Omnicare, Inc Employee Reviews

Sometimes, fun environment.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tukwila, WaAugust 25, 2015
My work environment is fun at times, but also a bit hectic. It's a really big company but it doesn't appear to be much room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting patients and the medical staff at the facilities.
HORRIBLE
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee), Peabody.,maAugust 12, 2015
Cons: Benefits, pay check, and everything else
Horrible place to work for!!! They make you work like a slave without any type of appreciation. They're benefits are suck. All you get is pto and one personal day, they don't care if you have an emergency or not you'll get points for calling out, coming 3min late or leaving early, I wouldn't recommend it
A very stressful work environment, especially if you are Entry-Level. High expectations of productivity, but poor training given to achieve this goal.
Pharmacy Order Entry Technician (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good employee benefits package
Cons: Long hours, "mandatory" overtime on a regular basis, and poor training.
This employer is a Long-Term-Care Pharmacy. I originally applied here for an open position as a Medical Records Technician, which I have been trained in during my college program as a Medical Administrative Assistant. I was ultimately hired, but was not given the chance to work with Medical Records within the position that I had applied for. Instead, I was hired as a Pharmacy Order Entry Technician, which I do NOT have any prior experience, knowledge, training, exposure, or required licensing for. I was promised training that would enable me to learn the essential job functions, but the training that I did receive was less than adequate. I was terminated for "poor productivity levels", although I was never given the training that would have increased that productivity margin. Another issue was "mandatory overtime", almost on a daily basis. Rather than hire more new employees who are already experienced, they make employees work very long hours on a regular basis, thus making it very difficult to balance a healthy lifestyle outside of the workplace.
Challenging and often demanding, but never dull.
IT Field Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2015
Pros: People appreciated (and respected) your assistance
Cons: Lots of travel and demanding projects.
The IT Field Tech position was demanding in that a large territory needed a lot of hands-on support. I learned a lot about LAN/WAN systems, PC workstation support, thermal printers, and more. Management only became involved after certain large mergers brought in new people who assumed their way was 'the' way. Co-workers were the people you provided support to, so they were always very appreciative and glad to see you. The hardest part of the job was dealing with new mergers, business purchases, and sudden 'high-level' policy changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably the sense of accomplishment when large projects were completed successfully.
Dynamic work place
Senior Regional Manager (Former Employee), USAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Travel throughout country
Cons: Travel throughout country
Omnicare is a great place to work if you have good work ethics. Non management is getting to feel more secure although at one time everyone was in a perpetual state of fear of losing their job.
Great company. Love my co-workers. Talented extenders. Managers are supportive and fair.
Consultant Pharmacist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 17, 2015
Pros: Offers opportunity to network with other healthcare professionals.
Cons: Cant think of any at this time.
I think Omnicare is a great company and offer excellent opportunity for keeping up to date with the latest in technology.
Horrible!!!
packaging tech (Former Employee), njMay 19, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: everything else!!
This is the worst company to work for. They do not care about you at all. They work you like a slave. You can't talk. They have people from dara entry spy on you. I worked 2nd shift. Half the time we weren't getting out till after 230am. Horrible horrible place. Glad I'm gone!!
horrible place to work, they do not care about employees
Triage Technician (Former Employee), cincinnatiMay 1, 2015
Pros: paycheck and benefits
Cons: hostile work environment, extreme favoritism, detached uncaring management, pto is a joke, the whole company is a joke and just went up for sale so even corporate knows its awful
worked in triage for a year on third shift and excelled at the actual but was treated unfairly by my reporting manager because i very rarely saw or spoke with her as she mostly left before i arrived. they show extreme favoritism when it comes to scheduling, pto or tardiness points. third shift is expected to work all holidays. no foramal training or orientation was given. some employees will come and go and the manager adjusts their time while others are held unfairly accountable. no room for growth within the company. they do not care about the clients they serve...just the bottom line. DO NOT WORK HERE unless you are very desperate for work.
employees not appreciated, tenure means nothing
Office Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2015
local management limited in ability to appreciate employees and keep moral up for staff. overworked, understaffed, underappreciated,
Not worth it unles.....
Order entry tech (Former Employee), Lodi, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: set work schedule for the week
Cons: everything else!
Typical day would be anything other than your own work. Always having to ffix problems left behind from the previous shifts before able to work on yours.
Also its better than a coffee shop, because everyone doesn't know how not to gossip. With management picking & choosing friends or family for days off or for open positions.
HR is a joke & the PTO policy policyis another jok, because even if "a friend" is at the 8 point limit they are not fired no question asked as policy states. But anyone else walked out even when they have notes from MD
Terrible
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Floriasant, MoJanuary 31, 2015
Cons: management, employees, underpaid
Worst place to work, underpaid 9.10 an hour unless you show favoritism you will get at least 10.00, , they will hire an off the street person over your resume if you are trying to switch positions. All the management are friends so nothing will get done, if you are trying to complain. Don't work there very unprofessional.
Hardwork
Picking technician (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction. MDJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: management, workloads
I worked for Omnicare and gained alot of experience. I worked hard on 3rd shift. We got a lot done, i made new friends but the pay was horrible! I made my money in overtime. I worked doubles two-three times a week. I say work there for experience and money.
Don't even consider this place
Office (Former Employee), StanfordJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: work all the time calling all the time short staffed
stafford is the worst to work for. They discriminate against you for anything. They expect you to work 24 hrs a day. No support and set up for failure. Understaffed and the corp office could care less. Always cutting staff and expect you to do more with less. They inform others of your personal business and don't care about you at all. They are rude and will stab you in the back the moment they have the chance do not go here it's a awful place to work for and all fake. No one is happy there and all is treated poorly. No respect for anyone in any position.
worst place ever in history
anomosy (Former Employee), Brooklyn center, mnJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: pay check
Cons: favoritism, managers, omnicare
Worst place ever. Management sucks not just at the work place but corporate also. They don't care about you at all. A lot of favoritism there. Also Managers rather sit in the office to gossip and ask each other what to have for lunch rather than to help their employees. Never seen such a bad work environment like omnicare before. It's supposed to so call "be a team effort" but there not one team effort working there. Plus they over work you but don't even pay you enough. If you're desparate try it out but if your not look somewhere. This place is really bad.
They think they own you
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), CincinnatiJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: it is a paycheck
Cons: don't expect anyone to care about helping you here
Tried hard to get a job here thinking it was a fortune 500 company, but I would advise to look elsewhere. There is an atmosphere of fear and intimidation from manager. I spoke to a company HR person on the phone and then went into work only to be confronted about it by my manager in a private room. Retaliation is the name of the game here. I was supposed to be enrolled in benefits the first of the month following hire, but they still have not corrected this more than a month in...no benefits. I was told I was 2nd shift, but have worked all times of day and night averaging over 50 hours a week and the schedule changes often at the whim of the manager, so good luck trying to have any personal life. I have already given my 2 weeks notice after only a few weeks. Absolutely horrible.
EXACTLY THE SAME IN FORT WORTH, TX OR WORSE!
Picking Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TxJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: job/pay check
Cons: scheduling, pto
See Richmond, VA review (1-12-15)...Worst job ever!!!!
If you're desperate by all means give it a try, I did. Otherwise, run the other way! Little did I know that it could and would only get worse. I have never worked with so many professional, unprofessional people in my life. The entire company needs an enema!!!
unless desperate, don't bother
employee (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: everything else
Omnicare has little to offer except a salary. Their management is pathetic and shows bias beyond belief. If you are willing to NOT care about correct dispensing of medication or following board regulations, then you will accept some of the disturbing policies.

Even better is what they do to their overnight crew. Whether you are a technician or a pharmacist, forget about enjoying the "paid time off" you accrue unless you can find someone to work for you!! Many very good employees have left because of this policy so be forewarned if you apply for an overnight position.

If I were to sum up the culture at Omnicare, I would compare it to "the inmates running the asylum". The management ONLY cares about pleasing the few employees that could be classified as their "pets".

On a positive note, if ALL you care about is receiving a paycheck (not quality of life, integrity, or management responding to or addressing any concerns), then Omnicare is the place for you!!
Overall
Manager, Central Master Data Management (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2014
Pros: free coffee, hot choc., and tea in the break room, fully stocked first aid kits on every floor. tranportation and parking compensation. great location
Cons: currently going through a huge culture change. managers who don't want to manage.
I have worked at Omnicare over the last nine years and have seen many changes.

Overall it is a good place to work.
Very professional workplace
DATA ENTRY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PANovember 20, 2014
I would log into the system and review patient records and information. I learned how to be organized and efficient. Management was very hands on and helpful with training and on into the actual work. Co-workers were all very friendly and helpful with welcoming me into the workplace. The hardest part of the job was maintaining all of the records for each patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new and getting to work in a corporate atmosphere.
Results oriented with a high focus on quality and team building
Account Executive and Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2014
Registered nurse with many years of experience is a wide range of practice fields from bedside critical care to home and long term care settings.

I enjoy building a professional team members and being part of new experiences. Those who I have worked with in the past would tell you that I am always there to help out, take on an extra load in times of need, and that do so without complaining. I recognize that everyone brings certain qualities to every job, and helping them reach their own potential to grow as individuals is the biggest part of any supervisory position. This is what I find to be the most enjoyable part of management and team building.