Olympic Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great Volunteer Position
HOSPITAL GIFT SHOP VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJanuary 27, 2016
In this job I volunteered in the hospital gift shop. Although this was an unpaid position, it offered a non-monetary compensation that was truly heart-warming. It was a pleasure to be able to be the "bright spot" in someone's day, whether it be an employee having a stressful shift, or a patient's family member dealing with a loved one experiencing serious health challenges.

As at St. John's Medical Center, one of the most rewarding parts of this job was the annual allocation of funds to fulfill the "wish list" items for the various hospital departments.
Pros
Fun environment where I was highly valued by my superiors.
Cons
None, everyone should have this experience.
Would not recommend as a favorable work environment
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Port AngelesOctober 14, 2012
The department with which I was affiliated was poorly managed. Salary was below market for the area. Department director does not have the education, experience or background to manage the clinical services.

Other professionals in the department took advantage of this lack of experience to allow inefficient use of time, less than optimal patient care and lack of progress or use of best practice methods.

High turnover in dietitians (5 in less than 12 month period).

Hospital is top heavy with directors/managers. For an average daily census of 45-50, there are at least that many managers/directors if not more.
Pros
beautiful community in which to live and work
Cons
non-productive, non supportive (to employees) environment, low pay scale.
Standard local hospital
Hazardous Materials & Waste Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAOctober 22, 2015
OMC is a local public hospital. I worked as the Hazardous Materials and Waste Coordinator, Laboratory Safety Officer, and as a Medical Technologist. The staff at this hospital does a good job and most are very dedicated.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
Healthcare is a difficult environment to work in
Fast paised and full of energy
Med/Surg Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJune 13, 2015
I would start work at 0600, roomed first patient at 0700. Between rooming, discharging & scheduling procedures for patients, I ran all day long and loved every minute of it. It's a wonderful feeling when you can help people every day. I learned to observe, listen and the patient is not angry at you they just don't feel good therefore not on their best behavior. I was lucky enough to have worked with a group of phenomenal, diverse, compationate, fellow staff members. From the CEO, kitchen staff, physicians, housekeeping and everyone in between.
Productive and fun place to work
Ultrasound Technologist II (Current Employee) –  PORT ANGELES, WAJune 21, 2012
Very friendly and helpfull coworkerts
Busy place
Good management
The hardest part of the job is on call
The enjoyable part is any day spent with my coworkers
Pros
free birthday lunch
Cons
short brakes
Very Productive learning experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WADecember 14, 2012
Very busy fast paced learning experience with the public and patients on different levels. Enjoyed all co-workers working as a team players to acheive the best care for patients. Enjoyed working with numerous nurses and doctors learning new ways to care for patients and their own needs.
Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAOctober 3, 2013
Good working environment, great co-workers, management has improved in the last 2 years.
Awesome
ER RN (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJune 6, 2013
There isn't a better group of people that I had the pleasure of being part of their department and facility with the short amount of time I was there.
hospital is not vedry good
Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WASeptember 24, 2012
the hospital is not very good. they are judgemental. i did my school intern here. it was not very helpful
great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2013
i luv the medical field. is a busy place to work in the fact that we use to get alot of people sick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympic Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4