Omega World Travel Employee Reviews

I liked the job.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 17, 2017
I liked the actual job but found the management (local and corporate) lacking. There were definite favorites and discipline was not consistent among all employees.
Busy reservation call center.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Fast paced reservation call center. Great team to work with, agents help each other out. Management always available to help. Extremely busy, will be on all after call, booking air, car and hotel travel.
Omega World Travel was a joy to go to for work. The only problem I had was the low pay.
ARC Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 9, 2017
I rarely had a day while working at Omega that I had to go it alone. Everyone was willing to jump in and help to find that one issue that kept me from resolving a problem at any one of the Omega field offices.
Pros
Early outs if we can finish all of the Branches assigned prior to the end of the day.
Worst job ever
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 7, 2017
The only good thing I got out of this company was learning how to be a travel agent. Other than that, the management is horrible. The Jacksonville, NC office is run down. I would never recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Great training/learning experience
Do your research
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 11, 2017
Do your research about the company culture and management overall. Staying there was all due to the people I worked with. The work balance is not as great and hard to flex hours.
Great place to work, relaxed atmosphere, nice people.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 23, 2017
Learned a lot about the travel industry. The staff is patient and always willing to help. Management is very helpful and understanding. The best part of the job is the ability to learn all aspects of the industry.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Low pay/poor benefits
Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 7, 2017
Create prospect list and work on obtaining new clients for the company. No commission offered. Clear goals and objectives need to be laid out. Work required some travel.
Great Place to work
System Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 8, 2016
Great place to work, Co workers are very helpful. Management always there to help and listen. Flexibility of schedule. Since they have office across US, 70% travel involved.

Get travel benefits and discount on Hotels.
Loved working here
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 3, 2016
Loved working with NIS, had regular agents that I dealt with on a daily basis. NIS agents were great, training was good. Very helpful coworkers. Friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Consistency
Cons
Dress code
The travel envirornment is always changing, everyone was wonderful to work with.
Settlement Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 13, 2015
I worked for Omega World Travel for 10 years, I enjoyed every part of my job, during the time I was with the company I changed positions several times, I was willing to learn all aspects of the accounting part of the travel world. I would have loved to work virtually if it was available.
Average Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 24, 2015
Omega World Travel is an average company. I handled the bank reconciliations and credit card activity. At times, we were requested to stay late and would pay overtime. However, when it came to pay the overtime, we were told to cut the hours.
Pros
Good Working hours
Cons
Not giving employees what was promised
The worst place I have ever worked for
Customer Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 8, 2015
The company is so cheap they would not buy any paper for a short period of time. We had to raise money on our own to have a holiday party. I was shocked when they did buy new computers. They would only buy a certain amount of Mircosoft Excel programs for only particular people. The rest of the employees had only trial version of Excel and really limited the capability of the success of the company. Very unorganized and almost difficult to work with the other locations to get information. Management had favorites that would get to go out to lunch and not make up their time like the rest of us had to. No breaks other than your state mandated 30 minute lunch break.
Pros
Training classes that were free from the local college
Cons
Pay, no team work with other sites and politics
Travel
Accounts Payables /Receivables (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville North CarolinaJanuary 4, 2015
Omega was a temp position. I reconciled their payment to the customer travel fare and I collected charge backs on credit cards payment.
Pros
It was a new experience working for the travel industries.
Cons
Short Time
fun place to work
TRAVEL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 9, 2014
there is no room for growth, the company downsized so much that everyone is doing 2-3 different jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was making my clients happy and keeping them satisfied, and keeping their credit card statements reconciled.
Pros
hotels would provide lunch sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Developed and maintained account alliances with corporations.
Customer Service Corporate Travel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 4, 2014
Supervised inbound calls, booked and maintained airline reservations.

Trained corporate sales/ customer service team.

There is more than one way to accomplish a common goal.

My co-workers were very diverse and each person brought something special to the team.

Pleasing a customer while staying inside their companies guide lines.

Hearing how pleased the customers are with our work and performance.
Pros
Work hours and compensation
Cons
The travel industries constant change.
Challenging
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 5, 2014
I had sever different positions with Omega Travel and each one was a challenge
Clients are great and company could be too, sometimes!
Lead Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 7, 2013
I worked here for quite a while and I really enjoyed my job and my clients. But this company does tend to want to overwork you and not pay you for it. Also, in my opinion they do not like to give credit where credit is do. I spent many a day coming in early and staying late and could never advance myself past Lead Travel counselor. They made promises for advancement that never came to fruition.
Pros
Every month they did " honor " their employees with a luncheon.
Great people
Accounts Payable /Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 19, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with great people in a customer service environment.
fun workplace
Travel Agent/ Debit Memo Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 12, 2013
I enjoyed working others. I learned how to book a reservations, debit memos, phonetic spelling for airports. love my job
Pros
hour lunches, pay, benefits
Cons
mgmt
one of the best places to work in Jacksonville
Accounting dept (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 18, 2012
the people you work with make this place worth it as management is so penny wise and dollar short and one day they are going to run it into the ground due to their short sightedness.