Olympia Medical Center Employee Reviews

great
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2017
i love working here everyone is nice works together make sure that everyone is updated on classes and or medical needs for their staff. training is at the site and not far away.
fun to work ,friendly enviroment
RCP (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2016
good location good benefits, good respiratory stuff ,manager and department ,excellent stuff.good physicians, good education ,good learning hospital ,good food ,good equipment and technology.
Metropolitan Hospital
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2016
Even though, this hospital has been closed, it's used a great place to work.
The administration used to be very helpful trying to improving worker life.
ok work place
Surgical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2016
8 hr shift
learning hospital , knowledgable staff
union employer, free parking , reliable breaks , equipment was always functioning properly, lots of speciliaties
Pros
free parking
40 accounts a day.
Patient Account Representative/Collections (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2016
It needs help in different departments. Overall Olympia has to improve on their medical insurance for employee. But it was great when I first started. Now we have a new CEO and new people that brought out the company.
Pros
Rebilling Olympia
Cons
not enough bathrooms
Workplace
Administrative Assistant/ Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 5, 2015
Working with a non profit for afterschool has given me the functions to endure and prosper. It has taught me to venture off, plan events, plan fundraiser, and depend on all my rescourses and contacts. It has taught me how to work on my own and become more independant.
Awesome management; allows me to be creative and initiative; always learning and feel like I am contributing to success of company
Accounts Payable/Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2015
My typical work day:
Arrive at 7:30 am - Get coffee (first things first)
Go through and respond to any emails/ resolve any issues pending from day before
Begin processing any invoices & retrieving back up for payment process.
Retrieve any invoices from department managers/directors and prepare for system entry.
Make copies and mail out any checks signed by CFO the night before. File appropriately.
Key invoices into system.
Take lunch
Prepare to generate check run either once or twice a month (depending on decision from controller)
File anything pending (ie: check copies, invoices, etc.)
Go through mail and sort invoices according to department for signature approval
Clear up any loose ends
Clock out
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays, excellent CEO as well as management
Cons
Would like to be able to get appropriate raises - possible raise freeze
a typical day at work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 13, 2015
was trained by fire. no real orientation was given. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and my patients.
Healthcare Analysts (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2015
Management needs additional training and employee should not be allowed to run the departments. It's a nice place to work just need some update software, computers, and telephone.
Uncaring management
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2015
I used to work here until the greedy management ALECTO decided to make all the nurses work 8 hour shift. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS TO WORK 5 DAYS OR EVENINGS OR NIGHTS A WEEK??? I know who... NEW GRADS so these greedy people can save a lot of money even if it means compromising patient care. Who cares about us nurses who have made OMC our second home. Thank you for ruining our family dynamic at OMC. So here's a BIG MIDDLE FINGER UP YOURS to the management of OLYMPIA MEDICAL CENTER who are nothing but a bunch of HEARTLESS GREEDY PEOPLE...
great learning experience, hires lots of new grads.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2015
This facility is now owned by Alecto. There are no longer 12 hour shifts available, only 8 hours. A great place to learn and get your experience in an acute hospital setting. New grads are always welcome. No experience required. Plenty of overtime are available.
Pros
always extra shifts to work.
Cons
8 hour shifts
Fast movement job that I loved working at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angels califorinaJuly 17, 2015
I absolutely loved this place. It was a fast placement job. Always having to be on your toes and keeps going there was never not anything to do. I was a leader there, I was responsible for 14 other crew members. I had to make sure they were doing there job and also make sure my job was done by the end of the night. I was in charge of checking hospital bed and rooms. I also had to clean them. If one of my crew members was having a hard time keeping up with there job that night it was my responsibility to help them out. I loved having more responsibility.
Pros
alwasys room to move in the company. loved my crew i worked with .
Cons
dont have anthing bad to say about this job
Used to be a home away from home
Radiology technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2015
Current employee for over 10 years . Since the new Alecto admin took over the placed has been turned upside down and not in a good way. In other words, it feels like a ship sinking and everyone is jumping ship before it goes down !
As far as the CEO , he is a nice man who had good intentions to help the hospital thrive but its simply not enough. Remember ship sinking fast !
My advice would be to get your experience here if need be but don't stay . Employees are not valued here. You are simply a body, a machine , a puppet under the control of a very heartless group of owners who care nothing about you and only about deepening their pockets not yours
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No raises high turnover. Poor management
Ok place to work.
Registered Nurse II - Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles,CAJune 30, 2015
Olympia Medical Center has become a stressful place to work. It used to be an easy place to work, however, not anymore since we've gone under new ownership.
Fun and family like atmosphere
Case Management, ER Charge Nurse, IT Educator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Olympia Medical Center, I learned so much and was given an opportunity to grow in my profession. I felt at home there and made many new friends an worked with great staff.
Pros
I can't complain
Cons
Too far away from Kentucky
Hospital Administrator for Operations aka COO
Administrator for Hospital Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2015
Great place to work, great administrative experience. The facility was a family work environment, with great attitude, supportive and progressive. Excellent staff and management morale in a professional environment. Great team work and culture, until the facility was sold. At that point all of management was terminated or laid off.
Pros
Excellent learning experience in a supportive environment, Opportunities to expand experience and great teamwork
Cons
The facility was sold to a Prime Healthcare subsidiary and the environment totally changed
Great work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2014
Olympia is a good place to be employed. Great place to learn and feel secure.
good place to work
OR MATERIALS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2014
Every day I, learn something new related to surgical supply
the management is very professional
in the O.R. dept. my co- workers are good employees
I enjoy what I do, for me there is no hard part in the job
I enjoy when the day is over and everything was done the right way
Good company
Medical Transporter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2014
Great experience, love the staff, great ER and Surgery team.
learning experience through microbiology
Microbiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CADecember 1, 2013
As a microbiologist assistant, I had many task to attend (tissue grinding, plating, c-diff, phlebotomy). Morning starts with microbiology set-ups and ends with helping out the phlebotomy staff.
Pros
free parking
Cons
hourly rate was not in my range of pay