Olympus Employee Reviews

Always learning something new at a job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 21, 2016
My day at work goes good and fast, while working i learned all types of new things like dusting all over the classroom make sure its cleaned well so we wont have a complain. Our management is always helpful getting us the help we need and getting the materials we need to clean, the co-workers are very nice supporting you and we all work together like a team. The hard part is cleaning up a mess that is very hard to clean but at the end of the day it gets all cleaned up like they asked for, the good part about my job is cleaning everything right and making them happy.
Pros
A hour of lunch
Cons
Going downstairs to throw the trash away
Great work place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 10, 2016
Olympus is a great company to work for. It's well organized and. Friendly staff to help out with any questions or concerns you might have. It has great benifets
Great Employees and Products
Director (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAJuly 30, 2016
Great work life balance, progressive management, exceptional product portfolio and competitive Benefits/Compensation.
Good company but!
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 30, 2016
Overall good company especially if you been there for at least 10 years. In the production areas, the upper management have all been there for a long time, very experienced, but at times that can get a little sticky especially when you don't have a very close relationship with them. Some individuals can treat you unfairly, but it is not a representation of the company, unfortunately, if you happen to work for them, you will need to learn the rope accordingly to their likes. Going against them could be a challenging road ahead of you.
Pros
very stable!
Cons
hard to grow unless you get close with the upper management
Terrible work environment
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 6, 2016
Tough company to work for it is very political with a lot of back stabbing and very poor management in Brooklyn Park. There is one manager who thinks she owns the place and has driven many people out.
Pros
Decent beneftis
Busy environment
Job (Current Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLApril 14, 2016
Very busy office with a lot of public interaction, a learning experience on a daily basis. Management needs improvements, not too much team work, dealing with different characters, getting recognized for a job well done.
Very productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 12, 2016
Very fast paced.I learned about making change on cod deliveries.
Owner,terrific guy.Store Manager excellent.Co-workers were effecient and well behaved,very respectful.The most difficult was delivering wrong parts sometimes for customer and correcting by calling in with info to secure a satisfying customer with correct parts.Most enjoyable was bonus and catered food for the company great job every month.
Pros
Bonuses and free food
Cons
only 30 minute daily lunch
A great place to work.
Cable Assembler (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 9, 2016
My job was stripping cables wires to assemble them to the correct part. I learned a lot about just how many wires there are inside a cable and where they go.
Management was great. You felt like family. Meetings every week to let you know what was going on with our company.Co-workers were great and would help you in any way.
I can seriously say the hardest part of it was seeing the shelves go empty and knowing I would not be there much longer.
Being with great people and doing a job I loved.
I worked at the Sun Devil Fitness Center, which was a huge state of the art building.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 9, 2015
The building I worked in was huge.
I was one of two floor tech that worked in the Sun Devil fitness center. The building has four separate basketball gyms, which each has three basketball courts. It probably has over five hundred different types of fitness equipment. Also, about ten separate dance/yoga room and fifteen glassed racked ball court.
Pros
There was no pressure in that environment.
Cons
There was low pay and no opportunities.
productive and fun place to work at with a ping pong table
Endoscope Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 7, 2015
a typical day at work is busy all the time from the beginning of the shift to end. Through out my time to present i've learn a lot from the company; different type of skills,process,knowledge of the work. one thing i would say bout management is that there OK.
Pros
good benefits and people
Cons
management
This was temp position.
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAMarch 10, 2015
Jobs that were needed to get done were givin to me. Not a lot of explanation, just told to do it.

Would have learned the "why's and how's"
Pros
working at a great company
Cons
discouraged with work assignment
Needs to change
AR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDJanuary 15, 2015
Old Spanish company with old customs.
It was a good start for my careers.
I learned how to distinguished the difference between and advanced company and with a stuck and old one.
Pros
it was the first company
Cons
many
Very productive and fun workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2014
Maintain a clean environment, dust mop, vacuum, mop floors and take out trash. Maintaining bathrooms and stocking up on supplies to have clean environment. When having parties we do check-up on the bathrooms to restock and to maintain it, the same go with hallways when there is a spill on the floor
Pros
We had free lunch
Cons
30 minute lunch break
good environment
Sr. Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNNovember 24, 2014
direct manager was great to work with
everyone hard working
coworker worked well with you
family like environment
Medical
Associate Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAOctober 21, 2014
Working in the medical field was by far the most rewarding career I have chosen. From working clinically, working with patience, the sense of urgency you are faced with some days and the fast paced environment are all parts of the job I enjoyed the most.

I am fortunate to have taught two medical assistance programs and have been able to help and to influence other adults in building their medical career.

Managing gave me the opportunity to make an impact in the medical field as a Leader and mentor others, manage administrative duties and work clinically.
Pros
working with patients/working clinically/helping others/managing
challenging workplace with great people
Senior Endoscope Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2014
The most excited part of my job is knowing the fact that the product that I am working on is going to save someones lift out there. And it encourages me to do excellence in everything I do for my customer and patient.
typical day at opympus
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2014
Work would start at 4 am, everyone would go to where they where told to go and work their was 3 different teams. I was in charge of inspecting some mattress samples, package them and send to a different side of the warehouse. I got along well with my coworkers very friendly and looked out for one another. One of the hardest things I had to deal with was trying to make sure no mistakes were done while inspecting the product and for the team to be on the same page as you. I had to look at what they where doing and if they made a mistake correct them
Pros
the great thing about it is that we would get out at noon
Cons
make sure no misstakes were done
duties @ work
Warehouse Associate/ shipping & receiving (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 25, 2014
pickerf packer of incoming product request and shipping and receiving of products
Fantastic products
Senior MFG/ Transfer Technology Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 15, 2014
One of the best companies I worked for, many resources over all and great technology
Reciever/Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 13, 2014
A typical day at work would be reaching company goals and numbers. I learned a lot about shipping and receiving departments and also inventory as well. The hardest part of the job would be nothing at all. I achieved all goals and the most enjoyable would be hearing how much of an outstanding worker I am.
Pros
Free lunches and hot chocolate
Cons
10 minute breaks