Omaha Steaks

Omaha Steaks United States Employee Reviews

stressful job
former employee . (Former Employee), omaha, NeJune 29, 2014
Cons: upper management
no room to grow, the hardest part of the job pushing customers to buy.very little hours and little pay.
Fun, but Be careful.
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee), Omaha NeJune 17, 2014
Pros: warm calling, hrly wage, and co-workers
Cons: management, harsh ojt guidelines
Worked for the beginning OJT where you make 14hrly, but then you are dropped to 7.50 and its easy to make commission whatever you put into it, you will get it back, but the OJT guidelines for scheduling are very harsh. OSI is on a Points System so 1 point in OJT and they can you even if you are really good with sales.
Good people to work with, horrible upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plainview, NYMay 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: upper management
Upper management puts way too much stock in customers and sales associate. Terminates store managers over he said she said silly accusations. Expects you to make Unreachable goals and will reprimand you and even fire you when you don't meet said goals. The benefits are great if you can actually become a full time employee in a store setting. The pay isn't terrible either considering it's a retail job. Upper management just needs to better recognize good staff and managers. Company will not survive backing young staff over seasoned management.
Productive work environment.
Specialty (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 16, 2014
Everyone there is so pleasant to work with. They are always willing to help if needed. They give you very good training as well.
A Typical Day
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 30, 2014
Pros: long lunch break
Cons: short break
I call customers and romance the product to get customer to buy again . the management was great and the co-workers was cool to work with . the hardest part of the job was to get the customer to stay on the phone without hanging up. my most enjoyable part of the job was making a high sale.
Fun Place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 28, 2014
Pros: you can make your own moey
Its a fun place to work. You get to talk to people all over the USA. Everyone is nice
its okay
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 17, 2014
Pros: everyone is nice
Cons: its telemarketing
everyone at Omaha steaks are really nice and make you feel welcome and part of a family nobody is treated badly only downfall is that it is telemarketing :/
Good People, Always Busy, Great Advancement Opportunities
Senior Graphic & Website Designer & Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 15, 2014
Typical Day - Always busy and a lot of meetings
What I learned - To be a good listener, honest and trustworthy as a manager. And to be dedicated and loyal to the company that you work for and to care about the work you do and who you work with. Treat people the way you want o be treated and respect everyone that you work with and you'll go far.
The hardest part of the job was hitting all the tight deadlines without working extra hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of work, the marketing and IT teams that I worked with.
I had a very positive experience working for this company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLMarch 4, 2014
Pros: schedule, employee discount
Cons: several sales at the same time, consecutive sales
Overall, this was a good job for me. I worked part-time as a sales associate. The store manager was one of the best managers I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Our store manager, along with our district manager, were helpful in training and guiding our staff to be the best we could be for our customers and the company. I did not have experience with management higher up the chain than our district manager. The hardest part of the job was meeting the sales quotas, which weren't impossible, but were difficult given the number of "sales" we had. This company has many different sales going on at the same time, all of which were honored in our store. Keeping track of them all and ensuring that the customer was happy and getting the best value while meeting sales goals was a little tricky sometimes. Having said that, I managed to meet and/or exceed the sales goals every month (except 1) in the time I worked for this company. Bonuses are paid whenever the goals are met. I would still be working at this store if a landlord dispute had not caused the store to close, while it searches for a new location.
Great Company to work for especially if you are self-motivated and enthusiastic about selling.
Part-time Direct Sales Professional (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 2, 2014
A typical day at Omaha Steaks varies depending upon the time of day and the goals set. I've learned that the amount of money you make depends greatly on your attitude and work ethics. Management encourages us to do our best and remain positive and enthusiastic. Co-workers are somewhat helpful but competitive. The hardest part of the job is constant rejection and pressure to met goals no matter where we are in the calling cycle. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course the taste tests and the flexible schedules.
productive & fun environment
seasonal sales rep (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2014
My review of the job was great.. the work was easy, fast paced at times and layed back at other times. I learned how to problem solve in a fast paced manner with the best solutions for the customers. Management was nice and always promt to help. The co-workers were hard workers and also seemed to enjoy being there. The hardest part of the job was reassuring people that their orders would be there on a definate day because some days there were delays due to the shipping company having so many ordes around the holiday seasons. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS KNOWING THAT IF YOU PUSHED YOURSELF TO THE MAX, YOU QUALIFY TO WIN CASH PRIZES, GIFT CARDS, ETC.
Love working with people
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee), Omaha NEFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: employee discount on gourmet steaks, products
Cons: slow times when people do not want to buy anything.
Calling existing customers and providing them with our special discounted packages. Working with great people that make the day fun and enjoyable.
Most enjoyable part of the job is selling lots of products and making a great commision .
Really good benefits, but need more stable hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: school riembursement
Cons: need more hours
Keeps me very busy. Very good benefits! My manager is really understanding.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: pot lucks
Cons: small work areas
Lots of learning tools and help for managers to close sales.
Good company to work for.
Outbound Sales (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 28, 2014
Really helpful managers, I feel like they don't pay as well as they should for the amount of stuff that their employees deal with on a regular basis.
Quality Steaks
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: excellent food
Cons: variety
During the course of the day at Omaha Steaks, I usually do a variety of tasks. Anything from stocking the shelves, to up selling at the cash register. I would highly recommend anyone looking for excellent, quality steaks to either stop into your local Omaha Steaks shop, or order online.
A fun productive place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Omaha NEDecember 23, 2013
Pros: staff is great and understanding
Cons: benefits
Call past customers and see if they would like to purchase other products for the holiday season.
I love my job!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2013
Pros: overtime, employee discount.
Cons: flexibility, compensation.
It is a rewarding job working at Omaha Steaks. I love making people happy, and thats pretty much the job description. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. The customer must be thrilled by the end of the phone call. And it feels good when people go from flustered, confused, or upset. To happy, laughing, cheerful people.
Seasonal position good for the Christmas season good pay
/ assembly (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 23, 2013
Pros: good people work there
Cons: don't give a person who work there before a chance, they don't get back to you when they say they will
Management is good they have good people working for them what I didn't like is that they didn't give a chance to work for them this years never got back to me abt me work I work seasonal for them for three year all the way until done not fair they rather give people who never work for them a chance not fair when your reliable there on time and a hard work give people a chance who work before
Easy going work enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 18, 2013
Pros: easy going work environment
Cons: not full time and doesnt oay enoguh
Good second job but not only job because company does not pay enough. But its an easy going environment leaving a lot of free time to read or do other things.

About Omaha Steaks

Omaha Steaks manufactures, markets and distributes a wide variety of premium steaks, red meats and other gourmet foods. These – Read more

Omaha Steaks Salaries