Olympic College Employee Reviews

Quiet workplace
Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 6, 2017
It is a great side occupation for college students. There is little interaction required with the supervisor. Due to funding shortage in the education department, the hours are cut but the pay was increased to $11/hour.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough shifts
Fantastic work environment
Office Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Poulsbo, WAApril 2, 2017
Olympic college is an opportunity to learn and grow within a higher educational institution. They offer remarkable experiences that will benefit you throughout a lifetime.
Pros
Open minded environment
Cons
Terrible parking
Love it
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 30, 2017
It is quite a professional place to work and study. Employees are friendly and helpful. Office of International student & Study Abroad is a plus of the professional environment. They not only receive and help international students, they also assist American students to go to Ireland for study.
Great place to work at
Engineering & Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 9, 2017
It was a great experience to have from Olympic College during my last two years of my bachelor.
My schedule was flexible and it fit my classes schedule
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
low pay rate
Was a Student Athlete
student athlete (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 6, 2017
Was a student athlete at the time I worked for Olympic College. A typical day of work would be after practice I would go work in the cafeteria. I would do shipping and receiving. Which, was put away and organize inventory that came in. Also, stock and refill items when low. Hardest part of job was caring inventory up to stock room after Basketball practice. The most enjoyable part was the free meals that I got.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No healthcare
Loved working here
Assistant Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Chemistry and Biology Laboratory/StockroomNovember 1, 2016
Healthy and happy working environment conducive to learning. My coworkers were very helpful and always encouraged me to do my very best.
Pros
I was able to get paid for doing my homework
Cons
Once my gpa dropped i lost my grant
A fun and interesting place to work and great for anyone that likes to work with children.
Regular Student Employee/Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WASeptember 30, 2016
a typical day at work consist of putting personal belongings away and going to the classroom to help with the children, serving food at meal times, taking the children out to play, putting them down for naps at nap time and waiting for the parents to come and get their children. The parents can come in at any time and help in the classroom and to check on their children. The hardest part of the job is trying to get some children to stay quiet while putting others down for a nap and getting all the children to take a nap. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on the children's faces when they are having a great time playing with you and the other children. The co-workers are great. if you need help with anything they will help if they can or get someone else that can help you.
Very Professional and laid back
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 30, 2016
Perfect combination of comfort and professionalism. Plenty of Potlucks and work events. Student help encouraged. Friendly people great place to work. Minimum hours and minimum pay.
Pros
work around class schedule
Cons
limited hours
Good learning experiance
Office Assistant Registration and Records (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 13, 2016
This was a great place to work while I was attending school. Very flexible hours.Enjoyed everyone that I worked with. The hardest part about this job was trying to make every student happy with their schedule. I did not like dropping students from their classes.
Pros
Good learning experience while attending school
Cons
Working with angry students
Terrible work
Campus Safety (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 18, 2016
I worked in security as a part time guard and was let go due to the Sgt being threatened by my performance and trying to take over the department because he sucks at his job! He gave me bs reasons as to my termination and accused 3 of my closest coworkers of lying about me.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No training
The friendly relationships with co-workers and staff made this experience very pleasant.
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WANovember 19, 2015
The many years I was employed at Olympic College were very beneficial to my development in the professional experience of assisting students with registration and answering countless questions and allowed me to guide people in the right directions for easier transition into the education arena. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with people that were unsatisfied with their schedule and unwilling to be reasonable with a solution. Also, the large volume of students and the work involved could be quite stressful in the Fall semester.
The typical outline of my daily duties were aiding students with a complete registration process and giving directions to the next step.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the enjoyment of achieving daily success with students and learning from my very knowledgeable colleagues and supervisors as well as the instructors.
I mastered the new computer transition and use of office equipment.
Research on microfiche records was a pleasant challenge.
Pros
Benefits such as medical, dental, vision for my family. A very pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Heavy volume of work involved in the Fall. Parking was a daily struggle.
Dirty work
Grounds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WANovember 16, 2015
The department of grounds for olympic college was drastically lacking employees. They short handed the supervisor but expected the all the daily job duties to be done. Unrealistic, and they took people out of there homes to build a parking lot they cant even maintain.
Pros
Outside work
Cons
DOC workers took over the department
Great Learning Experience
Office Assistant/Safety and Security (Former Employee) –  1600 Chester AveNovember 4, 2015
I worked for Olympic College Security when I went to school there. I was an office assistant. I did data entry, filing, dispatching, and parking permits. It was a great job but my supervisor wasn't a great person to get along with and some of the co-workers weren't very friendly. I got along with other co-workers and I liked learning how to do customer service.
Pros
Great Learning, Friendly, Stern
Cons
Needs friendlier supervisor
Great place to work, low advancement.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAOctober 26, 2015
I learned a lot about the colleges work life and procedures. I did feel that some things were very unorganized and following procedures were not always inforced. The most enjoyable part of working here were the people. I worked in a very diverse enviorment which suits me perfectly. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with new people from all over the world. Overall it's a good place to work but advancing is almost non-exsistant unless you have friends or family that currently work there.
Pros
Good people in a diverse enviorment
Cons
No room for advancement
Student Worker
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAOctober 2, 2015
Great start to a professional career, low key & very helpful. A typical day at work consisted of creating & printing certificates as well as answering inquiries.
Pros
Flexible around school schedule
excellent service to children
Office Assistant/Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WASeptember 27, 2015
Respectful co-workers, very helpful. Team work. I loved the assistance and service offered to the children, and being part of that team.
Fun and relaxing workplace.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 13, 2015
Working at Olympic College was fun and enjoyable, the work environment was relaxed and casual. I learned how to operate different computer systems, answer customer questions in a helpful manner, and to provide campus tours. My co-workers were for the most part very enjoyable to work with and I have developed close friendships with them. My boss was fair and easygoing and gave all of us the freedom to create work schedules to our needs. The hardest part of the job was learning how to communicate with customers, once learned it was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Lots of freedom in scheduling, convenient, and fun.
Cons
Part-time, only 18 hours a week.
Friendly environment
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMay 12, 2015
I enjoyed working for this college for the most part. Colleagues were friendly and helpful. Everyone puts the students first.

I taught English 101 and 102 as an adjunct, both in classrooms and online. An adjunct at this college needs to be self-reliant and flexible. They should also be willing to teach high-school age students, who make up over half of the average class.
Pros
Student oriented
Cons
No employment security
Good place to learn a variety of Information systems
ITV MEDIA TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Poulsbo, WAFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day would be troubleshooting media gear for distance learning classes. Repairing or installing new hardware that is failing and causing problems with class learning. Management at the college is great, advancement is very limited as well as hours so I am in search of another position. All co-workers that I have interacted with have been a great group of people and I have gained some kind of knowledge from every one of them. The hardest part of this job is keeping the equipment working at the same level that the students and teacher expect everyday. I enjoy learning about the new systems implemented each quarter or year as well as the interaction between the instructors/students.
Pros
Learning about new equipment
Cons
Not enough hours, no advancement opportunities
Welding Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 12, 2015
working here is a lively and always busy. it keeps you on your toes and constantly learning. i extensively enjoy welding as a part of my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympic College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8