PARALEGAL – Southwest metro family law firm seeks full time paralegal to perform advanced, substantive legal work with limited supervision. This position will join a team of two attorneys and a legal administrative assistant.
- Drafting correspondence
- Recording, analyzing and organizing discovery data received and client data received
- Preparation of initial draft of discovery requests and responses
- Assisting with deposition preparation
- Preparing initial draft of summons and petitions, motions, affidavits, judgment and decrees and
various other pleadings
- Assisting in preparing for motions, settlement, trial and mediation
- Filing pleadings, motions and other documents with court throughout the 7-county metro area
- Monitoring calendar and discovery, motion, trial and ADR deadlines.
- Minimum of ten years family law paralegal experience
- Knowledge of Metro Area Family Courts, particularly Hennepin County
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Effective time management skills, including complete and accurate billing practices
- Good sense of humor
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to initiate work and take direction
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- E-filing experience
- Must have qualified references that can be called to verify prior work.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. Firm offers excellent benefits include 401(k) with employer contribution, health & dental insurance, life insurance and excellent PTO/holiday package.
Olup & Associates LLC is committed to offering Minnesota families the innovative legal strategies they need to face the complex legal...