Olympic College

Olympic College Employer Reviews

I enjoyed the job, the employer and specificially my superviser, however the position was never going to become full-time or provide benefits.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: diverse, fun, educating in multi-cultures
Cons: part-time employment without benefits
Each day was different and exciting. I gained a wealth of knowledge from being with quite diverse environment. My supervisor was forthright and encouraging of everyone around her. I regret leaving employment there but I needed full-time employment and benefits for my family.
The resources are enjoyable and beneficial.
IT Lab Technician (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJanuary 3, 2014
It was busy in the morning but not so much in the afternoon. My customer service skills and patience had improved. The management was well organized and my co-workers had good team work. The hardest part of the job was when I wanted to help but I couldn't and I just had to wait until the internet connection was fixed. It's difficult if there's a technical – more... problem. But the most enjoyable was when people appreciated me. A simple thank you from them always makes me happy. – less
Great Professors, not so great admin.
Student (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: good staff
Cons: administration.
The classroom size is small, so there is ample opportunity for students to ask more questions during scheduled class periods. The tutoring centers help for study groups to go, and for the most part, the tutors are a good help. Although, when dealing with scholarships, financial aid, etc., the administration is not very helpful. I was told that people – more... didn't know who I needed to talk about to get questions answered. It also took several months for the school to pay me back for the extra money they were charging me. Another word of advice is to check with whatever school a student may be transferring to, because not all of the classes will transfer. Even if you are getting an AA degree, it is NOT guaranteed that all courses will be transferred, so if you take a class that won't, it was a waste of time and money. Beware of this. Students here are welcome to start study groups, and they will definitely boost grades. Working as a team rather than alone helps if anyone has a question or needs something explained. – less
Fun work place
Front Desk-Fitness center (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJuly 29, 2013
A typical Day at work wasnt to demanding. I would check students in and out of the fitness center, and clean and organize equipment. Other then that i would talk to the students and co-workers just about health and fitness related topic.
Excellent instructors and education
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJune 27, 2013
This was a highly competitive program. The instructors were amazing and supportive. The simulation lab added real life practice situations to prepare us for our future in nursing.
A fun and important oppurtunity cut short
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Olympic College, WAJune 27, 2013
Pros: i enjoy stretching my creative legs.
Cons: due to budget cuts, the job was only funded for one school year.
I enjoyed teaching and assisting students in their creative projects. This challenged me to learn more about the programs used (Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator).
my first IT job
Computer Science Lab Technician (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAFebruary 9, 2013
this was a great learning enviornment for me when it came to working in the IT fiend. this was a challange and we throughly enjoyed every part of it.
Productive and comfortable environment, great staff and faculty
Registration Representative (Current Employee), Bremerton, WANovember 20, 2012
I enjoy going to work every morning, the people I work with are amazing and the enviornment is welcoming. My experience here has helped my confidence and communication skills vastly. The most enjoyable part of my day is talking with my customers and co-workers. The pace is fast but the student satisfaction is rewarding.
Pleasure
Assistant (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAAugust 27, 2012
Pros: very informative
Cons: wasn't long enough to feel comfortable with skills
Assisted two professors with their class loads, was able to assemble manuals to assist in research.
Campus reduced in what is offered due to poor economy.
Investigator (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: there are some very good-hearted people who work there.
Cons: too many bureaucrats and not enough teachers. too pc.
Due to State financial crisis, schools are losing programs they would normally keep. This school is no different. Where funds might have been directed to viable, educational programs; they were diverted to buildings and the unions who constructed them.
Truly an excellent working experience.
Registrar/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJune 30, 2012
Efficient, friendly working environment.
Enjoyed working regististration for 11 years.