Olympia Sports

Olympia Sports Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 15, 2015
Officemax was a company that focused on selling office goods. I recommend this job for a high school student that is just looking for a summer type job.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAJuly 15, 2015
Greeting customers, helping with sales, cleaning the store, stocking shelves, cashier, closing & opening the store, fun coworkers,
Perfect place to learn the ropes of retail.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Olean, NYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great experience
Cons: Stressful schedules at times
Great way to dive into retail experience. Meeting lots of new people and learning to how to sell certain products in a friendly environment.
Decent first time management job
Soft goods Manager (Current Employee), canandaigua New YorkJune 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: Low pay
For a first time manager the work environment is extremely friendly and forgiving. The compensation is the only downfall to this job.
Great place to work but doesn't pay
Store Manager (Current Employee), MAJune 23, 2015
I attribute much of my personal and professional growth to the company, but I prefer to work with a company that is innovative and forward-thinking.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
PT Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Delmar, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: stress free environment, satisfaction guarantee on all merchandise
Cons: hours, advancement
This place had the greatest vision, and followed through. "Satisfaction Guaranteed". Meaning it was worry free sales for associates, and worry free purchases for customers. It was always a relaxing, pleasant experience. No hassles, no fussing. Because in the end it was all about the customer, and you were aloud to actually help them! It was a freeing experience, that you could trust and believe in.
I would of loved to continue my employment here, but the hours are slim, and growth is rare.
Has room for growth
Store Manager (Current Employee), North Hampton, NHJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great discounts on products
Cons: compensation is minimal
The company has many opportunities for high school students to learn the retail environment and work their way up to a store management position. The pay starts of pretty low but as you work your way up to a trainee position the salary improves by a lot.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Milford, MAJune 17, 2015
a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Cheap and Inatentive Company
Key Holder (Current Employee), Westfield, MAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours for students, low stress
Cons: Underpaid, horrible upper management, out of date inventory, underbudgeted hours
This is a decent job if you are a student and don't take Olympia Sports very seriously. Half of my job consists of apologizing to customers that we do not have what they are looking for; which leads me to a main point of concern. Our store rarely receives products in which customers are actively seeking; instead we get what seems to be anything that Olympia can purchase dirt cheap and attempt to make a profit off of. Store promotions are often disorganized and presented in a vague way to customers leaving them confused. Computers and operating systems are continually crashing, or will not not ring in accordance to current promotions. Upper management wants stores to have an excessive amount of employees, but stores are budgeted insufficient hours - leading to employees getting 4 hour work weeks. The compensation store managers receive is a joke. I have yet to meet an employee that doesn't hate the company after working there for a couple months. As a key holder who has been with the company for more than three years, I currently make 12 cents above minimum wage.

However, if you are lucky to get some good coworkers, shifts can move by quickly. I have been able to work around my school hours reasonably, and the work is very low stress outside of back to school season and the holiday season.
awesome company ! they really care about the customers and giving everyone good ways to save.
Store Manager (Former Employee), MAJune 10, 2015
Pros: vacation time, communications
Cons: health insurance, high shrink, salary
What I learned about this company they really care about there customer service. They will do anything to make a customer happy and guaranteed they will return to your store. My business and store management experience has given me a strong understanding of the issues and functions involved in retail operations, including shrinkage prevention, sales, inventory, personnel, customer loyalty, accounting, and purchasing. I make sure my team is fully trained and on their feet interacting with customers. I lead by example and this is what I do best. The hardest part of my job is getting a certain product for a customer. Olympia sports is big company but I wish they could carry more items that people want today. For example, our fitness department could use a lot new product such as (work out gloves, waist trimmers, kennel balls etc). The store cultures could use a lot of updating. The most enjoyable part of the job is building good customer relationships. I love helping out my customers especially the ones that do come back and ask for you. It makes me feel awesome knowing that someone trust me about things I would recommend them and their families.
Productive Workplace
Key holder (Current Employee), Waynesboro, PAMay 11, 2015
Job usually consist of not many customers on a nice day out or even if raining. When a new sport comes into season that is when we get busy. Management doesn't do the job unless you do it yourself. The hardest part of my job is that Im a key holder only making minimum wage.
failed...
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no boss?
since owner had never involved with business activities, there were no plans, no visions, no hope when other competitors are growing fast in sneaker business
Love the environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stafford, VAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: Very busy
Olympia is a wonderful place to work, very secure, a lot of movement in the company. A lot of learning is taught. The management is wonderful.
Olympia Sports Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great manager and good products
Cons: Lack of hours, and low wage
I enjoy selling sporting equipment, however, the low wages and the lack of hours made it difficult to consider this position a legitimate potential career.
Fun work place, lack management
Retail stocker in the back, cashier (Former Employee), Salem, MAMarch 28, 2015
I enjoyed working with customers, hours were flexible some what with school. Management fell down once the main manager left.
great environment
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Geneva, NYMarch 26, 2015
Olympia was my favorite place that I've worked at. You had great management, and better yet was able to wear comfortable clothes to work! I had many different jobs that I had to do at Olympia, which kept me occupied my entire shift.
Very laid back environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New Paltz, NYMarch 14, 2015
Everything is about the customer. I learned how to please a customer and how to maintain a stockroom. I loved coming into work knowing the customer really was number one priority.
First job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2015
I liked this job. It was my first job out of high school. Great people. Different people because of the location. Enjoyed working in the stock room.
Poor Hours and Poor Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAFebruary 28, 2015
I was told I would have at least 12-15 hours a week after some training. I worked for more than 6 months and still got less than 5 hours a week at some points. My average hours were 6 hours a week. Some weeks I was not even included on the schedule while new employees were getting 14 hours. Management was very unorganized and immature. Too many staff members and employees hired thereby limiting the amount of hours sales associates can receive. Many other employees have other jobs, are in high school, go away to college, and are still employed year-round.
Dont recommend unless very young
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newburyport, MAFebruary 10, 2015
Good store to work at part time. Management is drastically under paid and are expected to do more then they should. Also corporate calls a lot and complain when things aren't perfect.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olympia Sports

Olympia Sports may not make you an Olympian, but they do feature the gear to go for gold. The sporting goods retailer offers sports – Read more

Olympia Sports Salaries