Omaha Steaks Employer Reviews

Fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Gretna, NEMarch 2, 2015
I enjoyed this job although it was only seasonal. hardest part was getting the order products into the coolers! Most enjoyable part of the job was going on break :)
Positive work environment with tons of contests
Holiday Direct Sales (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: $12/hr base pay with potential for commission
Cons: it's a call center job
Called existing customers to sell packages and products. Since it's a phone job, there are a lot of rude people on the phones, but there's a lot of fun people to work with and the break room was fantastic.
Fun part time job
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: employee discount, hours, and pay.
Cons: long shifts
I just recently started working for Omaha Steaks. So far I'm definitely enjoying it. My manager is awesome at what he does. I'm still in training but learned alot. Using the cash register was easier than expected. It's explaining the product to the customer that I have to get used to because I have no experience in selling gourmet food. You are expected to work a 6-11 hour shift, but the time does seem to go buy faster than expected. Especially because you get a rush of customers in the afternoon and it will die down after and sometimes you won't see a customer for hours. No lunch, but it seems like you can take a break when slow (paid all the way through your shift). I did also learn to open and close the store, very easy if you have management experience. Overall a great place to work for, employee discount is the best part because its over 50%.
Productive fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2015
•Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
•Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
•Communicated with vendors regarding back order availability, future inventory and special orders.
•Provided an elevated customer experience to generate a loyal clientele.
•Answered product questions with up-to-date knowledge of sales and store promotions.
•Handled daily heavy flow of paperwork and cooperated with the accounting departments on invoicing and shipping problems.
•Scheduled weekly inventory pickups and deliveries with vendors.
•Maintained cleanliness and presentation of stock room and production floor.
•Helped drive sales goals and achieve monthly quotas.
Productive Place with helpful supervisors
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: employee discount
The management was nice, and they are very helpful. My co-workers were friendly, and helped make the job more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was getting the customer to stay on the phone, but the most enjoyable part was making a sale.
Great Company
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: short breaks
In charge of ordering frozen and dry products for highest volume store in company.
Performed end of month inventories to ensure profit loss was kept to a minimum.
Worked closely with Store Manager to make sure correct inventory of product was brought in to best meet needs of business.
Difficult management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 15, 2014
Pros: discount on delicious steaks..
Cons: no benefits or room for growth.
A typical day was to do a lot of cleaning with only bursts of busy time. I learned that I needed to go back to school so I could have a skill set in which I would excel. management was difficult on many levels. Co workers were very competitive. Hardest part of job was working 13 hours super sale days of non-stop traffic. I enjoyed the client base.
They have great people working for them
melt-vaac and slicer (Former Employee), SnyderOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: short lunch times
Sorting meat to make sure they weigh right,look good in the package for the custermer. making sure that the tubes were not to hevy for the melt-vac. and if there was meat at the end of the slicer that would be runned agian and counted forand on the end gate that would not weigh right cut for tail or fuita depending on what they need
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 30, 2014
Omaha Steak will help you get over your shyness and build your confidence up and will give you great customer service skills
Steak its whats for dinner
Direct Sales Agent (Seasonal Worker) (Former Employee), omaha, neAugust 28, 2014
loved this jobs making sure the company's top clients had there steaks for their parties or for the year
Productive and fun work environment with mini golf for those who made sales
Direct Sales Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2014
Before Omaha Steaks, I never thought I was good enough to hold a sales position, but once i made my own sales outside of training, It boosted my confidence a little bit more in that area.
awesome
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2014
Awesome work enviornment. Best co workers i've ever worked with.
Best job I've had
Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits and bonuses
Really hated to quit this job but my husband and I have been wanting to relocate for sometime. This was the best job I've ever had. I loved that most of my customers I knew by name and they knew me too because of how long they had shopped there. I enjoyed my staff and many were with me for years at a time. My boss was amazing and would love to work for her again.
Omaha Steaks good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 11, 2014
Pros: compensation and bennfits, family enviroment
Cons: lack of leadership, being cut off from support after asm was put in place
Overall Omaha Steaks was a very close fun family to work with and made it very enjoyable to work. I enjoy learning the in and outs of steaks cuts, meal designing, and all other great food knowledge type of information to help sell and work with guest when selling high quality frozen food items.

Hardest part of job came two years ago, adjust to have an Area Sales Manager, who had other ideas and goals, but could not a commutate well on what they want do and how. And no good jobs, or that boy's from this person made hard to keep the staff and myself happy after a job well done or done above the normal and/or average.Lack of support and direction overall did me in...Felt pushed out and no longer player in the scheme of things to come...

Coaching my sales rep on selling and guest services skills. Then see the outcome of a job well done.
Inbound Sales Rep Seasonal (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2014
Easy going job and easy to work for. I only worked there during seasonal and there a great place to work for , I've been working there seasonal for the past 4 years now. There awesome!
very slow bussiness
Key Holder (Former Employee), Royal Oak,miJuly 19, 2014
Pros: quiet atmoshphere
Cons: no breaks
I worked alone for 9-10 hr a day. It was very boring. The lack of customers was dissapointing.
stressful job
former employee . (Former Employee), omaha, NeJune 29, 2014
Cons: upper management
no room to grow, the hardest part of the job pushing customers to buy.very little hours and little pay.
Fun, but Be careful.
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee), Omaha NeJune 17, 2014
Pros: warm calling, hrly wage, and co-workers
Cons: management, harsh ojt guidelines
Worked for the beginning OJT where you make 14hrly, but then you are dropped to 7.50 and its easy to make commission whatever you put into it, you will get it back, but the OJT guidelines for scheduling are very harsh. OSI is on a Points System so 1 point in OJT and they can you even if you are really good with sales.
Good people to work with, horrible upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plainview, NYMay 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: upper management
Upper management puts way too much stock in customers and sales associate. Terminates store managers over he said she said silly accusations. Expects you to make Unreachable goals and will reprimand you and even fire you when you don't meet said goals. The benefits are great if you can actually become a full time employee in a store setting. The pay isn't terrible either considering it's a retail job. Upper management just needs to better recognize good staff and managers. Company will not survive backing young staff over seasoned management.
Productive work environment.
Specialty (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 16, 2014
Everyone there is so pleasant to work with. They are always willing to help if needed. They give you very good training as well.

1 2 3 4

About Omaha Steaks

Omaha Steaks manufactures, markets and distributes a wide variety of premium steaks, red meats and other gourmet foods. These – Read more