Olympia Sports Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYSeptember 25, 2016
very busy but fun to help customers out. co workers are cool and love to do work. Supervisors have flexibility and understanding.
Pros
great enviornment
Cons
very big store
Customer friendly oriented workplace.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunkirk, MDSeptember 7, 2016
Typical day at Olympia Sports is daily store operations while assisting to any and every customer need. Customers always come first no matter what task you have going on. Hardest part of the job if you work in one of the busier stores, like i have my entire Olympia career, is trying to balance out your sales with the work you need to get done on time. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you satisfy just about every customer that enters and leaves your store. Co-workers are usually friendly and reliable. I learned that you need to rely on any and all downtime you have to complete store operations.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Benefits (Full Time), Accrued Vacation
Cons
Limited Payroll Hours, Low Pay
Good People, good benefits, bad pay.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 22, 2016
This company does care about it's employees. It's retail sales. It is exactly what you expect. The upside is the company has extremely lenient policies regarding customers and products. This overall protects the employees and gives employees more freedom to make deals with customers. It's a retail job with a personal touch. The pay is the issue. It is a salaried and extremely low paying position for the amount of work required. the only upside is great vacation time policies and solid healthcare. Overall not a terrible experience, but it has a high burnout rate because of the pay.
Pros
good discounts, good vacation time, good healthcare.
Cons
not too much opportunity to advance and poor wages.
Fun relaxed environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilford, NH 03249May 13, 2016
A fun, relaxed retail position. A solid retail job with a limited staff to manage and solid inventory base. Strong locally based company with strong community ties.
Great Place for Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 12, 2016
Great Place to learn how to assist customers in a retail environment. Management experience for those who work hard. Long hours occasionally for store managers. The customer is right in every time.
Pros
Job Opportunities, Small Business Feel, decent heathcare
Cons
Low Pay, little ecommerce involvement at the time.
Enjoyable goal based and team based job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMay 9, 2016
I learnt good customer service skills. I also learnt to be quick on my feet and to be knowledgeable on every product in the store. Typical work hours were either to short or to long no happy middle. Working in a mall is nothing like working out doors.
Pros
Enjoyable, good co workers.
Cons
short breaks if any at all, low low pay
Simple job with a very common staff and experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Loudon, NHMay 9, 2016
As a sales associate I simply greeted customers as they walked in, helped them locate products, and stock/fold clothing and items whenever I wasn't placed at the front of the store.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No real lunch break, not very welcoming
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate- Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 27, 2016
Very great environment to be apart of. The company is very fond of promoting from within so it is a great place to learn and grow.
Low stress environment and enjoyable atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swampscott, MAApril 20, 2016
The staff was very helpful and fun to be around. We were able to get the work done that we needed to while also enjoying our work and helping other customers.
Pros
Breaks were always accounted for and it was low stress
Cons
Standing all day and I never finished my orientation
Very nice but no hours
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 14, 2016
This is the perfect "second job" because it is very low hours but it a nice calm place to work, never super busy so lot of free time to clean and refold things and straighten up.
Lots of work but lots of employee empowerment as well
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 12, 2016
Olympia Sports has much of the same products as Hibbett Sports, but the culture is one of a lot more stress, in that Olympia had a tendency to pile on work, seemingly unaware of how difficult it was to finish all of it by the very early deadline they set for us. Whether it was changing the whole store in two weeks, 20 pages of markdowns, a weekly sale change, and more boxes in shipment than we could handle (sometimes all four of those in the same week), you often felt overwhelmed and overworked while being underpaid and underappreciated. But there were plenty of good parts, including some terrific managers (and district managers) I worked for, a great discount, and the employees are empowered to literally do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer, meaning basically that, in that regard, the employee could do no wrong.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2016
I enjoyed interacting with the customers on a daily basis. I get enjoyment out of helping others. I learned a lot in my timer working there from customer service skills, being patient. I enjoyed working as a team with my co-workers.
productive and fun work place with sporting goods
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDFebruary 18, 2016
I learned how to use a cash register and became good with customers. hardest part of the job was finding shoes at first. funniest part was the atmosphere. worked with great people and had a great manager.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
getting hours
Decent
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Decent company to work for. It hardtop commit to any long term career goals. No room for growth. The pay isn't very high and the hours are very long. Good place to start and acquire management skills
Fun and fast paced retail environment with a new learning lesson each day.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 6, 2016
Olympia Sports has taught me a lot about myself and how to make a work environment one you enjoy coming back to each and every day.
Pros
Great discounts and vacation time accrual.
Cons
Pay rate is not great and hours are kind of tough to work around having a life and being a parentl
fun work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 20, 2016
had a great time working there. really the only complain that I have is the salary.

great employees fun environment. not much to complain about
Productive fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PANovember 24, 2015
Really great place to work if you are a student looking for work while pursuing a degree.
Flexible work hours
If serious about employment there is definitely room for advancement
Co-workers are all positive and team-oriented
Pros
flexible work hours, fun staff
Cons
benefits are eligible to full-time staff only
Very Stressful Work Environment
Sales associate/Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NY and Biddeford, MaineNovember 19, 2015
This company is very stressful to work for. They take care of the employees they find value in, and find ways to release the ones they do not.
The customer service aspect is wonderful, however! Great Customer Service Policies and aspirations.
Pros
Customer priority policy
Cons
no job stablility
Average work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 17, 2015
Start a day with coming in and doing morning duties (count tills, bank paper work, going to bank) next would be to open the store and do the task at hand that Corporate has sent down to be done such as the way the store is setup alone with markdowns and mark ups. Also managing the staff and helping customers with there needs. With working here i have learned how to manage staff and also how to have a high attention to detail and give great customer service. Management was average sometime would seem to care about the employees but did not treat us how we should have. The staff that I had to work with was exceptional the best that I could say i have ever worked with we all got along and were happy to work with each other.
Pros
Athletic dress code
Cons
Management could be better
cool and fun for extra cash worked with customers looking for a good pair of sneakers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2015
its a good work place to start your resume and its good for high school students that would like extra cash. helped a lot of people looking for a new pair of sneakers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympia Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8