Omni Home Care Employee Reviews in United States

New Company gaining Corporate Advancement
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 18, 2015
Fast pace, over-working environment. In a given day I would leave mentally drained from over working. I hardly ever got a lunch or a day off. This was a matrix environment. I maintained with problem solving and helping the company with financial growth. There was lack of benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was disputing problem claims and winning each case. There was extreme career growth at this company. I absolutely loved my career. Poor Management.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Slave shop
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 1, 2016
You are expected to come in early every day and not get paid for that time. They also want you to work thru your un paid half hour lunch. There are no 15 minute breaks EVER. You are watched all the time, they have cameras everywhere.
It is the worse place that I have ever worked at
NO ONE MAKES IT PAST 4 MONTHS! Either they quit because of the over work and bad treatment or they are fired. The government keeps coming in to check on complains.
Stay away from this company
Pros
Cons
No Breaks, so much work that you can never get it done
Office staff is very efficient.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 2, 2016
I work with a great bunch of nurses and therapists at Omni.
My job as Home Health Aide is to access the safety of the client in their home, as well as their health when I visit them and to report to the RN case manager assigned to that particular client. I also help the client with bathing and grooming,
My favorite part of my job is working with the occupational and physical therapists to help the client to become as independent as possible to allow them to stay in their own home.
Pros
Flexability
Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI and surrounding countiesApril 4, 2016
I have worked for OMNI since August 20`5. I had an on call position. I received work requests in my area and surrounding counties, which kept me busy as on call nurse.
Pros
Decreaed amount of work in Kalamazoo and did not reimburse for mileage traveled.
Cons
Staff is friendly and understanding
good but lacking leadership
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LA 70471February 15, 2016
good company to work for but business was slow and i was let go. Not enough upper management support and guidance when needed.
Omni Home Care
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part about Omni was meeting new people. I was able to make a few Great friends working there. With such a heavy work load some days were impossible to even take break to eat.
Cons
Short breaks, poor managment.
Home Health Care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 26, 2016
Some of the office staff is great to work with, they really go out of their way to make you part of the team. Difficult during low patient periods to maintain personal numbers, due to low census.
Good company. Flexable hours.
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 22, 2015
Great flexibility, autonomy, new environments. Friendly and helpful.
Changing environments. Get to meet new people.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Part time
Sales Manager
Area Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 27, 2012
This agency has gone through many changes as well as being sold. The orthopedic program that they used was actually stolen from another therapy agency. Omni was sued and lost because they knowingly destroyed evidence and purgered themselves. They were forced to pay millions and ultimately had to change their program. They lost many good employees and thier medical director over this incident.
Pros
good salary, patient care
Cons
terrible reputation and management
Terrible
?? (Former Employee) –  PlymouthNovember 3, 2014
Interviewed for a particular position with "X" amount of pay, received offer for completely different position for way less pay, then get there on my first day and end up in the position originally interviewed for BUT still received the much lower pay.....they claim to balance life an work, but don't get critically ill because they'll fire you! Care for their employees my behind!! Management has no clue what they are doing, they claim that you will receive a week an a half of training, but then DON'T train you at all!! God forbid if you ask a co-worker for assistance....snotty little girls will rip your head off for this!! The women there are rude, snotty, little girls & "grown women" and they get away with talking to everyone this way, even to management! They even hire back people they've previously fired who were this way AND lost them $$$$ when they were previously employed, wth?? You can also forget about CONFIDENTIALITY when it comes to your personal info..... they repeat everything to everyone, got to love that "Open door policy!" This place is a joke!
Pros
none that i can even think of
Cons
everything about this place
Good team of co-workers that work well together
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 27, 2013
I enjoy the flexablity of my sched.
The hardest part of my job is that working paid per visit. I enjoy working with pt"s and their family in the home setting.
Pros
flexability
Cons
benefits and paid per visit
Family oriented
Billing and Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAFebruary 15, 2012
Omni Homecare is very family oriented. They care about the well being of their patients and staff members.
Pros
great employees
Cons
not the best benefits
great company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAApril 17, 2015
It was my pleasure to work with the caring staff of OMNI .I enjoyed all my patients and working close with the Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) in our office and working close with Doctors to make sure patients revived the care ordered by them.Such as setting up medication ,medication teaching,assessing patients for s/s of dehydration,disease process ,diets ,diabetic care,and wound care as needed
Pros
a staff that works well together
Cons
as a home health nurse driving all day got old
Fun workplace with a great staff
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAMarch 1, 2012
Its a great place to work. It has a great working environment.
Cons
health benefits are a little on the expensive side
Busy workplace
Home Care RN (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 11, 2015
Busy case load.
Good clinical staff.
Caring and compassionate professionals, too much paperwork.
Too many changes in office staff and management.
Onmi Home care environment greatly improved the meaning of autonomy and customer satifiaction.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day involved establishing patient's appointments times, managing supplies, managing therapist, coordinating providers orders and making home visits. This experience escalated my confidence, autonomy, and self esteem. Multi-disciplinary approach utilizing physical, occupation, and speech therapy improved the recovery process thereby customer satisfaction increased. I enjoyed helping patients and their families manage their disease process at home.
Pros
actually spending more time with patient.
Cons
weather, biting dogs, and wear/tear vehicle.
Stay Away! Revolving Door Here!
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Plymouth MIMay 21, 2012
This company should not be confused with Omni Home Care based in Florida. This is Omni Home Care, INC. and is based in Plymouth MI. This company has a revolving door and employees are hired and fired over and over again! The marketing director position has been filled and vacated more than four times in one year and the owner of the company will fire you in the blink of an eye and then you have to fight for the pay you earned. This has happened to three people since March 2012. 95% of the staff are new employees (less than six months). Seven employees recently fired in a months time. Also, the 65k is not true... it's 45k w/ commission that you will never see because he won't pay you. Enter at your own risk!!!
Cons
turnover is high

Comment – June 3, 2013

This company is terrible. They do not pay what they tell you they will pay you. You get at least 10 phone calls daily harassing you about one issue or the other. They will not pay you if you resign. The worst company ever. Stay away.

Great company. It is now owned by Suncrest Omni and continues to provide excellent Senior Advocate services!
PRN Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Great company. I worked for them when they were Omni Home Care and now are known as Suncrest Omni. Great services and excellent work standards.
I love the home care industry and I learned a lot working here.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2014
I really liked the business of the company, but there was little potential for advancement.
Pros
managers i worked with directly were very knowledgeable.
Cons
little chance for advancement.
Start up Medicare Home Health Company
DIRECTOR OF NURSES (Former Employee) –  tampaAugust 28, 2014
As DON, it was an invaluable experience. The Manager was a great mentor and I was taught so much about Medicare Home Health, how to manage staff. Provided weekly meeting on how to document to the POC. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was terminating an employee and providing counsel.
Pros
working with an incredable mentor.
Cons
commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.