Olympus Corporation of the Americas Employee Reviews

Great company
SHIPPER/RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 7, 2017
This is a great company. Pay wasn't bad, could be better. My job was relocated and I didn't want to move. I would definitely recommend this company.
Non supportive
Senior Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MASeptember 5, 2017
In my 10 years there I was overlooked for positions that I was qualified for and applied for. Also the atmosphere was corrosive as a result of incompetent management and "The good ole boy" system that was supported.
friendly,easy and relax environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 30, 2017
I'd worked for the this company for 17 yrs, it was a sad moment for me to leaved the company due to laid off. Olympus had treat me well I will surely missed the company
Highly regulated company with atypical cultural mix
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2017
on the job training and learning culture with high level of regional management involvement in day to day operations. Extensive career advancement opportunities in USA and abroad.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAAugust 10, 2017
Great management team and amazing team. Family atmosphere. Community involvement. The company makes work fun. They reward great work.

Very busy days, challenging but rewarding.
Pros
Family atmosphere and community involvement
Cons
long commute
Company took care of you
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 8, 2017
Great division to work for in the medical field and being able to provide a service to the region. Office was a very close knit family and extended beyond the office walls.
Pleasant atmosphere. Unlimited coffee!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MAAugust 8, 2017
The atmosphere and management allow a significant level of autonomy, which can be isolating in some ways. Communication from management is abysmal, and too many reports and meetings mean things move slowly. The people are for the most part really nice.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Communication
Management is terrible.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 5, 2017
Every year gets worse and worse. Sales are slipping in part due to an aging product line and an overworked, under-staffed marketing department and management can't figure out what to do. So, they keep trying something new every year that simply adds to the chaos. It has gone from a relatively easy going place to work to micromanagement that Big Pharma would be proud of.
Pros
Decent benefits. Although they used to offer a pension but eliminated that many years ago.
Cons
Clueless management.
Lo que más me gusta del trabajo
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 19, 2017
Disfrutaba lo que hacía ,y disfrutaba trabajar con personas
Pros
En ese tiempo no tenía experiencia
Cons
El transporte
Workplace
Incoming Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2017
Great opportunities!! The company is contantly growing and always is open to what the employees would like to see happen at the company to make working there better.
Olympus
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 11, 2017
I have been working there for three months now and it's good so far. I like how they give two random days off for the summer. When we work long days they feed you.
Olympus has now become a modern day sweatshop.
Endoscopy Technician II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 7, 2017
Olympus America has slowly been on a decline in quality. Employee moral is at an all time low. Recalls and legal issues have forced the quality of its products to decline while managements only solution is to mass hire in attempts to make up for poor quality with quantity. Communication between employees and management is minimal due a language barrier. Employees are over worked and corner cutting to make quota has now reached a state of normalcy.
Cons
Outdated equipment. Cronyism. Language barrier.
Good benefits with large international conglomerate
Inside Sales Coordinator - Rentals (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Good benefits and job stability. Excellent work/life balance with options to work from home in some positions. Very large corporation with many divisions can lead to disengagement, inability to see big picture. Communication from management not the best
Pros
Work from home options, generous personal time off benefits
Cons
Lack of communication, disengagement from large corporation
The division I worked was excellent place to work
Field Service Engineer & Technical Assistance (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMay 31, 2017
Constant travel and sometimes very challenging work. Great co-workers and manager. Did not enjoy the constant travel but enjoyed the technology. Would highly recommend the company.
Unstable
Integration Territory Manager/ Technical Sales (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAMay 22, 2017
Ever changing management strategies and Federal Legal issues. The main division of company receives all support while others are mismanaged constantly.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Unstable management
Quality/Repair
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 22, 2017
Worked in Quality Control Dept. and the Repair Dept. I liked the job, but after being bought out by Olympus Corp., they sent our repair work to another facility in San Jose, CA. I could see the handwriting on the wall...my job was dying. I had to move on to another company. I would go back there, but now plan to retire soon, so there is no interest in starting something new.
Pros
Fair pay. Good hours. Friendly people.
Cons
Job instability due to the constant transitions injected by Olympus.
Buen Ambiente de Taabajo
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2017
Olympus Latin American es una compañia Buena para trabajar con Buena estabilidad laboral, salaries competitivos.
Relaxed and productive atmosphere.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAMay 8, 2017
Quaint office , free ample parking. Owner is busy but flexible with my hours. Has been pleased with my performance. Owner frequently out in field. Civil engineers.
Pros
Flexible to choose own hours.
Cons
No advancement .
Great pay and a lot of freedom
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2017
I worked with a very good manager and a team of experienced people. This made the situation appealing and ultimately lucrative. Unfortunately the company was embroiled in a financial scandal and I had to move on. By now it is possible that things have returned to normal.
Wealth of Knowledge to Learn
HR (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 19, 2017
I have learned so much working for Olympus. That is definitely a plus! The experience I have obtained working here has been invaluable and will be difficult to find elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympus Corporation of the Americas. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval