Omni Visions Employee Reviews

Great for starting a career
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2017
Omnivisions is a wonderful environment to begin your career. They lack competitive benefits or salary. There is little opportunity to advance. While regional positions have flexible schedules the caseloads and expectations are very high.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Very little room for advancement
teaching
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNFebruary 9, 2017
Omni Visions is a good company to work for although they require an abundant amount of training no matter the position you are in. The culture is more like a family than a work environment. The group worked together to make sure that our girls had all the tools they needed for success.
Pros
good people
Cons
difficult work days at times
horrible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2016
Working for this company takes up majority of your life. so that's no time for family, school or a personal life at all. the management was horrible and did not listen to the concerns of the employees. co-workers where not the best but it was bearable, working here you are under paid and over worked.
Drama
DSP (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNOctober 23, 2016
Drama filled. Favorites are picked. Not enough pay. Rude employees and had a rat problem they wouldn't take care of. It's not a fun place to work. You always are takes about . They don't care about their staff
Productive and Challenging
FOSTER CARE RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2016
Omni Visions is a very flexible and productive workplace, where I interact with all youths of different age range, foster parents, birth families, school staff, health providers, court liaisons, and other professionals that assist in treatment planning. I learned that there are many shortcomings but you would have to self reflect to find ways to improve.
Pros
Fun work outings
Cons
High case load
Highly Stressful Job/ Unreliable company/ No Stability for a Future
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNAugust 22, 2016
Its hard to really think of a place to begin, so ill just start with the job in itself. At times its rewarding, knowing that you can be that positive influence in a childs life that really gives them a better outlook on life, and at other times every bad thing that's happened to the child in their life comes out and you feel as if you're going to have a nervous breakdown. I worked at the one of the academys, and I can promise you, I seen every employee there crying or on the verge of a breakdown more than once. That's the job for you though, unfortunately on top of the everyday stress from the job, the biggest cause of stress was corporate. This is the only company I have ever worked for that I can say with all honesty, you don't know if you'll have a job tomorrow. I watched as many of my coworkers and friends lost their jobs in one day, and I'm not talking about a few or anything, I'm talking corporate comes in that morning, and without a word or warning to anyone, fires over 10 people (at a facility that only had about 20), including our facility director. Just after Christmas I might add, so everyone's saving was probably spent on their kids, seeing there was no warning of this to anyone. All because corporate wanted to switch over to caring for girls instead of boys. But none the less I survived the cut, and when things opened back up in a short couple of months, we all had hope again for new beginning. But with absolutely zero support from corporate, we as a community were left in the dark, and basically had to fend for ourselves. That was back in march, now in the last  more... 5 months the company has gone so far downhill that I don't see a way that they can recover. all but 1 employee quit, and I know that person has been looking for another job. Now corporate is trying to send in their own to try to recover but I believe its far too little, too late. The group of people I had the privilege to work with were amazing, but unfortunately with no backing from corporate it wouldn't seem to make a difference.

The one thing this job really taught me, is how truly important it is to believe in your company, to truly have job security. But unfortunately you won't find any of that with this company.

I hope this helps in your decision. There was too much to even list, but I'll leave you with this, I've stayed in touch with most of my previous coworkers, some are at new jobs, some are still unemployed, but all of them say they are much happier now than they ever were at this job. Just let that sink in before you apply.

If I could've given 0 stars on some of those I would've, Job Security and Culture definitely would've been 0's
Pros
You see how a company shouldn't be
Cons
Untrustworthy Corporate, Pay, Stress, No promise in a future, Just not a company you can build a life with, Zero stability
A great company to work with and great benefits
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job are the clients I worked with, and the activities we as the staff could enjoy with them and the birthdays we the staff could enjoy with them. And my co-workers are the best people to work with and enjoyed being around them
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
staying over if someone else didnt show up
Ehhh
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 28, 2016
Listen don't make this place your career, it's not great but if you go into this job with high hopes then it's all on you, the Co workers are good people the clients are great (adults) first year make 8.25 second year make 8.50 and your third year you make 9.50 an hour not all houses make you work overtime now when it snows yes you have to stay if your on your shift but if you have 4 wheel drive it wouldn't be a problem. Benifits suck but if you don't go to the doctor once a month for check up then you then you don't have to worry, upper management sucks but if you do the work right they won't bother you. (It's not a hard job at all) now the job is time consuming but if you're going whatever shift you agree to then keep to your word, also make your plans a 2 weeks in advance that will save you time fussing with other staffs. Like I said don't make this job your career because in a the long run you will end up leaving in 5 months anyways. You get Paid every weeks Saturdays are the end of your pay periods. And they do hold you a check back if that helps.
Pros
Not to bad once you get to know the clients and the staff(ones working with you)
Cons
Upper management are tough, unless your nurse yoy wont get paid much, theres a 3 levels of pay. You top out at 9.50 when yhere for years. Benifits suck to.
Omni Vision
Professional Support Person (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2016
The typical day dealing with children with or without behaviors. Making sure that they are taking care of properly. Taking notes on their daily products and what may goes on.
Good company, professional staff and administration
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 11, 2016
Enjoy working with my co-workers and the clients. Working with the clients is the most enjoyable yet sometimes challenging jobs.
Rewards loyalty and sacrifice with layoffs
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNApril 12, 2016
Great job, get to work with kids, very flexible. Benefits are horrible, no job security. In my time there we had one horrible facility director and a great one witch was let go. Worked with a lot of great people that really cared about the clients.
Pros
Got to eat leftovers
Cons
Had no breaks for more than a year.
Avoid.
Residential Employee (Former Employee) –  Middle TNMarch 11, 2016
If "for-profit foster care" doesn't scare you off, the disorganized, reactive, chickens-with-their-heads-cut-off, crisis-driven and inept management and bean-counting corporate culture will!

Company "Mission Statement" is obviously a joke if you re-read it 6 months after your initial orientation.

Training is poor, incomplete, not provided in a timely manner, inconsistent and often conflictual in terms of information presented. Employees are often unaware of a certain protocol or procedure until someone from corporate tells them "you're doing it wrong".

Quality Assurance is ineffective, inconsistent, arbitrary, and generally unavailable and out of touch.

Corporate and regional management is a top-heavy good-ol' boy's network of overpaid glad-handers.

Insurance is expensive and useless. Don't plan on getting sick if you work for this agency.

Communication between corporate and front-line, between departments, and even within departments is disorganized and often non-existent. Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing? At Omni, the fingers of the same hand don't even know what the ones next to them are doing! When communication DOES occur, corporate often says "Do it THIS way" and the very next day says to do the same thing a DIFFERENT way! What makes it even more ridiculous is that not every one will get either of the messages - much less BOTH!

Employees seem to be viewed primarily as liabilities on a payroll spreadsheet, Not viewed as humans with families of their own - just warm bodies to plug into a staff-to-youth ratio (the
  more... MINIMUM required ratio at that - regardless of kid's needs for support or supervision - don't want those hourly employees to collect any overtime!) or a mechanism to complete a required contact log. Raises don't happen, annual performance reviews don't happen, BUT if you make a minor mistake on a procedure that you weren't trained on or even aware of, write-ups WILL happen. No wonder there is such high turnover in this company.

And for the WORST part: The disadvantaged kids served by this agency appear to simply be viewed as revenue sources, with the state's per-diem weighed against the minimal cost of services to squeeze out the most profit possible for corporate.

It's surprising that this agency can maintain their licensure and contracts with the state, especially re. their residential facilities.
Pros
Dedicated and hardworking co-workers.
Cons
Management puts profits over client's needs and employee support, poor training, poor quality assurance, useless healthcare, Often-dangerous and stressful work environment in residential facilities, Profits and corner-cutting placed above needs of youth they are contracted to serve.
Great place to learn new skills
COMPANION (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 6, 2016
Excellent learning experience and has become very helpful with learning how to deal with disabled individuals. They had very flexible work hours to help me keep up with my family.
Good
Client/Participant (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 2, 2016
Great place to work. I would go back to work here anytime. Great people and great management. This was my favorite place to work.
poor management
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNFebruary 8, 2016
management is not supportive of personal development, there is no room for advancement, the company itself is only worried about profits and not the children and families they serve.
Best place to learn what not to do.
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 21, 2015
I worked for OVI for exactly 1 year. I was underpaid and overworked. My education was a tool for them to use at their convenience. I never had a day off, even on days I took for vacation, I was still called by my foster parents. My direct supervisor was an absolute blessing and tried to help however she could. The executive director and team leader demoted to RC then promoted again where office bullies. After putting in my 2 week notice, I was treated the worse I had ever been by any one. I'm fortunate to have learned what not to be in a supervisory role and overall as a coworker. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at OVI or become a foster parent there.
Pros
The kids and foster parents.
Cons
Management (regional and corporate), pay, benefits, ethics
Nice company to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2015
great Company to work for
good management and great co-workers to work with , wonderful work environment
My questions/concerns always addressed
Flexible schedule
Pros
enviroment
Cons
Health Benefits, pay
na
Residential Services Specialist 2/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 30, 2015
Supervised daily activities of the residents and employees. Loved the job just had to relocate so left the company. Great benefits and the management treated you with respect.
Unorganized
Residential (Former Employee) –  ElizabethtonSeptember 25, 2015
Good salary. The corporate only cares about money. I was told the quicker a client goes on aftercare, the quicker we start making good money. They see clients as profit.The benefits aren't very good to be such a large company. Corporate will only put empoyees down and will threaten your job anytime they see you. There are better companies out there.
Pros
Salary is reasonable
Cons
No support from upper management. Only care about profit.
helping to make a difference in teens life
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  cleveland,TNJuly 29, 2015
* Set up lesson plans for teens
*hardest part was dealing with aggressive teens
*ensure safety of teens
*help them resolve daily issues
Pros
good pay
Cons
hostial work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Visions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7