployment, even when you have asked to be placed on another assignment. Sometimes it is months between assignments.
First Real Job
Senior Engineering/Manufacturing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WIMarch 31, 2016
If the owner was still the owner, I would be a lifer, as someone once told me. This job was the best of the best. The owner cared deeply about each and every person that worked for them and instilled in them the priority of being ethical and honest in the temporary staffing world. Treat your customers and candidates with respect and care and they will give it back.
Good company to work for.
Inspector and Sorter (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCDecember 2, 2015
Need to follow up on employees after sending them to work. Working as a temp is very hard people don't seem to care about you.
Seems as though you have to work harder to prove that you are capable of doing the job.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
No one values your hard work because you are just a Temp
A temp job asap
Consolidation Department Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 8, 2016
Nice folks at Olsten Staffing who will find you a temp job ASAP. Make sure you listen to what they have to say, pass all the tests given, and bring exactly what they ask for thereby moving forward to on the job training.
Pros
Weekly pay, will find you another job if one job initial applied for didn't work out
interesting work
Circuitry Inspector (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 17, 2016
Having worked with circuit design many years ago,I found it to be very interesting work. I especially liked finding engineering errors in a circuit design which was important before the process went any further thus costing the company money and time.
Pros
worked in a clean room, very clean area
Cons
very late overnight shift
very professional
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 28, 2016
The Myrtle Beach representatives are highly professional and very polite. I would recommend them to a friend.

The assignments that they gave me matched my skill sets. They were honest about the assignment expectations.
Pros
Convenient office location.
Cons
Would like more work assignments.
Great expirence
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mullins, SCMay 21, 2016
You will get great work experience n production also you get to know a lot of people you will learn how to work in a fast paste environment and how to do paper work. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the experience meeting new people and the pay.
This is a staffing agency
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 9, 2016
The job was to last for 4 weeks, however I finished the job assigned and helped in other areas that needed help in 3 week. Learned office skills. The place I was at was great.
Pros
Close to home great pay at the time
Cons
to short of a project
People i worked with were skilled.
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2016
had a good experience with Olsten,learned a lot. Got along with my peers. Was paid ontime.Did`nt mind traveling to different locations.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Should have more staff training.
Ability to explore different fields in different companies.
Auto Service Cashier/Operator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HiDecember 14, 2014
There was opportunity to explore different business' i could say the possibilities were unlimited. Even though it was a staffing company i did feel very stable. The hardest part was yearning to become part of the company you were sent to after such a long successful period of time & it wouldn't happen. I enjoyed meeting new people & working with well-rounded diverse companies.
Pros
direct deposit, unlimited possibilty.
Cons
not much benefits due to being a staffing company.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 12, 2016
I think it's absolutely wonderful!
I got to work at a few different places and they were both great! I got to see the inside of Subaru and how their vehicles are made!

I also got to work at Purdue Stadium for concession stand! It was a handful but it was truly amazing too!
It is a fun place to work.
Kitpack Helper (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 1, 2015
The management is very helpful in assisting with any questions you may have concerning payroll issues. They come to check up on you on the job some time.
Pros
Work overtime.
Cons
Co workers
I enjoyed my time with Olsten and would recommend to others
Temporary Office Support (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge AreaAugust 2, 2015
You offer your services when you are available, and tell them what level of commitment you are looking for. My time spent there I was looking for low levels of commitment to 6 month assignments. I was not looking for a career, but felt like a had a career with them. Job training was available, and I took full advantage of learning new computer programs and proving what I could do. I enjoyed the ability to learn new things and the ever-changing environment.
Pros
Work when I wanted to
Cons
Temp workers can be treated as expendible by employers.
Temporary to Permanent
Information & Referral Agent (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 4, 2014
After losing my job of 14 years, I discovered the job market was worse than the stories I had heard. In dire need of a job, I turned to temporary staffing agents. Olsten is a great company to work for in comparison to other temporary employers for the Chattanooga, TN area. I did not go without work for long. I was hired into a temporary position which turned into a permanent full time position with benefits. Management was very professional and the pay was fair. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for work of any kind. Thank you Olsten Staffing :)!
Pros
pay is fair, management is professional and personable.
Nice place to work and communications with plant manager is good
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCOctober 21, 2015
It is a good place to work
Sometimes there are long work hours
Good communications with workers
The plant manager is real nice and easy to discus issues with when needed. It just isn't a lot of room for growth
Pros
recieve gifts cards when accident free for the month
Cons
not enough room for growth
M.D.A. event planner
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  moline il / bettendorf iaJanuary 15, 2015
I started with this temp agency new to town found a position i loved with the M.D.A. breaking many records with-in the company and helping many people live healthier lives. it was no benefits and no full time shifts 32 hours was the most the company could offer with no benefits. Just needed to better my new city with a new better position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olsten Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.