Omni Hotels & Resorts

Omni Hotels & Resorts Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
N/A (Current Employee), N/AFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: compensation/benefits
Omni Hotels & Resorts is a great place to work. I have been given a great opportunity with them to further my career in the hospitality industry. The most enjoyable part of the job is working at an amazing resort everyday.
Lucrative job for waitresses in the service industry
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hours are long, reward can be great or small, very inconsistent day shifts and long night shifts, closing hours are decided by management and volume of customers, expect to stay there from 5pm -2am every night
Long hours, very picky clientele. I have learned a lot about all types of liquor and spirits. There are occasional trainings to improve knowledge of products but there should be a lot more for the amount of items we carry. Co-workers generally make the work environment a lot better but it can be very stressful with the volume of people that you have to service at once. Specialize in craft cocktails that can take up to 10 minutes to make but you are always required to do whatever you can for the guests since it's the "Omni". Management, with the exception of a few, seem oblivious to what is actually going on at all times.
Excellent job security and culutred
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free food, friendly staff, good pay
Cons: several days you can not request off
Omni Hotels is a great company. As explained in orientation, the owner pays for all properties up front so your job is always secure and eliminates the possibility of having late payments on a lease or mortgage. The staff comes from several countries in every department (in my departments alone I work with people from Asian, Europe, Africa and South America). This creates a well cultured team of people who are both friendly and understanding. Benefits are good too including a cafeteria with free food everyday.
It's Hospitality
Leader in Development Trainee (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2014
Nice place to work, but no upward mobility and very bad management. Very corporate so be prepared for the ole corporate two-step.
Great learning experience
Guest Services Ambassador (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2014
• Complete training of Bellman, Doorman, and Concierge team
• Oversees and keeps organization of all guest luggage
• Communicate to staff all future business demands as well as daily check ins, check outs, occupancy, in house functions, and bus arrivals
• Responsible for answering phone calls; processing of correspondence; mail-outs; ordering supplies/equipment; running errands; and making reservations depending upon need (catering, floral, travel, dinning arrangements)
• Provide award winning customer service within an exclusive, fast-paced, commercial environment
• Develop a professional, service-based relationship with clients and guests, while working to anticipate their needs and wants
• Strong internet, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
High Volume
Restaurant Sous Chef (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: advancement
Good people, and very busy environment. Little room for advancement I my area of work
Corporate Call Center Environment
Corporate Guest Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: discount for stays
Cons: pay rate, changing policies, mismanagement, turnover rate
I dealt with customer complaints daily and provide expectational customer services. I had the authority to approve comp stays for guest and QA hotel management for 50 different properties.

Management was very unorganized and turnover rate very high. At time, it was an unprofessional environment and the culture was very one-sided. For a corporate position and all of the responsibilities for my position, it was disappointing that the pay rate was not salary. Company policies kept changing and consistency within several departments were not there.
It was fun depending on who you were working with
PBX Operator /Front Desk Cross Trained (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 7, 2013
Pros: $1 lunches, co-workers
Cons: benifits; advancement opportunities; suplies weren't always available
Advancement at the property I worked at depended if you were a certain manager's favorite. If you were not apart of her "teacher's pets" you did not advance. Other managers/supervisors were great and would help you when you needed to. Unfortunately the manager above them controlled most of the strings so you were held back if you weren't her favorite. Most of the co-workers were interesting/fun people to work with and had your back like family.
Growth Opportunity
Director of Enterprise Architecture (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2013
I truly appreciate the open door policy and the ability to openly share ideas among peers and senior management.
Omni
Purchasing/Receiving Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2013
Pros: low cost lunches
Cons: not enough hours
Great benefits! The hotel really knows how to take care of its employees. I love working for a company that takes and interest in your career.
Nice people, good company mission, location location location
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 21, 2013
Pros: dollar lunches, employee rallies, monetary encouragement
Cons: inconsistent shifts, high stress
Management is extremely professional and friendly, high stress customer service environment, standing for long periods of time, opportunity to learn and move into other departments, steady shuffling and promotion within company, inconsistent shift hours and weekends, encouragement system between workers that allows a raffle opportunity to win monetary prizes, opportunities to move to other properties is a high possibility within the industry
Work
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2013
My position as TSales & Marketing Coordinator has exposed me to a greater level of the hotel industry. However, my main goal is to be in events and this position focuses more on the department's finances, marketing calendar and building presentations.
not alot of room for advancement
Engineer 1 (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2013
Pros: reduced lunches and reduced room rates and reduced parking
Cons: no help from others or less experience in others
alot of preventative maintenance. I learned about hospitality and what it takes to make the customer happy and about team work. Our management has an open door policy. We have a pretty decent team and team work. The hardest part of my job is to ensure in myself that when i leave for the day and the weekend that my responsibilities are being maintained and looked after in my absence. I enjoy the smiles in my fellow associates and customers face when i no my job that has been completed made there job alot more easier.
Administrative Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 22, 2012
Spent 17 years in this position. My direct supervisors were great and enjoyed all co-workers. Our office was an extension of the corporate office located in Dallas.
Enjoyable experience with Omni.
Revenue Data Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2012
I enjoyed the environment and leaders along with the challenge of revenue management.