Omni Home Care Employee Reviews

Nightmare
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 17, 2016
Worst place to work, the negative reviews given by employees are 100% correct. The management needs to attend classes in management or at least learn how to behave/talk with employees. Yelling and harassing techniques with employees don't work and it backfires as it does with this company, many employees just leaves in couple of days or months.
Pros
Some staff memebers are very hard working and the managment should be thankfull to them.
Cons
Sr. Management should not give negative reviews about other employees.
Office staff is very efficient.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 2, 2016
I work with a great bunch of nurses and therapists at Omni.
My job as Home Health Aide is to access the safety of the client in their home, as well as their health when I visit them and to report to the RN case manager assigned to that particular client. I also help the client with bathing and grooming,
My favorite part of my job is working with the occupational and physical therapists to help the client to become as independent as possible to allow them to stay in their own home.
Pros
Flexability
Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI and surrounding countiesApril 4, 2016
I have worked for OMNI since August 20`5. I had an on call position. I received work requests in my area and surrounding counties, which kept me busy as on call nurse.
Pros
Decreaed amount of work in Kalamazoo and did not reimburse for mileage traveled.
Cons
Staff is friendly and understanding
good but lacking leadership
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LA 70471February 15, 2016
good company to work for but business was slow and i was let go. Not enough upper management support and guidance when needed.
Omni Home Care
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part about Omni was meeting new people. I was able to make a few Great friends working there. With such a heavy work load some days were impossible to even take break to eat.
Cons
Short breaks, poor managment.
Home Health Care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 26, 2016
Some of the office staff is great to work with, they really go out of their way to make you part of the team. Difficult during low patient periods to maintain personal numbers, due to low census.
Slave shop
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 1, 2016
You are expected to come in early every day and not get paid for that time. They also want you to work thru your un paid half hour lunch. There are no 15 minute breaks EVER. You are watched all the time, they have cameras everywhere.
It is the worse place that I have ever worked at
NO ONE MAKES IT PAST 4 MONTHS! Either they quit because of the over work and bad treatment or they are fired. The government keeps coming in to check on complains.
Stay away from this company
Pros
Cons
No Breaks, so much work that you can never get it done
Good company. Flexable hours.
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 22, 2015
Great flexibility, autonomy, new environments. Friendly and helpful.
Changing environments. Get to meet new people.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Part time
New Company gaining Corporate Advancement
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 18, 2015
Fast pace, over-working environment. In a given day I would leave mentally drained from over working. I hardly ever got a lunch or a day off. This was a matrix environment. I maintained with problem solving and helping the company with financial growth. There was lack of benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was disputing problem claims and winning each case. There was extreme career growth at this company. I absolutely loved my career. Poor Management.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Busy workplace
Home Care RN (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 11, 2015
Busy case load.
Good clinical staff.
Caring and compassionate professionals, too much paperwork.
Too many changes in office staff and management.
great company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAApril 17, 2015
It was my pleasure to work with the caring staff of OMNI .I enjoyed all my patients and working close with the Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) in our office and working close with Doctors to make sure patients revived the care ordered by them.Such as setting up medication ,medication teaching,assessing patients for s/s of dehydration,disease process ,diets ,diabetic care,and wound care as needed
Pros
a staff that works well together
Cons
as a home health nurse driving all day got old
Great company. It is now owned by Suncrest Omni and continues to provide excellent Senior Advocate services!
PRN Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Great company. I worked for them when they were Omni Home Care and now are known as Suncrest Omni. Great services and excellent work standards.
Onmi Home care environment greatly improved the meaning of autonomy and customer satifiaction.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day involved establishing patient's appointments times, managing supplies, managing therapist, coordinating providers orders and making home visits. This experience escalated my confidence, autonomy, and self esteem. Multi-disciplinary approach utilizing physical, occupation, and speech therapy improved the recovery process thereby customer satisfaction increased. I enjoyed helping patients and their families manage their disease process at home.
Pros
actually spending more time with patient.
Cons
weather, biting dogs, and wear/tear vehicle.
Terrible
?? (Former Employee) –  PlymouthNovember 3, 2014
Interviewed for a particular position with "X" amount of pay, received offer for completely different position for way less pay, then get there on my first day and end up in the position originally interviewed for BUT still received the much lower pay.....they claim to balance life an work, but don't get critically ill because they'll fire you! Care for their employees my behind!! Management has no clue what they are doing, they claim that you will receive a week an a half of training, but then DON'T train you at all!! God forbid if you ask a co-worker for assistance....snotty little girls will rip your head off for this!! The women there are rude, snotty, little girls & "grown women" and they get away with talking to everyone this way, even to management! They even hire back people they've previously fired who were this way AND lost them $$$$ when they were previously employed, wth?? You can also forget about CONFIDENTIALITY when it comes to your personal info..... they repeat everything to everyone, got to love that "Open door policy!" This place is a joke!
Pros
none that i can even think of
Cons
everything about this place
Good Place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkins Park, PASeptember 13, 2014
Friendly place to work with a lot of skilled nurses, physical therapists, speech therapist, occupational therapist and social workers who get the job done.
Start up Medicare Home Health Company
DIRECTOR OF NURSES (Former Employee) –  tampaAugust 28, 2014
As DON, it was an invaluable experience. The Manager was a great mentor and I was taught so much about Medicare Home Health, how to manage staff. Provided weekly meeting on how to document to the POC. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was terminating an employee and providing counsel.
Pros
working with an incredable mentor.
Cons
commute
I love the home care industry and I learned a lot working here.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2014
I really liked the business of the company, but there was little potential for advancement.
Pros
managers i worked with directly were very knowledgeable.
Cons
little chance for advancement.
Not too sure.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 22, 2013
Things have greatly changed since I worked there. During my time I worked very hard and found that my compensation did not match the time I put in.
the company is struggling with the changes to health care under the new health care law.
Behavioral Health RN (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 9, 2013
The psychiatric nursing program is strong with the company and carries a significant percentage of the patient load. That being said, health care reform is negatively impacting the provision of home care through sequential reimbursement cuts, limitations being instituted on the number of visits for the psych mental health patient, and the increasing difficulty in finding physicians able to take on more Medicare patients. Of course, for those of us who learned the OASIS at this job, more changes in government data collection are coming. The learning never stops.

Senior managers have been generally very supportive of our staff, personally encouraging, and willing to accept feedback from the staff. There have been three senior manager changes in the three (plus) years that I have been with the company. Administrative philosophy and the changes via health care reform are not always congruent. I do love working with the patients and families in the home, teaching staff at PCHs and in Memory Care Units, and working with the multidisciplinary team. So I have remained on with the other three pysch nurses on the psych team in our region. I also find mentoring of new psych nursing staff from other regions rewarding.

My co-workers are dedicated and educated nurses, therapists, and social workers who go the extra mile to meet patient needs. In the home, teaching patients, counseling them, helping families to understand and de-myth preconceived notions about mental health never ceases to be rewarding. We support each other in this endeavor and are resources for each other throughout the
  more... day.

The hardest part of my job is being fee for service in a changing health care industry. My family is impacted by census drops and regulatory restrictions that affect reimbursements and my pay.
Good team of co-workers that work well together
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 27, 2013
I enjoy the flexablity of my sched.
The hardest part of my job is that working paid per visit. I enjoy working with pt"s and their family in the home setting.
Pros
flexability
Cons
benefits and paid per visit

2.8