Omaha Steaks

Omaha Steaks Employer Reviews

Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: small work areas
Lots of learning tools and help for managers to close sales.
Good company to work for.
Outbound Sales (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 28, 2014
Really helpful managers, I feel like they don't pay as well as they should for the amount of stuff that their employees deal with on a regular basis.
Quality Steaks
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: excellent food
Cons: variety
During the course of the day at Omaha Steaks, I usually do a variety of tasks. Anything from stocking the shelves, to up selling at the cash register. I would highly recommend anyone looking for excellent, quality steaks to either stop into your local Omaha Steaks shop, or order online.
A fun productive place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Omaha NEDecember 23, 2013
Pros: staff is great and understanding
Cons: benefits
Call past customers and see if they would like to purchase other products for the holiday season.
I love my job!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2013
Pros: overtime, employee discount.
Cons: flexibility, compensation.
It is a rewarding job working at Omaha Steaks. I love making people happy, and thats pretty much the job description. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. The customer must be thrilled by the end of the phone call. And it feels good when people go from flustered, confused, or upset. To happy, laughing, cheerful people.
Seasonal position good for the Christmas season good pay
/ assembly (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 23, 2013
Pros: good people work there
Cons: don't give a person who work there before a chance, they don't get back to you when they say they will
Management is good they have good people working for them what I didn't like is that they didn't give a chance to work for them this years never got back to me abt me work I work seasonal for them for three year all the way until done not fair they rather give people who never work for them a chance not fair when your reliable there on time and a hard – more... work give people a chance who work before – less
Easy going work enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 18, 2013
Pros: easy going work environment
Cons: not full time and doesnt oay enoguh
Good second job but not only job because company does not pay enough. But its an easy going environment leaving a lot of free time to read or do other things.
Flexible Scheduling
Outbound Sales (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 2, 2013
In outbound sales you could pretty much come and go as you please. Just get your hours in, work when you're productive, leave when you weren't.
It was a great work place. Would love to go back
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 24, 2013
Pros: long hours
Cons: short breaks
I had a good time working there the people were cool an the job place was great.
Hated it
sanation worker (Former Employee), Omaha, Ne.September 22, 2013
Pros: tuition reinburstment
Cons: 3rd shift
No room for advancement. Very poor management employee relations.
Easygoing work environment
Manager (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYAugust 21, 2013
Assist customers with their purchasing decisions. Fun and easygoing environment at all times.
Fun place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2013
Loved working their it was a fun seasonal position.Love working with customers on a daily basis and Customer service is my strength!
Great family-owned company
Retail Stores Sales Representative (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 23, 2013
This is a great company to work for. It's family-owned and the managers there are wonderful and very friendly.
A fun place to work
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 23, 2013
The ordering system is easy to work with and the leads are helpful.
A fun job to work.
Freezer worker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 3, 2013
Pros: good co-worker to work on line.
Cons: bad co-worker.
working on the line. to work well with co-worker. to have good management. to have good co-worker. the hardest part cleaning the big tanks. the most enjoyable part breaks.
Small conservative company with not much room for advancement
Manager (Former Employee), North CarolinaApril 9, 2013
Pros: quiet time, part time benefits
Cons: high pressure sales, lack of feedback loop, 24/7 on call, culture, moral center is gray
A majority of available careers are sales jobs in the inbound/outbound call centers or retail stores. I will touch on the retail stores.

In the retail stores there is constant pressure to up sell products. The training and coaching is geared towards high pressure sales techniques, and 'white lying' is encouraged to sell the product (most sales associates – more... aren't meat experts, the product is not graded or labeled with popular convention, product experience is not genuine, etc). It wasn't for me; for the right person it is a living wage, if they don't mind trying to up sell senior citizens with 'creative' methods.

Compensation is a bit low for management based on the amount of pressure and long hours, bonuses are pretty lousy, and incentive programs lack any ability to motivate. Benefits are fair for a retail position. Part time employees are paid about average when you factor in incentives. Part time employees are eligible for benefits and bonuses, though the option is expensive.

Culture is that of a small company. There is no working feedback loop for employees. Cronyism is evident yet doesn't provide many benefits since there is a lack of advancement opportunities. Management gives free reign in each individual store yet micro manages from afar. There tends to be too much focus on small issues with little concern for long term vision (think nit picky and small minded).

Job security is typical of retail. Sales jobs tend to have high turnover and that feeling of constantly being on the edge of employment was constant.

Work life balance is rough. You are on call 24/7 and can expect to work well over 40 hours a week.

The WORST part of the company is how much they push their employees to get customer information to spam them; you will hear it from customers, who sometimes snap with all the pushiness...
Ironically, you as an employee will all of a sudden start getting spam in the mail and over the phone from Omaha based companies (First National Bank of Omaha for example, who confirmed I was receiving their mail because of my association with Omaha Steaks).

The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the solitary you can expect during the day. It is a great opportunity to do some homework or reflect on life while you clean up the store.

To conclude, other than providing some income for a year or so, I did not gain anything of value from my employment at Omaha Steaks. I did learn a few things about meat, but nothing that has benefited my career since. It was just a job... if I had a choice I would probably choose a different company. But if you need income, and you don't have many options, Omaha Steaks probably beats out McDonald's. – less
Good job if you have no ambition
Umm yeah I still work here... (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 29, 2013
Pros: great pay and ot (say goodbye to family at christmas)
Cons: moral sewer.
Management plays favorites like crazy! They like to be your friend, but enjoy those who are "very friendly." The whole place has more hook ups than be believed. You can't even tri too move up in this place. Right now too me pay is good Butt i need a more professional place to work
Excellent Management
Outbound Sales of Gourmet food (Former Employee), 10909 John Gault Blvd Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2013
Pros: job started at 10 dollars an hour, liberal break schedule (40 minutes in a 8 hour day), enjoyable people to work with.
Cons: after 12 weeks of employment pay rate goes to 7.50 per hour plus like a .04% commison, that is about the only negative about the job.
My typical work day consisted on receiving outbound calls from an automatic dialer. Learned to overcome objections and using transitions in sales presentations.

The management is top notch. I have high praise for their human relationship stills, and competency in their job functions.

Co-workers typically are very polite and friendly.

Hardest part – more... of the job was accomplishing the average sale. You call 10 people to actually contact 1. And if out of 10 contacts you make 1 sale you are really doing well. – less
Going out of business
Phone Sales (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: long hours
Omaha steaks at one time was good.selling over priced steaks on the phone is not good anymore.
Productive, fun workplace with much to do!
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: company only hires part time.
My day generally starts with going over my tickets and analyzing my sales from the day before. My manager and I discuss different sales techniques so I can reach my monthly goals. My co-workers always work as a team and are enjoyable making the atmosphere relaxed. The hardest part of the job is knowing when to go in for the hard sell. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is realizing your success at the end of a shift. – less

About Omaha Steaks

Omaha Steaks manufactures, markets and distributes a wide variety of premium steaks, red meats and other gourmet foods. These – Read more