Omni Hotels Employee Reviews

awful
Market Attendant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 18, 2017
Stressful work environment has poor management and over worked and under paid. was not given breaks. Managers showed favoritism when it came to reprimanding. instead of hiring new associates had one associate doing to jobs on a daily basis.
it's okay
Director of Engineering (Internship) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2017
work is fair, learned that most union employees never unite, always complain, constantly gossip about one another and are quick to snitch on each other for no particular reason, Management perpetuates and encourages this behavior because this gives them some form of leverage and provides them with the means to fire someone. Hardest part was having to work alone, because the word teamwork is constantly mentioned but never practiced. Most enjoyable part was the pay, benefits and gaining more experience in the engineering field.
Pros
pay, benefits, unionized
Cons
constant backstabbing, gossiping and snitching
Great work atmosphere
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2017
You can start as bellman and work your way to General. manager
I was coach of softball team
Great wellness program for associates
I will recommend associates for this company
Pros
Lunch was free
Productive work environment
Golf Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  Barton CreeMay 11, 2017
Excellent in customer service and a friendly work enviroment. Helping guests whenever possible sometimes going out of their way to meet the guests needs.
What I learned
Omni Rancho Las Plamas Hotel and Spa (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 5, 2017
I learned how to manage time and others before myself. Making guest comfortable to be able to come back to the hotel. I learned that a positive attitude goes a long way and making a first impression is important.
Pros
Meeting new people, enjoying the time watching over guest and the beauty of the desert.
Cons
The desert heat.
Fun place to work because they offer a great christmas party for the kids to enjoy.
Assistant Executive Steward (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2017
Check in and go over the previous evenings events. Check all the work done by night cleaners. Check all outlets for the availability of equipment for the day. Check banquets to see if they have all operating equipment for the morning and for lunch. Morning meeting with the team. Assign all team members to work areas. Meet with the kitchen and banquet staff to seem if they need any equipment for their functions. When you have to counsel or discipline a team member. At the end of the day when you have to thank team members for a job well done.
Pros
Team that does their job consistently without being told.
Cons
Team members who are followers.
Easy going depending on the department
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2017
I answer phones at work, a typical day for me is sitting at the desk and answering questions, concerns guests have, and trying to solve guest's problems.
Pros
easy job if youre trained right
Cons
short breaks, company doesnt pay much for benefits, poor training, no free lunch, no overtime
Internship
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2017
It was an unpaid internship we had to do for my senior year of hospitality. We didn't get paid, which meant a lot of sitting around doing nothing. It was okay.
Pros
Nothing expected of you
Cons
Boring
a very good culinary experience
Tournant Chef (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
Completely from scratch production, I learned a lot working here. The chefs were pretty open to employee input. The kitchen operates 24 hours a day, so I would have to work the overnight 2 nights a week. I didn't really like having to work the overnight, but you get used to it after a while. We made some pastries from scratch as well, so I got to learn a little bit about pastry as well; at least a little bit more than I learned in school.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very anti-union
Good management but no work/life balance
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2017
Everyone is pretty polite here and operates like a family. Everyone from all departments make it a point to say hello to everyone as you pass each other in the halls. Management is good but they have their hands tied by corporate. Wages are not competitive and everyone seems overworked. Little emphasis on work/life balance, as a lot of people here tend to come in to work early and leave later.
Pros
Discounts, team culture
Cons
Low wages
Room Service Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 10, 2017
I would take orders over the phone and deliver the food on trays up to the room where they were staying at and then clean the area that we worked at. The managers that I worked with were amazing and the tips were awesome. And the staff was also fun to work with.
Not bad
Beach Operations and Pool Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLApril 7, 2017
I can't say too much since it was a college summer job but it was decent working there. Management was iffy and not much room to grow in the position I was in but could be different for full-timers.
Hotel
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 5, 2017
This was a wonderful employment. I was #2 in the line of receptionist and the leader on the computers in the offices. I was the only person at these hotels to help out when the whole hotel had problems.
Pros
Wonderful employment
Cons
Blackened often
Okay place to work
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOApril 2, 2017
It's a great place to work, You will definetly enjoy the atmosphere.The managers are pretty reasonable when it comes to accomadating your persocnal needs,
wonderfull place
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2017
That place of work was wonderful, it was my mistake to change to the mail, its only problem was to work the weekend but it was such a good place to work with good spirit
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Minimum wage
Great experience and great money working in fine dining
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2017
Typical day starts with opening sidework and a pre shift meeting with our managers. Dinner service started at 5 pm and usually gets busy around 7 pm. There is no dedicated bartender at the location I worked. I was able to get both bartending and serving experience while there. The job is very seasonal which is the biggest struggle. When the hotel is full we are slammed, when the hotel is empty we are dead quiet. No in between. Everyone worked as team at the Omni. From the kitchen to the servers to even the dish pit. Everyone worked together. Management was lacking is some areas. Managers are often spread thin having to cover multiple outlets at a time. They were often hard to find if a problem did arise. Overall I enjoyed working for the Omni. Great staff, great food, great guests.
Pros
Healthcare, Opportunities to work at multiple outlets
Airport fun
Maid (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMarch 21, 2017
When employed at the Detroit metro airport my day started by ensuring all my cleaning supplies were loaded on my cart. I would clean the entire terminal, all jet ways, airplanes and offices. I loved the job very much. The hardest part of this job was the fact that the hub for the company moved to a different state therefore I was laid-off.
Pros
Making things look nicer
Cons
Company moved to a different state
Exciting place to work
Houseman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2017
Omni hotel is one of the many places where the stars stay while in Richmond. You will never know who you may serve or see in this hotel. I like this place because everybody treated you like you mattered
Good benefits, bad day to day employee appreciation
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 19, 2017
Overall it's a good place to work but sometimes it doesn't feel as though they care about the employees. Also the pay is not good unless you find a way to get a back of house job
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Good company w numerous hotels. The location I was at made me feel a part of their property even though I work on the 3 smaller boutique hotels.
Assistant Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2017
Fun place to work - Accounting Department was also have fun events that often included Pot Luck meals. In addition there were quarterly manager meeting that were often off property at fun events. Always have training and enforcement to all employees to ensure culture and how to exceed strong Guest and Employee Satisfaction.
Pros
Fun events all the time, reasonable good tasty meals, teamwork within departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.