Omnicare

Omnicare Employee Reviews

Bad boss, miserable people, The funniest raise (1/2%) I ever received.
Developer (Former Employee), CincinattiJuly 28, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: see above
I think my boss was threatend because she did not have much technical depth. Very poor management skills and sometimes even personally insulting. Being a professional, I always do my best work, no matter the environment. This place was a real challange to my professionalism.

The most unfriendly place I have ever worked. Nobody would speak to you. Even "good morning' was rare, except for Victoria! She was very nice and had a great attitude.

Overall rating = YUK!
Productive and Very Fast Pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lodi, CAJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work would rage daily. I learned about different medications, spread sheets, how to receive medication, how to do company audits, and customer service. I loved Omnicares management staff and all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was some days finding the time to complete all my tasks for that day. The most enjoyable part of my job was I loved it.
Worst place ever
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee), Tampa, flJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Nothing good about this place
Cons: Everything mentioned above and more
You will not have a family life unless you are a favorite of management. The more you learn and know does not help you in growth, you will be kept in a department if they do not want you to advance. They allow racist remarks to be made and violent behavior. They will have you fired for speaking up for yourself two faced employees all around. They allow fights and arguments at the work area and will not take appropriate action to prevent altercations. The tech department is the worst. Techs know more than leads lol it's sad. Not to mention the shortage on medicines because they are not purchased or lack of certain medicines. Runs are never out on time because the lack of teamwork. I'm not surprised by the debt they were in. Hopefully The new buyers do a better job and gets rid of the slackers and trouble makers and incompetent managers and leads. They don't want hard workers they want chaos and drama because every night it's the same thing. The work environment is dangerous, argumentative, unorganized. I've witnessed things that I could not stand. Harrassment wasn't even addressed. It's just crazy how this place was ran. Degrading employees. Not a good place to be unless you like stress and don't care for patients. I have seen emergency kits not go out to facilities because nobody took time to do it and the labels sat on the printer 3 days out of the week this has happened and not everyone is trained to perform different aspects of the pharmacy.
Omnicare is a growing company facing growing pains.
Exchange Services Coordinator / Order Entry (Current Employee), Florissant, MOJuly 25, 2015
Pros: short commute
Cons: nepotisim within management structure
Unfortunately internal advancements are based on Who you know and not What you know. Culture Change is needed. Nepotism within management, upper management blind to internal structure.
I use to love my job, now not so much
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Hickory, NCJuly 21, 2015
When i first started at Omnicare my job was fun, I loved my co-workers. My boss was actually compassionate and caring. But in the last year my schedule has changed over 6 times, I'm constantly being woken up during the day and asked to come in early but yet later in the week I'm basically scolded for having overtime. They just have no idea how to run the place but when you have a GM and supervisor who have no clue about pharmacy who are not pharmacist or pharmacy techs you will have that.
Omnicare took over Neighborcare
Pharmacy Billing Manager (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MarylandJuly 13, 2015
I liked the work I did while working at in this field: management, building relationships; working closely with people to motivate and assist in team building. Billing, learning, teaching.
Challenges and changes everyday
Billing Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 8, 2015
Don't apply for this place if you have other options. Management always trying to convince you things will get better. In reality management needs to changes in order for things to get better.
Fast pace and productive work environment
Order Entry Technician (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Getting medical experience
Cons: Staying past my work schedule, very late nights most days, needs first shift
My typical workday consist of entering in patients medication and allergy information. Calculating dosages prescribed by doctors. Being able to work at a fast pace and also being accurate.
Friendly work environment
Pharmacy Consultant Extender (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
I traveled in the Hartford area to different long term and short term care facilities. There I would perform med pass observations with nurses and would then conduct inspections of all medication areas.
good work experience
servicenow developer (Former Employee), dublin ohJune 28, 2015
Pros: timings and environment
very good atmosphere to work, friendly environment and flexible timings, my co-worker are very friendly, very good scope to learn new technologies
Positive place to work
Billing Adjudicator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJune 24, 2015
Was able to put a lot of my knowledge that I got from school into practice with Omnicare. Friendly management and great coworkers. Hours weren't great.
Great workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2015
Knowledgeable and helpful staff who put patients first. Excellent training programs have been put in place to ensure new hires will perform in an effective and efficient manner.
Accept with Caution
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: lunches must be taken
Cons: you never know what time you truly clock out
Very chaotic...works for you if you like to be "all over the place" You are just thrown in and not given any formal training. You are expected to know the job and all aspects while shown 1 example. 99.9% of patients do not fit this example. Long hours and set hours do not exist.
Maintaining of Medical Records
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTJune 17, 2015
Maintain records for several facilities across the state. As well as printing of kardexs. I was team leader and made sure that all the work was completed on time for the facilities and handled phone calls when something needed to be changed or added.
Ok Place to Work
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Upper Management
If there was support from upper management, it would be a great place to work. I have worked for the company for almost 2 years and they have been sold to CVS Health. Nothing has been communicated other than Omnicare was sold.
Great coworkers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxJune 16, 2015
Great place to work. Great coworkers and I had a great supervisor. The hours were usually 40 per week with very little ot.
They will work you into the ground
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)/IV Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 16, 2015
Management is disorganized and the company lacks communication on all levels. Issues that employees are having are merely swept under the rug and not escalated to HR.
Great Place to Work. Good Opportunities.
Intake Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 15, 2015
Great Place to Work. Good Opportunities. Great Place to Work. Good Opportunities. Great Place to Work. Good Opportunities. Great Place to Work. Good Opportunities.
Meeting new clients was an added bonus.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Entire state of New JerseyJune 10, 2015
Pros: Business Trips
Cons: High gas prices, wear and tear on your own vehichle.
Omnicare was headed straight to bankruptcy. They were bought out
several times loosing many accounts .This information was not expressed to new applicants at time of hire. I pride myself with honesty and this truly was very disappointing.
it was a good job
Pharmacy Technician and med cart maintenance (Former Employee), Ashland, KYJune 5, 2015
Pros: getting out on the raod from time to time
Cons: getting down sized
I like what a was doing tech work the people . I worked with working on things sometimes learning to fill meds how the carts work. I had good managers and supperviers but co. down sized me said my job was not there any more.
Headquarters