Olympus NDT Employee Reviews

Productive office with a great community
Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 3, 2017
When i interned originally at Olympus it had a fun and exciting work feel. I really enjoyed the office dynamic and received a lot of valuable quality and mechanical design experience.
Sr. Billing Analyst - Online Military Billing (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 1, 2016
Olympus is a global company with thousands of employees. I have a great job where i handle all of the online billing including military contracts for all Olympus Customers. I have been doing the online billing for 6 plus years and have about 100 different websites that i am very familiar with including billing in websites such as Exostar, WAWF, Ariba, Transcepta, E-Supplier, Invoice Works, IOL- Siemens, Raytheon, Eli Lilly, Intel, H.P, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft, IPP, Howard Hughes, Veterans Affairs, Several General Electrics sites and many more.
Pros
My job is always changing with keeping up with all of the online billing customers and websites.
Cons
There is no room for promotion.
Was a great company until...
Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 20, 2015
This was a great company until new management came in and promoted people that couldn't even spell NDT. My first 2 years were great and I made great money and great friends, I enjoyed going to work everyday. When they promoted the RVI people into management it went down hill fast. Olympus lost a lot of great people who were excellent in the NDT market, Upper management didn't seem to care, and when the VP of sales says he can hire ANYONE off the street to sell the equipment it just makes you feel like all you put in was for nothing.
Way too much admin work. I spent 2-3 days just entering CRM info along with more reports that were completely redundant all so management can pull reports easier. But they would wonder why our sales numbers were down all the time. Stop with the unnecessary admin work for starters! They continue to loose people. I still keep in contact with a few people and they tell me all the time they are not happy and looking for something different.
Pros
Good pay, great products, freedom to work from home.Average Benifits.
Cons
Too much Admin work keeping you from selling products, Managment completely discontected, Loosing market share, .
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MaNovember 9, 2014
Very fast pace and busy.
I learned a lot about testing the products.
Management was making lots of changes in the Company.
I really liked some of the people that I worked with.
Trying to get it all done in eight hours.
When the product shipped in full on time.
Pros
Day when by fast
Cons
Ran out of hours in the day to finish
Daily release of orders,assisting credti lines
CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  JPCApril 24, 2014
collections , credit limit review ,collections of international distributors receivables
Ok place to start but almost little to no advancement opportunities
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 5, 2014
Literally no advancement beyond job title "level" (unless someone retires or dies). Raises are very small (but at least they give them). Most of the worker bee people are great to work with. Most of the management sucks - they have no long term vision and very little in the way of interpersonal communication skills.
Pros
close to Moody street
Cons
management
A good place to work and acquire job skills.
Commercial Operations Admin / Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olympus NDT - WalthamJanuary 27, 2014
A lot of the work is pretty standard office work. I was able to take advantage of Microsoft Excel seminars covered by Olympus that really improved my Excel knowledge and expertise. Co-workers in the commercial operations department are fun to work with.
Pros
Casual Fridays, Summer BBQ, Holidays parties, hour long lunch breaks.
Cons
Quality of benefits is on a downward trend, management can be disorganized and misleading.
Too many favorites and politics. Advancement limited
Engineer, State College, PA (Current Employee) –  State College PAJanuary 13, 2014
Increasingly unsure of what to do each day. Have learned a brief understanding of NDT. Have learned about kaizen events and more about 5S.
Pros
Good benefits, pleasant shop floor
Cons
Engineering Staff difficult to work with
Stay away
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 18, 2013
In this world there are bosses, managers and leaders, at OlympusNDT, you'll only find bosses
Several layoffs recently
Outdated processes
No collaboration
Micro-manage
No trust
Running the company to the ground
Pros
The cleaning and coffee ladies
Cons
Bosses, management, do as we say attitude
Lead Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 6, 2013
The job is not MBTA accessible. Travel time to work may be a hassle. Management was fair but not easy to deal with.
Good company
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 27, 2013
This is a great company to work for. Constantly busy, great people to work with.
A great company to work for and upper Management cares
Facilities Manager / Site EH&S Rep (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 24, 2012
Great Management Team who cares for the employees.

Great Lean Initiatives
it was an all around great company
I enjoyed my job very much

I was able to develop and implement programs and obtain backup from senior Management easily
Pros
no micro managing
Cons
hr department
Productive and fun place to work
Production Artist/ Instrument Tester (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 1, 2012
Whether assisting the graphic designer or testing instruments, coming in to work was fun.
High workload, low base pay
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAApril 25, 2012
This job had the lowest base pay of any I have had in the past 20 years (hey in these tough times sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do). In fairness the commission dollars were pretty good. These guys expect one to work more than 40 hours per week. 50 or 60 is more to their liking. The pressure was incredible! They have absolutely no concept of work/life balance.
The management of my time at the comapny was abysmal, no plan, no direction. I understand that since my departure and in view of how I was handled, they now have a set protocol.
The job title says Sales but what they really want is an application engineer, you need to be soemone who likes to tinker with stuff to enjoy this job.
Cons
high pressuer, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympus NDT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8