Omnicare, Inc

Omnicare, Inc Employer Reviews

Local location BAD
Billing and adjudication (Current Employee), Decatur, IlJune 20, 2014
Pros: good hours and facility.
Cons: larger offices have good management, local office management frequently uses profanity, lack of training, high turnover
The office I worked in had terrible management in my department. Supervisor often used profanity toward employees. Unrealistic goals.
Unable to advance, clinical team, former employee
Clinical Team (Former Employee), Orlando,FLJune 14, 2014
Co-workers very nice to work with, however manager very rude and does not know how to communicate with her co-workers. I do not deserve her to belittle me and I can find a position elsewhere! Everyone knows everyone in the company and the HR reps know the managers very well. Unable to voice opinion as they all spend time with one another.
Solid reputable company with a young enthusiastic work culture
Corporate Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2014
Very challenging and rewarding position. Sharpened my excel skills immensively. Performing actual applied accounting knowledge and priciples of G.A.A.P and SOX controls while working in the role
Typical day at work
Pharmacy Order Entry Technician (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 3, 2014
Pros: great company, really good benefits
Cons: pace of the position, very fast paced.
Very fast paced data entry position. Minimum requirement was 30 prescriptions an hour. I was told that it would take about a year to really feel comfortable in the job because there are so many different ways to input and interpret a prescription.
Colorado
employee (Current Employee), Golden ColoradoJune 1, 2014
Pros: great people, great pay, great hours, bbqs, monthly birthday parties for employees.
Cons: if you don't live near golden colorado it can be a long drive.
I noticed all these reviews are from people not in Colorado. Omnicare Golden is a great place to work. It's a closed pharmacy, so your only working with other medical professionals and the staff is a group of light hearted and caring people. Hard work is rewarded as it should be and management is very understanding and helpful. More often then not you will see your supervisor down in the trenches right next to you working orders and taking part in playful banter.
pharmacy for beginners and shipping for beginners
Staging Technician (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits and insurance
Cons: can never make plans
The hardest part of the job was getting the meds out to their destination on time
Great place to work with great people and surroundings
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Englewood, OHMarch 25, 2014
Learning the procedures for billing medication and medical supplies and keeping knowledge updated on policies and Federal/State laws was enjoyable. Working with people that was helpful both in the office and over the phone. Gaining understanding of how facilities worked and provided care to residents along with providing my services to ensure products were available gave a feeling of satisfaction.
Lots of Conflict of Interest and Undered Payed
Assistant Operational Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 14, 2014
Bad place to work, lack of training, conflict of interest among favorites, no compensation for advancement, lack of pay way under the national and state average.
Currently going through restructuring
Manager, Central Master Data Management (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 7, 2014
Pros: the company pays for parking and or bus passes for all employees
Cons: the parking is not in the building and it is a walk to the office
I enjoy the research and attention to detail digging down into the customer requests or complaints to resolve the issues

The hardest part of the job is balancing the management of people.

I have learned that everyday is a learning experience and no one knows everything. To be a good manager you have to be fair but firm.
Great opportunity to learn
Executive Account Manager (Current Employee), USAFebruary 4, 2014
Opportunity to develop business strategies and relationships with health care facilities who depend on life saving/enhanced quality of life products for their customers.
hell
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 25, 2014
worst place to work if you are looking to be respected for your job quality
n/a
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 17, 2013
Omnicare is not a good company, at least not the department I work in.
fast environment and sometimes stressful and chaotic on a time schedule
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2013
Pros: 2 15 minutes breaks and half hour lunch.
Cons: no advancement or rewards.
Enjoy the job. A typical day is sending out all medical for customers quickly and accurately. The time restraints and proper handling of all equipment as well as supplies. Management is available for assistance. Like my co-workers, team players. Hardest part of the job finding space to work in. Easiest part is knowing what is expected for that day and success at the end.
Challenging and important work.
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 6, 2013
A solid company with management that keeps projects under control.
Steady and productive customer service and billing office.
Customer Service/Insurance Billing (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 16, 2013
At Omnicare the day to day schedule was answering phones and speaking with customers (patients and guarantors) about insurance, billing and medication questions. Billing insurance and contacting the insurance companies. In this job I learned a lot about the different insurance plans and about medications. As a whole I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the daily tasks that were involved in this position.
customer oriented constantly changing and learning environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Henderson, KY/Cheshire, CTAugust 19, 2013
Pros: benefits, pto, sick pay, motivational perks-paid pizza lunch, free ice cream in summer
Cons: point based attendance system
With the continuing and constantly changing dynamics within the long-term care and ederly community it was both educating and challenging to meet and exceed our customers needs on a daily basis.
Working with some of the most highly educated and trusting Pharmacists on a daily basis and having the ability to both learn from one another as a complete team. Utilizing abiltity to cross-train in other departments in order to assist when needed.
The hardest and most challenging part of the job was needing to be available regardless of weather challenges knowing our patients needed the medications and fully relied on us.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, everyone was willing to assist and work together to meet our quotas and common goals in order to meet and exceed our daily work load.
This is a good job
Help Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 15, 2013
This is a good job. The people that work here are great. The management is very hands off, tends to be a good thing and a bad thing. The best part of this job is the people you get to work with every day.
Good workplace
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 1, 2013
Largest company of its kind in the industry. Recent management changes have streamlined the company.
Great place to gain a variety of pharmacy experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDMay 26, 2013
Pros: many departments to gain experience from
Cons: lack of care or concern by management and staff, lack or adequate supervision over all shifts
Overall, Omnicare is a good facility to learn from. Technicians are rotated to different positions enabling one to gain a lot of experience. The down sound is that your schedule can be changed at any moment contrary to what your needs are. Often times you are expected to stay until the work is done even if that means staying longer than your shift. Refusing to stay longer is frowned upon. The pay scale is very poor. Even as a technician with several years of experience and certification it is unlikely you will be paid very much. The turn around rate for employees is very high. New highers to not stay on very long. The environment is very stressful. Management is poor and often times rude and abusive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your fellow employees and building friendships. The downside to that is we are not expected to talk with one another while we are working. We are made to feel that joking, laughter and enjoying our job is forbidden. The rules are not equal amongst every shift. over night shifts get away with doing less work that falls on the morning and afternoon shifts. Moral is very low amongst management and employees. I personally do not feel the patients and employees matter. I feel that money is valued most and production is about quantity not quality.
A great company to work for
National Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Covington, KYApril 3, 2013
Pros: enjoyable people that work together
Omnicare is a company that has endured many changes throughout the past five years. Growth and tenacity are important factors and with the support of new Senior Management, this company should be an inspiration for our growing senior age group that can benefit from this company's assistance.
I had the pleasure of working with many diverse and helpful people. Omnicare will always hold a spot in my heart.