Olsten Staffing

Olsten Staffing Employer Reviews

Not a job for a person with a family whose looking for high expectations.
Builder@ Attlantic Shutters (Former Employee), Mullins, SCOctober 10, 2013
This job was just not for me.
typical work day was not challenging.
learned to adapt.
management poor
co-workers great
hardest part of the job was staying there knowing advancement was not there.
no enjoyable parts
Mall Security
Line Worker (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIOctober 8, 2013
I was security for the mall. I provided safe and positive customer contacts as well as responded to accidents.
I wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless you are on your last straw!
Packager (Former Employee), Mullins, SCSeptember 30, 2013
Cons: they lay you off without notice and take their time placing you some place else.
The pay rate is very low and the jobs aren't guaranteed! They over work you if placed at Sopacko. There is no room for advancement and if a job becomes available, you better hope that they call you. Also, they always say over the phone that they don't have any positions available when online it says that they do.
Productive working environments (Different work sites)
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long lunches
Typical days at work were busy. You learned how to be prompt. The management was very open, meaning you could speak about anything. The Co-workers were team players. The hardest parts of the different jobs were working at slower paces at times. The most enjoyable part was experiencing working at different companies.
this company no longer practices in sumter
Clerical (Former Employee), Sumter, SCAugust 31, 2013
This company helped me find temporary jobs. I was satisfied with the help.
Packaging (Former Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 25, 2013
Agency was great at finding temporary job opportunities that turn into permanent ones.
company absorbed by Adecco Staffing
Office Supervisor/ Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: working to help people gain employment
Cons: the lack of skills in the employment pool to meet the needs of businesses
Fast paced, enjoyable and ever changing. I interviewed applicants and visited businesses to gain more accounts.
Olsten Staffing
Line Operator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: dangerous and wreckless work place
The coworkers at each company that Olsten staffs were friendly and hard working, the manageent could be better if they really understood what the eployees went through when we work. I picked up the experiance of quality control and assembly of products. The easiest part of each work day was break and none of it was enjoyable, the work places were dangerous – more... and was not kept clean. – less
Temporary Hire (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2013
Agency is great at finding placements that turn into permanent job opportunities.
What a great company to provide you with experience.
Secretary/Data Processor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2013
Olsten staffing provided me with the experience I needed from a wide variety of different types of jobs. This enabled me to make an informed and confident decision about the directions I would take to develop and advance my career.
Nice could do alot besides just work being temporary
Temp. (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIJuly 17, 2013
Pros: i had an easy time with being a mom and scheduling work.
Cons: it was not enough to substain income.
It was a good place to work with just was not enough hours to be self sufficant.
good clean place
machine operator/assembler (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 12, 2013
Pros: just would not get many hours a day
Cons: break was to short
This job was ok to work for i learn somethings from this job.it was a good area to work at the people was ok.
Personnel Supervisor
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee), Orange, CTJune 9, 2013
Pros: wonderful work environment, i learned a great deal, wonderful management position.
Cons: i moved because i had illness in my family.
I was responsible for temporary employees for Schick, Bayer, Cheeseborough Ponds. I enjoyed working for Olsten Staffing Services. I began as a clerk and was offered the position of a Personnel Supervisor within a few short months. I interview and trained prospective employees for positions in warehouse positions. I was responsible for all aspect of – more... Human Resources with those individuals, as I was there off-sight manager.

It was a wonderful environment to work in . I traveled from site to site and implemented a partnership and a program with a local training facility.

The job was not hard at all, I enjoyed my position and the interaction with the employees. – less
typical temp agency
Laborer (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMay 30, 2013
Pros: able to build work experience
I learned a lot from being sent to different jobs but nothing more than that...
Temp Service job
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 17, 2013
Pros: monday thru friday job with great hours
Cons: no health insurance, no paid time off, no vacations
Olsten Staffing is in charge of finding employment for people with no jobs. They will assign a Temp/Permanent position for you. Working thru a temp service nothing is guaranteed from day to day. They placed me with Volkswagen Group, I have been here for over a year now and they just don't have any job openings right now. I love my job and the people – more... I work with on a daily basis. I come into work process Supplier Claims, and Supplier Disputes each day. I have learned a lot from a manufacture's point of view, with bad parts. The hardest part of the job is coming to work not knowing if you have a job from day to day. – less
Fun place to work
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee), Winchester, VAMay 15, 2013
Fun place to work. Good benefits. Opportunities for advancement. Good job if you enjoy working with people
temp job
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), savannah, gaMay 13, 2013
Cons: temp
boring all i did was either unload trucks or i would puller orders for 12 hours a day
productive and meet interesting people
Team Assembler/Order Filler (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 24, 2013
Pros: was steady but fast paced
Cons: short breaks
i learned how to pull orders and place them in box's,the managers where always friendly and my co-workers and i got along great. The hardiest part of the job was when we would get backed up and would have to pull product from the end of the line and carry them to the start of the line.
Good company overall
House Keeping (Former Employee), Mullins, SCApril 23, 2013
Will help you find a job as soon as something is available. The staff is kind and will keep all your information current. Will not show favortism or be judjmental towards you.
Administrative/Clerical (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 17, 2013
Pros: consistant with work
Cons: no complaints or concerns at time
Went on assigned position and was offered position from one of assignments on. Believed in keeping their employees working.