Olympia Sports Employee Reviews

Productive yet fun work area
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTAugust 14, 2017
Many simple tasks at hand, easily accomplished. Very productive and fun area to be working in. There are many friendly customers and employees to bond with while working.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No sick time unless you meet hour quota
Ok
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2017
Working for this company allowed me to interact with multiple individuals throughout the day. I also learned a lot of cashier data and usage and I'm hoping that it helps others.
Great work environment with opporutnity to learn and develop skills.
Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 9, 2017
Small company with lots of upper management interaction to help guide you to be a successful manager. Great opportunity for growth as long as you put the time and effort in.
Overall good experience
Manager Trainee and Manager (Former Employee) –  Epping, NHJuly 26, 2017
Great learning environment, where anyone in the company can be used as a resource. The work is very customer based, and puts an emphasis on providing excellent customer service. It's also a very friendly place to work, I didn't really experience any hostility in my time with Olympia. The one downside to Olympia however, is that the pay is not competitive.
Pros
Employee discount
A very laid back work environment meant a low pressure environment to get your work done
Customer Service, Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYJuly 22, 2017
My job at Olympia Sports Company, though a fairly well known company, was based in a very small town. There was not too much traffic in and out of the store. Therefore most days would require completion of the day's daily tasks, followed by a lot of free time to straighten up, or get ahead on things that needed to be done at a later time. Often dealt with customers who required a lot of assistance both in person, and over the phone. Pretty laid back environment.
Pros
A lot of time to complete tasks
Cons
scheduling conflicts from time to time
a good mix of big box and little box
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 21, 2017
Upper management treat employees really well. Health insurance is really good. They like to promote from within. Some expectations are little far fetched.
Pros
annual bonuses
Cons
pushy with sales
great place
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MAJuly 20, 2017
I would clock in and clean and work with customers on a daily basis. i would help customers with shoes clothes and sports equipment. Also would ring up and / or do returns for customers. would use a handheld device to scan in transfers to and from storer.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
uptight customers
Encouraging environment
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Windham, MEJuly 18, 2017
This was my first full time job and I was able to become a part of the management team at the age of 17 while still in high school and recognized by the district. I loved the people I worked with and still keep in contact with even my old boss to this day.
Not hard to advance if your a woman
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 6, 2017
Don't work here. The upper management will drain all positive thoughts you have about the job. You are not as empowered as they would claim you are. DO NOT HAVE INDIVIDUAL THOUGHTS!
Great, Flexible, and Enjoyable Job
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAJuly 5, 2017
I worked my way up from part time sales associate to Manager Trainee in the 6 years I have been here. Work 5 days a week, 34-37 hours a week. Schedule is flexible as long as you give at least 2 weeks notice. Great Environment to work in, most customers are friendly and personable, with the exception of a few odd ones. Co-workers are enjoyable to work with. Manager is friendly and is glad to help you learn and advance.
Fun enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTJuly 2, 2017
I worked here years ago. Great management, and overall a very pleasant place to work. The only con I would say is lack of energy some of the staff had.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
lack of energy from employees
Enjoyed working for Olympia very much, balanced work and life balance.
Olympia Sports (Former Employee) –  Bath, NYJune 22, 2017
Just needed more hours than what I was receiving. Management was very poor, felt like the open door policy was not there. Was not comfotable talking to my boss.
Pros
Flexible schedule, employee discount.
Cons
Not enough hours
Good company, management positions available
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 21, 2017
Worked there for 6.5 years so far, from part time sales associate to store manager. Good company, however retail in general doesn't pay a lot so keep that in mind. Lots of PTO available along with benefits and 401k.
Fun workplace, great people, great first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 15, 2017
Typical day at work would involve greeting customers, helping them find what they need, cashing them out, and cleaning and restocking the store. Store managers are very friendly and helpful.
Productive, Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAJune 9, 2017
I was here for 8 and a half years, and I remember many times that I enjoyed coming to work and helping people. I did my job daily, and went above and beyond.

Hardest part of the job was sometimes the double shifts that needed to be pulled, and the most enjoyable part was helping people on a regular basis
Productive and team oriented workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJune 8, 2017
Olympia is a great company to work for as they always work to train their employees to the best of their abilities. The management sees high ceilings for their employees and tries their best to promote from within. After working there for 4 months I have been promoted to part time manager. The store I work in values their employees greatly.
Pros
Employee appreciation weeks, discounts, fun environment
Cons
Short hours, pay rates
Awful
Register Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milford, PAJune 5, 2017
If you're looking for a job where you are treated like garbage and discriminated against for age then look no further. Olympia Sports in Milford, PA is what seemed to be a great job for a young high school student but it is filled with drama. Management changes every three months, you will be looked over because of your age and will only make minimum wage with no raise in your future.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Management changes every three monthd
Fun and procuctive place to work
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, NYMay 27, 2017
Great place to take your kids for some time to run errands.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Stoneham, MAMay 22, 2017
The kids will be very active playing sports and interacting with classmates their age. Great for birthday parties and after school programs, all the kids love it.
Pros
Easy hours
Cons
Very positive place to work
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAMay 16, 2017
Olympia Sports is a very lovely place to work. I just feel the need for advancement in my talents as a leader and a manager. The company has flexible hours. A great place to work if you're below 30 years old.
Pros
Decent health care
Cons
The pay could be a bit better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympia Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8