Olympus NDT

Olympus NDT Employer Reviews

Ok place to start but almost little to no advancement opportunities
Engineer (Current Employee), Waltham, MAApril 5, 2014
Pros: close to moody street
Cons: management
Literally no advancement beyond job title "level" (unless someone retires or dies). Raises are very small (but at least they give them). Most of the worker bee people are great to work with. Most of the management sucks - they have no long term vision and very little in the way of interpersonal communication skills.
A good place to work and acquire job skills.
Commercial Operations Admin / Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Olympus NDT - WalthamJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: casual fridays, summer bbq, holidays parties, hour long lunch breaks.
Cons: quality of benefits is on a downward trend, management can be disorganized and misleading.
A lot of the work is pretty standard office work. I was able to take advantage of Microsoft Excel seminars covered by Olympus that really improved my Excel knowledge and expertise. Co-workers in the commercial operations department are fun to work with.
Too many favorites and politics. Advancement limited
Engineer, State College, PA (Current Employee), State College PAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits, pleasant shop floor
Cons: engineering staff difficult to work with
Increasingly unsure of what to do each day. Have learned a brief understanding of NDT. Have learned about kaizen events and more about 5S.
Stay away
Engineer (Former Employee), Waltham, MANovember 18, 2013
Pros: the cleaning and coffee ladies
Cons: bosses, management, do as we say attitude
In this world there are bosses, managers and leaders, at OlympusNDT, you'll only find bosses
Several layoffs recently
Outdated processes
No collaboration
Micro-manage
No trust
Running the company to the ground
Lead Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 6, 2013
The job is not MBTA accessible. Travel time to work may be a hassle. Management was fair but not easy to deal with.
Good company
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 27, 2013
This is a great company to work for. Constantly busy, great people to work with.
A great company to work for and upper Management cares
Facilities Manager / Site EH&S Rep (Current Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 24, 2012
Great Management Team who cares for the employees.

Great Lean Initiatives
it was an all around great company
Pros: no micro managing
Cons: hr department
I enjoyed my job very much

I was able to develop and implement programs and obtain backup from senior Management easily
Productive and fun place to work
Production Artist/ Instrument Tester (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 1, 2012
Whether assisting the graphic designer or testing instruments, coming in to work was fun.
High workload, low base pay
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAApril 25, 2012
Cons: high pressuer, long hours
This job had the lowest base pay of any I have had in the past 20 years (hey in these tough times sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do). In fairness the commission dollars were pretty good. These guys expect one to work more than 40 hours per week. 50 or 60 is more to their liking. The pressure was incredible! They have absolutely no concept of – more... work/life balance.
The management of my time at the comapny was abysmal, no plan, no direction. I understand that since my departure and in view of how I was handled, they now have a set protocol.
The job title says Sales but what they really want is an application engineer, you need to be soemone who likes to tinker with stuff to enjoy this job. – less