Omega Institute Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMay 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working for linclin tech fun team good benefits great pay clean environment. Great management. The programs were good place was also very good. Just a wondefful experience. So sorry they went out of business.
Pros
GREAT PROGRAMS MANAGEMENT AND PAY
Cons
I NO LONGER WORK THERE
Excellent company
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYOctober 14, 2015
I learned work ethic and customer relation skills.
This was a volunteer job. We lived in tents scattered around the facility.
Every morning i awoke in my tent and proceeded to the dining hall. We would serve massive amounts of people that were paying to attend retreats and other classes.
Pros
Fun enviornment
Cons
No room for advancement
This has been the most rewarding position I have held for 15 yrs.
Full Charge Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJOctober 7, 2014
Omega institute is a secondary school. We are a medical career school, which has been in business for 35 years.

It is not just a job but we are family and I have had the opportunity to be a part of .

Every day at Omega is always different, but very busy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping students with their private pay payments. Making a difference in of their lives.
Pros
the relationship i have with my superiors.
Overall outstanding school and management
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJSeptember 15, 2014
the management team here are fantastic. I enjoy coming to work here every day. Even the co-workers are great. Great team culture, stress free environment.
Family Oriented work place with lots of support
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken New JerseySeptember 5, 2014
I enjoyed working at Omega Institute because of the family friendly atmosphere. I never felt like a number lots of support and team work at this company.
There were annual work reviews and bonuses that made me feel appreciated.
They did not recognize seniority which was a little disconcerting but nothing is perfect.
Overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
annual work review and community out reach programs.
Cons
no seniority
Great place to work with & enjoy the garden!!
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYDecember 3, 2013
Always expect the unexpected. I have learned to talk issues out with workers. Management will listen & they protect they're workers. My coworkers, I like to work with them & we all communicate well. Hardest part of the job is when people call out, some people don't listen & you have a lot going on. Most enjoyable part of the job is dishwasher. I like to clean dishes & directing people on what to do when they are newbies.
Pros
a good healthy 3x a day of veggie meals & some workshops are free.
Cons
short breaks for part timers but if your hungry still, they do give you little extra time.
Receiving Manager
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Rhinebeck, NYJune 11, 2013
I was responsible for up to $75,000 on a daily basis.
It was my job to manage the receiving team. I received all orders, working with truck drivers. Stock and rotate all food regularly using FIFO method. Regular inventory reports.
Maintain organization of all areas storage, coolers, freezers, and work spaces.
The hardest part of the job was finding space for items for the busy weekends we had
The most enjoyable part was that Omega was a place where you lived and worked. so I rode my bike to work daily and working with like minded people.
Pros
free meals, sometimes got off early if it was slow and my work was done
Cons
you never know when a truck is gonna come in. i sometimes had to check in 4 trucks at once
Review
Ma Instructor/Career Services (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 9, 2012
The most enjoyable part is the students. I learned alot about other cultures. My co-workers are alot of fun and make the day go by fast.
Pros
close to home
Cons
health insurance

4.8