Omega Employee Reviews in United States

collections
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tiffany Springs, MOAugust 24, 2015
Management changes are made too often. It is not proposed to the collectors on the floor before changes are made. It is done by people that have not been in or on the floor in years. Only what they feel is best for the company and not the workers. The collectors are the ones that make the company money and they are the ones that are penalized for minimal things that cause others not to make money. Quotas are set as a group and not based off of individual paid employees because their salaries are different.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Cons
Poor management
Horrible group of people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 17, 2015
HORRIBLE place to work! Can't trust anyone!!! Everyone is disposable and all they care about is themselves! Manager is clueless to the market and often falls asleep starring at the computer. Horrible breath! The assistant is young and will do anything to become the manager. The key holder with the most experience is a bitter old woman who only cares about herself and no one else! Very sad!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Ok benefits.
Horrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 13, 2016
Horrible place to work, they do not appreciate any of their employees. Do not expect to be promoted easily here they run on favoritism. They will over work you and then make you leave early so you don't do overtime. Always had problems with them paying me the correct amount. Not worth the time or effort here, and the manager is a joke.
Benefits
Cons
Working here
Great Place to Work
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2016
Great place to work, friendly staff, great company bonuses, great company business, great management staff! I wish the company would still be in business & would be retiring by now.
Pros
GREAT COMPANY BUSINESS
Cons
OUT OF BUSINESS TOO SOON
challenging and rewarding, but also draining
anonymous (Former Employee) –  usaJune 9, 2015
if you enjoy daily challenges, then work here. It is not an easy path to success here, but that can also be rewarding when you are able to overcome difficulties and succeed. Huge drawbacks include work/life balance, advancement, and policy that at times mistreats/under appreciates its workforce.
Pros
product, pay, prestige
Cons
stressful environment, work life balance, forget about ever taking PTO
Productive workplace with a great amount of knowledge on time pieces
Customer Service/Security (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2015
Each day at Omega is different and is never predictable. Some days are very busy and filled with energy and some are the complete opposite and filled with down time. Honestly the hardest part of the job is trying to stay busy or get pass the slow days that aren't so busy. There's always something new to learn about the company its self or the product, there's so much history behind both. I most enjoyed learning how the time pieces work and meeting customers who were very passionate about them. Management was great and always listened to any ideas or concerns.
Pros
Education on time pieces and history was fun
Cons
Couldn't leave work place for lunch
serving food
server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2016
i love d working for this company. working as a server was great. i got a chance to interaact with all types of people. and it made me better waitress.
Section 8 work over all work was ok
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 19, 2013
Work hard be productive working with all levels of people management change from job to job most were good workers a lot of ego's.Managing work day around tenants that did not comply with posting of up coming work.Also dealing with sub contractors crews that did not follow direction.Completion and work preform on time and people that meet and work with most property owner and managers.
Pros
good company, truck gas and hotel
Cons
type of work and dealings with outside companys
great place to work
Executive Support Team Leader/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  washington, dcApril 27, 2014
career advancement
great compensation to the employees
great team/company to work for
Pros
great management
Cons
no cons
ok place to work
Order Entry/support (Current Employee) –  waterloo iaAugust 11, 2015
big company, lots of employees, employee discount available. can work in either factory or office, volunteer opportunities for in the community.
Pros
close to home
Cons
getting bigger and bigger

Want to know more about Omega?

Ask a question
Keep searching
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 27, 2013
I have been in luxury sales for over 10 years. I only worked for Omega less than 6 months. Management was unorganized, unprofessional and lacks communication with itself and the staff. Heavily micro-managed. Store customer traffic is low, so a lot of busy work is given (which often is the same projects revised).
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management, sales (not enough traffic), environment, micro-managed
Disorganized/micromanaged/unprofessional
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Midwest RegionJune 16, 2014
Corporate management with Omega timepieces is very disorganized/District managers are very unprofessional and micromanage their staff at rediculous levels. I have been a luxury retail professional for over 15 years, and I have not ever been exposed to a more unprofessional, disorganized organization as such. This company has lost MANY excellent managers due to a lack of communication, poor training techniques, over stepping boundaries of personal and professional space, and most important not allowing staff (or empowering staff) to take care of its' own clietele respectfully.
Pros
great product
Cons
read review
Beware of this company!!!
Corporate Executive (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMay 15, 2014
This group of people hire only Asians to work in their Omega retail stores. They actually told me that they can trust them. They will not hire black people or Mexicans unless it's a door guard position. Not only is this company racist but th head executives are racist as we'll. They have headquarters located in New Jersey and very single one of them at the corporate office is racist. Don't waste your time with this company, these people don't even know anything about retail management or running a retail store anyways. Work for Tiffany's & Co or Rolex.
Cons
racist group of people running this comnpany
Amazing training program,with passion driven skills.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MIMay 8, 2013
The management staff there were very nice,and I would of stayed there all year if it weren't for the sad fact that this was only a four week training program. I really enjoy graphic design and am very creative and it was very enjoyable to have co-workers and their artistic views as well. I am very passion driven to art and I am very detail oriented so my work was slow, but in the end my work was the most creative and a lot of people recognized it, and I am very honored and humbled to have worked there.
Pros
free lunches, got to work on my passion, great staff
Cons
only a 4 week program.
Excellent oppertunity for life experience as related to Security Industry.
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis TN.May 31, 2015
My time at Omega Group I international LLc, was indeed one of personal and professional growth do to my hands on role and responsibilities carried out on a day to day basis.
Pros
Oppertunity to work with other profestionals
Cons
None to speak of>
Welding
Welder (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 13, 2014
Low rate of pay and poor working conditions, outdoor work, no raise in pay
i learned on how to keep working hard
railroad construction (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 5, 2015
the days at omega were extremely difficult and sometimes long while working in omega I Learned to use heavy machinery and also I learned a little welding. many of my co workers enjoyed working for omega simply becase it gave them a opportunity to learn. the hardest part was lifting the heavy machinery. I enjoyed the job because I kept working hard.
I learned a lot of new things. It was a fun place to work.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 3, 2014
During my employment I have learned a lot about the oil industry and the various methods of extracting oil from the ground. I have also learned about the different methods to recycle the materials needed to extract oil.
Pros
the job is educational.
Cons
no benefits such as paid vacations, health care, or room for growth.
great place to work while in college
Server (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 27, 2013
The company is great to work for if your going to college. Flexible scheduling and cash in hand is great. the major draw back is no long term advancement. I enjoy working with different types of people all day.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
working for tips
Brand new to retail company that needs to learn a lot.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Retail sales of Omega watches. The technology was very out dated. High turn over of staff, with very aggressive sales goals and challenging management to work with.
Pros
discount
Cons
never enough sales associates to keep up with business demands.