Omnicare, Inc

Omnicare, Inc Employer Reviews

Currently going through restructuring
Manager, Central Master Data Management (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 7, 2014
Pros: the company pays for parking and or bus passes for all employees
Cons: the parking is not in the building and it is a walk to the office
I enjoy the research and attention to detail digging down into the customer requests or complaints to resolve the issues

The hardest part of the job is balancing the management of people.

I have learned that everyday is a learning experience and no one knows everything. To be a good manager you have to be fair but firm.
Great opportunity to learn
Executive Account Manager (Current Employee), USAFebruary 4, 2014
Opportunity to develop business strategies and relationships with health care facilities who depend on life saving/enhanced quality of life products for their customers.
hell
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 25, 2014
worst place to work if you are looking to be respected for your job quality
n/a
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 17, 2013
Omnicare is not a good company, at least not the department I work in.
fast environment and sometimes stressful and chaotic on a time schedule
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2013
Pros: 2 15 minutes breaks and half hour lunch.
Cons: no advancement or rewards.
Enjoy the job. A typical day is sending out all medical for customers quickly and accurately. The time restraints and proper handling of all equipment as well as supplies. Management is available for assistance. Like my co-workers, team players. Hardest part of the job finding space to work in. Easiest part is knowing what is expected for that day and – more... success at the end. – less
Challenging and important work.
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 6, 2013
A solid company with management that keeps projects under control.
Steady and productive customer service and billing office.
Customer Service/Insurance Billing (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 16, 2013
At Omnicare the day to day schedule was answering phones and speaking with customers (patients and guarantors) about insurance, billing and medication questions. Billing insurance and contacting the insurance companies. In this job I learned a lot about the different insurance plans and about medications. As a whole I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the – more... daily tasks that were involved in this position. – less
customer oriented constantly changing and learning environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Henderson, KY/Cheshire, CTAugust 19, 2013
Pros: benefits, pto, sick pay, motivational perks-paid pizza lunch, free ice cream in summer
Cons: point based attendance system
With the continuing and constantly changing dynamics within the long-term care and ederly community it was both educating and challenging to meet and exceed our customers needs on a daily basis.
Working with some of the most highly educated and trusting Pharmacists on a daily basis and having the ability to both learn from one another as a complete – more... team. Utilizing abiltity to cross-train in other departments in order to assist when needed.
The hardest and most challenging part of the job was needing to be available regardless of weather challenges knowing our patients needed the medications and fully relied on us.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, everyone was willing to assist and work together to meet our quotas and common goals in order to meet and exceed our daily work load. – less
This is a good job
Help Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 15, 2013
This is a good job. The people that work here are great. The management is very hands off, tends to be a good thing and a bad thing. The best part of this job is the people you get to work with every day.
Good workplace
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 1, 2013
Largest company of its kind in the industry. Recent management changes have streamlined the company.
Great place to gain a variety of pharmacy experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDMay 26, 2013
Pros: many departments to gain experience from
Cons: lack of care or concern by management and staff, lack or adequate supervision over all shifts
Overall, Omnicare is a good facility to learn from. Technicians are rotated to different positions enabling one to gain a lot of experience. The down sound is that your schedule can be changed at any moment contrary to what your needs are. Often times you are expected to stay until the work is done even if that means staying longer than your shift. – more... Refusing to stay longer is frowned upon. The pay scale is very poor. Even as a technician with several years of experience and certification it is unlikely you will be paid very much. The turn around rate for employees is very high. New highers to not stay on very long. The environment is very stressful. Management is poor and often times rude and abusive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your fellow employees and building friendships. The downside to that is we are not expected to talk with one another while we are working. We are made to feel that joking, laughter and enjoying our job is forbidden. The rules are not equal amongst every shift. over night shifts get away with doing less work that falls on the morning and afternoon shifts. Moral is very low amongst management and employees. I personally do not feel the patients and employees matter. I feel that money is valued most and production is about quantity not quality. – less
A great company to work for
National Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Covington, KYApril 3, 2013
Pros: enjoyable people that work together
Omnicare is a company that has endured many changes throughout the past five years. Growth and tenacity are important factors and with the support of new Senior Management, this company should be an inspiration for our growing senior age group that can benefit from this company's assistance.
I had the pleasure of working with many diverse and helpful – more... people. Omnicare will always hold a spot in my heart. – less
Contradictions between espoused core values and their lack of truly practicing them makes this less than a pleasant place to work.
Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 15, 2013
Pros: not too closely supervised. just left to do our job.
Cons: corporate culture shows no concern for employees employed as support staff, as opposed to those who generate income.
Typical day:
Come in to work and check service queue. Prioritize workload and begin work. Respond to inquiries for status of repairs and provide technical assistance to help desk staff as needed.

I worked with some great people there. Very supportive and a good team to be with.

Our last supervisor was great. He didn't micro-manage us, and simply expected – more... us to do our jobs. Upper management, however, was not really aware of what our work entailed.

The greatest challenge was dealing with users who were not tech savvy and their sometimes unrealistic expectations. The most satisfying part of the job was successfully solving problems for people. – less
A constantly changing work environment. Provides opportunities on many levels. Somewhat unorganized, but politics is the name of the game.
Divisional Controller (Former Employee), Covington, KYJanuary 4, 2013
At Omnicare you have to be ready to shift your schedule at the drop of a dime. I learned to be flexible, deal with people in other states and obtain vital information to complete tasks. Management was constantly changing so it was essential that you just put your head down and work. The hardest part of the job was communication with management. Everything – more... was ASAP, which inherently is impossible. So you need to be prepared to work on multiple tasks at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with everyday. You have to make the best of certain situations and I did my best to make sure we were not only productive, but had fun getting projects completed accurately and on time. – less
Enjoyed the variety of work.
Accounts Receivable/Data Entry/ Clerical Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2012
Pros: good variety of work
Cons: mgt. not very together.
Enjoyed the variety of work but could have been managed better.
Co-workers worked well together for the most part.
Made many friends.
Corporate
Accounts Receivable/Collections (Former Employee), Covington, KYOctober 18, 2012
Pros: great people working under management
Cons: horrible work place
Loads of policies. Felt like I was in school again. Had to ask for permission to do anything.
Lot of political manuvering.
Regional Facilities Associate (Former Employee), Covington, KYOctober 17, 2012
Pros: employee activities
Cons: croniesim
Eight hours on telephone out going and incoming calls. Ignore politics of office. Management not always cooperative. Most of coworkers easy to get along with. Hardest part of job was watching my back. Most enjoyable employee activities.
Fine company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Covington, KYAugust 27, 2012
Management and co-workers depended on me alot and it was a great feeling. We all worked well together.
Exciting place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Covington, KYJuly 16, 2012
Pros: very relaxed atmosphere
Cons: no down time.
A very fast paced environment where employees are given some degree of control to perform their assigned duties.