Growing manufacturing Company is seeking an experienced Centerless Grinding Machine Operator. The qualified candidate will be responsible for operating the centerless grinding machine and producing a quality part which meets customer blueprint requirements. Additionally, the qualified candidate will perform a variety of tasks relating to the management of the raw material inventory and procurement process.
Centerless Grinding Machine Operator:
- Accurately setting up and operating a Centerless Grinding Machine, based on the requirements in production orders.
- Adjusting tooling, grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures and grinding wheels in order to meet dimensional and tolerance specifications.
- Mounting grinding and regulating wheels on spindles utilizing hand tools. Dress wheels to specifications, using dressing device. Change worn grinding wheels per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Lift and place Bar Stock onto the feeding device.
- Start machine and observe operation, trouble shoot any problems with the material, make changes to machinery as necessary.
- Verify dimensions of ground work pieces for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges. Visually inspect for straightness of the materials/bars.
- Ensure efficient operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions and calling for maintenance for repairs beyond operator’s knowledge.
- Candidate must be Proficient in reading and using micrometers and calipers and be capable of performing basic math functions, follow written work instructions and utilize the computer to retrieve information and enter production data.
Raw Material Receiver:
- The Raw Material Receiver will perform a variety of activities relating to the management of the raw material inventory and procurement functions. Assist with the daily warehousing, storage, and receiving, issuing operations; maintain inventory of stored items; facilitate the delivery of items to and from the manufacturing facility.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and expedite the delivery of materials, make sure that the plant is fully stocked with the necessary materials for production, adhere to production schedules, and makes sure that the operation meets customer order needs and shipping deadlines.
- Candidates must have at least two (2) years of CNC Centerless Grinding experience in a Production Machining Environment.
- Experience in precision machining is a must as operators.
- Candidate must be proficient in reading and using micrometers and calipers and be capable of performing basic math functions, follow written work instructions and utilize the computer to retrieve information and enter production data.
- Ability to communicate effectively with delivery personnel and all internal departments.
- Knowledge of weighing scales, forklifts, and pallet jacks.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Strong initiative
- Proven multi-tasking and organization skills
Omni offers an excellent work environment with competitive wages including profit sharing, health, life dental, short term disability, retirement plan, vacation, tuition reimbursement plus more. Please send your resume or letter of interest with salary requirements.