Omaha Steaks Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 25, 2017
Omaha steaks is a great place to work you answer phones take peoples orders check on peoples orders and make sure shipping dates work for when the customer will be home and then submit the order.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 19, 2017
Great place to work only issue store is closing. The product is great and they are very willing to help out their employees. The management is very nice and very supportive. I would continue to work here if the location wasn't closing. They also have really deep discounts on the food for employees.
Pros
Great envioronment
Cons
closing
Productive and fun work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Many locations around the United StatesJune 14, 2017
Omah Steaks is a fun work environment with benefits possible to get. A good team atmosphere and loyal base of customers. There is room for growth and to move up as well.
decent job
Outbound Telephone Sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 8, 2017
called customers with orders and some without. did not like the cranky customers that did not want to order. Did not like having to ask and re- ask for an order.
Pros
had to purchase lunch
Cons
too short
Good Holiday Money
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2017
Just plan hard work and long hours. You can make good money and get a good workout too. I did two seasons. Would have done more but after having a slight back injury the year before i guess they pulled me off the rehire list. Whatever.... They just lost a good worker.
sales rep
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 4, 2017
selling products
no matter what sell these products.
management did not care about you just as long you sold products.
culture was stressfull.
the stress.
small weekly pay check.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
stress
n/a
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2017
Working for Omaha Steaks has been an adventure.. I have been to California to work and the atmosphere is the same as Houston. It has been a pleasure to work for them.
Good Work Enviroment
Inbound Full-Time (During Seasonal ATL (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 28, 2017
I had a good time working there and it was a balanced place to work. The people there were all nice and friendly and only wanted to help you. It was a great place to work and good work experience
Pros
Discounts, Paid Time Off
Cons
Add-Ons
Fun place to work, new opportunities within your job
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 26, 2017
Supervisors take stride in helping you become a successful sales person. They give you opportunities to help out in other services. Benefits for part time and full time
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedule
Always had fun with my customers. Loved sharing and teaching recipes
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 24, 2017
As long as you were up selling it was all good. They use and abuse their management. Had to beat the quota or never give you the time of day. Felt I was set up so they could fire me. Should have took them to court. But I am to nice and always believed in the product.
Pros
Always made bonus
Cons
Upper management.
a great place to work
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with Omaha Steaks. I enjoyed talking to the customers and the public and helping them make good decisions.It is a good company with great people and good advancement opportunities.
Pros
company discounts, good advancement
Cons
short breaks
answering machines
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 22, 2017
Working at Omaha Steaks was ok. You basically sit on the phone making outbound calls to a variety of customers, ome of the customers would either hang up on you or would not answer the phone. but the upside to working at omaha steaks is I got to try different food
Hard work, but great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 15, 2017
I had a great time working at Omaha. My job was busy at times, and handling a large influx of guests during sales was stressful. It was a very rewarding feeling to send guests home happy with their purchases and knowing you helped them find something tasty. I learned a lot about food and I find myself able to shop and know what kind of quality to look for. I'd recommend working at Omaha, and if you're in Illinois I highly recommend checking out the Orland Park location. Great people there that I will miss dearly.
Cons
No scheduled breaks, but there's usually time to take em.
Easy Job.
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 2, 2017
The most difficult thing about this job is working along side people that have been with the company 15+ years. If you are a people person and are a go with the flow kind of person you will do just fine.
Pros
yearly Bonuses. Unionized employment.
Omaha Steaks
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2017
It was easy to start and the training class made everything come easily. Things were made to help you advance and everyone was helpful as well. I was able to get done what I needed in the shift and leave on time.
very busy, quick thinking
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2017
if you like sitting at a desk all day taking calls, this is for you. but if over the phone sales isn't your thing I wouldn't suggest it. you barely see the management unless you have a question or somethings wrong.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
short breaks, long hours, random schedule
Feels like home
PT Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Many clients have been purchasing these products for a long time. Customers would come in and talk for hours about food, new items and family. The company really knows how to keep their clients happy. The pay rate could be higher especially since the prices keep going up year after year. Part time is the only way to really get in unless someone in management passes away and by then so many others have been waiting the opportunity to advance without having to relocate.
Pros
Samples and few incentives
Cons
Many times the store will not have a patron for hours
Its was ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  1002 john glt blvFebruary 7, 2017
It was just OK nothing special I quit because it was way to far , and they pay wasn't the best . The people were nice , the food they sell is pretty good I think employees would love the discount card you can you.
Pros
Big lunch room & nice people.
Cons
Very pricey.
I had fun working for omaha steaks
Packer made (Former Employee) –  Gretna, NEFebruary 6, 2017
Omaha steaks is a very good place to work for they help you out when you the help and make sure that you comfortable working for them
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Good breaks
Productive and chill workplace.
Outbound Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2017
A typical day at work would be sitting down at your station, logging onto the call group your signed to, calling people and trying to make sales.

At Omaha Steaks, I learned how to be a better communicator.

The management at Omaha Steaks is amazing. If you need help with anything, the will definitely come and help as much as possible.

Omaha Steaks has a productive workplace culture.

The hardest part of the job is second efforts on unwilling customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be actually making a sale.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omaha Steaks. Our community is ready to answer.