Omni Visions Employee Reviews in United States

Omni Vision
Professional Support Person (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2016
The typical day dealing with children with or without behaviors. Making sure that they are taking care of properly. Taking notes on their daily products and what may goes on.
Good company, professional staff and administration
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 11, 2016
Enjoy working with my co-workers and the clients. Working with the clients is the most enjoyable yet sometimes challenging jobs.
Rewards loyalty and sacrifice with layoffs
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNApril 12, 2016
Great job, get to work with kids, very flexible. Benefits are horrible, no job security. In my time there we had one horrible facility director and a great one witch was let go. Worked with a lot of great people that really cared about the clients.
Pros
Got to eat leftovers
Cons
Had no breaks for more than a year.
Avoid.
Residential Employee (Former Employee) –  Middle TNMarch 11, 2016
If "for-profit foster care" doesn't scare you off, the disorganized, reactive, chickens-with-their-heads-cut-off, crisis-driven and inept management and bean-counting corporate culture will!

Company "Mission Statement" is obviously a joke if you re-read it 6 months after your initial orientation.

Training is poor, incomplete, not provided in a timely manner, inconsistent and often conflictual in terms of information presented. Employees are often unaware of a certain protocol or procedure until someone from corporate tells them "you're doing it wrong".

Quality Assurance is ineffective, inconsistent, arbitrary, and generally unavailable and out of touch.

Corporate and regional management is a top-heavy good-ol' boy's network of overpaid glad-handers.

Insurance is expensive and useless. Don't plan on getting sick if you work for this agency.

Communication between corporate and front-line, between departments, and even within departments is disorganized and often non-existent. Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing? At Omni, the fingers of the same hand don't even know what the ones next to them are doing! When communication DOES occur, corporate often says "Do it THIS way" and the very next day says to do the same thing a DIFFERENT way! What makes it even more ridiculous is that not every one will get either of the messages - much less BOTH!

Employees seem to be viewed primarily as liabilities on a payroll spreadsheet, Not viewed as humans with families of their own - just warm bodies to plug into a staff-to-youth ratio (the
  more... MINIMUM required ratio at that - regardless of kid's needs for support or supervision - don't want those hourly employees to collect any overtime!) or a mechanism to complete a required contact log. Raises don't happen, annual performance reviews don't happen, BUT if you make a minor mistake on a procedure that you weren't trained on or even aware of, write-ups WILL happen. No wonder there is such high turnover in this company.

And for the WORST part: The disadvantaged kids served by this agency appear to simply be viewed as revenue sources, with the state's per-diem weighed against the minimal cost of services to squeeze out the most profit possible for corporate.

It's surprising that this agency can maintain their licensure and contracts with the state, especially re. their residential facilities.
Pros
Dedicated and hardworking co-workers.
Cons
Management puts profits over client's needs and employee support, poor training, poor quality assurance, useless healthcare, Often-dangerous and stressful work environment in residential facilities, Profits and corner-cutting placed above needs of youth they are contracted to serve.
Great place to learn new skills
COMPANION (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 6, 2016
Excellent learning experience and has become very helpful with learning how to deal with disabled individuals. They had very flexible work hours to help me keep up with my family.
Good
Client/Participant (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 2, 2016
Great place to work. I would go back to work here anytime. Great people and great management. This was my favorite place to work.
poor management
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNFebruary 8, 2016
management is not supportive of personal development, there is no room for advancement, the company itself is only worried about profits and not the children and families they serve.
Best place to learn what not to do.
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 21, 2015
I worked for OVI for exactly 1 year. I was underpaid and overworked. My education was a tool for them to use at their convenience. I never had a day off, even on days I took for vacation, I was still called by my foster parents. My direct supervisor was an absolute blessing and tried to help however she could. The executive director and team leader demoted to RC then promoted again where office bullies. After putting in my 2 week notice, I was treated the worse I had ever been by any one. I'm fortunate to have learned what not to be in a supervisory role and overall as a coworker. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at OVI or become a foster parent there.
Pros
The kids and foster parents.
Cons
Management (regional and corporate), pay, benefits, ethics
Nice company to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2015
great Company to work for
good management and great co-workers to work with , wonderful work environment
My questions/concerns always addressed
Flexible schedule
Pros
enviroment
Cons
Health Benefits, pay
na
Residential Services Specialist 2/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 30, 2015
Supervised daily activities of the residents and employees. Loved the job just had to relocate so left the company. Great benefits and the management treated you with respect.
Unorganized
Residential (Former Employee) –  ElizabethtonSeptember 25, 2015
Good salary. The corporate only cares about money. I was told the quicker a client goes on aftercare, the quicker we start making good money. They see clients as profit.The benefits aren't very good to be such a large company. Corporate will only put empoyees down and will threaten your job anytime they see you. There are better companies out there.
Pros
Salary is reasonable
Cons
No support from upper management. Only care about profit.
helping to make a difference in teens life
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  cleveland,TNJuly 29, 2015
* Set up lesson plans for teens
*hardest part was dealing with aggressive teens
*ensure safety of teens
*help them resolve daily issues
Pros
good pay
Cons
hostial work environment
Great Clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 12, 2015
It was a interesting environment to work at. The clients were awesome!. your co-workers were a bit catty but tolerable.
Pros
great clients
Cons
Low pay
Terrible unethical management,
Resource coordinator (Former Employee) –  KentuckyApril 15, 2015
A for-profit company that works with foster children should be an eye opener. The children served get the minimal of services. Foster parents are not properly trained. Management will say one thing one day and forget it the next. Besides myself I have seen other staff and foster parents lied to regarding salaries and compensation. They falsified employee records. Staff were told they could not use vacation time till the first of the year and then when the first of year came around staff were told that they lost their vacation time and would never get it back. The expect staff to work major holidays and they are not compensated for it. Staff are so poorly trained other offices in the state use different forms and perform work differently. But if you do not perform the new method properly you get in trouble for it even though they never trained you in the first place. They will say anything to get families to become foster parents with them and then will only give them the children that makes them the most money even if it's not the type of children the foster parent are interested in.

They talk about taking care of yourself and it's like family. Nothing could be more from the truth. It is sad because the foster parents and children are so wonderful.

How they are able to keep their license is amazing. It is no wonder they have such a difficult time finding employees.
Pros
Ability to work with wonderful foster parents
Cons
poor management, poor work conditions, unethical practices, management will lie to staff and foster parents for money, low pay
Not a good place to work. Work somewhere else. The company doesn't care about their employees.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 12, 2015
Not a good place to work. Work somewhere else. Management doesn't care how their employees feel at all. You work all the time. They are not structured. They need more employees. The turn over rate is very high. Not many employees last more than six months.
Pros
It is a job.
Cons
Helathcare is not worth having.
awful
caregiver (Former Employee) –  greeneville, tnApril 5, 2015
They don't care about anything but money. They barely pay min wage and expect people to work 50+ hours with no notice. I was left hours with no relief after shift and the manager knew about it and didn't tell me several times.
run.... fast in any direction but there....
staff (Former Employee) –  Jackson tnJanuary 28, 2015
Awful in Jackson tn. They don't care about the front line individuals who break their backs to xo what needs to be done. .. They don't care about the people they're serving only the money they bring to the company. Pay is joke and they work you to death then fire you if you're looking like you are tired. They love investigations . And they're un professional. If you have questions they're not responsive. You can never reach the office staff and they don't return calls. The RN is the worst person to deal with. She's rude and. Smart mouth who would rather criticize than teach. I don't even know what to say about the director. .. they have high turnover for a reason. .. pass on the job if you care anything about your sanity , lively hood, or your family because they won't care. Not disgruntled just a wise observer.
Pros
working directly with the individuals
Cons
everything else especially the office bullies
keep it moving
lpn (Former Employee) –  Jackson tnJanuary 15, 2015
Pay is only 14 starting out as a lpn not worth it esp if your going to be at Pt home for 12 hours!! Competition offer more. Management poor and unorganized I would not apply if in jackson area.
A great place overall
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNNovember 20, 2014
A typical day at work was a day that was not so typical. The clients always made the day different each and every day. I learned that you have to have patience and that mentally challenged people, although low functioning according to society, are actually very intelligent individuals. The job was a challenge some days when dealing with the field of work but the house managers were always a helpful hand in guiding you into handling situations better. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when you would be called in or required to stay longer because of someone not showing up or running late. But, the most enjoyable part of the job is the day when your clients gain trust for you and you have more influence on them to be better individuals.
Pros
influencing the mentally challenged
Cons
healthcare
overworked and underpayed.
Direct Support (Former Employee) –  East Tn.November 5, 2014
worked over 5 yrs and made less than 8.50 hr. management doesn't care about their employees. cut out yearly bonuses too. You have to do this work since you care about people since you won't make much money.
Pros
12 hr monthly vacation time after 5 yrs
Cons
low wages and under staffed

2.9