Omni Hotels Employee Reviews in United States

Omni Parkwest
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Omni Dallas ParkwestJune 17, 2016
I love OMNI Parkwest ,I loved The people I work with the people thats been working there for a long time who's very dedicated to their job and loved being there, last year we got the Best GM I have work with in my whole entire hotel industry for 10 years so genuinely cares about what's goin on and I don't feel like I am just not another employee how amazing is that. So far I have the best management in Food and Beverage and the people from each outlet to night audit we are Sassy but A Golden team. ..
Pros
Good People
Cons
Nothing is getting Fixed need a Little renovation
very unprofessional
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 13, 2016
staff and management cussed and yelled and stole money and belongings from offices that where to be cleaned.cleaned desks kitchen cubicles floors bathrooms.
Really encouraging management and great enviornment
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2016
The people here are really great and love what they do; HR is always willing to listen and solve problems, and eagerly helps employees seek advancement and promotions.
Sometimes callers can be rude, you do encounter some all-around kind people who thank you so much and say such nice things your heart is warmed all day.
Do be warned, attendance is a big deal, but as long as you're willing to compromise any issue with schedules can get worked out.
Pros
cheap and well-stocked vending machines
Cons
rather confusing pay system if fair
creative environment which allows for managerial growth.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 8, 2016
Omni Hotels is a brand that stands behind its core values of taking care of the three pillars (guest, owner and associate). It is a guest satisfaction driven company that promotes associates taking care of individual guests needs by empowering them to make decisions based on the situation at hand. Omni is very culinary focused and provides the guests and workers with quarterly new material to share while also staying ahead of popular trends.
Good start for some
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2016
Good start for some. Not much room for advancement. Constantly changing coworker makes the work environment difficult. Scheduling is rough. Coworker are great though.
Loved it
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2016
When I first started it took sometime to get use to but my supervisors really helped me and molded me. I learned a lot from the staff as well very diverse and positive atmosphere would love to go back.
Pros
everything
Cons
Job Outlook is Great but not time away for social or personal matters
Guest Services Department-Bellman/Valet (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 3, 2016
I worked in Guest Services for two years and while trying to accomplish my goal of achieving my Bachelors Degree at TAMUCC, Management specifically the Guest Services Manager made attending school and completing homework a challenge on its own. Each week I had to fight for them to remake the schedule so I can tend to school, but after TWO years they still made it extremely difficult and somewhat a hostile work environment. They work you WAY TOO many hours..around 50+ per week. The only benefit was the tip based pay and good lunch meals in the cafeteria. I do not recommend this company for anybody going to school or want to work their way up the ladder, they do not promote well within the organization.
Pros
Lunch Cafeteria, Discounted Rooms
Cons
Overworked, poor staffing, no time for family, moral and focus become negative, short lunch breaks
productive place to work and grow
Washman/Runner/Houseman (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 28, 2016
Is a good place to work and grow. I like the management, business model, and structure. Very good place and I recommend it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great brand, but horrible management
Ideal Services Agent (PBX) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2016
The Omni Hotels brand is truly wonderful. The executive management team at the Omni Dallas is just not capable of assisting the amount of employees needed there. The EO's (executive office) operates by numbers printed on a piece of paper, and not by the information given to them by the people actually working in the offices. The only employees that are protected are the managers, and the entry level associates are really just there for managers to throw under the bus. I wish I could have been at a different location of the Omni Brand because I heard many wonderful things, however I worked at the Dallas Omni, and found that I was constantly having to defend my self so I wouldn't lose my job for no reason. If you choose to work for the Omni, don't work at the Downtown Dallas location.
Pros
nice rate, good benefits
Cons
poor training, poor leadership, poor associate appreciation
Productive Place and Friendly People
Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2016
It is a nice place to work with wonderful people to work with. The intake of calls is balaced well with the amount of down time you get between the calls. There are a wide veriety of people who work here and so you get a mix of personalities and so you are never bored. The job it self is very low stress for the most part with spurts of high call volumes.
Pros
Co-workers, and Compensated parking for Graveyard
Cons
Expensive parking pass for day shift, low pay for the amount of work done by this position
Great Experience
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2016
Love the job. great people to work with, Clean hotel,
Great management, open door policy with managers and HR,
never was a hard part of my job, the experience and knowledge i gained was the best and enjoyable part.
Pros
everything was great
Cons
hated overnight staff menu lol
Stay away!!
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2016
Horrible place to work if you look on any job site you will see Omni Hotels are always hiring because they can't keep people. This job is very stressful!!!
Pros
Eat meals for $1.00 a day when you work
Cons
Very busy, stressful place, mean guest
Look elsewhere
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCApril 23, 2016
Very busy hotel. The guest are great. You will have a very heavy work load. There is advancement in the company but not in hilton head. The people in charge have favorites. If you are not a favorite then you will not be heard. There is a lot of movement so their is always someone new. They do have a lot of seasonal employees. The tips are good if you do a good job. Don't look to the people in charge to help you. It is all about them.The front desk is the heart of the hotel, so you will learn a lot
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Low pay
Omni has great employees and fun work environment
Overnight Bellman/Valet (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 22, 2016
The work environment at omni is very relaxing. It is a pleasure to come to work everyday and see new faces! I learned how to give the guest the best experience that is possible.
Work work work
Group Rooms Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 18, 2016
For the most part it is a great company to work for. Pay isn't that good for the work load and stress. Advancement is hard unless you want to move to another city.
Pros
Networking
Cons
stress
Productive, energized, steady paced work environment.
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 1, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Omni because I could work at my own pace. I enjoyed the cultural diversity amongst the employees and the guests. Some of my co-workers were difficult to work with at first because of misunderstanding who I was as a person. I leared alot about how to manage your work independantly and how to deal with others in a healthy, respectful way. The management team was ok, but sometimes they listen to the opinions and speculations of others first, before seeking out the truth.
Pros
Employee Rewards
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2016
Working for Omni Hotels & Resorts was a great experience. You get to interact with great associates, and meet many people - like many other hotels. Omni does keep a certain look on their properties which was not my favorite. You should always make sure you work at a property you like looking every day. I will not say Omni is a bad place to work, because its not the case. Every hospitality management company has its pros and cons, you just have to find your fit. Omni is very big on culture of the company, while I have seen others are not. Just like every person is different, every company as well.
Cons
Short breaks, Hotel Life
Hard work but some great people
Overnight Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2016
The work can be long and tiring. But some of the people are great and make it seem less like work and more like family. There is room for advancement in certain departments.
Awful Loss Prevention Department at The Omni Homestead Location: Hot Springs, VA
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, VAFebruary 27, 2016
The director is only out to make a number for himself, and to cut hours to increase his bonus yearly. The supervisors are both two faced and volatile, witnessed them bad mouthing an employee after playing their best friend all the time. Day shift is set in stone so don't even bother asking to work that shift. As for the other two shifts, don't expect to be assigned to one, for whatever reason no one there knows how to keep some one on a consistent sleeping schedule, creating an awful morale. There was about four actual good officers there that I worked with. Two were prior military, solid dudes, one was prior corrections, awesome guy, and another was a watch box dispatcher who I shared many learning interests with. As for the rest, watch your back, no one there understands how to be there for one another. I am forewarning you now, do not work here at the Omni Homestead location of Hot Springs, VA. I have worked many good places, and this is not one of them.
Pros
Cons
Director is awful, supervisors are just as bad, department needs a makeover in a whole.
Strong Focus on Service and Employee Culture
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Omni Hotels and Resorts promote and encourage going above and beyond for guests and customers. Strong culture exists between employees and management with constant communication and support. The family atmosphere promotes performance and job satisfaction all across the board.
Pros
Strong culture based on service that is employee-centric.
Cons
Salary, insurance and other benefits are below competitors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.