Olympus Corporation of the Americas Employee Reviews

Olympus
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 11, 2017
I have been working there for three months now and it's good so far. I like how they give two random days off for the summer. When we work long days they feed you.
Olympus has now become a modern day sweatshop.
Endoscopy Technician II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 7, 2017
Olympus America has slowly been on a decline in quality. Employee moral is at an all time low. Recalls and legal issues have forced the quality of its products to decline while managements only solution is to mass hire in attempts to make up for poor quality with quantity. Communication between employees and management is minimal due a language barrier. Employees are over worked and corner cutting to make quota has now reached a state of normalcy.
Cons
Outdated equipment. Cronyism. Language barrier.
The division I worked was excellent place to work
Field Service Engineer & Technical Assistance (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMay 31, 2017
Constant travel and sometimes very challenging work. Great co-workers and manager. Did not enjoy the constant travel but enjoyed the technology. Would highly recommend the company.
Unstable
Integration Territory Manager/ Technical Sales (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAMay 22, 2017
Ever changing management strategies and Federal Legal issues. The main division of company receives all support while others are mismanaged constantly.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Unstable management
Quality/Repair
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 22, 2017
Worked in Quality Control Dept. and the Repair Dept. I liked the job, but after being bought out by Olympus Corp., they sent our repair work to another facility in San Jose, CA. I could see the handwriting on the wall...my job was dying. I had to move on to another company. I would go back there, but now plan to retire soon, so there is no interest in starting something new.
Pros
Fair pay. Good hours. Friendly people.
Cons
Job instability due to the constant transitions injected by Olympus.
Buen Ambiente de Taabajo
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2017
Olympus Latin American es una compañia Buena para trabajar con Buena estabilidad laboral, salaries competitivos.
Relaxed and productive atmosphere.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAMay 8, 2017
Quaint office , free ample parking. Owner is busy but flexible with my hours. Has been pleased with my performance. Owner frequently out in field. Civil engineers.
Pros
Flexible to choose own hours.
Cons
No advancement .
Great pay and a lot of freedom
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2017
I worked with a very good manager and a team of experienced people. This made the situation appealing and ultimately lucrative. Unfortunately the company was embroiled in a financial scandal and I had to move on. By now it is possible that things have returned to normal.
Wealth of Knowledge to Learn
HR (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 19, 2017
I have learned so much working for Olympus. That is definitely a plus! The experience I have obtained working here has been invaluable and will be difficult to find elsewhere.
Changing, Challenging Company
Director (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAApril 17, 2017
Great people, challenging environment and invested in growth. Opportunities are created for those seeking them. Management is diverse and employee/customer minded. Expect a ton of international influences.
Pros
Diverse work group, steep challenges for growth
Cons
Challenging corporate past
Productive and fun work place
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 13, 2017
Staff that's always willing to assist their employees and bosses that are more than willing to work with all their employees. Olympus was a great job.
Pros
friendly staff, friendly employees
Cons
none that I can think of
Loved it!
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMarch 30, 2017
this was one of my greatest jobs ever, a typical day there is coming in at 2 sitting in the break room for thirty minutes until the class rooms were cleared of students and then I'd start my day. The best part was you can work at your own pace as long as the classrooms assigned to you were clean by the end of your shift!
Olympus good company going through some hard times
Territory Manager, ENT Division (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 29, 2017
Olympus America, Inc is a good company that has gold standard products. However due to recent fines and regulations there have been many changes made to the culture as well as compensation plans. Management is different across all the different divisions of Olympus. ENT was lacking in fore sight and strong leadership to lead the division to where it can go.
Pros
great products
Cons
capped compensation and leadership
Nice people-enjoyed the work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAMarch 21, 2017
Nice people. Good benefits. Provided opportunities for professional development. Amicable in working with their employees.
Lots of changes. Challenging. Enjoyed my work.
N/a
Western Region Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAMarch 20, 2017
FUN and hard work involve and lots of travel. Great group of guys I work with. It's a demanding job and excellent technology. The pay is very good with excellent compensations.
Great Products, Great People
Associate Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 12, 2017
Olympus is a great company with industry leading products. Management and sales force is made up of intelligent, positive people who are passionate about their jobs. Overall great place to work.
Thus is the worst place to work at!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arizona State University, AZFebruary 16, 2017
They treat employee's terrible, no open door attitude, ignore the problems with in company. Just not there for the employees, certain supv have know idea how to approach employees, talk down to them...
Pros
Cons
Healthcare unaffordable
Good products and diverse workplace
Customer Service/Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Well structured company with a diverse culture. Great medical products and stable company. President of company cares for it's employees and ensures they are happy.
Fun and productive work environment
ENT Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 6, 2017
Health work environment with friendly and supportive management team. Flexible working hours and a great clinical education department. It can be difficult to manage the number of customers in a given geography.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, great customer base
Cons
Spread to thin at times
Typical day at work
Senior Metrology Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, OHFebruary 4, 2017
A typical day at Olympus is exciting, and my tasks as a centralized engineer are unpredictable and challenging. These tasks range from design of experiments for new product validation (Including writing the test protocol and the test protocol reports) to trouble shooting and optimizing processes. I had all of the tools to do these tasks before I came in, I have learned how to apply them in an industry that I have never been involved in.
Management at Olympus is forward thinking and engaged in the development and caring of their employees.
The workplace culture is very good and engaged in continuous improvement. The company has Japanese owner ship that takes a long term approach to investment in their American facilities. The hardest part of the job is dealing with employees of long tenure that were not influenced and trained by the Quality gurus and they are slow to accept change, so I lead by example and demonstrate to them why continuous improvement is required for all of us to stay employed. The best part of the job is that my tasks push me to the very edge of my knowledge and skill sets and beyond. ,
Pros
Great benefits, competitve pay, great culture.
Cons
No chance for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympus Corporation of the Americas. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval