Omaha Steaks Employee Reviews

Excellent Management
Outbound Sales of Gourmet food (Former Employee) –  10909 John Gault Blvd Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2013
My typical work day consisted on receiving outbound calls from an automatic dialer. Learned to overcome objections and using transitions in sales presentations.

The management is top notch. I have high praise for their human relationship stills, and competency in their job functions.

Co-workers typically are very polite and friendly.

Hardest part of the job was accomplishing the average sale. You call 10 people to actually contact 1. And if out of 10 contacts you make 1 sale you are really doing well.
Pros
job started at 10 dollars an hour, liberal break schedule (40 minutes in a 8 hour day), enjoyable people to work with.
Cons
after 12 weeks of employment pay rate goes to 7.50 per hour plus like a .04% commison, that is about the only negative about the job.
Good opportunity in taking customer orders on inbound calling
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 26, 2016
worked 3-4 hours per day 3-4 days per week to help with holiday expenses. Learned a great deal about this Company and their products.Most of co-workers were trying to do the same as I.
Hardest part of job was when packages were not delivered in a timely manner, resulting in late gifts or spoiled contents.
Was great problem resolution experience.
Pros
Sort shifts available
Cons
Not many opportunities for year round part time.
Don't Even Apply
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 29, 2016
The job is part time for most. You are alone most of the time. For what you get paid , you will find the job difficult. It's not a hard job, it just the nonsense involving each sale. You are not simply ringing a sales. You have to upsell. It is kind of a scam. If a customer comes in for one item it is not good enough to say thank you come again. You need to sell them more until you have reached at least $80 or so. At first it's ok, but after a week it gets played out. For what this place wants from you, the pay is not enough. Two customers can come in to the store 20 minutes a part and pay a different price. Not fair or honest.

Trust me, you will not be happy here.
Pros
Cons
Codes will drive you crazy. Boring. Unrealistic goals.
Productive yet fun.
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 31, 2015
A typical day at work is us sitting in the chairs making calls, but sense you got mainly voice-mails or people hanging-up on you, we all just sort of talked to each other. The hardest part of the job was getting someone on the phone who would listen for a little bit to hear what you have to say. I learned how to make random conversation with someone on the phone, also how to multi-task. The co-worker's are amazing, fun to talk to, yet still let's you do your job. The most enjoyable part is when you get a kind person on the phone who is a very talkative person.
Pros
Paid breaks, benefits
Cons
sort breaks.
It's a good place but not slow for me
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 5, 2016
It's a great place to work! Flexible hours. My coworkers are very kind & supportive. Everyone is friendly and helps you out when you need it. but sales just aren't for me.
Good people to work with, horrible upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 24, 2014
Upper management puts way too much stock in customers and sales associate. Terminates store managers over he said she said silly accusations. Expects you to make Unreachable goals and will reprimand you and even fire you when you don't meet said goals. The benefits are great if you can actually become a full time employee in a store setting. The pay isn't terrible either considering it's a retail job. Upper management just needs to better recognize good staff and managers. Company will not survive backing young staff over seasoned management.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Upper management
Productive and Fun place to work
Sale person (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 10, 2015
A typical day involves doing store procedures promptly, greeting customers wholeheartedly and selling/ educating customers about the products. I learned what the working world was really about and how to believe in my abilities. The manager is one of the kindest and most empathetic persons one will ever meet. The hardest part of the job is trying not to forget numbers associated with each and every product in the store. The most enjoyable part is working with such funny, encouraging and hardworking teammates.
Pros
generous discount on expensive steaks, compromise-able schedule
Cons
lack of full time position, few benefits
Omaha Steaks good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 11, 2014
Overall Omaha Steaks was a very close fun family to work with and made it very enjoyable to work. I enjoy learning the in and outs of steaks cuts, meal designing, and all other great food knowledge type of information to help sell and work with guest when selling high quality frozen food items.

Hardest part of job came two years ago, adjust to have an Area Sales Manager, who had other ideas and goals, but could not a commutate well on what they want do and how. And no good jobs, or that boy's from this person made hard to keep the staff and myself happy after a job well done or done above the normal and/or average.Lack of support and direction overall did me in...Felt pushed out and no longer player in the scheme of things to come...

Coaching my sales rep on selling and guest services skills. Then see the outcome of a job well done.
Pros
Compensation and Bennfits, Family Enviroment
Cons
Lack of leadership, being cut off from support after ASM was put in place
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 1, 2016
There is always room to grow with Omaha steaks which is a positives. I learned that it is important to stay strong when dealing with customers, but also respectful as well. The team members work well together. The most enjoyable part is dealing with all the different people that come through Omaha Steaks whether it be employee or customer.
Pros
starting pay was decent for part time
hard working team lead
Freezer Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 10, 2016
I am in charge of a section of the freezer to make standards are met. Usually I have 10 workers in my section if one is absent I must fill in. I have learned strong work ethic and how to lead a team through my 12 years. Good management is lacking. There s no HR in my facility. I get along great with my co-workers it`s my favorite part of the job. The hardest part of my job is the cold and hours. I start at 5 A.M. and get off when work is complete varies on work flow. During December I work 12 hours 7 days a week. I`m hard working and can run a team
Great company to work for.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 24, 2015
Great people, Management,product., however their compensation needs some sprucing up, like maybe a commission basis on the retail sales side.
Customer service
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2016
A typical day at work is answering the phones and assisting customers with their orders. Making sure that they were satisfied with the results at the end of the call.
Difficult management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2014
A typical day was to do a lot of cleaning with only bursts of busy time. I learned that I needed to go back to school so I could have a skill set in which I would excel. management was difficult on many levels. Co workers were very competitive. Hardest part of job was working 13 hours super sale days of non-stop traffic. I enjoyed the client base.
Pros
Discount on delicious steaks..
Cons
No benefits or room for growth.
Fair retail prices
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 8, 2016
The hours were reasonable and the pay was good for what I was doing. The management was effective and the employees were helpful and considerate.
Pros
Good working hours and friendly employees
Cons
Not the best paying job in the world
good job.
Direct Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha NEAugust 10, 2016
They pay well, and do offer amazing discounts on the food. SO there's that. This job is something i would recommend to those who are content and some what lazy though, because this job deprives you of physical activity.
Good work place with steady hours
freezer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2016
Work with good people that was great, but the unpredictable hours made it hard. Beginning of the day you get you r assigned area. You will do that job until 9:30 then everyone changes to another job until the day ends
Pros
if we made goals for quarter we got free lunch
Cons
unpredictable hours
They gave you a consistent work scheduele with a complete detail of your work duties.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 24, 2016
Come in a hour early everyday and unload all dry ice bins. Once they were unloaded promptly distribute the dry ice bins to the proper production lines. After that task was completed unload and load the remaining truck that still had product that needed to be stored or sent out.
Pros
I recieved 10 hrs plus 7 days a week with over time as needed
Cons
Having to reeducate the production workers on job saftey everday
It was ok
Freezer Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2016
Job was overall cool. Biggest complaint was not knowing when I got off everyday. Face pace constant slave work. Some employees was cool. some management was ok. most enjoyable part of the job was getting off and taking breaks.

best part of the job is the holiday season when you work all the required overtime. Its like having a nice part time during the holidays to cover holiday expenses.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
short breaks, slave work
I love my job!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2013
It is a rewarding job working at Omaha Steaks. I love making people happy, and thats pretty much the job description. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. The customer must be thrilled by the end of the phone call. And it feels good when people go from flustered, confused, or upset. To happy, laughing, cheerful people.
Pros
Overtime, employee discount.
Cons
Flexibility, compensation.
Best job I've had
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaAugust 18, 2014
Really hated to quit this job but my husband and I have been wanting to relocate for sometime. This was the best job I've ever had. I loved that most of my customers I knew by name and they knew me too because of how long they had shopped there. I enjoyed my staff and many were with me for years at a time. My boss was amazing and would love to work for her again.
Pros
great benefits and bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omaha Steaks. Our community is ready to answer.