Olsten Staffing

Olsten Staffing Employer Reviews

Productive and fun working enviorment
Intake Clerk/Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch break and being able to lunch when you want to between 11 am and 2 pm
Cons: no breaks
The typical work day going to work getting there 30 minutes early to get set up so I can be ready for my clients and prepared to start on time. I have to get my computer ready, my printer on and the fax up and running. I would prepare to pull all files needed for the day and have access to the file rooom to pull additional files as need be. I have help – more... right next door to me if I need her, and the specialist in the back offices if I need them. The hardest part of the day was just trying to get people to come in and do there family obligations. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people truly in need. – less
A Company who calls you for a job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 24, 2013
Company who calls you and see if your available for work. Worked part time
Enjjoyed working on recruiting programs for
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Melville, NYOctober 24, 2013
I worked on recruiting programs for temporary employees and loved it. I worked in the Sales and Marketing Department as a Marketing Coordinator. We would have an annual President's Club trip with the 500 highest achieving Sales representatives which would be a huge undertaking for the Marketing department. We would plan the entire event.

I spoke daily – more... with Olsten sales representatives daily from all over the country which I really enjoyed. The hardest and most stressful part of this position was that you need to stay extremely organized – less
A good company to work for.
Packer (Former Employee), Mullins, SCOctober 22, 2013
The staff at Olsten is very helpful. They only problem is the pay rate for temp. service it should be a little higher.
Primer Room Aid (Former Employee), Mullins, SCOctober 14, 2013
Pros: the job was not hard, and i had lots of fun working there
Cons: my asignment had ended for that job
I get my order sheet, get the materials, load/ unload shutters, take finished shutters to paint room to be painted.
I learn how to prime, use a paint gun.
Management ran smooth and was great.
The hardest was when we had to do the really big shutters and I needed help loading and unloading.
I enjoyed the job
Would not work with them ever
Clerical (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 10, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
They do not work with there people with helping them find what they need when it come to a job.
Not a job for a person with a family whose looking for high expectations.
Builder@ Attlantic Shutters (Former Employee), Mullins, SCOctober 10, 2013
This job was just not for me.
typical work day was not challenging.
learned to adapt.
management poor
co-workers great
hardest part of the job was staying there knowing advancement was not there.
no enjoyable parts
Mall Security
Line Worker (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIOctober 8, 2013
I was security for the mall. I provided safe and positive customer contacts as well as responded to accidents.
I wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless you are on your last straw!
Packager (Former Employee), Mullins, SCSeptember 30, 2013
Cons: they lay you off without notice and take their time placing you some place else.
The pay rate is very low and the jobs aren't guaranteed! They over work you if placed at Sopacko. There is no room for advancement and if a job becomes available, you better hope that they call you. Also, they always say over the phone that they don't have any positions available when online it says that they do.
Productive working environments (Different work sites)
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long lunches
Typical days at work were busy. You learned how to be prompt. The management was very open, meaning you could speak about anything. The Co-workers were team players. The hardest parts of the different jobs were working at slower paces at times. The most enjoyable part was experiencing working at different companies.
this company no longer practices in sumter
Clerical (Former Employee), Sumter, SCAugust 31, 2013
This company helped me find temporary jobs. I was satisfied with the help.
Temp Agency
Packaging (Former Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 25, 2013
Agency was great at finding temporary job opportunities that turn into permanent ones.
company absorbed by Adecco Staffing
Office Supervisor/ Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: working to help people gain employment
Cons: the lack of skills in the employment pool to meet the needs of businesses
Fast paced, enjoyable and ever changing. I interviewed applicants and visited businesses to gain more accounts.
Olsten Staffing
Line Operator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: dangerous and wreckless work place
The coworkers at each company that Olsten staffs were friendly and hard working, the manageent could be better if they really understood what the eployees went through when we work. I picked up the experiance of quality control and assembly of products. The easiest part of each work day was break and none of it was enjoyable, the work places were dangerous – more... and was not kept clean. – less
Temp Agency
Temporary Hire (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2013
Agency is great at finding placements that turn into permanent job opportunities.
What a great company to provide you with experience.
Secretary/Data Processor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2013
Olsten staffing provided me with the experience I needed from a wide variety of different types of jobs. This enabled me to make an informed and confident decision about the directions I would take to develop and advance my career.
Nice could do alot besides just work being temporary
Temp. (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIJuly 17, 2013
Pros: i had an easy time with being a mom and scheduling work.
Cons: it was not enough to substain income.
It was a good place to work with just was not enough hours to be self sufficant.
good clean place
machine operator/assembler (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 12, 2013
Pros: just would not get many hours a day
Cons: break was to short
This job was ok to work for i learn somethings from this job.it was a good area to work at the people was ok.
Personnel Supervisor
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee), Orange, CTJune 9, 2013
Pros: wonderful work environment, i learned a great deal, wonderful management position.
Cons: i moved because i had illness in my family.
I was responsible for temporary employees for Schick, Bayer, Cheeseborough Ponds. I enjoyed working for Olsten Staffing Services. I began as a clerk and was offered the position of a Personnel Supervisor within a few short months. I interview and trained prospective employees for positions in warehouse positions. I was responsible for all aspect of – more... Human Resources with those individuals, as I was there off-sight manager.

It was a wonderful environment to work in . I traveled from site to site and implemented a partnership and a program with a local training facility.

The job was not hard at all, I enjoyed my position and the interaction with the employees. – less
typical temp agency
Laborer (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMay 30, 2013
Pros: able to build work experience
I learned a lot from being sent to different jobs but nothing more than that...