Omaha Steaks Employee Reviews

Liars
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2017
First of all, their meat is the same meat that is sold in supermarkets in town! I cannot sale a brand that is lying and deceiving the rest of the company. Their management, HR, supervisors and trainers are not very helpful. That atmosphere was very bad. Maybe that is why they have a hard time keeping people in those raggedy chairs and small cubicles. They had to change their commission because only certain reps are getting commission anyway! I would not buy an Omaha Steak, nor will I work for such a judgmental and unethical employer. You'd be better off working for McD's!
Decent, but not Fantastic
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 4, 2017
A normal day for a sales rep just included a lot of answering machines, customers hanging up, and hearing "put me on your do-not-call list." I can't say, honestly, that I learned a lot of things while working there. It was a fun environment with great people. However, if you do miss days, depending on the hours, it is extremely hard to make those up within reason. Also, there is not a lot of flexibility for hours. If you work part-time, you can only work 18 hours a week.
Don't work there
Outbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 26, 2017
Most managers are mean and push you until you cry!!!! You have to make a minimum amount of sales and if you don't, you are gone - no questions asked.
A fun place to work at.
Seasonal Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 25, 2017
The schedule was very flexible and the company worked with me on my needs. Very simple job. Answer questions for customers, try to sell or upsell, be considerate to people. The hardest part was the call volume increased as we got closer to Christmas. Lots of small contests.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
high call volume the closer to Christmas we got.
Omaha Steaks
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2017
Omaha Steaks is a really decent place to work. Their point system and absent system will mess you up though. Theyre getting more and more stricked. The staff is very friendly. I would recommend working seasonal, during the Christmas hours.
Overall decent job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJAugust 20, 2017
It is a good job to have. Unfortunately it is not easy to get a promotion. Manager is very good. It is close to impossible to be able to work full time here.
The work was good but the pay wasn't
Meat packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2017
The work was easy but it was in a freezer and operating machines. The job also required a lot of overtime but the starting pay was only 9.00/hr. The hours were great though
Great Company to Work for!
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 27, 2017
I loved the perks of this company. The management was great to work for. Very friendly and caring. The bonuses were amazing if you could reach them. The required hours were tough to meet working as a part time job on top of a full time job, but if this is only a part time gig, you're set! Great for someone upbeat and a go getter.
Pros
Great bonuses, incentives, coworkers
Cons
Required minimum hours, have to meet quotas
Had onsite vendors for lunch and huge caferteria
Customer care rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2017
I loved this atmosphere the dress code was business casual and they gave their employees awesome rewards for accomplishments and a nice discount on foods and services just for being an employee there! medical and dental benefits great! however, some of the management at the time I was employed there could have been better. Overall I learned my passion for party planning and stronger selling points.
Pros
flexibility, great incentives, discounts
Cons
point system and not enough accomodation for disabled persons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2017
A typical day working there is helping customers with all of their questions such as where the package is or when will it be shipped out. Payment problems or even just placing an order. There isn't anything to hard about the job. I love going into work there because of all of the coworkers.
Great place to work.
Steak Cutter (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work. People that work here are amazing and the experience offered and given you can take anywhere. I would recommend working here to anyone
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
short breaks
supervision
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 18, 2017
just did job of taking orders had no idea how i was doing the person who was my supervisor introduced himself to me and then never said another word to me while i worked there asked about stats and was told if they dont talk to you you must be doing your job.
Great Place to Work...Low Pay
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the team at this store. The manager was great. Very family oriented. The product is awesome. The issue I had was the compensation and the average ticket goals. I worked here 4 years, outstanding job evaluations but the pay scale is horrible. I was given a total of $.50 over the course of my 4 years. Our bonuses were contingent on average ticket and margin goals that were completely unattainable. We would have new goals every month and if someone came in because they forgot to pick up a $3 jar of seasoning with their purchase and bought nothing else, it completely messed up your average ticket and margin. With these issues and others like coupons the company gives the customers that are not in the ball park of what our ticket and margin goals were set us up for failure. When your pay is only $9.50 an hour, that hurts. Incentive programs for extra mile efforts would be great. I was the 3rd top seller in the country in my 2nd month of working there and all I got was nationwide recognition in an email.
Pros
Good Employee Discounts and Great Product
Cons
Low Pay Rate
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 29, 2017
they make it so you enjoy work while your taking calls , customers are always so wonderful. supervisors are always there as soon as your hand goes up a supervisor is right there to answer your questions
it was a fun place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 27, 2017
Omaha steaks was a fun place to be, fun people and supervisors were really cool and chill. On break i would go out and pass a ball around with a coworker.
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 25, 2017
Omaha steaks is a great place to work you answer phones take peoples orders check on peoples orders and make sure shipping dates work for when the customer will be home and then submit the order.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 19, 2017
Great place to work only issue store is closing. The product is great and they are very willing to help out their employees. The management is very nice and very supportive. I would continue to work here if the location wasn't closing. They also have really deep discounts on the food for employees.
Pros
Great envioronment
Cons
closing
Productive and fun work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Many locations around the United StatesJune 14, 2017
Omah Steaks is a fun work environment with benefits possible to get. A good team atmosphere and loyal base of customers. There is room for growth and to move up as well.
decent job
Outbound Telephone Sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 8, 2017
called customers with orders and some without. did not like the cranky customers that did not want to order. Did not like having to ask and re- ask for an order.
Pros
had to purchase lunch
Cons
too short
Good Holiday Money
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2017
Just plan hard work and long hours. You can make good money and get a good workout too. I did two seasons. Would have done more but after having a slight back injury the year before i guess they pulled me off the rehire list. Whatever.... They just lost a good worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omaha Steaks. Our community is ready to answer.