Omaha Steaks Employee Reviews

Difficult management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2014
A typical day was to do a lot of cleaning with only bursts of busy time. I learned that I needed to go back to school so I could have a skill set in which I would excel. management was difficult on many levels. Co workers were very competitive. Hardest part of job was working 13 hours super sale days of non-stop traffic. I enjoyed the client base.
Pros
discount on delicious steaks..
Cons
no benefits or room for growth.
They have great people working for them
melt-vaac and slicer (Former Employee) –  SnyderOctober 13, 2014
Sorting meat to make sure they weigh right,look good in the package for the custermer. making sure that the tubes were not to hevy for the melt-vac. and if there was meat at the end of the slicer that would be runned agian and counted forand on the end gate that would not weigh right cut for tail or fuita depending on what they need
Pros
good people
Cons
short lunch times
Omaha Steaks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 30, 2014
Omaha Steak will help you get over your shyness and build your confidence up and will give you great customer service skills
Steak its whats for dinner
Direct Sales Agent (Seasonal Worker) (Former Employee) –  omaha, neAugust 28, 2014
loved this jobs making sure the company's top clients had there steaks for their parties or for the year
Productive and fun work environment with mini golf for those who made sales
Direct Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2014
Before Omaha Steaks, I never thought I was good enough to hold a sales position, but once i made my own sales outside of training, It boosted my confidence a little bit more in that area.
awesome
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2014
Awesome work enviornment. Best co workers i've ever worked with.
Best job I've had
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaAugust 18, 2014
Really hated to quit this job but my husband and I have been wanting to relocate for sometime. This was the best job I've ever had. I loved that most of my customers I knew by name and they knew me too because of how long they had shopped there. I enjoyed my staff and many were with me for years at a time. My boss was amazing and would love to work for her again.
Pros
great benefits and bonuses
Omaha Steaks good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 11, 2014
Overall Omaha Steaks was a very close fun family to work with and made it very enjoyable to work. I enjoy learning the in and outs of steaks cuts, meal designing, and all other great food knowledge type of information to help sell and work with guest when selling high quality frozen food items.

Hardest part of job came two years ago, adjust to have an Area Sales Manager, who had other ideas and goals, but could not a commutate well on what they want do and how. And no good jobs, or that boy's from this person made hard to keep the staff and myself happy after a job well done or done above the normal and/or average.Lack of support and direction overall did me in...Felt pushed out and no longer player in the scheme of things to come...

Coaching my sales rep on selling and guest services skills. Then see the outcome of a job well done.
Pros
compensation and bennfits, family enviroment
Cons
lack of leadership, being cut off from support after asm was put in place
Omaha Steaks
Inbound Sales Rep Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2014
Easy going job and easy to work for. I only worked there during seasonal and there a great place to work for , I've been working there seasonal for the past 4 years now. There awesome!
very slow bussiness
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak,miJuly 19, 2014
I worked alone for 9-10 hr a day. It was very boring. The lack of customers was dissapointing.
Pros
quiet atmoshphere
Cons
no breaks

Want to know more about Omaha Steaks?

Ask a question
stressful job
former employee . (Former Employee) –  omaha, NeJune 29, 2014
no room to grow, the hardest part of the job pushing customers to buy.very little hours and little pay.
Cons
upper management
Fun, but Be careful.
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha NeJune 17, 2014
Worked for the beginning OJT where you make 14hrly, but then you are dropped to 7.50 and its easy to make commission whatever you put into it, you will get it back, but the OJT guidelines for scheduling are very harsh. OSI is on a Points System so 1 point in OJT and they can you even if you are really good with sales.
Pros
warm calling, hrly wage, and co-workers
Cons
management, harsh ojt guidelines
Good people to work with, horrible upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 24, 2014
Upper management puts way too much stock in customers and sales associate. Terminates store managers over he said she said silly accusations. Expects you to make Unreachable goals and will reprimand you and even fire you when you don't meet said goals. The benefits are great if you can actually become a full time employee in a store setting. The pay isn't terrible either considering it's a retail job. Upper management just needs to better recognize good staff and managers. Company will not survive backing young staff over seasoned management.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
upper management
Productive work environment.
Specialty (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 16, 2014
Everyone there is so pleasant to work with. They are always willing to help if needed. They give you very good training as well.
A Typical Day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 30, 2014
I call customers and romance the product to get customer to buy again . the management was great and the co-workers was cool to work with . the hardest part of the job was to get the customer to stay on the phone without hanging up. my most enjoyable part of the job was making a high sale.
Pros
long lunch break
Cons
short break
Fun Place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 28, 2014
Its a fun place to work. You get to talk to people all over the USA. Everyone is nice
Pros
you can make your own moey
its okay
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 17, 2014
everyone at Omaha steaks are really nice and make you feel welcome and part of a family nobody is treated badly only downfall is that it is telemarketing :/
Pros
everyone is nice
Cons
its telemarketing
Good People, Always Busy, Great Advancement Opportunities
Senior Graphic & Website Designer & Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 15, 2014
Typical Day - Always busy and a lot of meetings
What I learned - To be a good listener, honest and trustworthy as a manager. And to be dedicated and loyal to the company that you work for and to care about the work you do and who you work with. Treat people the way you want o be treated and respect everyone that you work with and you'll go far.
The hardest part of the job was hitting all the tight deadlines without working extra hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of work, the marketing and IT teams that I worked with.
I had a very positive experience working for this company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 4, 2014
Overall, this was a good job for me. I worked part-time as a sales associate. The store manager was one of the best managers I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Our store manager, along with our district manager, were helpful in training and guiding our staff to be the best we could be for our customers and the company. I did not have experience with management higher up the chain than our district manager. The hardest part of the job was meeting the sales quotas, which weren't impossible, but were difficult given the number of "sales" we had. This company has many different sales going on at the same time, all of which were honored in our store. Keeping track of them all and ensuring that the customer was happy and getting the best value while meeting sales goals was a little tricky sometimes. Having said that, I managed to meet and/or exceed the sales goals every month (except 1) in the time I worked for this company. Bonuses are paid whenever the goals are met. I would still be working at this store if a landlord dispute had not caused the store to close, while it searches for a new location.
Pros
schedule, employee discount
Cons
several sales at the same time, consecutive sales
Great Company to work for especially if you are self-motivated and enthusiastic about selling.
Part-time Direct Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 2, 2014
A typical day at Omaha Steaks varies depending upon the time of day and the goals set. I've learned that the amount of money you make depends greatly on your attitude and work ethics. Management encourages us to do our best and remain positive and enthusiastic. Co-workers are somewhat helpful but competitive. The hardest part of the job is constant rejection and pressure to met goals no matter where we are in the calling cycle. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course the taste tests and the flexible schedules.