Omaha Steaks Employee Reviews in United States

Great pay and benefits but lazy veteran employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJFebruary 26, 2016
Great place to work with some* great employees. Pay is good with bonuses and benefits yet upper mangement lacks a lot. Very lazy manager who never wants to help or even lift a finger during the harder parts of a shift. Work is not divided equally neither are sales. You are expected to make certain sales by a month yet that's impossible when the manager takes all of the good sales and leaves you with nothing. Overall great company but need to watch who they hire. Never got a steady work schedule. Had a monthly schedule but always changed to meet the lives of the manager or her best friend.
Pros
Money, Benifits, hours
Cons
Mangement, scheduling
It was ok
Freezer Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2016
Job was overall cool. Biggest complaint was not knowing when I got off everyday. Face pace constant slave work. Some employees was cool. some management was ok. most enjoyable part of the job was getting off and taking breaks.

best part of the job is the holiday season when you work all the required overtime. Its like having a nice part time during the holidays to cover holiday expenses.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
short breaks, slave work
Good Products Bad Management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 13, 2016
I very much enjoy the Omaha Steaks products but working there was not a positive experience. Customer calls became increasingly hostile the longer I was there and the supervisors were not adept at handling situations between reps and customers and employees themselves. The benefits lessened during my time there and have gone down even more since I left. I personally do not feel that the company is well run by the current CEO. His philosophy regarding how he treats his employees and how he presents himself leaves much to be desired.
Pros
good hours; location; employee discount on products
Cons
poor management and communication between departments; decreasing benefits; hostile customers
Don't Even Apply
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 29, 2016
The job is part time for most. You are alone most of the time. For what you get paid , you will find the job difficult. It's not a hard job, it just the nonsense involving each sale. You are not simply ringing a sales. You have to upsell. It is kind of a scam. If a customer comes in for one item it is not good enough to say thank you come again. You need to sell them more until you have reached at least $80 or so. At first it's ok, but after a week it gets played out. For what this place wants from you, the pay is not enough. Two customers can come in to the store 20 minutes a part and pay a different price. Not fair or honest.

Trust me, you will not be happy here.
Pros
Cons
Codes will drive you crazy. Boring. Unrealistic goals.
The Worse Job I've Ever Had
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2016
I am an outbound sales supervisor and have been there for several years. I've watched this company and dept steadily decline to where its now become a dreaded place to come to work at.
The upper management here are totally unsupportive and offer nothing in the way of a career path or improvement in your position.
Instead, they hammer you for greater and greater sales numbers all to disguise that this is a company in very poor fiscal condition.
The sales supervisors do nothing more than go thru the motions and the reps have little or no interest in doing anything more than the bare minimum to survive this miserable environment.
Pros
Food discounts (during the months it is offerred)
Cons
See above
Productive workplace that takes care of there employees
Freezer Production (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 10, 2016
Management was very personable it was a very comfortable workplace where u never had to feel nervous or out of place. The hardest part of the job at first overcoming the COLD, after u get used to it the hardest part putting on and taking off freezer gear
Pros
Provide you w/ freezer gear and cvoat
Cons
Breaks seemed to be shortened because takes so much time to take gear off
hate it
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  10909 John Galt BlvdMay 10, 2016
I HATE this job, I have only been out of training for a week and a day and I am already looking for a new job. Yes it is good pay and if you're full time they do have good benefits, but I think its a terrible company to work for. If you don't get sales you make your supervisors upset, if you don't second effort you make your supervisors upset, if all you get is answering machines and hang ups they won't accept that as an excuse as to why you didn't get any sales. If someone hangs up before you're able to second effort them you get in trouble.
Pros
HUGE discounts on meat
Cons
terrible company to work for, only a 5 minute break for every hour you work
hard working team lead
Freezer Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 10, 2016
I am in charge of a section of the freezer to make standards are met. Usually I have 10 workers in my section if one is absent I must fill in. I have learned strong work ethic and how to lead a team through my 12 years. Good management is lacking. There s no HR in my facility. I get along great with my co-workers it`s my favorite part of the job. The hardest part of my job is the cold and hours. I start at 5 A.M. and get off when work is complete varies on work flow. During December I work 12 hours 7 days a week. I`m hard working and can run a team
They gave you a consistent work scheduele with a complete detail of your work duties.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 24, 2016
Come in a hour early everyday and unload all dry ice bins. Once they were unloaded promptly distribute the dry ice bins to the proper production lines. After that task was completed unload and load the remaining truck that still had product that needed to be stored or sent out.
Pros
I recieved 10 hrs plus 7 days a week with over time as needed
Cons
Having to reeducate the production workers on job saftey everday
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 1, 2016
There is always room to grow with Omaha steaks which is a positives. I learned that it is important to stay strong when dealing with customers, but also respectful as well. The team members work well together. The most enjoyable part is dealing with all the different people that come through Omaha Steaks whether it be employee or customer.
Pros
starting pay was decent for part time
Great work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 21, 2016
Treat employees with respect with opportunity to grow. Excellent work environment work friendly management. Enjoyed coming to work each day.
Great company to work for.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 24, 2015
Great people, Management,product., however their compensation needs some sprucing up, like maybe a commission basis on the retail sales side.
Good work place with steady hours
freezer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2016
Work with good people that was great, but the unpredictable hours made it hard. Beginning of the day you get you r assigned area. You will do that job until 9:30 then everyone changes to another job until the day ends
Pros
if we made goals for quarter we got free lunch
Cons
unpredictable hours
Worse Place In the World To Work!!!
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 12, 2016
Total Dead End Job!
Reps in Outbound Sales have been there for a year and have NEVER earned a penny of commission!
You call and call and call and never make a sale not because you don't try very hard but because the customers don't want the food!
High pressure to make sales every minute!
Pros
Cons
See Above
Great Productive place to work
Bilingual/Sales Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 29, 2016
How to have a positive attitude to Upsale any Product , Outcoming obstacles be informative and prepared , time mangment, dealing with prices and products unsatisfied customers ,Making the Orders right for the customers
Pros
Gift Cards for Employees every month
Cons
Flexible Schechules, Insurance
Horrible upper management
PC Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 6, 2015
The people in the company as a whole were amazing and wonderful people. I made several life long friends here and enjoyed the work. Management was horrible and career advancement was near impossible due to the longevity of employees who had been there for years and years. New job openings were rare.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
no advancement oppurtunities and bad uppper management
Don't understand this question
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 10909 John Galt BlvdMay 27, 2016
S tay busy.Get the job done Understanding managers.Co workers great.Good money Nice hours. It was a good place to work for.Nice benefits.The management was great.
Fair retail prices
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 8, 2016
The hours were reasonable and the pay was good for what I was doing. The management was effective and the employees were helpful and considerate.
Pros
Good working hours and friendly employees
Cons
Not the best paying job in the world
Scam Hole
outbound salls rep (Former Employee) –  omaha neMay 11, 2016
Nothing but a bunch of liars!
There is NO commission--EVER
High pressure and hassles
There are NO "free snacks"
TV is muted to food stn
Supervisors breathe down yr neck and look for a reason to write you up.
Pros
NONE
Cons
TOO MANY TO LIST
Michigan seems to be the red headed stepchild
Retail Associate, key holder (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 22, 2016
The managers have no real experience besides working for the company so long that they have advanced to the position. Training is little to none, as well as giving incorrect instructions.