Omni Home Care Employee Reviews

Home Health Care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 26, 2016
Some of the office staff is great to work with, they really go out of their way to make you part of the team. Difficult during low patient periods to maintain personal numbers, due to low census.
Slave shop
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 1, 2016
You are expected to come in early every day and not get paid for that time. They also want you to work thru your un paid half hour lunch. There are no 15 minute breaks EVER. You are watched all the time, they have cameras everywhere.
It is the worse place that I have ever worked at
NO ONE MAKES IT PAST 4 MONTHS! Either they quit because of the over work and bad treatment or they are fired. The government keeps coming in to check on complains.
Stay away from this company
Pros
Cons
No Breaks, so much work that you can never get it done
Good company. Flexable hours.
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 22, 2015
Great flexibility, autonomy, new environments. Friendly and helpful.
Changing environments. Get to meet new people.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Part time
New Company gaining Corporate Advancement
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 18, 2015
Fast pace, over-working environment. In a given day I would leave mentally drained from over working. I hardly ever got a lunch or a day off. This was a matrix environment. I maintained with problem solving and helping the company with financial growth. There was lack of benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was disputing problem claims and winning each case. There was extreme career growth at this company. I absolutely loved my career. Poor Management.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Busy workplace
Home Care RN (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 11, 2015
Busy case load.
Good clinical staff.
Caring and compassionate professionals, too much paperwork.
Too many changes in office staff and management.
great company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAApril 17, 2015
It was my pleasure to work with the caring staff of OMNI .I enjoyed all my patients and working close with the Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) in our office and working close with Doctors to make sure patients revived the care ordered by them.Such as setting up medication ,medication teaching,assessing patients for s/s of dehydration,disease process ,diets ,diabetic care,and wound care as needed
Pros
a staff that works well together
Cons
as a home health nurse driving all day got old
Great company. It is now owned by Suncrest Omni and continues to provide excellent Senior Advocate services!
PRN Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Great company. I worked for them when they were Omni Home Care and now are known as Suncrest Omni. Great services and excellent work standards.
Onmi Home care environment greatly improved the meaning of autonomy and customer satifiaction.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day involved establishing patient's appointments times, managing supplies, managing therapist, coordinating providers orders and making home visits. This experience escalated my confidence, autonomy, and self esteem. Multi-disciplinary approach utilizing physical, occupation, and speech therapy improved the recovery process thereby customer satisfaction increased. I enjoyed helping patients and their families manage their disease process at home.
Pros
actually spending more time with patient.
Cons
weather, biting dogs, and wear/tear vehicle.
Terrible
?? (Former Employee) –  PlymouthNovember 3, 2014
Interviewed for a particular position with "X" amount of pay, received offer for completely different position for way less pay, then get there on my first day and end up in the position originally interviewed for BUT still received the much lower pay.....they claim to balance life an work, but don't get critically ill because they'll fire you! Care for their employees my behind!! Management has no clue what they are doing, they claim that you will receive a week an a half of training, but then DON'T train you at all!! God forbid if you ask a co-worker for assistance....snotty little girls will rip your head off for this!! The women there are rude, snotty, little girls & "grown women" and they get away with talking to everyone this way, even to management! They even hire back people they've previously fired who were this way AND lost them $$$$ when they were previously employed, wth?? You can also forget about CONFIDENTIALITY when it comes to your personal info..... they repeat everything to everyone, got to love that "Open door policy!" This place is a joke!
Pros
none that i can even think of
Cons
everything about this place
Good Place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkins Park, PASeptember 13, 2014
Friendly place to work with a lot of skilled nurses, physical therapists, speech therapist, occupational therapist and social workers who get the job done.
Start up Medicare Home Health Company
DIRECTOR OF NURSES (Former Employee) –  tampaAugust 28, 2014
As DON, it was an invaluable experience. The Manager was a great mentor and I was taught so much about Medicare Home Health, how to manage staff. Provided weekly meeting on how to document to the POC. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was terminating an employee and providing counsel.
Pros
working with an incredable mentor.
Cons
commute
I love the home care industry and I learned a lot working here.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2014
I really liked the business of the company, but there was little potential for advancement.
Pros
managers i worked with directly were very knowledgeable.
Cons
little chance for advancement.
Not too sure.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 22, 2013
Things have greatly changed since I worked there. During my time I worked very hard and found that my compensation did not match the time I put in.
the company is struggling with the changes to health care under the new health care law.
Behavioral Health RN (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 9, 2013
The psychiatric nursing program is strong with the company and carries a significant percentage of the patient load. That being said, health care reform is negatively impacting the provision of home care through sequential reimbursement cuts, limitations being instituted on the number of visits for the psych mental health patient, and the increasing difficulty in finding physicians able to take on more Medicare patients. Of course, for those of us who learned the OASIS at this job, more changes in government data collection are coming. The learning never stops.

Senior managers have been generally very supportive of our staff, personally encouraging, and willing to accept feedback from the staff. There have been three senior manager changes in the three (plus) years that I have been with the company. Administrative philosophy and the changes via health care reform are not always congruent. I do love working with the patients and families in the home, teaching staff at PCHs and in Memory Care Units, and working with the multidisciplinary team. So I have remained on with the other three pysch nurses on the psych team in our region. I also find mentoring of new psych nursing staff from other regions rewarding.

My co-workers are dedicated and educated nurses, therapists, and social workers who go the extra mile to meet patient needs. In the home, teaching patients, counseling them, helping families to understand and de-myth preconceived notions about mental health never ceases to be rewarding. We support each other in this endeavor and are resources for each other throughout the
  more... day.

The hardest part of my job is being fee for service in a changing health care industry. My family is impacted by census drops and regulatory restrictions that affect reimbursements and my pay.
Worst company out there..flip burgers @ McDonald's instead
Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  PAJune 11, 2013
Unbelievably horrible and inept management...VERY rude and unprofessional work environment. This place is truly a JOKE!
Cons
everything
Good team of co-workers that work well together
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 27, 2013
I enjoy the flexablity of my sched.
The hardest part of my job is that working paid per visit. I enjoy working with pt"s and their family in the home setting.
Pros
flexability
Cons
benefits and paid per visit
very productive and multi-tasker
Insurance Specialist, Assistant intake coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LaFebruary 12, 2013
Ian a very dependable employee and can multi task when needed
Pros
very friendly and compatible
Sales Manager
Area Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 27, 2012
This agency has gone through many changes as well as being sold. The orthopedic program that they used was actually stolen from another therapy agency. Omni was sued and lost because they knowingly destroyed evidence and purgered themselves. They were forced to pay millions and ultimately had to change their program. They lost many good employees and thier medical director over this incident.
Pros
good salary, patient care
Cons
terrible reputation and management
I loved working here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FlMay 23, 2012
got to make my own schedule
co workers work with you
management help
scheduler is great
Pros
working on my own
Cons
lots of miles
Stay Away! Revolving Door Here!
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Plymouth MIMay 21, 2012
This company should not be confused with Omni Home Care based in Florida. This is Omni Home Care, INC. and is based in Plymouth MI. This company has a revolving door and employees are hired and fired over and over again! The marketing director position has been filled and vacated more than four times in one year and the owner of the company will fire you in the blink of an eye and then you have to fight for the pay you earned. This has happened to three people since March 2012. 95% of the staff are new employees (less than six months). Seven employees recently fired in a months time. Also, the 65k is not true... it's 45k w/ commission that you will never see because he won't pay you. Enter at your own risk!!!
Cons
turnover is high

Comment – June 3, 2013

This company is terrible. They do not pay what they tell you they will pay you. You get at least 10 phone calls daily harassing you about one issue or the other. They will not pay you if you resign. The worst company ever. Stay away.