Omni Home Care

Omni Home Care Employer Reviews

Good Place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Elkins Park, PASeptember 13, 2014
Friendly place to work with a lot of skilled nurses, physical therapists, speech therapist, occupational therapist and social workers who get the job done.
Start up Medicare Home Health Company
DIRECTOR OF NURSES (Former Employee), tampaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: working with an incredable mentor.
Cons: commute
As DON, it was an invaluable experience. The Manager was a great mentor and I was taught so much about Medicare Home Health, how to manage staff. Provided weekly meeting on how to document to the POC. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was terminating an employee and providing counsel.
I love the home care industry and I learned a lot working here.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 18, 2014
Pros: managers i worked with directly were very knowledgeable.
Cons: little chance for advancement.
I really liked the business of the company, but there was little potential for advancement.
Not too sure.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 22, 2013
Things have greatly changed since I worked there. During my time I worked very hard and found that my compensation did not match the time I put in.
the company is struggling with the changes to health care under the new health care law.
Behavioral Health RN (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 9, 2013
The psychiatric nursing program is strong with the company and carries a significant percentage of the patient load. That being said, health care reform is negatively impacting the provision of home care through sequential reimbursement cuts, limitations being instituted on the number of visits for the psych mental health patient, and the increasing – more... difficulty in finding physicians able to take on more Medicare patients. Of course, for those of us who learned the OASIS at this job, more changes in government data collection are coming. The learning never stops.

Senior managers have been generally very supportive of our staff, personally encouraging, and willing to accept feedback from the staff. There have been three senior manager changes in the three (plus) years that I have been with the company. Administrative philosophy and the changes via health care reform are not always congruent. I do love working with the patients and families in the home, teaching staff at PCHs and in Memory Care Units, and working with the multidisciplinary team. So I have remained on with the other three pysch nurses on the psych team in our region. I also find mentoring of new psych nursing staff from other regions rewarding.

My co-workers are dedicated and educated nurses, therapists, and social workers who go the extra mile to meet patient needs. In the home, teaching patients, counseling them, helping families to understand and de-myth preconceived notions about mental health never ceases to be rewarding. We support each other in this endeavor and are resources for each other throughout the day.

The hardest part of my job is being fee for service in a changing health care industry. My family is impacted by census drops and regulatory restrictions that affect reimbursements and my pay. – less
Good team of co-workers that work well together
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: flexability
Cons: benefits and paid per visit
I enjoy the flexablity of my sched.
The hardest part of my job is that working paid per visit. I enjoy working with pt"s and their family in the home setting.
very productive and multi-tasker
Insurance Specialist, Assistant intake coordinator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: very friendly and compatible
Ian a very dependable employee and can multi task when needed
Sales Manager
Area Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Naples, FLDecember 27, 2012
Pros: good salary, patient care
Cons: terrible reputation and management
This agency has gone through many changes as well as being sold. The orthopedic program that they used was actually stolen from another therapy agency. Omni was sued and lost because they knowingly destroyed evidence and purgered themselves. They were forced to pay millions and ultimately had to change their program. They lost many good employees and – more... thier medical director over this incident. – less
I loved working here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Gainesville, FlMay 23, 2012
Pros: working on my own
Cons: lots of miles
got to make my own schedule
co workers work with you
management help
scheduler is great
Stay Away! Revolving Door Here!
Field Staff (Former Employee), Plymouth MIMay 21, 2012
Cons: turnover is high
This company should not be confused with Omni Home Care based in Florida. This is Omni Home Care, INC. and is based in Plymouth MI. This company has a revolving door and employees are hired and fired over and over again! The marketing director position has been filled and vacated more than four times in one year and the owner of the company will fire – more... you in the blink of an eye and then you have to fight for the pay you earned. This has happened to three people since March 2012. 95% of the staff are new employees (less than six months). Seven employees recently fired in a months time. Also, the 65k is not true... it's 45k w/ commission that you will never see because he won't pay you. Enter at your own risk!!! – less

June 3, 2013

This company is terrible. They do not pay what they tell you they will pay you. You get at least 10 phone calls daily harassing you about one issue or the other. They will not pay you if you resign. The worst company ever. Stay away.

Fun workplace with a great staff
Office Manager (Former Employee), Kennett Square, PAMarch 1, 2012
Cons: health benefits are a little on the expensive side
Its a great place to work. It has a great working environment.
Family oriented
Billing and Insurance Clerk (Former Employee), Mandeville, LAFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: great employees
Cons: not the best benefits
Omni Homecare is very family oriented. They care about the well being of their patients and staff members.