Olsten Staffing Employee Reviews

It is a fun place to work.
Kitpack Helper (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 1, 2015
The management is very helpful in assisting with any questions you may have concerning payroll issues. They come to check up on you on the job some time.
Pros
Work overtime.
Cons
Co workers
Productive and easy work assignments
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJNovember 20, 2015
Every job assignment was pleasant as well as the staff. Learned some great multi-task skills on every assignment. All the job assignments were at convenient locations.
Productive place where you can obtain work with the right skills and timing
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 12, 2015
I love the job that I have, and there is great stability. However, I would love it more if they could offer jobs that would eventually turn into hired-on positions. The pay is competitive compared to other temp positions, but considering the fact that there are no benefits/paid time off/paid holidays, the pay should have been higher.
Pros
Stability and full-time work schedulle
Cons
Pay rate may not be enough to cover days that you do not work, healthcare, and other things that life may bring.
Label Operator (Current Employee) –  Effingham, SCOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work, Understanding Management, fun place to work, Co workers like family, needs more balance with work and home life
Nice place to work and communications with plant manager is good
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCOctober 21, 2015
It is a good place to work
Sometimes there are long work hours
Good communications with workers
The plant manager is real nice and easy to discus issues with when needed. It just isn't a lot of room for growth
Pros
recieve gifts cards when accident free for the month
Cons
not enough room for growth
Didn't let their people know what was going on.
Lead Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 15, 2015
Didn't communicate with their employees, didn't find new work for employees jobs ended. No longer around. Not enough to talk about this company to fill in the space.
industrial janitorial
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 14, 2015
Crawled through factory ducts to relieve dust and debris deposits. (Movement through walls and ceiling ). I enjoyed going into work, the enviroment was a nice, fast paced and active business. My co workers were nice to work with, everyone did their job .
Pros
fun work place, nice employees
Cons
not enough hours
Staffing placement agency
Mayo Temporary Staff (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 11, 2015
Placement Agency. First position placed in was excellent work environment. Helpful workplace team. Independently worked with minimal supervision. Second position, the pay is not equivalent to the work. Wear many hats. Juggling time between three different departments.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Pay not equivalent to the work.
I enjoyed the 10 hour work days
Assembler (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIOctober 9, 2015
Very nice place to work and will be willing to work for them again. I was working for one of there contacts and liked the 4 day work week.
Productive and fun place to work
Staffing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 29, 2015
I liked working for olslten staffing. I came in unexperienced and had to learn everything from zero. The management were highly informative and made sure I knew what I was doing, but allowed me the room I needed to grow and understand the business. My co-workers were always supportive and answered any questions they could. The hardest part of my job was the fact the company was closing due to no accounts in that area so there was a big career change for me.
Professional atmosphere, assigned to good local companies
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 24, 2015
I have always had a good experience working for Olsten. The staff is knowledgeable, professional and accommodating. They strive to meet my work needs while I meet their work requirements.
Pros
assigned to good companies
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WISeptember 9, 2015
While each day is different, my on the job and educational background offers all of the above and a great deal more. I realize that people like to do business with the company that values their business. For this reason, I place myself in the shoes of the client/customers/employees to best meet their needs.
Productive and very fulfilling and enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ronks, PAAugust 20, 2015
Answered calls regarding reebok sneakers. Love the Call Center environment. Customers are great, even if they are upset. By the time the call is ended, customers are feeling great. I love the coworkers,
Pros
Call center and phone calls with customers. awesome!
Cons
irate customers, but they turn out positive
Review of Olsten Staffing
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  CenturLinkAugust 18, 2015
Olsten was quick to provide jobs when I needed them. They were timely with their payroll and were clear with instructions for job opportunities. They were also easy to get a hold of if you had any questions.
Pros
Fast Turnaround
Cons
No benefits
productive
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 11, 2015
This job was fast paced and such a wonderful environment to work in.I enjoyed it the day I was there but was laid off due to going through a temp agency. You worked elbow to elbow with everyone around you but all in all was a wonderful job.
good place
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 11, 2015
contacting businesses, selling the contracts to company's, lining up employees for jobs, interviews
3 of us worked well together
started in one location in Reidsville, NC than moved to Greensboro, NC
Professional wokplace
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
Great environment, Team Players, Professional workplace.
Fun and makes the day go by fast. Every employee came to work with a smile on their face.. Management very flexible and supportive of their employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
I enjoyed my time with Olsten and would recommend to others
Temporary Office Support (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge AreaAugust 2, 2015
You offer your services when you are available, and tell them what level of commitment you are looking for. My time spent there I was looking for low levels of commitment to 6 month assignments. I was not looking for a career, but felt like a had a career with them. Job training was available, and I took full advantage of learning new computer programs and proving what I could do. I enjoyed the ability to learn new things and the ever-changing environment.
Pros
Work when I wanted to
Cons
Temp workers can be treated as expendible by employers.
productive and hardworking
Packer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2015
A typical days worth of work consisted on 10 hour shift of alot of walking and standing getting pallets off materials and packing or putting them away for shipping. The people were friendly and the way they managed how work was going to be made it easier to complete.
I really enjoyed working for the company great hours,and the pay was descent
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 18, 2015
A typical work day was very busy from start to finish.I learned a lot about working in kitchens of large establishments.management was wonderful.my co-workers were a joy to work with the hardest part of the job was when the job ended because it was only temporary, the most enjoyable part of the job was serving the children.
Pros
suffient for my schedule
Cons
temporary