Olympic Steel Employee Review

View all Olympic Steel reviews

Great company
Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 22, 2013
This company was the best company to work for, had very good hours and good pay, only thing it closed due to the economy
Pros
Hours, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Closed

Other Olympic Steel Employee Reviews

Do yourself a favor and just DON'T WORK HERE
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 22, 2018
This company is corrupt from top to bottom. Hostile work environment, poor morale, rules are made up as they go depending on who you are and whether or not you go out drinking and golfing with the management. Hire you in for one position and then because management does not have any backbone you are changed to something else a year later when they don't like that you actually want the employees under you to do their jobs instead of sitting in the General Managers office with their feet up.

People hired from the local bar to perform positions that they are not qualified for and are allowed to treat their co-workers, customers and management with disrespect and hostility and nothing is ever done to fix the situation even with the corporate office is involved. Instead of solving the issue they just push out the employees who actually care.

I have worked some pretty horrible jobs in my life but this was the worst place I have ever worked. Don't listen to the line of bull management spews because it is all lies to get you in the door. I thought I was going in for a great job where I could make a difference and it turned out to be a toxic dump.

All of the negative reviews on this company are completely true.
Pros
Decent pay if you are naive on the work environment
Cons
see description below
Can be a fun chill place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAFebruary 18, 2018
Chill place most of the time. But can be stressful at times. Some leads can be jerk like but just do your job and its not that bad. They do need to communicate things better.
Pros
Works well if something comes up
Cons
Communicate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympic Steel. Our community is ready to answer.