Olsten Staffing Employee Reviews

job summary
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 14, 2017
i was working as a housekeeper my first week was awesome i worked with another housekeeper that trained me on how the rooms were supposed to be. ;after that it was horrible because every room i did they acted like i didnt know what i was doing
The company is Temporary, and did have job security
Inspector (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 5, 2017
At the time I worked for Olsten Staffing I needed a job with security, as a single parent I needed financial stability and a position that would meet my financial needs with benefits.
Pros
I gained valuable skills
Cons
No job security for those who do not have other means of support.
Fast and obliging service
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 2, 2017
I found a job within 2-7 days of applying to Olsten Staffing. Their staff is friendly, fast, and efficient. With any questions I had, I had an answer back within 24 hours.
Good company to get sales experience with
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
Good company to get sales experience with, but company had management problems. Not a lot of incentive to further your career and advancement opportunities.
productive
ONSITE HIRING FACILITATOR FOR OLSTEN (ADDECCO) (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Structured working enviroment, great managers, good employees and extensive training of each position. Managers always available for questions, satisfied employees.
Pros
Learning Seminars
Cons
short lunches
Friendly place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working for Olsten Staffing. It was a fast paced work place but we are worked together to make sure everything was done. Great place to work.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
lack of work
Worked at Solectron Corp for Olston
Staffing Manager / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
I became the 2nd shift manager and then asked to do all of the training for new hires coming into Solectron. It was a challenge but I truly loved to meet all of the new faces. This took place for a could of years then they wanted me to move to 1st shift and handle all three of the shifts. I continued to do this until Olston was out bid on the contract.
Pros
Meeting people and watching a gleam in their eye when they get answers correct to a quiz.
Cons
Workload, later in the job would be hours.
Review
Secondary Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 30, 2017
My job was a temporary one until I got hired permanently at my next job. The staff was helpful and easy to get along with. I would recommend someone to work with them.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Temporary work
Low Pay
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 24, 2017
I've worked with this company twice. each time the pay was not commensurate with the work! The first company that I worked with through them normally started their permanent workers with approximately 14.00 per hour and this company only paid me $7.00 per hour.
Was nice to empolyees and was clam environments
Moving Helper (Former Employee) –  IdahoAugust 23, 2017
Wasn't to happy about not get calls for work or not getting work when I called but I did get two jobs temporary that I didn't mind to much and staff was very helping
Good place for temporary work
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 21, 2017
Great company to work for if you are looking for temporary work placement. The ladies in the office were extremely helpful and attentive to answer any questions I had.
good temporary agency - more likely than most to have work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2017
Fair in terms of expectations and compensation. All else dependent on the individual client to which one is assigned. I was assigned to a staffing contractor providing labor to the US Department of State, specifically Miami Passport Agency. This assignment was super strict, but still very enjoyable in terms of nice coworkers, pleasant physical environment and steady hours. I left to accept a permanent position, but would have stayed indefinitely otherwise. The staffing contractor (Stanley Associates) constantly needed extra staff, over a period of years, so this was entirely possible. It just fit my needs to get a position with an institution where I could grow in security and financially.
Pros
Good likelyhood of getting a temp assignment
Cons
Low likelyhood of getting a permanent job
working places
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mullins, SCAugust 3, 2017
Every time I call in to acquire work there is none available for me. This company do not put in effort to find the clients work. I would not come back to this company.
Fast Paced non stop
Job Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCJuly 20, 2017
It was always busy. Phones constantly ringing off the hook. The hardest part of the job was finding qualified individuals who would be willing to work assignments that may or may work long and for minimum pay.
Pros
helping others
Cons
pay, not being able to find individuals who would work and stay on an assignment
Professional in all aspects
ONSITE HIRING FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 12, 2017
Respected and dedicated professional with experience providing internal employee development, team effectiveness and leadership development consulting to all levels of an organization. Able to design and implement strategic plans and develop high performing teams.
Pros
Everything was wonderful
Cons
N/a
Work force
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJuly 12, 2017
A work day is earning money and achieving goals. I learned to come to work everyday on time to achieve goals.
Management is lined out well organize. Culture is working together and getting alone with others.The hardest part bout the job is lifting over sixty pounds.
The enjoyable part is come to work.

\
It was a good place to work.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421June 28, 2017
They were good about sending me on different assignments. There wasn't a big gap on between assignments. They kept me working, and I enjoyed learning new skills. At the same time, I wanted more stability.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Changing jobs
Bd
Quality Laboratoryh Technician (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 17, 2017
It was a very good experience for me. i learned a lot working at BD everyday. i got alone with ever body at my work place. There wasn't never a hard part about working at BD.
enjoyed being around fun loving people
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence South CarolinaJune 9, 2017
I enjoyed the co workers and management. we stayed on a fast pace and you had to be a quick learner. I learned the different types of people and the experience in the tax credit world and saw a customer perspective from the other side. it was a true learning experience. I really appreciate working for that company. even if it was just temporary.
Productive day work with skilled people, smart and well thought out.
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  laurinburg N.C. Cheraw S.C.June 7, 2017
A typical day work is very smooth,
I learn to appreciate a good job.
Management is sorted out well.
Workplace culture is well arranged.
Hardest part is lifting over eighty pounds.