Omnicare

Omnicare Employee Reviews

fun and easy to work with people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJFebruary 1, 2016
it's fun everyday working with omnicare coz people around always smile, some does'nt but mostly does. it's very rewarding when everyday you made someone smile and happy knowing they're satisfied with the sevice you provided and the impact you did with the company itself. i have a very reliable and approachable supervisor , she usually ask how you're doing and if everything's alright, i have another supervisor from the other dept. that i was working on who's always asking me everyday how many fax machines i need? he's a very nice person, but strict when it comes to work, when he say you have to send this fax machine to the nursing home today, well you have to do it. he always say that we can't let those nurses wait, because they too have things to do and accomplish. I would'nt have survived working with omnicare for 13 years if i don't love the company and the people i'm working with.
Pros
summer luncheon, birthday cakes for celebrants, xmas and new year fellowships.
Cons
15 mins. short breaks and 30 mins. lunch break.
fun place to work
Staff Pharmacist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLFebruary 1, 2016
fun place to work, nice co-workers, clinical pharmacy environment
management nice and courteous, customers nice to work with
Omnicare is a great company! Fun culture and benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2016
Omnicare is a great company! Fun culture and benefits. I had a wonderful experience and could not say anything negative.
Large corporate
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Tend to get lost in the large amout of employees and overlooked as well as the customer service for clients. Pay is low for the amout of time and hard work an employee puts in.
Productive work place
pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2016
Understanding the necessity of how vital it is to get the patients script correct by paying attention to critical detail and shipped out on time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Hours
Culture needs improvement
employee (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 9, 2016
As a lower level manger, the job had little to no satisfaction. There was little time for life independent of work. The benefits and pay were minimal compared to other sectors of pharmacy. You were always looking over your shoulder because throwing each other under the bus seemed to be the common theme. Micromanagement was and probably still is rampant to the point employee morale has been severely affected. CVS who recently bought Omnicare claim improving the culture in the workplace is one of their top goals. I sincerely hope they recognize this and are able to improve the attitude in the pharmacies by addressing upper management first.
Pros
Knowing your ultimate job is improving the lives of the patients
Cons
micromanagement, compensation
Ok place to work..
Field Service Representative, Med B Division (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 5, 2016
Good location. Nice small company. I would work here again. Great benefits and compensation. A lot of room to grow and relocate if you want that option.
Great positive environment with high energy
Medicaln Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Canton, OHJanuary 5, 2016
I went to work and everyone had a nice welcoming smile on their faces and I got to my desk and had nice big secluded place to do my work and also interacted with the patients and learned new things everyday.
Pros
always had drawings and win things like baseball tickets and gift cards give away
Cons
Needed full time and pay wasnt very much for the degree I earned.
Average company
Private Pay Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 23, 2015
This is a typical company that struggles in treating their employees fairly. The pay is adequate for the line of work. Recently bought out by CVS, unsure of what changes will be made.
Benefit Investigation
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2015
• Responsible for the Biogen account handling benefits investigations and prior authorizations
• Receive referrals from the case managers, and deal with copay assistance
• Completed documentation including Prior Authorization, ICD Coding 9 & 10
• Collected additional documentation including; clinical notes, lab results, step therapy
• Responsible for running test and live claims and referrals
Pros
Patient centered focus
Cons
Structure
omnicare
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 1, 2015
It was good, I like long term care pharmacy. The pay is very bad and too much work. I would like to work in a similar pharmacy but I would want better benefits.
Very good coworkers
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2015
The group I worked in was very knowledgeable. The company management was very weak. Over 250 people got laid off when the company was sold.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
entire team laid off when company was sold.
I enjoyed just being there with some really nice people. We all were there to help one another for the most part. It was nice to be part of a team.
Stageing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2015
This job was a big change from being a workers comp examine. I lost my job in the recession because with everybody being unemployed we became unemployed as well. I decided to stay busy on a plan B so I went to pharmacy technician school because there seemed to be a lot of work in Tampa for that type a job. Even though the money was minimal, the work was far less stressful than my previous career. Omnicare was a good place to work. You didn't have to worry about making a $200,000 mistake. The work was done at the end of the day.
Pros
Less stress, dress code, Nice people.
Cons
Nepotism there were many young people who did not appreciate even having a job, and did not have any respect for the company with their behavior.
Great place to work to feel like you really count as an employee
Lead Certified Pharmacy Technician/Tech Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2015
Working in the IV department was beneficially to my career as a pharmacy tech. My director took the time to explain things I didn't know and teach me on the subjects.
Pros
Could work at your own pace and independenlty
Cons
Low paying
Omnicare was a good company to work for I learned a lot
Controlled Medications Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHNovember 12, 2015
When I worked at Omnicare I did enjoy working with everyone and learning a lot of new things when it came to helping the patient I know that we never talked to the patient directly however when I would listen in on a call and the nurse would explain to the pharmacist what the issues were with the patient then the pharmacist would consult with the doctor to see if their would be any other means of treatment. I also learned a lot when it came to controlled medication with what is proper and improper on ordering, prescribing, etc. I think it was a good experience for me
Pros
The staff, Work enviornment, Other people willing to help you
Cons
Nothing that I can think of
Great Team
purchasing manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 5, 2015
Wonderful team in Tyler Tx.

Everyone works hard to get patients their medications.

Hours are great

Pharmacy manager is awesome and also is a family person so therefore our family was first.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hours
Overall Job Enjoyed My Position
Patient Assistance Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2015
Management has no idea how to run the team.. With expectations overboard to what each individual, is capable of doing in an 8 hour work day.
Pros
Helping patients get medication they need to have a good quality of life!
Cons
Working for Amgen Team
Company as a whole
Revenue Qualifier (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 1, 2015
The job itself is great, challenging, but not difficult. There are no bonuses or incentives though and for the hard workers who do more than they are required to do and work overtime to help the team there are no extras for. They are also not very understanding with their attendance policy.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
not flexible/understanding with attendance
Not organized
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAOctober 25, 2015
The training that I was supposed to have never happened and I was never put in the position I was assigned. They made me feel out of place and no one was willing to guide me.
Was great at first.
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth OhioOctober 21, 2015
It was great when I first started there as a pharmacy tech. Loved the place, loved the people. Then the General Manager left along with a few other great people. After the new manager came in it was pretty much all down hill from there.